Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215370 times)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #1125 on: October 04, 2015, 09:19:30 pm »

An escape tower is a tower full of fast burning solid rocket propellant that's used to attempt to outrun an explosion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launch_escape_system... guess I should have said launch escape system instead, oh well a tower will help in supplying the rocket.
Tired K.I. people: Rest.
K.I.: Make some proper safety equipment.
50 Armored armed cultists: Train in grand training hall, we need guards.
50 Armored cultists: Get in hazmat suits and go get some Dragons blood.
Rest: Recruit, people love the space program.
Me: Think happy thoughts, apologise to ghost "friends" for previous apology.
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 05, 2015, 11:59:24 am »

An escape tower is a tower full of fast burning solid rocket propellant that's used to attempt to outrun an explosion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launch_escape_system... guess I should have said launch escape system instead, oh well a tower will help in supplying the rocket.
Tired K.I. people: Rest.
K.I.: Make some proper safety equipment.
50 Armored armed cultists: Train in grand training hall, we need guards.
50 Armored cultists: Get in hazmat suits and go get some Dragons blood.
Rest: Recruit, people love the space program.
Me: Think happy thoughts, apologise to ghost "friends" for previous apology.

You rolled a 3, even if I knew what you meant you weren't getting that
Rest: [3] Many of them recover, but a few can't seem to get to sleep (50 cultists no longer tired)
KI: [2] They get caught up in other contracts and miss the deadline.
Train: [4] They practice with their weapons until they can reliably hit what they are aiming at. (50 armed armored cultists trained)
Dragon blood: [3] They put on their hazmat suits and grab some dragon blood. It's not nearly enough for a ritual, but they don't worry about it since they already have a stock of dragon blood at the base. (partially gathered dragon blood)
recruit: [5] They all work double time to keep the dream alive. Long live discovery! (+380 cultists)
Apology: [6] You apologize as well as you can, but end up sounding a bit boastful. Many of them think you're being insincere and their accusations make you nervous. (less depressed, scared of ghosts)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 05, 2015, 12:40:25 pm »

End of Turn Orwkejrewf
score:
Unescargot (DEAD): summoned, getting old
-cultists: regrets
-Items: veteran memoirs, charm of tunneling ((buried in the gut of an invisible monster))
-Inquisitors: 40 lightly armed inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings, inquisitors activated and attacking Puff puff.
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual,  very bad PR, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows ritual of temporary possession {req host and possessor horror, charm of channeling}
--Puff Puff (GONE): banished to the 5432545th dimension, plush toy that looks just like him, 50 armed cultists

Tavern wench (DEAD): summoned, sunburn [+1 to damage taken]
-cultists: 145 fit armored armed cultists, low morale
-Items: base in the desert (breached), has dragon blood, has mercury, access to Orb of Stability 1
-Inquisitors: 70 inquisitors, 25 well trained inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, Inquisitors activated
-Other: well known, bad PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury, consumes orb of stability, can sub Dragon blood [causes injury]}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population
--"Wine and beer with Tavern Wench" talk show: mid range ratings
-+"Booze: the magic poison" talk show: mid range ratings

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(moderately wounded): hallucinating, berserk

Anthaju(DEAD): summoned, resting in peace
-cultists: 55 cultists, 15 reapers
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 3 strong mummy inquisitors, 20 inquisitorial reapers, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion, bad PR

Koshu: Has given up on coming to Earth, has a headache (doesn't really do anything)
-Cultists: Fled for greener pastures
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: Pursued their prey
-Other: loved by humanity, satellite launched, community improved, knows "cascade" ritual,

Rabe (DEAD): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol, paranoid, afraid of water, afraid of ghosts, slightly depressed, second in command of CARP's cult
-Cultists: 380 cultists, 165 armored cultists, 33 armored armed cultists, 50 trained armed armored cultists, 2 fit armored armed cultists, 25 well trained astronauts, 10 recognizable armored cultists, 150 ghost friends
-Items: has sturdy base with defenses (20 gun turrets), knows location of Lunar Orb of Stalwart, has dragon blood, has grand training center, has hidden bunker, has dragon blood, space suits, hazmat suits, roughshod rocket safety equipment, space rocket {req fuel}, partially gathered more dragon blood
-Inquisitors:15 armored inquisitors, have gasoline
-Other: posters put up, campaign for president started, very bad PR,  requested Koshu's permission to summon him, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, aware of power store ritual, knows power swap ritual {no cost}, can access Alterworld via giant robot
-Achievements: destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, founded Miskatonic University, created Kitten Industries, shamed by cookie-Cthulhu, discovered Alterworld
--Kitten Industries: 261 armored cultists, 50 tired armored cultists 15 recognizable armored cultists, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), has materials for starfruit jelly, covered in enhance poison wards

