Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215132 times)

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #1215 on: October 24, 2015, 08:08:38 pm »

sorry bout double post
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:18:12 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 24, 2015, 08:10:17 pm »

my computer crashes all the time when i play minecraft (not quite sure why) generally if i do something like that i try to roll with it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 24, 2015, 08:16:23 pm »

((Dude, really, was that necessary?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 24, 2015, 08:19:10 pm »

i shall be THE BIGGEST FISH  >:(

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 24, 2015, 08:24:15 pm »

But I am, in fact, the bigger fish.
((The "was that necessary" was mostly about the double explanation posts.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 24, 2015, 08:35:30 pm »

my computer crashes all the time when i play minecraft (not quite sure why) generally if i do something like that i try to roll with it.
Eh, fair enough.

Is Rosabel still alive out there? Hello? We don't have actions for her yet and I believe she's the last one who hasn't gone this turn...

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 24, 2015, 09:02:11 pm »

But I am, in fact, the bigger fish.
((The "was that necessary" was mostly about the double explanation posts.))
oh sorry you noticed they were the first on this page so what happened was i posted one reloaded the page didn't see it so i posted another oneand made some improvements

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 24, 2015, 09:17:34 pm »

Eh, fair enough.

Is Rosabel still alive out there? Hello? We don't have actions for her yet and I believe she's the last one who hasn't gone this turn...
You DEDed her?
Although her cult.
Sigtext

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 24, 2015, 10:30:28 pm »

Eh, fair enough.

You DEDed her?
Although her cult.
Well, Adragis anyway, I just refer to people as their horrors because it simplifies things...

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 25, 2015, 01:50:50 am »

((Sorry, I thought the turn was over))
Half of Mad Cultists: Research ways to cure these deformities.
Other half of Mad Cultists: Research the properties of this healing blood. Perhaps even beyond the grave we could make chosen from it. Who knows.
100 cultists: Perform a burial service for The Smiling One.
100 other cultists: Administer zombie vaccine.
Rest of cultists: Retrieve weapons.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 25, 2015, 11:13:25 am »

((Sorry, I thought the turn was over))
Half of Mad Cultists: Research ways to cure these deformities.
Other half of Mad Cultists: Research the properties of this healing blood. Perhaps even beyond the grave we could make chosen from it. Who knows.
100 cultists: Perform a burial service for The Smiling One.
100 other cultists: Administer zombie vaccine.
Rest of cultists: Retrieve weapons.
Cure: [3] They find that the many of the deformities can be easily removed via cosmetic surgery. No way to actually cure scaly skin or extra eyes though, those gotta stay. (Monstrous cultists can be made merely horrific)
Blood: [4] They discover that the blood can be transfused into a person's bloodstream to make them produce healing blood. Why it doesn't work when applied normally and how they figured this out is an enigma only a madman could understand. (learned ritual of imbibed blood {req cultist, consumes healing blood})
Burial: [2] The weather's pretty bad right now, they hold off on the funeral.
Vaccinate: [6] They inoculate the rest of Rabe's cultists since they're nearby and in their fervor accidentally overdose some civvies who hadn't left yet on the vaccine, plaguing them. (Rabe's cultists vaccinated, +50 plagued civilians)
Weapons: [no roll] The ones that have weapons available pick up their weapons from the racks and ready themselves for battle. The others get ready to provide backup as best they can.

Inquisitors: Steal healing blood
[2] They can't find an opening so they just sort of hang around for the turn.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 25, 2015, 12:36:18 pm »

End of Turn Thewiarefa
score:
Unescargot (DEAD): summoned, getting old, released
-cultists: regrets
-Items: veteran memoirs, charm of tunneling ((buried in the gut of an invisible monster)), Anthaju's flesh
-Inquisitors: 40 lightly armed inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings, inquisitors activated and attacking Puff puff.
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual,  very bad PR, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows ritual of temporary possession {req host and possessor horror, charm of channeling}, knows ritual of Create Reaper {req Anthaju's flesh}
--Puff Puff (GONE): banished to the 5432545th dimension, plush toy that looks just like him, 30 armed reapers

Tavern wench (DEAD): summoned, sunburn [+1 to damage taken], released
-cultists: 145 fit armored armed cultists, high morale, can reach Famine easily
-Items: base in the barren desert (breached), has mercury, access to Orb of Stability 1, [3] turns worth of food, 50 captured inquisitors
-Inquisitors: 25 well trained inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, have [5] turns worth of food, Inquisitors activated, occupied for 1 turn
-Other: well known, bad PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury, consumes orb of stability, can sub Dragon blood [causes injury]}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, has killed Famine
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population
--"Wine and beer with Tavern Wench" talk show: mid range ratings, technical difficulties [1]
--Bakery: existence
-+"Booze: the magic poison" talk show: mid range ratings
-+Soup R Us:

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(moderately wounded): hallucinating, berserk

Anthaju(DEAD): summoned, resting in peace
-cultists: 55 cultists, 15 reapers
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 3 strong mummy inquisitors, 20 inquisitorial reapers, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion, bad PR

