Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 214544 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #1020 on: August 22, 2015, 12:33:53 pm »

Wow I'm sure glad I haven't actually used my turn, it's not like I printed it in bold or anything.
Me: recrute!
Cultists-1: Recrute cloud guys cultists.
Big robot: systematically snap every bone in the inquisitor's body's
1 Cultist: Tell the president that I wont run for office and if he would so terribly mind calling off the mobs with pitchforks please?
M.U.: Hermetically the office where T.T.U. is with glass and acid damping wards, distract it with the 10 or so guilty looking cultists you should find in a magically created pit a few miles from the base, ignore their screams, they know what they have done.

Since I'm a nice guy and CARP hasn't posted actions I'll allow it.
Recruit: [2] Nobody likes you.
Steal cultists: [1] Some of your cultists realize that Unescargot is actually a better boss than you and leave to join him. (50 cultists join Unescargot)
Torture: [4] The robot puts a single inquisitors in excrutiating pain by breaking every bone in his body. His cries echo through the halls of the inquisitors' base, but the robot is so thorough that it only gets one. This only reassures the inquisitors that they are justified in fighting you. (-1 inquisitor)
Ask for relief: [4] "Eh, not like I could make your reputation any worse. Sure, might as well save the cost of those ads for something else" (president no longer ruining PR)

MU: [4] They don't have huge stockpiles of glass on hand but they use what they have to blockade the entryway for the invisible monster. They also pull the ten cultists that showed up for some reason and open the barricade to throw them in, hopefully appeasing it's terrible appetite. They also put some poison enchancing runes since you asked so nicely. (blockades built, 10 infiltrator cultists sacrificed, ATU now healed)
KI: Send some of your cultists back to help Rabe
[4] About half the cultists here go to Rabe's legion. (300 cultists and 10 recognizable cultists transferred to Rabe)

ATU: break through the barricades and tear this place down already!
[6] It pushes through the piles of beakers and dissolves the supports in the academy. With nobody to defend it, the thing unseen tears through the place until the university building collapses, burying all the research and secrets held by the academy as well as the thing unseen. (MU destroyed, ATU vanished)
Inquisitors: Perform the ritual of ignite mortals around Rabe's base again
[6] Not all of the inquisitors manage to get out of the spell circle in time. The guys from KI show up just as the fires die down. (-100 inquisitors, -230 cultists, -50 armed cultists, -15 recognizable cultists, -25 lightly armed cultists)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 22, 2015, 03:04:50 pm »

Robot: Kill the rest of the inquisitors, if they hide in their base light it on fire.
cultists: recrute away from uscargot.
Me: Improve pr.
M.U.: if there's survivors make shere the thing unseen is dead.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:06:24 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 22, 2015, 05:15:18 pm »

ME: make the center of the lunar orb of stalwart into carp maybe when it's activated something to do with carp will happen
100 cultists: assemble submarines
50 cultists: dig a big hole

SAME AS LAST TIME
((imagine that in an deep ominus voice :) ))
No, I will imagine it in a high, squeaky voice and you can't stop me!
this is my current turn
no i can't partly because i don't want to
((whatever happened to my rain spell))
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 22, 2015, 05:16:22 pm »

ME: make the center of the lunar orb of stalwart into carp maybe when it's activated something to do with carp will happen
100 cultists: assemble submarines
50 cultists: dig a big hole

SAME AS LAST TIME
((imagine that in an deep ominus voice :) ))
No, I will imagine it in a high, squeaky voice and you can't stop me!
this is my current turn
no i can't partly because i don't want to
((whatever happened to my rain spell))
((What rain spell? I forgot to record it if you got one))

