Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 47.05 release  (Read 79718 times)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 47.05 release
« on: March 08, 2015, 02:27:41 pm »

Rally Ho! Final Fantasy Graphics Set
Rally Ho! is a 16x16 graphics set for Dwarf Fortress 47.05 based on graphics from the Final Fantasy series of video games, especially the NES, SNES, GB, and GBA games.
Download (47.05)
Non-TWBT Version (47.05)
Prebundled with Dwarf Fortress, DFHack, and TWBT

This tileset is based off my Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom Graphics Set, and contains some graphics from Phoebus' Graphics Set.

NOTICE: This tileset contains a modified init.ini, d_init.ini, and dfhack.init files.  If you have made any changes to these files, you will need to move those changes over manually.  This graphics set also used modified raws.

The primary version of this tileset is designed for use with Text Will Be Text
A separate, non-TWBT version is also available.

Spoiler: Tileset Preview (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stone Icons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Creature Preview (click to show/hide)

Changelog:
Spoiler: 47.05 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 43.05a (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 43.05.4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 43.05.3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 43.05.2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 43.05.1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 43.05 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 43.02-43.04 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 42.06 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 42.05 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 42.04 r2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Version 1.4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Version 1.3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Version 1.2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Version 1.1 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 11:12:51 am by Rydel »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 12:51:11 am »

Not sure if you already know about this, but here is a color scheme for data/init/colors.txt that uses the NES color scheme.

Code: [Select]
These are the display colors in RGB.  The game is actually displaying extended ASCII characters in OpenGL, so you can modify the colors.

NES
[BLACK_R:0]
[BLACK_G:0]
[BLACK_B:0]
[BLUE_R:0]
[BLUE_G:120]
[BLUE_B:248]
[GREEN_R:0]
[GREEN_G:184]
[GREEN_B:0]
[CYAN_R:0]
[CYAN_G:136]
[CYAN_B:136]
[RED_R:248]
[RED_G:56]
[RED_B:0]
[MAGENTA_R:216]
[MAGENTA_G:0]
[MAGENTA_B:204]
[BROWN_R:172]
[BROWN_G:124]
[BROWN_B:0]
[LGRAY_R:188]
[LGRAY_G:188]
[LGRAY_B:188]
[DGRAY_R:124]
[DGRAY_G:124]
[DGRAY_B:124]
[LBLUE_R:60]
[LBLUE_G:188]
[LBLUE_B:255]
[LGREEN_R:184]
[LGREEN_G:248]
[LGREEN_B:24]
[LCYAN_R:88]
[LCYAN_G:248]
[LCYAN_B:152]
[LRED_R:248]
[LRED_G:120]
[LRED_B:88]
[LMAGENTA_R:248]
[LMAGENTA_G:120]
[LMAGENTA_B:248]
[YELLOW_R:248]
[YELLOW_G:184]
[YELLOW_B:0]
[WHITE_R:252]
[WHITE_G:252]
[WHITE_B:252]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 07:26:47 pm »

I was aware that it existed, but couldn't find it.  It looks nice at a glance, though I may check the palettes used in Final Fantasy IV and V to create one from that.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set 1.1
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 09:57:44 pm »

I've updated the download with a colors.txt file based off the palettes from Final Fantasy IV and V, so it should have more of a Super Nintendo feel to it. (Not seen in the screenshots in the original post, yet)

I've created a new wall graphic.  The previous ones were placeholders that I kind of forgot about...
The new ones will look like a wall with raised edges when constructed/smooth, but look like the crenelated castle walls from the games when engraved.

I've also replaced the Thread and Cloth with images from Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, which are closer in style than the old ones, which were adapted from Final Fantasy XIV.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:19:40 pm by Rydel »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set 1.2 - Text Will Be Text graphics
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 05:46:30 pm »

I have uploaded a new version of the graphics set with Text Will Be Text graphics, so each item can have its own appearance.

I've also fixed an issue where Stepladders were displaying incorrectly.  This was a raw change, so the effect won't be seen on existing worlds.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 08:56:32 am »

I'm a little saddened this thread hasn't received more attention yet.

This is a gorgeous tileset Rydel, absolutely wonderful.  I love the old JRPG feel of these classical graphics, and the tiles are nice and crisp and clean.

The new wall design is fantastic, and excellent improvement over the original.

I hope you eventually get to replacing the last vestigial Phoebus sprites with your own, to really lock this tileset down as your own.  If you want help/collaboration, I would be happy to try my hand at it, as my own tile work has slowed to a crawl.

I will be trying these graphics out next chance I get.  Really good work.  Thank you for sharing it.  I will be keeping an eye on it to see what else you do with it!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 12:41:12 pm »

If I were modding at the moment, I'd ask you if I can integrate it into the Masterwork settings. I'm sure that PeridexisErrant would do the same for his starter pack. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 05:42:00 pm »

I do intend to replace the remaining Phoebus sprites.  Once I do, my next plan is to make a Masterwork version.

I'll need to look at the new Masterwork version and see how to get it to work with the launcher, since it uses modified raws.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 04:00:39 am »

There is no masterwork version. Masterwork is in some kind of suspended state at the moment, the current mod will not be updated anymore, instead a new one will be written for DF40.x

Did you modify the raws at all? Because if its based on the same raws as for example Ascii or Phoebus, it'S just drag and drop into Masterwork.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 11:54:51 am »

There are some raw changes, mostly for different unmined stone and for the stepladder.  They don't match Phoebus.

By "new masterwork version" I was referring to the 40.x remake you're writing.  I haven't gotten around to trying the alpha, but it sounded like there was still a launcher for it, unless I misread something.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 04:55:11 am »

Yes, there is a launcher, and yes, it can already exchange tilesets.

Best to leave it alone, I'll add your set when I start developing the mod further. There is no need for you to be forced to learn how my GUI works. ^^

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set 1.3 - with Text Will Be Text graphics!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 07:48:34 am »

It should be "Lally Ho!"... grumble grumble... young whipper-snappers, the lot of you...

Anyway, this is pretty great.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 09:19:31 am »

I believe you mean "Lali Ho!"
I went will Rally Ho because the DS translation is the most accurate overall, and Rally Ho is the translation it used.  Additionally, Final Fantasy IX used Rally Ho, so it's been the most consistent.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 08:35:40 pm »

>.>

<.<

I messed up a couple of things due to the rather ad-hoc method I used (gwenview zoom keeps things crisp, ksnapshot pulls the pixels as you see them but didn't preserve transparency so I used gimp to add the alpha back in and remove the background color from the gwenview screen) and I think I entirely forgot to redo the alpha for the graphics tiles actually... but it works pretty darn well at 24x24:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll see if I can find a better way to clean up the transition errors unless someone knows of a better way to get gimp to resize without losing crispness... I'm sure I'm a dumbass and there is a better way to do all that.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 04:44:57 pm »

That does still look pretty good.

For making a proper 24x24 tileset, I'd probably need the sprites from the PSP versions of 1, 2, and 4, since I think those used 24x24 for out of battle graphics.

(Sorry about the really slow response - apparently, the forums sometimes decide to stop sending notices for no reason.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6