Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215192 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #1335 on: December 04, 2015, 01:03:48 am »

Aslandus, y u no do my actions?!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 04, 2015, 10:20:31 am »

parisite lord: intice the minds of mortals with promises of power
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: December 04, 2015, 10:49:06 am »

parisite lord: intice the minds of mortals with promises of power
I have no idea what character you're referring to, could you repost/link the character card?
[5] You find the most ambitious people you can find and convince them that you can give them all they desire. Suckers. (+100 cultists?)

Aslandus, y u no do my actions?!
Sorry, I thought you'd already gone and were posting next turn's actions. My bad...

Start whispering into the minds of random people, generally in a small area near Washington DC.
And maybe on the side, try to get other cultists to other horrors intrested in helping me as well, as a secondary goal.

[4] You get the most random people you can find to follow you. Apparently they all have a secret love of Speedos and awkward encounters. (+75 cultists)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 4 running
« Reply #1338 on: December 04, 2015, 12:49:15 pm »

Kszipasowiernik recruits charismatic, intelligent, rich or influential people.

50 cultists go and recruit mooks.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: December 05, 2015, 10:15:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
see this guy remeber you suggested that excess stats go into power and i decided that isn't quite wjhat i wanted so now 1 of the excess points go to power if none are present in power.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:21:32 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 05, 2015, 10:45:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
see this guy remeber you suggested that excess stats go into power and i decided that isn't quite wjhat i wanted so now 1 of the excess points go to power if none are present in power.
Oh right, I must've forgotten to copy it into the waitlist. My bad.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 05, 2015, 01:44:35 pm »

Daragon: Attempt to convert more people, focusing on the Inquisitors.

Current Cult: Locate the Orb of Stalwart associated with Myself
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 05, 2015, 03:24:04 pm »

I think you misunderstood everything I said, could you make some suggestions so it fits in with the game? also I thought I made my concept fit in quite nicely with the rules and having as much influence as a non summoned horror without changing my origin.

On the other hand I could be misunderstanding you.
The first problem is that you have no physical form, not even a sheet of paper. I've changed this on your "official" character sheet because it would be impossible for you to survive the first turn without it. Fred wouldn't be able to read your nothing and then you would die due to lack of followers. I'd rather not ruin the game for you like that, and I'll redo your first action to something productive if you make the change.

I feel I have forgotten something.

The second problem is starting  on Earth, which cuts out the early game for you. Not doing the summoning ritual has almost no repercussions for you, as even with you self-inflicted restrictions there is little benefit to performing it outside of having the flavor say "now these guys look like people instead of zombies". As a result, you could go straight to smashing the Orbs of Stalwart with impunity since you have no stake in keeping them around, then constantly mauling the other cults while they try to research new ways to summon until they have enough inquisitors to purge them. I don't think you specifically would do that, but I'd rather not set a bad precedent, and there's not really any way to balance that advantage.

Your horror could work, if you want to make Fred the poet your actual horror and make the flavor that he's a lazy guy who got/discovered a way to use powers that he can unlock through the summoning ritual. Or if you insist on the meme thing, have the paper to start out and then have it disappear after you successfully get cultists, but you should probably still transfer your points from power to presence since your meme essentially spreads via proximity. In that case, you would also have to make part of your goal to perform the summoning, and have some hefty restrictions until you do, because right now there's no tangible reason for you to perform it.

Are the rules as they are too stringent for you? This isn't the first time you've pushed the boundaries on what a horror can be, nor is it the first time I've pushed back, but I'd rather figure out a solution than have another issue with character creation...
I was thinking of making my own copy of the game so you don't have to deal with 15 horrors but instead the more reasonable 7. I like this idea personally.
(glowed for noticeability to see what others think)

Anyway I thought I solved most of those. The first is that while at the start the only copies are on the paper and in the mind of Fred (no more useful than an ordinary cultist) but that's not AIM's form, he's a concept. I will put down that's how he starts though. Secondly I did put some hefty restrictions on it, before the ritual the minions can only repeat the meme, look for dragons blood, look for the orb, bring them back(they must bring the orb back, since they can't communicate they need a preset point to bring everything and this point is fred's house.) and perform the ritual, nothing else.
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 05, 2015, 04:03:24 pm »

-Other stuff-

I was thinking of making my own copy of the game so you don't have to deal with 15 horrors but instead the more reasonable 7. I like this idea personally.
(glowed for noticeability to see what others think)