Lunar orb lolz: [4] You make a single carp in the center of a Lunar Orb of Stalwart. The carp seems to be frozen in place due to still being encased in crystal. (Lunar Orb of Stalwart has a carp in it)
Submarines: [4] They assemble a dozen small submarines and set them up to launch into the ocean. Atlantis can't escape you now! (Submarines built, lose submarine parts)
Dig a hole: [3] They dig a shallow ditch. Maybe enough to make someone stumble, but I doubt you could trap someone or hold any significant amount of water in it. (shallow ditch dug)

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 22, 2015, 10:45:40 pm »

((Oh, the limitations would've been there regardless, but I would've let you get away with something small like this, especially since you have 4 power which is almost reality warping. Also if I'd rolled for that it probably would've killed Rabe...))
((Koshu actually does have the fine motor control to do that safely. At least in principle; in practice I probably would have rolled a one.))

Charity: [4] They spend the whole turn making other people's lives better. It makes the community stronger as a whole. (stronger community)
PR: [3] They make you look better in the eyes of the public, but many ignore the message. (Now very good PR)
Dragonblood: [4] They manage to scrounge up just enough dragonblood for the ritual. Whew, now you can finally get summoned! (found dragonblood)
RECROOT: [6] You and your followers amass some new peons. Naturally, your inquisitors find some new willing souls as well. (+575 cultists, +530 inquisitors)
Things went better than expected!

500 Inquisitors: Steal the dragonblood, and try not to die
[4] Some of them distract the guards while others sneak in and steal your vials of dragon blood. Naturally they dump it out as soon as they leave the compound gathering field so you can't steal it back. Dammit! (-85 inquisitors, lose dragonblood)
Other inquisitors: Build mortars, we still believe in siege strategy!
[4] Well, they're not quite mortars, but they're pretty big cannons and they can rain hell upon Koshu's base. (siege weapons built)
Sigh.

Also:
Lunar orb lolz: [4] You make a single carp in the center of a Lunar Orb of Stalwart. The carp seems to be frozen in place due to still being encased in crystal. (Lunar Orb of Stalwart has a carp in it)
Have we (and/or just CARP) located the Lunar Orb of Stalwart?
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 22, 2015, 10:49:14 pm »

Also:
Have we (and/or just CARP) located the Lunar Orb of Stalwart?

He did designate Rabe as his second in command, I figured he would've told him... But meh, it's not like it'll actually do anything gameplay wise...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 22, 2015, 11:40:59 pm »

Humanity
Help Rosabel: Fight the zombie horde!
[1] They forgot weapons and armor, and just get themselves infected. Oh dear. (+50 zombies)

Crush Unescargot's cult
[5] They slaughter your cultists to the last. (-50 cultists, -5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, -10 wealthy cultists, -4 cultists in high places)

Tear apart Rabe
[5] They tear through the undefended base and charge on the throne room, where they kick Rabe until she's bleeding and mewling pathetically all over the floor. They leave her to die. (Rabe mortally wounded)

Edit: Rosabel heals
End of Turn Neon.
score:
Unescargot (DEAD): summoned, getting old
-cultists: regrets
-Items: veteran memoirs, charm of tunneling ((buried in the gut of an invisible monster))
-Inquisitors: 40 lightly armed inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual, hated by humanity, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows ritual of temporary possession {req host and possessor horror, charm of channeling}
--Puff Puff (uninjured): plush toy that looks just like him

Tavern wench (DEAD): summoned, sunburn [+1 to damage taken]
-cultists: 125 cultists
-Items: base in the desert (breached), has dragon blood, has mercury, access to Orb of Stability 1
-Inquisitors: 25 well trained inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, Inquisitors activated
-Other: well known, moderately bad PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury, consumes orb of stability, can sub Dragon blood [causes injury]}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population
--"Wine and beer with Tavern Wench" talk show

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(moderately wounded): hallucinating, berserk

Anthaju(DEAD): summoned, resting in peace
-cultists: 55 cultists, 15 reapers
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 3 strong mummy inquisitors, 20 inquisitorial reapers, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion, bad PR

