Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 47.05 release  (Read 80208 times)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set 1.3 - with Text Will Be Text graphics!
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 11:56:59 pm »

Do you know how sprite-ripping works?  I have the FFIV Complete Collection on PSP, I could try and pull those sprites for you.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

noirscape

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonic disaster
    • View Profile
    • noirscape.dev
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 01:04:48 pm »

Do you know how sprite-ripping works?  I have the FFIV Complete Collection on PSP, I could try and pull those sprites for you.

Rather than pulling sprites from the ROM, you can also just go to The Spriters Resource and give credit where needed.

EDIT: nevermind, The Spriters Resource doesn't have tilesets. Only battle sprites.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:08:04 pm by ev1l0rd »
don't take the above seriously. This is actually a pretty helpful group of people. Welcome to the insane asylum.

*Urist McEnlightened has been found dead, Enlightenment aneurysm.*

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 08:33:36 pm »

I have been on a final fantasy kick recently after trying 14, and have been replaying the old ones from the back of my closet. So far this reminds me of the GBA release of FFI & FFII:Dawn Of Souls, which I love. Then dwarf fortress updated and I had no idea what to do, but fiddling with this a bit so it works with the update will keep this ball of mine rolling, but maybe I should wait until it is a bit more complete.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:36:27 pm by dirkdragonslayer »
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 08:39:31 pm »

I haven't had a chance to download the new version and see what needs to be changed.  I'll likely take a look at it some time tomorrow, and post an updated version when it's ready.

EDIT: I have uploaded a preliminary version for 42.02 at http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11384
A full update with TWBT support will need to wait for DFHack and TWBT to update.
This does include overrides for the new items, so if TWBT doesn't have any changes in how overrides are written in the next version, it should work for that, buy you'll have to set up the init.txt file manually.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 11:31:02 pm by Rydel »

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set 1.4 beta - with non-TWBT support for 42.02!
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 04:55:22 pm »

I've been playing around with this a bit, and quite like it. However there are a few problems that I have which you might want to mess around with:

1.) Trees don't pop out from other vegetation quite as much as they could. Still easy to see, but also easy to overlook.
2.) The text in menus such as embark prep or advanced worldgen is too bright by default, making the brightening of the text when selected unnoticeable. With this it's really difficult to know just what you have selected.
3.) The differing floor tiles on the same material really mess with me. I could get used to it, but as is some floor tiles still look like walls to me.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:08:35 pm by PsychoAngel »
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 05:35:56 pm »

I'm going to take a look at those issues.  Could you let me know some of the floor tile materials that are looking like walls to you?

I'm not sure how much I can do with trees.  That one may take some testing around.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2015, 06:09:12 pm »

I've got screenies this time.

It's not so much as the materials of the floor, it's that the tiles don't look the same even though they're the same material, even without any vegetation on them.
Spoiler: Demonstrated here (click to show/hide)

Also, some designation marks are REALLY dark. Pictured below are up stairs, down stairs (which can't be seen), and up/down stairs.
Spoiler: As seen here (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Here's the trees (click to show/hide)
As you can see, they're not terrible to place, but look pretty similar to other tiles.

This isn't the worst offender, but it's pretty difficult to see, at least to me.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2015, 07:11:07 pm »

Looks like most of these are probably due to how DF handles foreground/background and transparency.  I should be able to fix those.

For the trees, perhaps I could play with the color contrast to make the tree part stand out a bit.  Hopefully I'll have something soonish.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2015, 08:25:42 pm »

Cool, thanks for taking a look at it.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2015, 04:24:41 pm »

I've fixed the designation issue on my end (it's definitely caused by lack of transparency)
The game using mixed times for the same material seems to be normal behavior.  Is the main part causing confusion the mossy stone looking tiles?

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 05:20:55 pm »

Yeah, especially with red sand. With the way I like to dig out homes for commonfolk, red sand and its floor tiles cause a lot of grief.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set 1.4 beta 2 - with non-TWBT support for 42.02!
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2015, 10:42:23 pm »

I've updated the file for the 42.02 version.  It should fix the unclear text and uses a different floor tile.
The designations should be improved - at the very least down stairs will no longer be completely invisible.
I've tried to change the shading on the tree a bit to hopefully make it sand out more, but I haven't had any issues picking them out, so I can't be sure.

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 03:44:31 am »

Just a heads up, but I believe you're missing the new tools from your raws. Namely the book related stuff. I wouldn't have noticed except I wanted to try and get a library going and couldn't figure out why I couldn't find the reaction in any of the building the wiki says I should have been.

In a related note, you might also be missing the quicklime reaction, since it was new as well, but I haven't checked as I haven't gotten to that point.
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2015, 12:12:35 pm »

They should be there: Did you download the preliminary 0.42.02 version or the old version?
A quick way to check is to open the data/art/rally_ho_twbt_1.png file.  Even though TWBT isn't updated yet, it's added graphics for the new tools.  If they aren't there, you probably downloaded the old version.

The old version is still listed, since TWBT isn't available for the new one yet.

Reactions shouldn't be affected, as this doesn't replace those files.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2015, 03:19:40 pm »

They should be there: Did you download the preliminary 0.42.02 version or the old version?
A quick way to check is to open the data/art/rally_ho_twbt_1.png file.  Even though TWBT isn't updated yet, it's added graphics for the new tools.  If they aren't there, you probably downloaded the old version.

The old version is still listed, since TWBT isn't available for the new one yet.

Reactions shouldn't be affected, as this doesn't replace those files.
I do not think he is wrong, I had this problem too, just forgot to report it earlier. Basically Rally Ho! has it's own file for Tools which use the old version's Tools, and that doesn't contain the new tools such as Quires, Rollers, etc. I fixed it on my own but completely forgot that someone else might have the problem. I believe quicklime might be a similar issue with some other RAW, but I have yet to try to make it, because I use Pig Tail Paper. This is, however, unless you found this problem yourself and fixed it at some point in time.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6