Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 47.05 release  (Read 79826 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 43.05 release
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2016, 07:34:17 pm »

Thanks for the explanation.

I think there might be a minor issue with the /raw/graphics/graphics_rallyho_monster.png file. It does not have a ColorSync profile in the latest version of Rally Ho! In the previous version of Rally Ho! this file had a ColorSync profile as do the other /raw/graphics PNGs in the pack.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2016, 08:15:28 pm »

This is actually the first time I'd heard of those profiles..  I have started using Aseprite instead of GraphicsGale, so I wonder if this is something GG was adding automatically.  Or possibly Photoshop, which uses a different profile format anyway.

Is this causing problems anywhere? It looks like the file should work without it.
Checking the profile in Photoshop, both the current version and my old versions list the profile as "Working - CMYK" (Odd, since I'm not designing this for print, but consistent with all the other files)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2016, 08:43:14 pm »

This is actually the first time I'd heard of those profiles..  I have started using Aseprite instead of GraphicsGale, so I wonder if this is something GG was adding automatically.  Or possibly Photoshop, which uses a different profile format anyway.

Yeah, these often get added automatically. My graphics programs automatically add them. From opening one of your graphics in a text editor, I see the name "Photoshop" included in the ICC color profile.

Is this causing problems anywhere? It looks like the file should work without it.

It's causing the colors of to look slightly different, but it's barely noticeable in this instance. It can cause a noticeable difference, though. I was having trouble figuring out why my alpha channels looked so much different from someone else's until I noticed the color profiles. I had never worried about color profiles before then. I think the purpose of them is to somehow help keep colors looking the same for every user.

Checking the profile in Photoshop, both the current version and my old versions list the profile as "Working - CMYK" (Odd, since I'm not designing this for print, but consistent with all the other files)

For me it shows that the color profile for your graphics is "sRGB IEC61966-2.1". Maybe CLA or burnedfx or someone would know more about this stuff.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2016, 10:55:26 pm »

I misread the window - It's the sRGB one you mentioned.  The CMYK was the default to covert to.

I've added a color profile and put the new version to both my Github and DFGraphics.
Since the change is so minor, I'm not making a new release or updating DFFD at this time - I'll just bundle it with the next one.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2016, 12:53:24 am »

Suggestion for the non-TWBT version: Include the 4 /raw/objects/language_* files from Phoebus. This makes the game use normal characters instead of accented characters in the names of stuff. (So that dwarf names don't contain graphics tiles.)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2016, 06:17:08 pm »

Good idea.  I've added them.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2016, 05:51:48 pm »

I have to say, while I don't use graphics packs anymore since 42.xx, this one is making me genuinely reconsider it. Really captures the nostalgic feel of older FF games - great job!

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2017, 11:16:15 pm »

Is there a version that has fortress defense installed along with the base game? I tried installing the standalone fortress defense mod with the graphics of Rally Ho! but none of the fortress defense creatures used the graphics, just letters. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2017, 11:28:20 pm »

Did you install FD first, or the tileset?  If you installed the tileset first, try installing it again.  It's possible Fortress Defense overwrote something.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2017, 11:36:01 pm »

Did you install FD first, or the tileset?  If you installed the tileset first, try installing it again.  It's possible Fortress Defense overwrote something.

I am re-installing and installing FD before the tileset. Should I install the graphics pack that accompanies FD and let Rally Ho overwrite it, or not install it at all?

EDIT: I have tried both options, and they both resulted in the same outcome; the creature sprites just refuse to work. Could someone else try installing FD and Rally Ho to see if its a problem on the tileset's end?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:00:43 pm by squamous »
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2017, 07:05:35 pm »

I downloaded a fresh copy of Dwarf Fortress and Fortress Defense.
Everything displayed correctly in Arena Mode except for playable elves and Hellfire Imps.
With playable elves, I forgot to update their file dimensions, so they were squished.  For Hellfire Imps, I'd put their name as FIRE_IMP_FD instead of IMP_FIRE_FD.
If you redownload, those should work now. 

If there were any other races that weren't showing other than Hellfire Imps, which ones were they?

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2017, 09:04:56 pm »

I downloaded a fresh copy of Dwarf Fortress and Fortress Defense.
Everything displayed correctly in Arena Mode except for playable elves and Hellfire Imps.
With playable elves, I forgot to update their file dimensions, so they were squished.  For Hellfire Imps, I'd put their name as FIRE_IMP_FD instead of IMP_FIRE_FD.
If you redownload, those should work now. 

If there were any other races that weren't showing other than Hellfire Imps, which ones were they?

Ferric Elves also didn't show up.

On another note, what mod is the Succubus tileset for?

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2017, 11:27:51 pm »

The Ferric Elves are showing up for me.
Can you quickly check raw/objects/creature_fortdefense.txt and make sure line 1539 is [CREATURE:ELF_FERRIC_FD]?
Also, check raw/graphics/graphics_rallyho_fd_ferric_elves.txt and make sure line 9 is [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:ELF_FERRIC_FD]
Lastly, check raw/graphics and make sure that graphics_rally_ho_fd_ferric_elves.png exists.

I did just notice that Aseprite is reporting that the Ferric Elf graphics had an invalid sRGB profile.  If that's it, the problem is Photoshop's fault. It's late, so tomorrow evening I will open all of the graphics in Aseprite and save them with fixed profiles.

The succubi are for Boltgun's Succubus Fortress.  I'm working on expanding the tileset for Masterwork Dwarf Fortress, so I took care of the creatures from Fortress Defense and Succubus Fortress since they're in Masterwork but can also be used on their own.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2017, 03:55:41 pm »

The Ferric Elves are showing up for me.
Can you quickly check raw/objects/creature_fortdefense.txt and make sure line 1539 is [CREATURE:ELF_FERRIC_FD]?
Also, check raw/graphics/graphics_rallyho_fd_ferric_elves.txt and make sure line 9 is [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:ELF_FERRIC_FD]
Lastly, check raw/graphics and make sure that graphics_rally_ho_fd_ferric_elves.png exists.

I did just notice that Aseprite is reporting that the Ferric Elf graphics had an invalid sRGB profile.  If that's it, the problem is Photoshop's fault. It's late, so tomorrow evening I will open all of the graphics in Aseprite and save them with fixed profiles.

The succubi are for Boltgun's Succubus Fortress.  I'm working on expanding the tileset for Masterwork Dwarf Fortress, so I took care of the creatures from Fortress Defense and Succubus Fortress since they're in Masterwork but can also be used on their own.

The lines seem to be in order so I think its most likely an issue with photoshop.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2017, 06:49:54 pm »

Try redownloading it now - I've fixed their profiles.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6