DF CARP: rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp, temporarily allied with TTU, in World of Fables
-goal: CARP LIFE
-Cultists: 25 armed cultists, magic dragoncorn mount
-Items: Delicious sandwiches, a bunch of motorized submarines working properly, a shallow ditch, whiskey, cashews, bread, 7 elephant seals
-Inquisitors: 90 inquisitors, inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: CARP LIFE 4 EVAR, has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, horrible PR, campaigning for mayor of Tijuana and doing very badly,  found mysterious portal
-Rituals: knows rain dance {req 50 cultists}, knows ritual of sunshine {req whiskey and light}, knows summon to europa {req fruit [fresh], bread, cashews, consumes English cultists}, knows summon horsemen ritual {consumes 7 seals}
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2
--Search Group 1: 43 cultists
--Search group 2: 44 cultists
--Search group 3: 44 cultists
--Search group 4: 34 cultists, 10 English cultists

Rosabel (lightly injured): summoned, has seal rift ability, read self help book, has a migraine
Cultists: 185 armed cultists, 360 cultists, 100 surgeon cultists, 100 horrific armed cultists, 43 heavily armed cultists, 476 armed mad cultists, 25 assassin cultists, morale high
Items: has dragon blood, has gold block, has dynamite, has tallow candles, has Grand cathedral base with brutal defenses, has chalice of healing, injured people in chapel, has surgical tools and first aid kits
Inquisitors: discredited, 717 inquisitors, 80 trained inquisitors, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2, know ritual of warming {req whiskey}, inquisitors active
Rituals:knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows circle of healing ritual {req cultists, wine, and candles}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows hold rift ritual {consumes solid material}
Other: very good PR, community improved, excellent PR, has zombie vaccine, buried the dead again, knows how to hide horrific appearances, publicly known
Temporary: 100 civilians

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible, everyone is on psi-net, Lunar Orb of Stalwart has a carp in it, Rift stabilized at [9] turns, has rained in California

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 06, 2015, 04:11:22 pm »

((hey so is rabe both afraid of ghosts and is a ghost and whatever happened to the thing unseen why isn't "helped by the thing unseen" on my stuff ))
ME:use my dragonicorn (pronounced "drag-onna-corn") mount to search for another rift
any free cultist's: try to sacrifice the seals again
cultist's searching for things: hey i have a wonderful fantasy world as my safe retreat (glad that rift was in a great carp dome* so the carp don't come pouring into this world) so WORK ON A GIANT AQUARIUM.

*one of the only places that isn't full of carp to create these places sentient and eldritch carp build massive structures the size of solar system's made out of carp bones -the non eldritch carp die all the time no-one's quites sure why the carp plane isn't just carp corpses- just to keep an area the size of city block free of carp this one must've been built around the rift

Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 06, 2015, 05:41:52 pm »

((hey so is rabe both afraid of ghosts and is a ghost and whatever happened to the thing unseen why isn't "helped by the thing unseen" on my stuff ))
ME:use my dragonicorn (pronounced "drag-onna-corn") mount to search for another rift
any free cultist's: try to sacrifice the seals again
cultist's searching for things: hey i have a wonderful fantasy world as my safe retreat (glad that rift was in a great carp dome* so the carp don't come pouring into this world) so WORK ON A GIANT AQUARIUM.

*one of the only places that isn't full of carp to create these places sentient and eldritch carp build massive structures the size of solar system's made out of carp bones -the non eldritch carp die all the time no-one's quites sure why the carp plane isn't just carp corpses- just to keep an area the size of city block free of carp this one must've been built around the rift
((It is, next to being in the world of fables and having your powers back. Also, why even bother with the groups if you're just going to refer to your cultists as a singular bass mass?))
Dragneecurn: [3] You find another rift. This one looks fairly stable, and leads to a world with a greenish gas pouring out. It smells foul and you think it would be better to stay out of there. (Found green portal)
SACRIFICE!: [4] OH DAMN! THE PARTY IS STARTING AGAIN! The wails of the seals as they are butchered become rhythmic and become hoofbeats as the horsemen rise from below the earth. The end of days is now, face judgement ye weary souls! (Horsemen summoned)
Aquarium: [3] They build an above ground pool. That's not an aquarium, but at least it holds water... (Aboveground pool built)
Horsemen: ((Dammit guys, if you're not going to kill/banish each other and end the game I will))
Spoiler: Death (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: War (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pestilence (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Famine (click to show/hide)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 06, 2015, 05:49:46 pm »

