Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SPOILER?] Urist McShieldDwarf build  (Read 2579 times)

Godar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[SPOILER?] Urist McShieldDwarf build
« on: March 09, 2015, 12:57:41 pm »

Hello everyone. I was searching for interesting builds in Google and found in reddit that:

Most op build is UristMcShieldDwarf (search the wiki, basically equip 10+ shields). When I ran one I got to legendary+50 shield user, legendary+50 fighter, lasher, axedwarf, swordsdwarf, basically all of the combat skills.
Took this guy into HFS. Clowns didn't stand a chance, killed thousands of them. Went in by one clown fort (got a candy axe), came out by another clown fort. Regularly killed titans and megabeasts in one cleave.
Started off as a peasant. It's exploity, but you asked for the most op build, there it is. Did this before thralls and zombie clouds btw.

He said that's a exploity, so I warned.
I searched several times about that build, but couldn't find anything... Tested somethings in game but I know that isn't perfect.
Anyone know more about this build?
(sorry for bad english)
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: [SPOILER?] Urist McShieldDwarf build
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 02:44:16 pm »

It's not a build, it's an exploit of the way the game handles held objects.

Collect a bunch of shields, putting them in your backpack.  Then take them out one by one.  You will be holding all of the shields in one hand.  Each shield has a chance of blocking attacks, so with enough shields almost nothing will be able to hurt you.  You can then go around killing things at your leisure.

This bug REALLY ought to be fixed...

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 03:13:32 pm »

Oh yeah. It gets especially ridiculous if you use wood and leather shields as well since they block equally as well as any metal ones and don't slow you down nearly as much. It's really really exploity and takes away all the fun, so I personally don't recommend it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 06:43:20 pm »

Plus after you get your dodger/fighter/shield user/armor user skills up past around expert you don't really need more than two shields to avoid pretty much everything. I alternate between a weapon in each hand with one or two shields and a weapon+shield in the same hand with the other free for climbing/disarming enemies/holding elf queens by the throat while talking to them before tossing them out of the tree one-handed like a badass.