Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 787365 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6720 on: October 15, 2019, 01:55:30 am »

Again, it's an open-source project. Nobody owns anything. To contribute code, you must legally relinquish all creative control over it.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: October 15, 2019, 02:29:48 am »

That's it. I'm sick of all of you shittalking me and constantly insulting me behind my back.

What the hell have I ever done to all of you? Have I kidnapped your first-borns? I'm making the game that I WANT, and if you don't like it then you're free to fork it and make your own game without the big bad evil Kevin. Bitching about it on here will not do anything.

Fuck you, you are banished from CDDA. All of you. Stop playing my game if you hate it so much or make your own. Whatever you do, you're no longer welcome in my community. Not that you were ever a big part of it anyways, all you do is sit on this dark corner of the internet and shittalk me since Toady doesn't have the decency to stop this.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: October 15, 2019, 04:29:30 am »

Not that you were ever a big part of it anyways,
If I remember right Cataclysm started out here, and a lot of the original contributors for CDDA came from here.

Also when you say "you are banished from CDDA" is that referring to one person, the entire thread, or is it all of Bay12?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: October 15, 2019, 04:47:01 am »

lmao

Whenever one needs a fix of ridiculous internet drama, this thread never disappoints. I've gotten far more entertainment from the shitfights in here than I ever did from the game itself. xD   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: October 15, 2019, 04:51:46 am »

I still don't get what it is about Cataclysm that attracts so much drama, I mean it has as much drama as a soap opera.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: October 15, 2019, 04:54:32 am »

Somebody should channel all of this and make an actual soap opera roguelike.
Or maybe a management sim.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: October 15, 2019, 04:59:11 am »

You're doing THAT.

That thing you just did.

Being a dictatorial jerk to everyone who disagrees with you and acting like you're god's gift to game development because you're keeping afloat and relevant a game that was abandoned by it's actual creator.

Someone disagrees with or criticizes you and you say stupid goddamn shit like "You're banished", like a goddamn tinpot dictator.  You actively belittle others, treat them like expendable tools, and then say shit like "It's MY game".  It fucking isn't.  That's what open source means.  It means "Open to the public".  Other people like your direction, and you know what?  I actually think that's pretty cool.  I don't like your direction, I think your ideas about realism are founded on bad information, and your concept of good gameplay is tedious and asinine, but the fact that you have an audience is really awesome.

If only you weren't so fucking thin-skinned that you have to turn everyone who doesn't adhere to your myopic vision into a pariah, people would probably be less a lot less inclined to treat you the way you are being treated.

But obviously "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" isn't something you understand.

Why are you even here?  You've made it painfully clear that you don't like us, you don't want our input, and that you think this thread is a waste of time.  So why the fuck do you even keep coming back?  Why the fuck do you even care what we say about you, since you obviously think so fucking little of us?

How about you actually leave, instead of dropping by to announce that we aren't welcome in your community?  Because, newsflash, this isn't your goddamn community here.  This is Bay12, not Kevin's playground.  And we can say whatever we damn well please as long as it doesn't violate forum guidelines.  And only Toady can decide when that happens, so how about instead of this arrogant 'tude you're spouting, you use the tools provided, and report people instead, so Toady can actually review the posts and make that decision.  And if you have already done so, then DON'T ENGAGE.

Toady, If this does reach you, I am sorry, But I really felt that this needed to be said.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: October 15, 2019, 08:52:40 am »

I don't even think Yoink is actually the bad guy™ you thought you were talking about NullForce, pretty sure he has a different account name.

I realized that  Null was talking to Azmodean.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:24:26 am by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: October 15, 2019, 09:07:00 am »

He isn't responding to Yoink, he's responding to azmodean/kevin.

Not that you were ever a big part of it anyways,
If I remember right Cataclysm started out here, and a lot of the original contributors for CDDA came from here.

Also when you say "you are banished from CDDA" is that referring to one person, the entire thread, or is it all of Bay12?

There literally wouldn't be a DDA if it wasn't for Bay12. The whole team which gathered when DDA started was basically members of Bay12, formed through Bay12. The kickstarter was run by Bay12 members (not that I remember how that turned out). This has pretty much always been like a secondary forum for Cataclysm going back to as far as when whales used to come here himself.
Love, scriver~

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: October 15, 2019, 11:35:44 am »

Well that's great, I was successfully avoiding replying to the idiocy here and someone compromised my account and made that bizarre post. I know people are going to be sceptical of that, maybe the forum owners can confirm that post came from an ip address that I don't use.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: October 15, 2019, 12:12:27 pm »

Well that's great, I was successfully avoiding replying to the idiocy here and someone compromised my account and made that bizarre post. I know people are going to be sceptical of that, maybe the forum owners can confirm that post came from an ip address that I don't use.

Really? That seems like bullshit to me. I've been avoiding this thread because you blame me for stirring things up, and last I checked you stopped replying to this thread because you were fed up with the long list of people objecting to your attitude towards criticism of the project. I find it kinda unlikely when that's the sort of overreaction that people have criticized you for.

Plus, it's not like you haven't banned people from areas you have control over, and attempted to push people out of communities you don't, over things that most of your critics would describe as inane. Threatening to ban contributors for taking part in dissent against you in another community would be consistent with that.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: October 15, 2019, 01:48:43 pm »

Why would anyone compromise your account just to argue with a bunch of baby stealers?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: October 15, 2019, 02:50:48 pm »

Why would anyone spend six years complaining about how one guy manages his popular fork of a game?

Anyway I don't expect anyone who already felt Kevin was some kind of despot for how he chooses to administer his branch of an open source project will believe anything without IP evidence, so there's probably not much point in a half dozen people all expressing their skepticism.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: October 15, 2019, 02:58:17 pm »

Anyway I don't expect anyone who already felt Kevin was some kind of despot for how he chooses to administer his branch of an open source project will believe anything without IP evidence, so there's probably not much point in a half dozen people all expressing their skepticism.

And I don't expect anyone who has legitimately been hacked for an implausible reason, to say something he would already be likely to say, to have any reason not to potentially dox an alleged hacker. If he has the IP he claims to be from this hacking, then he should feel free to provide it publicly. Otherwise, we will be acting on the assumption that he said this himself, and your automatically assuming he did not make this outburst himself confirms your own bias in this matter.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: October 15, 2019, 03:08:38 pm »

And I don't expect anyone who has legitimately been hacked for an implausible reason, to say something he would already be likely to say, to have any reason not to potentially dox an alleged hacker. If he has the IP he claims to be from this hacking, then he should feel free to provide it publicly. Otherwise, we will be acting on the assumption that he said this himself, and your automatically assuming he did not make this outburst himself confirms your own bias in this matter.
Where am I automatically assuming anything? Obviously I believe my friend's story, because I'm not an asshole, but I rather pointedly didn't make any statements about it because I consider that both obvious and irrelevant.

I don't think Kevin was aware viewers can see their own IPs here. I certainly wasn't, and I have been on this forum for years.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451