Koshu (lightly injured): Summoned, Has given up on personal ambitions for Earth, has a headache (doesn't really do anything)
-Cultists: Fled for greener pastures
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: Pursued their prey
-Other: loved by humanity, satellite launched, community improved, knows "cascade" ritual,

Rabe (DEAD): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol, paranoid, afraid of water, afraid of ghosts, slightly depressed, second in command of CARP's cult, has Koshu's assistance, frustrated at Goshu
-Goal: Create a civilization that has harnessed the sun and made off-planet colonies, create a Miskatonic university that doesn't get blown up (and ideally accomplishes its goals of understanding the eldritch)
-Cultists: 370 cultists, 165 armored cultists, 33 well trained armored armed cultists, 50 trained armed armored cultists, 2 fit armored armed cultists, 10 well trained astronauts, 10 recognizable armored cultists, 150 ghost friends, 15 well trained astronauts on the MOON!, immunized against plague
-Items: has sturdy base with defenses (20 gun turrets), knows location of Lunar Orb of Stalwart, has dragon blood, has grand training center, has hidden bunker, has dragon blood, space suits, hazmat suits, roughshod rocket safety equipment, space rocket {req fuel}, partially gathered more dragon blood, has [2] turns of food, has access to nukes, has medicine
-Inquisitors:15 armored inquisitors, have gasoline
-Other: posters put up, campaign for president started, very bad PR,  requested Koshu's permission to summon him, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, aware of power store ritual, knows power swap ritual {no cost}, can access Alterworld via giant robot
-Achievements: destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, founded Miskatonic University, created Kitten Industries, shamed by cookie-Cthulhu, discovered Alterworld
--Kitten Industries: 261 armored cultists, 50 tired armored cultists 15 recognizable armored cultists, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), has materials for starfruit jelly, covered in enhance poison wards, created builder bees
--Goshu (moderately injured): Ordered to attack Koshu, relationship with Rabe weaker

DF CARP (DEAD): rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp, temporarily allied with TTU, trapped in an oven in the land of Myth, smells delicious
-goal: CARP LIFE
-Cultists: 10 brave cultists (on submarines), 10 brave english cultists (on submarines), magic dragoncorn mount, 5 trolls (myth)
-Items: a bunch of motorized submarines working properly, a shallow ditch, whiskey, cashews, bread, aboveground pool, located unobtainable nukes
-Inquisitors: 90 inquisitors, inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5, 30 zombies (active)
-Accomplishments: has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of), destroyed the focus stone, found portal to world of Fables, found green portal, summoned the horsemen
-Other: CARP LIFE 4 EVAR, going crazy, horrible PR, campaigning for mayor of Tijuana and doing very badly
-Rituals: knows rain dance {req 50 cultists}, knows ritual of sunshine {req whiskey and light}, knows summon to europa {req fruit [fresh], bread, cashews, consumes English cultists}, knows summon horsemen ritual {consumes 7 seals}
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2
++War(lightly injured): power doesn't affect Rosabel for [1] turns
++Death(uninjured): stalled for [3] turns, +1 power, can't harm the undead
++Pestilence(uninjured): Smells funny
++Famine(DEAD): corpse is near TW's cult

Rosabel (DEAD): summoned, has seal rift ability, read self help book, has a migraine, targeted by War, knows Brandishing spell, ascended
Cultists: 185 well trained armed cultists, 260 well trained cultists, 100 well trained horrific armed cultists, 43 well trained heavily armed cultists, 476 armed mad cultists, 25 well trained assassin cultists, morale high, immunized against zombification
Items: has dragon blood, has gold block, has dynamite, has tallow candles, has brutal defenses, has surgical tools and first aid kits, [8] turns worth of food, [5] servings of healing blood
Inquisitors: discredited, 700 inquisitors, 80 trained inquisitors, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2, know ritual of warming {req whiskey}, have [2] turns worth of food, inquisitors active
Rituals:knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows circle of healing ritual {req cultists, wine, and candles}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows hold rift ritual {consumes solid material}, aware of False death ritual, knows ritual of imbibed blood {req cultist, consumes healing blood}
Other: very good PR, community improved, excellent PR, has zombie vaccine, buried the dead again, knows how to hide horrific appearances, publicly known, locals immune to plague/zombification, can change monstrous cultists to merely horrific cultists
Temporary: 50 civilians, 50 plagued civilians

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible, everyone is on psi-net, Lunar Orb of Stalwart has a carp in it, Rift stabilized at [9] turns, has rained in California

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 25, 2015, 04:16:21 pm »

30 reapers: preform the reaper conversion ritual on Rabe's leftover cultists! Again!

Unescargot: Play chess with Death!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 25, 2015, 06:02:43 pm »

30 reapers: preform the reaper conversion ritual on Rabe's leftover cultists! Again!

Unescargot: Play chess with Death!
Convert: [1] You accidentally summon a bunch of oranges all over Rabe's cultists. They get very angry with your reapers for pelting them with fruit. (Relations with Rabe's cult decrease)
Chess: [1] He checkmates you in three turns. You accuse him of cheating. He shrugs. Death decides he should probably get moving on the whole apocalypse thing soon. (-1 distraction)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 25, 2015, 06:08:41 pm »

70 cultists: Continue baking and shaking.
75 cultists: Start a dance party, to distract death.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 121