Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: KMK Systems Inc. - Bringing Esoteric Atmospheres  (Read 22385 times)

Koumakan

• Bay Watcher
  • Amanojaku
    • View Profile
Re: KMK Systems Inc. - Bringing Esoteric Atmospheres
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 12:08:38 am »

Thanks again Koumakan for these tilesets. It's like looking at the world map in the back of a new fantasy novel! I particularly enjoy the Bonsai colors. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is there anything you're currently working on, or. . ?

Not currently no, I only play the game on and off as it currently stands, though I still have some ideas I've yet to try that I might finally get around to playing with. Thanks though

Sugardust

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Dyer
    • View Profile
Re: KMK Systems Inc. - Bringing Esoteric Atmospheres
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2021, 03:02:26 am »

Heyo Koumakan, I hope you don't mind but I tried my hand at turning your Elian tileset into a truetype font that can be used outside of DF. It works pretty well I think. All the download links for the original font in the reddit post are long since dead and I really doubt anyone has them anymore.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All the other Elian typesets out there just don't look all that great imo and yours is very readable to me. I tried pretty much all day to get it into a bitmap format but I've not had luck, I really have no experience in creating fonts whatsoever. I have the font currently in a github repo for everyone to download if they wish -> https://github.com/Chaussettes99/Elian-v2

EDIT: Through brute forcing myself on FontForge today I've successfully made a bitmapped version that looks pretty good. Added to the repo.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 06:35:02 pm by Sugardust »
Pages: 1 [2]