Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 787222 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6420 on: May 26, 2019, 12:00:59 pm »

TFW you update to the latest experimental and the prison start doesnt have an NPC anymore (technically that start doesnt have one but still, it was needed to not get too injured while clearing out the zombies). so far i like most of the changes, i even activated the Magiclysm mod (was mainlined but optional, same as with the mythical martial arts).

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: June 04, 2019, 05:21:15 pm »

apparently they added mounts and carriages, i mean, you can now ride animals or make vehicles pulled by them (or something like that). latest content has been pretty interesting to be honest, they're adding more flesh to the Magiclysm part, and now there's an Island Prison scenario (since Boats have been basically added to the base game or so), oh and there's also something related to deconstructing ammunition.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: June 04, 2019, 06:43:23 pm »

Related, I've been very slowly doing progress on converting spells in arcana to use this setup. It's slow going. In functional terms I have 61 fucking spells to convert, and I've only done 15 of them so far.

I also have some mission chain stuff I might go for...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

dpwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: June 05, 2019, 07:14:23 am »

apparently they added mounts and carriages, i mean, you can now ride animals or make vehicles pulled by them (or something like that). latest content has been pretty interesting to be honest, they're adding more flesh to the Magiclysm part, and now there's an Island Prison scenario (since Boats have been basically added to the base game or so), oh and there's also something related to deconstructing ammunition.

Yup, I've added mountable/rideable creatures, and creature-pulled vehicles.

the PR is here for details https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/30459

One of our mappers has changed up the farm spawns so they sometimes spawn horses in barns, so there is an increased chance to find them.

Innawoods characters can now have proper vehicles pulled by horses.

Technically if you add the right flags to the data files, you can ride any monster you want now, or have zombie hulks pulling your luxury carriage.
( though I doubt thatd be allowed in the main game - only mods )

I also mainlined boats mod to main game,  so the sail "engines" I added means you can sail around on a lake, to support that I also modified the fishing mechanics to be more realistic so you dont deplete an entire region of its fish population by catching two fish.

Also I added faction ownership and thievery, so you can be caught stealing things in defined areas that dont belong to you.
The game will warn you, but just incase, dont go around taking all the refugee centre loot anymore :)

details in this PR. https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/29834

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 07:17:44 am by dpwb »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: June 05, 2019, 07:37:15 am »

Are bridges still can't be swimmed\sailed under?

dpwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: June 05, 2019, 08:49:49 am »

Are bridges still can't be swimmed\sailed under?

Not yet... there is work happening to make ramps and bridges on a higher z-level so boats can go under them, but vehicles going up ramps so part of their structure is on a different z-level is a real pain to implement.

In the meantime, amphibious vehicles going on land to go around the bridge is an annoying workaround.
And Lakes don't have bridges, and rivers often spill out into lakes, so there are more chances to avoid bridges now.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: June 05, 2019, 11:31:18 am »

I've also added around 2000 new lines of dialogue and still going strong. So far it's almost all in the refugee center, but I've just about finished the basic dialogue there and then I'm going to move on to some minor factions and random NPCs so that the population of NPCs with something to say begins to expand.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6427 on: June 05, 2019, 11:48:01 am »

I usually just burn down the refugee center, those guys are so useless. Are they becoming more useful/interesting?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: June 05, 2019, 02:16:34 pm »

I've also added around 2000 new lines of dialogue and still going strong. So far it's almost all in the refugee center, but I've just about finished the basic dialogue there and then I'm going to move on to some minor factions and random NPCs so that the population of NPCs with something to say begins to expand.

Neat! More npc stuff is my number one cataclysm demand.

How's the tileset going by the way?
Love, scriver~

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: June 05, 2019, 09:48:48 pm »

I usually just burn down the refugee center, those guys are so useless. Are they becoming more useful/interesting?
Depends on your definition of useful and interesting I guess. They have many more associated quests, missions, and dialogue, and more on the way. The shopkeeper's got a wider range of stock, and once a few planned features for shops are implemented that'll get better still and improve as you continue to run missions for them.

They're never going to provide you with end game resources or anything like that though. They're just better NPCs.

Neat! More npc stuff is my number one cataclysm demand.

How's the tileset going by the way?

It's on hold for the moment. It's always going to be a backburner thing for me. I have been trying to encourage someone to implement a mod version of it that piggybacks on existing tilesets so it can at least be tested out though.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:50:53 pm by Erk »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6430 on: June 06, 2019, 05:49:16 am »

Sounds like I should take a look at them again. Last time I played they were almost useless. They'd give you a few quests, point you to another site and that was it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: June 06, 2019, 12:13:20 pm »

For added fun, I ran into a mistake I made back when I added Sofia and the other Cleansing Flame holdouts. I thought I was being clever, since I decided to save Jonathan's mission chain for later, I gave him a dummy mission and left him without any dialogue letting you access the mission. That way when I came back to giving him missions, versions of him in old saves would immediately be accessible as a source of the new missions (as we discussed on the subreddit, Erk had a similar problem with Dino Dave).

Only problem? I dun goofed and gave Johnathan Sofia's first mission instead of the intended dummy mission. And versions of him in old saves will be stuck citing this mission. Note that to get Johnathan to show up in the first place, you have to have already done Sofia's first three missions.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: June 06, 2019, 11:49:38 pm »

Sounds like I should take a look at them again. Last time I played they were almost useless. They'd give you a few quests, point you to another site and that was it.

Now they give you a few more quests, point you to another site,.sell a bit more stuff, change your hair and beard style, and soon will make nicer bread than you can do yourself. So they're getting a bit more useful.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: June 21, 2019, 02:59:24 pm »

as of the latest experimentals it seems the recipes for mutagens have become "secret". made me remember when someone on reddit was discussing about making an expansion on the whole Chemistry part and the equipment you find in the labs.

oh and that magic mod is getting meaty on each experimental, they even added Necromancy as one of the avaliable schools. have yet to test as im focusing on the Wilderness survival part but gotta raid for one of them magic books one of these days.

the best change so far is that it seems you can now cook clay with nearby fire instead of having to make a whole construction for it. guess the Kiln can be left for some kind of advanced pottery but this change is huge when starting as it takes a long time before getting the materials to start blacksmithing.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: June 21, 2019, 04:29:17 pm »

I know, meanwhile I've still put off my WIP conversion of arcana's spell stuff because been busy as fuck lately. Got...a lil progress in the other Arcana update though.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 451