Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 47.05 release  (Read 79824 times)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 43.02 release
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2016, 11:05:49 am »

I've uploaded a 43.02 version of the non-TWBT tileset.  The tileset itself hasn't changed, but the item_tools file now includes the two new tools in this version.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2016, 07:39:36 pm »

I was double-checking the raws in your non-TWBT v0.43.02 version and found some thing that may be important.
  • Your raw/objects/item_tool.txt is corrupt. You need to delete the two reactions at the bottom and replace them with the "item_tool_helve" and "item_tool_stone_axe" from the vanilla item_tool.txt.
  • The [PLANT:REED_ROPE] in your raw/objects/plant_standard.txt is missing the [THREAD:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:THREAD] token.
  • I'm not sure if it matters, but there are several other plants in the plant_standard.txt file that don't have the "tree_tile" tokens that their counterparts in the vanilla file have.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2016, 10:12:38 pm »

The file seems normal and loaded fine for me.  I reinserted it in the archive and reuploaded it.  I also removed a newline at the end of the file, in case that caused issues.  These already are the lines copy/pasted from the original.

I'm not sure how I missed the Thread line - I've added it back in.

I didn't see any entries missing a TREE_TILE token, though some of them have it moved to the end with the TREE_COLOR and similar tokens to make changes easier.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2016, 10:44:58 pm »

Oh, yeah, it looks like the tree_tiles I was missing were just at the bottoms. Thanks for the help.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2016, 07:00:24 pm »

Is it okay to include this tileset in Lazy Newb Packs?

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 43.04 release
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2016, 05:21:51 pm »

The tileset has been updated for 43.04.

The Text Will Be Text version reflects the new raw changes in 43.04 and will no longer revert them to their old behavior
The non-TWBT version no longer includes the plant overrides from the TWBT version, which should fix any display issues that the plants had.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2016, 12:26:40 pm »

Really like this tileset, use it for all my normal DF games.

My only complaint is that certain dark tiles, especially constructed doors, are very easy to lose on dark backgrounds - It's hard to spot the brown border.  Minecarts are also pretty dark but their outline is a little clearer.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2016, 12:50:33 pm »

Accidental double post
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

~LegacyCWAL

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2016, 05:39:52 pm »

I think I see what the problem with that tile is and should have it improved in the next version when I test 43.05

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 43.05 release
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2016, 09:35:00 am »

43.05 didn't change anything raw-wise, so I'm using this opportunity to add something new.

I've always planned to eventually expand this tileset to work with Masterwork, but haven't had the time.  However, since Masterwork includes stuff from a lot of other mods, adding at least partial support for those mods will mean the tileset can do a lot more while waiting for that to be finished.

So, this version of Rally Ho! adds graphics for all of the Fortress Defense II races.

It also added graphics for Succubus Dungeon's Succubus race.  I already had the graphics ready from earlier work.  Since Succubus Dungeon makes other changes, this isn't full support, and the Text Will Be Text version likely won't work correctly, but the non-TWBT version shouldn't have problems beyond some missing creature sprites.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2016, 12:50:42 pm »

Rally Ho expanding towards Masterwork support?  That is exciting.  Browsed through the FD/Succubus tiles, they're all great. 

~LegacyCWAL

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2016, 10:48:02 am »

The pack is missing the Ferric Elf graphics text file, which is causing a crash.

EDIT:  Slightly misinterpreted the crash - the actual problem is that the elf graphics file is pointing towards a 'graphics_rallyho_fs_ferric_elves'  instead of a 'graphics_rallyho_fd_ferric_elves'.  Typo!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 10:51:18 am by Thuellai »

~LegacyCWAL

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2016, 04:46:04 pm »

Oops.
That should be fixed now.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2016, 06:29:02 pm »

Thanks for providing a non-TWBT version of Rally Ho!.

I was wondering if you could explain to me a little why the TWBT version modifies the plant raws (files listed below) but the non-TWBT version doesn't. Do you think non-TWBT versions of other tilesets should probably be using the vanilla versions of the plant raws too?

Thank you!

Spoiler: Plant Raws: (click to show/hide)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2016, 06:37:15 pm »

The modified raws are because I have overrides for the plants, but the only way for TWBT to tell plants apart is by tile.  If you use the modified plant raws without TWBT, all of the plants will have seemingly random images for their tiles.

The only other tileset I can think of offhand that overrides plants is GemSet, which would need separate plant raws to use without TWBT.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6