Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 47.05 release  (Read 79827 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 43.05 release
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2017, 08:04:18 pm »

Try redownloading it now - I've fixed their profiles.

All right, the Ferric Elves are working now, thanks for the help.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 43.05 release - TWBTNext version
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2017, 07:49:03 am »

The main post has now been updated with a special version of the tileset with support for TWBTNext transparency.

IMMatthu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2017, 11:13:31 pm »

This looks really good, I'd love to see what it looks like with transparent backgrounds with TwbtNext

Any plans to make a 24x24 version? 16x16 way too small for even a 1080p monitor, no?

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2017, 08:25:56 am »

I don't really have plans for it at the moment.  Since I'm trying to stick to the style and graphics of the original games, upscaling them doesn't look as clean, the games that were done with 24x24 tiles have a completely different design, and and redrawing them at a larger size would be a significant amount of work.

With TWBT, you should be able to zoom in a bit if the graphics are too small, though I don't know if it has a 150% zoom level or not, or how good the scaling is.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2021, 11:12:22 am »

Back after a long time with an update for the latest version of Dwarf Fortress, animation, differing graphics depending on the material, and generally a lot of clean up.
I've also added a pre-bundled download that has Dwarf Fortress, DFHack, Text-Will-Be-Text, and Rally Ho for anyone who was having trouble getting everything set up.
All of the links are in the original post.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 47.05 release
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2021, 02:10:24 am »

I'm in the process of looking through the changes made in the new version of Rally Ho! and have noticed a couple things that you may want to look at. Most importantly, in /data/Overrides.txt, you probably want to change the fullscreen filenames for the liquid 2 and liquid 3 pngs to match their windowed counterparts.

You changed "HAMMERER" to "EXECUTIONER" in /raw/graphics/graphics_rallyho_dwarf.txt. I'm not sure about this change. The wiki says "HAMMERER" is a valid position token, but doesn't mention "EXECUTIONER". In my testing "HAMMERER" gets used for the Hammerer dwarf, but "EXECUTIONER" does not get used for the Hammerer dwarf. Maybe define a sprite for both tokens even if they have to share a sprite? Is there something that the "EXECUTIONER" tag gets used for? I've seen this token in other graphics pack but am not sure what it is used for.

Also, as very minor things, you removed an extra pixel on the Human Crossbowman sprite at 6:13, but didn't do the same for similar Crossbowman sprites at 6:15 and 6:17, but those don't get used so not really a big deal.

And you lightened the outlines for the Whips of 3 the Human Lasher sprites, but not for Whips of the other 3 Human Lasher sprites. Oh, just realized that this is probably special detailing for the Elite Lashers. Maybe it's supposed to be sharp bits woven into the whips or something.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rally Ho! Graphics Set - 47.05 release
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2021, 09:53:07 am »

Thanks for catching the issue with the liguids files - I hadn't noticed since depths weren't on in my testing.

The EXECUTIONER/HAMMERER wasn't changed in my files - either the tileset's always been wrong, or it was changed in the intervening years.

The pixel change is due to the elite soldiers having slightly lower weapon placement - the extra pixel in the non-elites was for aesthetic reasons - the lone brown hair pixel looked weird.

With the lasher, I'm not sure what happened - I'll adjust that for consistency.

I have a few other adjustments I need to make with the tiles for workshops in construction being odd, so I will update this at the same time, which will be after I update the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom tileset.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]