70 cultists: Get food
75 cultists: Improve morale.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 06, 2015, 06:03:07 pm »

70 cultists: Get food
75 cultists: Improve morale.
Food: [1] They are unable to find any food in the middle of the desert, and in fact find themselves faced with famine himself, who demands you give up something from your inventory. They hesitantly hand over the remainder of the dragon blood, since it has little use outside of toxin and they won't be tempted to drink it out of hunger. (lose dragon blood)
Morale: [5] The more charismatic among the cult give a few rousing speeches that bring everyone back to feeling well. It won't fill their bellies, but the markets are still open until next turn so they won't die immediately. (Morale high)

Inquisitors: gather all the food in the area so the cult can't have it
[4] They fan out and forage for food for a few hours, plucking all the edible fruit from local desert plants around your base. Apparently your cultists are kinda bad at identifying edible plants. If you want food you'll either have to attack the inquisitors for it, or venture further for food in the future. ([3] turns of food collected, area around TW's base now barren)

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 06, 2015, 07:32:52 pm »

i suggest everybody goes through the rift and if it leads to the fantasy world i will be correct in thinking that the fantasy world is the hub considering there are already 2 rifts leading to it.
and maybe griffin should look for a rift in the Egyptian underworld maybe it will lead back to earth which wouldn't be much better.
and just imagine throught this h=whole thing a carp frolicking halfwayr through a dragonacorn.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:37:29 pm by carp »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 07, 2015, 12:40:48 am »

((seriously? What kind of crap is this?
Aslandus seems to be completely ignoring my goals and everything. So much for fun.))
Rosabel:
Concentrate on using aura of happiness to negate the effect of War's ABSOLUTE BULLCRAP OVERPOWERED power.
All bar 100 Cultists: Petition for food donations.
100 Cultists: Research banishing spells. For the frickin' Horsemen.

Seriously this ruined the game for me. I was having fun being nice.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 12:45:26 am by Adragis029 »
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 07, 2015, 12:58:00 pm »

Aslandus seems to be completely ignoring my goals and everything. So much for fun.))
Rosabel:
Concentrate on using aura of happiness to negate the effect of War's ABSOLUTE BULLCRAP OVERPOWERED power.

((What goals? You have yet to indicate you have any plans beyond "heal people and stay in this church forever". Carp was at least exploring options, you just keep healing people and doing very little. PR stopped working because I couldn't think of anything humanity could give you that you would want. While I don't like making a sudden death scenario, we've been on this game for months and only have 2 living horrors left. I'd rather push forward than sit here waiting for carp to get summoned and turn you into a mermaid or whatever his plan is, since you're clearly not going to end the game yourself.))

Food: [5] People are very generous with you and your plight, seems that good PR does do something after all. It's an impressive haul and will leave you stocked even with all these mouths to feed. ([10] turns of food gained)
Aura: [3] The goodwill and friendship holds off war's chaotic presence for a bit, but it won't last long. (war cannot act against Rosabel for 1 turn)
Research: [3] They find a brandishing spell, it summons a gun out of nowhere which fires at a target, at no cost. Not very useful for a pacifist, but in these tough times perhaps ideals will have to be set aside in the name of survival... (discovered brandishing spell)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 07, 2015, 01:23:17 pm »

((sorry, was a bit annoyed then. Sorry for being so harsh and all.))
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 07, 2015, 01:30:48 pm »

((It's fine, if you guys really want I can reduce the statline on the horsemen to a "normal" level and make it at least possible to beat them, and if you do we'll call it a victory for anyone who is still playing, sort of a final boss))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 07, 2015, 01:32:50 pm »

((I'm actually fine either way, but I'd like a way to get rid of them at least. There'd be no winner otherwise.))
thincake

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 08, 2015, 03:40:56 pm »

Rosabel:

well there is a nice rift to escape through any try being nice to the horsemen. and going by the terry pratchett description of death he's pretty ambivalent and apocalypses happen all the time in the discworld anyway death in particular has no reason to care he only guides souls once they're dead. and because this is christian symbolism your cultists will be passed straight to heaven.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:47:39 pm by carp »

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 09, 2015, 03:20:06 pm »

Ignore
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 03:47:32 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 121