Anyway I thought I solved most of those. The first is that while at the start the only copies are on the paper and in the mind of Fred (no more useful than an ordinary cultist) but that's not AIM's form, he's a concept. I will put down that's how he starts though. Secondly I did put some hefty restrictions on it, before the ritual the minions can only repeat the meme, look for dragons blood, look for the orb, bring them back(they must bring the orb back, since they can't communicate they need a preset point to bring everything and this point is fred's house.) and perform the ritual, nothing else.
Go for it on the copycat game, and if that's true then I'll let you keep your horror as is, but as it's written it seems to me like they *can* do whatever they want and your cultists would just be tripping over their own feet the whole time. Just keep in mind that your groups of cultists can still only take 1 action per turn apiece.

Also while I think there's 1 person who hasn't gone, I'd rather not build up 4 pages of chatter waiting, so I'll be ending the turn shortly.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 05, 2015, 04:40:36 pm »

End of Turn 1.
Big Ol' Fire: GLORY TO PURITY
cult:
inquisitors: 25 inquisitors

Volker-hands: Angry at thorns
cult:

Dar Gold: Confident in own cause
cult: 50 cultists

Quar-splosion man: Lamenting the lack of hospitality
cult:

Leechmaster:
cult: 100 cultists
inquisitors:

Crystal queen: Basking in own glory
cult: 100 angry housewives
inquisitors:

NFL: Knows better than to trust dice
cult:
inquisitors:

KZ-Jello: Doesn't trust these idiots
cult: 50 cultists
inquisitors:

Arcing Mist-elf: confused about Earth's strange language
cult:
inquisitors:

Hon Shadow: smug about his devious lies
cult: 75 "smart" cultists
inquisitors:

Fisherman: Still sleeping on the moon
cult:
inquisitors:

Speedy Speedoman: Wait, people like this stuff?
cult: 75 cultists
inquisitors:

Zomboss with really long name: BRAAAAAINS
cult: 100 gravekeepers
inquisitors:

Meme-aster:
cult: 1 cultist, unconscious for [1] turn
inquisitors:

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 05, 2015, 05:11:31 pm »

Who's interested in a second game?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:48:25 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 05, 2015, 05:13:33 pm »

Recruit or somefink I dunno
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 05, 2015, 05:15:16 pm »

I wisper into the minds of goth teens, attempting to conver them into my cult.
I have my cult look for dark underground areas to 'set up shop' and worship me in the mean time.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 05, 2015, 05:15:25 pm »

Cultists: Spread knowledge of my existence (jokingly) through the power of social networking! I can then use their vague awareness to try and convert more of them, faster!
Creepy Eldritch Speedo Man: start picking out good leaders among my cultists, since I will DEFFINITELY need leaders. I'm a "eldritch" horror in a speedo, not a commander.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 05, 2015, 06:42:59 pm »

Recruit or somefink I dunno
[3] You recruit some little fishies from the big pond that is Earth to help you. Such good little fishies, they will be kept alive after The Great Trawling. (+35 cultists)

I wisper into the minds of goth teens, attempting to conver them into my cult.
I have my cult look for dark underground areas to 'set up shop' and worship me in the mean time.
Recruit: [2] Turns out those kids are into nonexistence, not the undead. What a tasteless crowd!
Base: [5] Your followers tell you the mausoleum in the graveyard they work at has angel statues, iron gates, and other amenities that one would expect from a mausoleum. You order them to spend the rest of the turn worshipping you to inflate your massive ego. (Grand Mausoleum base gained)

Cultists: Spread knowledge of my existence (jokingly) through the power of social networking! I can then use their vague awareness to try and convert more of them, faster!
Creepy Eldritch Speedo Man: start picking out good leaders among my cultists, since I will DEFFINITELY need leaders. I'm a "eldritch" horror in a speedo, not a commander.
Recruit: [1] Turns out their rather niche interests aren't shared by their peers. (+75 inquisitors)
Appoint leaders: [5] You elicit the best people from your cult and give them lofty titles of leadership. Thanks to their excellent leadership skills 3's will be have a chance of being normal successes in any group they are in. (5 cultists now skilled leaders [50% chance of 3 becoming 4])

aaa
[no roll] Fred wakes up groaning softly into his empty office. (can take action again)
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 121