Koshu:
-Cultists: 1895 cultists, 85 heavily armed cultists (guarding)
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up
-Inquisitors: 80 trained armed inquisitors, 75 armed inquisitors (guarding), 857 inquisitors, have siege weapons, inquisitors activated
-Other: very good PR, satellite launched, community improved, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}

Rabe (mortally wounded): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol, paranoid, afraid of water, experiencing minor hallucinations (1/6 chance of failing to perform personal actions)
-Cultists: 300 cultists, 10 recognizable cultists
-Items: has sturdy base with defenses (20 gun turrets), has bricks and concrete, knows location of Lunar Orb of Stalwart, has dragon blood, has grand training center, has hidden bunker
-Inquisitors: 199 inquisitors, have ornate mansion base (breached), know ritual of ignite mortals {req gasoline, consumes cultists}, have gasoline, inquisitors activated
-Other: posters put up, campaign for president started, despised by humanity,  requested Koshu's permission to summon him, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, aware of power store ritual
-Achievements: destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, founded Miskatonic University, created Kitten Industries, shamed by cookie-Cthulhu
--Kitten Industries: 311 cultists, 15 recognizable cultists, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), heavily armed giant death robot (2 physique, 2 power, can launch missiles), has materials for starfruit jelly, covered in enhance poison wards

DF CARP: rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp
-goal: CARP LIFE
-Cultists: 150 cultists
-Items: Delicious sandwiches, a bunch of submarines, a shallow ditch
-Inquisitors: 90 inquisitors, inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: CARP LIFE 4 EVAR, has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, horrible PR, campaigning for mayor of Tijuana and doing very badly, knows rain dance {req 50 cultists}
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2

Rosabel (uninjured): summoned
Cultists: 40 cultists, 476 mad cultists, 50 slightly healthier cultists, 25 assassin cultists
Items: has dragon blood, has gold block, has dynamite, has tallow candles, has Grand cathedral base, has chalice of healing filled with healing blood, injured people in chapel, has surgical tools and first aid kits
Inquisitors: 5 inquisitors, 25 zombies, 25 injured zombies, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2, know ritual of warming {req whiskey}, inquisitors activated
Other: adored by humanity, community improved, has humanity's sympathy, buried the dead, knows location of sick and injured, knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows circle of healing ritual {req cultists, wine, and candles}
Temporary: 35 civilians

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible, everyone is on psi-net, Lunar Orb of Stalwart has a carp in it

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 23, 2015, 12:16:46 am »

"Somebody! Help!"
Half of Mad Cultists: Find a cure for the zombie plague!
Half of Other Mad Cultists: Fend off zombies.
Rest of Cultists: Set up defenses.
Civilians: Drink the healing blood and be healed.
Rosabel: Ask civilians if any know of a cure for the plague, or at least something to neutralise the zombies.

Also, don't I regenerate?
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 23, 2015, 12:25:51 am »

Also, don't I regenerate?
Oh yeah, whoops. You did get injured two turns ago so you should be healed...

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 23, 2015, 02:24:13 am »

Half of cultists: Continue the show.
Other half: Recruit with a soiree.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 23, 2015, 05:03:56 am »

Koshu:
-Inquisitors: 80 trained armed inquisitors, 75 armed inquisitors (guarding), 857 inquisitors, have siege weapons, inquisitors activated
-Other: very good PR, satellite launched, community improved, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}

Turn Octothorpe:
400 cultists: help Rosabel defend against the zombies.
495 cultists: retrive Dragonblood.
500 cultists: improve PR.
500 cultists and Koshu: recruit.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 23, 2015, 09:36:54 am »

Enough with this. I have only one thing to say. Puff Puff: Blast Rabe's cult with brainwashing powder.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 23, 2015, 11:49:02 am »

"Somebody! Help!"
Half of Mad Cultists: Find a cure for the zombie plague!
Half of Other Mad Cultists: Fend off zombies.
Rest of Cultists: Set up defenses.
Civilians: Drink the healing blood and be healed.
Rosabel: Ask civilians if any know of a cure for the plague, or at least something to neutralise the zombies.
Cure: [3] They manage to find a way to vaccinate people so they won't turn into zombies as fast, but they don't have time to administer it to everyone and it won't help those who have already been afflicted. (zombie vaccine found)
Fight: [2] They quickly panic and start running around without helping at all. But hey, at least they didn't get themselves infected.
Defenses: [1] They weren't careful and some of them got bitten. Whoops. (40 cultists turned, slightly healthier cultists plagued)
Drink: [3] Some of them drink from the chalice and get healed, but the thick ichor doesn't last very long. (25 civilians healed, lose healing blood)
Halp: [1] You ask the civvies for advice, but none of them are savvy about zombies nor with infection containment. You are so focused on the conversation that your healing aura goes down for the turn. (healing aura won't work for this turn)

Zombies: spread infection
[3] They creep forward infecting many who get close. Luckily some people manage to escape through the horde. (-60 civilians, +40 zombies)
Inquisitors: Look for a cure to zombism, you're probably next on the menu
[2] Their manpower is too low and their determination too weak to help.

Half of cultists: Continue the show.
Other half: Recruit with a soiree.
Showtime: [3] They have a lukewarm performance, it doesn't quite draw the crowds like they would want. (WBTW ratings lukewarm)
Recruit: [3] They set up an awesome party but hardly anyone shows up. (+50 cultists, soiree started)

Inquisitors: Crash the party
[4] They show up and eat all the refreshments. What a bunch of jerks. (soiree over)

Koshu:

Turn Octothorpe:
400 cultists: help Rosabel defend against the zombies.
495 cultists: retrive Dragonblood.
500 cultists: improve PR.
500 cultists and Koshu: recruit.

Stop the plauge: [4] They head for the chapel and pop the heads off a bunch of zombies to keep them from pursuing fleeing civilians and bringing another horde later. They are careful not to get infected themselves. (-75 zombies,-25 wounded zombies)
Dragonblood: [4] They find more dragon lilies and distill the dragonblood post haste. (dragonblood acquired)
PR: [4] They finally convince people to start doing favors for you. Righteous monolith, these people are hard to impress! (now loved by humanity)
Recruit: [6] You and your peons get more peons, though it appears your inquisition slipped an extra message onto the fliers you're handing out. You can feel otherworldly forces starting to breathe down your stony neck with this many followers. (+575 cultists, +530 inquisitors)

Half of Inquisitors: operate siege equipment
[5] Their shots are dead on and they quickly cull the crowded herd of cultists. Your followers manage to scatter after a few shots, but the casualties are high. (-500 cultists)
Half of inquisitors: steal dragonblood
[5] They slip in and take all the dragonblood. They water it down and add some conventional pesticides making potent poison instead of just dumping it out. (100 inquisitors now assassins, lose dragonblood)

Enough with this. I have only one thing to say. Puff Puff: Blast Rabe's cult with brainwashing powder.
Puff puff: recruit from Rabe, since you can't brainwash
[5] He goes over to Rabe's cult and nuzzles up to them convincing some of them to join him. (50 cultists taken from Rabe)

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 23, 2015, 02:48:09 pm »

100 cultist: get in the subs and go into the ocean.
collect more submarine parts.

((i wondr where my cult is maybe sitting around in little clearings of dense tijaunian bushes by the sea? also if i had say this as my turn "ME: revive tavern wench with a strategy... (i need to get over my antiholisim i drink too much coffee because i think it cancels the effects of alchohol contamination))" and rolled a 5 would you come up with some explanation of how i revived her or woud you just say i can't do that))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 04:59:12 pm by carp »

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 23, 2015, 05:05:44 pm »

((What rain spell? I forgot to record it if you got one))
it's on page 32.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 121