Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212188 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 4 running
« Reply #1785 on: May 14, 2016, 03:19:22 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 14, 2016, 05:16:03 pm »

Archon: bargain with death.
Archon: If possible, and if both Voltkritt and I are somehow alive, terraform him into another volcano.

Archon: If this is the ending, and I yet live, terraform the world into a new Maze, then retreat to a citadel somewhere within it.

Bargain: [already rolled] You remain dead
If if if if if if if [no roll] No conditional actions, and you only get the one action personally.

Vol-Kriit:bargain with death
Marksman: shoot archon if he gets back up
Everyone else: try to revive me with the pitual

Bargain: [already rolled] You also remain dead.
SHOOT: [irrelevant] He stays dead.
Make a wish: [4] They make a wish in the pitual and a new you emerges! Well, he looks like you, sounds like you, and acts like you, but you still feel very dead. He seamlessly slips into your place and nobody is any the wiser. (Volkreet appears)
Spoiler: Volkreet (click to show/hide)

Vol'kriit actually won: He still had the cult to set the ending. Next time, if every horror dies, the tiebreaker is the cult, but if it's the same, PR, allies then inquisitors. Feel free to modify this list... :b
Spoiler: Sheet. (click to show/hide)
Maybe, but then it wouldn't be fair to the people that died earlier that just had their cult vanish into thin air. While the cult "living on" in secret might be part of the flavor making it gameplay relevant doesn't work that well with the revised rules.

Make sure you say what sort of thing you're trying to summon/create when you use your abilities, I can't guarantee you'll get anything useful if you don't... Also, you seem to have 3 abilities that only work on mortals, so I can already tell that's gonna be a fun argument in the next game...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 22, 2016, 12:44:33 am »

Vol-Kreet snatches up the materials and spells from Archon's base much like he stole all aspects of Vol-kriit's life right out from under him (that is, with very little say in the matter as his cultists do the whole thing themselves). He hides away in a secluded area far from normal society where he won't be disturbed while he toys with the mortal world from afar. With no other equally powerful beings to stand against him, he has little trouble changing the world as he wills it, smoothed of all edges and all moving at his command. Unlight tries again and again without success to cure his insanity while his cult prepares for the inevitable final confrontation.

It's no contest. Volkreet has far more manpower, technology, and training on his side, plus a significantly stronger personage. Unlight's cult is wiped out and Unlight itself is turned into a fixture, babbling incomprehensibly while curing random people of psychological ailments as they pass. With no further use for them, Vol-kreet disbands the cult, allowing the members to divide up the loot as they wish and spends the rest of his days as the overlord of Earth. Not too bad for a being that stole his position from much worthier horrors at the last possible second.

Some horrors live on in stories told by their former followers. Others fade into obscurity as history moves forward. Hence nothing remains but our regrets.

END OF GAME 4.

OFF REFERENCES MADE: 1

GAME 5 COMING SOON.

Mihari Novasteele

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Lurker, Reader, Thinker; Maybe.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 4 ended. signup for game 5 open.
« Reply #1788 on: June 16, 2016, 04:12:14 am »

My horror, warning, very wordy; also this is my first RTD
[spoiler]
Name : Novalord
Abilities  : (from my understanding its 5 points spread between whatever ability you want; ex, 1 point in telekinesis (weak-ish) 4 in pericognition, an ability that is a relative of post- and pre-cognition
that allows one to understand what is happening in the now (very strong))
so my build for abilities would be :

1 Point in Mind manipulation (memory and thought manipulation, as in memory obscuring (hard to remember something) or "replacing" memories (covering them with fakes; its still there though) or illusions that affect the mind, eg; sight, smell, emotions, state of mind (rage, grief, insanity, etc..) and other "manipulations" , not "total" mind control, just manipulation, it can also be used with more subtle things such as convincing humans to join my cult or give the other horrors' cults have nightmares. can be weakened for balance
Effect : Better at getting more followers, Lower chance to get inquisitors, can (possibly, such as rolling a 5, turn other horrors cultists into your own, incites anger of said cultists on bad rolls)

3 pericognition (Able to tell what is happening in a large radius around myself but decreasing in clarity the farther away I get, also only 1/10 the power when not summoned and it would be focused on my cult. My radius when summoned would be, (1 meter (can see skin cells) 10 meters (can see very tiny things) 100 meters for detailed (can see a thread), 1km (can see large beetles), 10km (human level vision, as in can read road signs etc) 100km (blurry, can see large  things such as : Buildings, mountains, 100 meter abominations, etc...)) can also incorporate hearing but at smaller ranges (whispers within 100 meters, normal voices 1km, shouting 5km). Weakens when things are in the way, such as buildings or mountains.
Effect : Can detect approaching dangers, such as abominations or inquisitors, can understand things better when in close range, such as why artifacts do what they do or how to make more of them (within reason)
Note : can be weakened or strengthened depending on balance. I am also willing to lose a skill point to get this if need be.

1 Point in Eldritch Energy Manipulation, this allows for better delicacy and also (limited) sensing of said Eldritch energy, such as sensing other eldritch horrors. This works like so (they're on that half of the planet (on the same planet), they're in a country somewhere around here (500 km), they're around here (100km), they're in the same general area (10km))
Manipulation allows more control, (slightly) less power needed for doing things that require a bit more delicacy such as weaving illusions or reading minds with a lower chance of them realizing it; basically get a +1 to rolls that require manipulation of energy in delicate ways, possibly a -1 when I roll a 6 with delicacy being able to fix it (make it a 5 or a 4, depending on balance)
Note : Sensing can be dropped if it does not balance.

Appearance :
A 2.5 meter tall, hooded figure with "face" hidden in the shadows, all you can see 5 Red, glowing slits, and sharp, gleaming, fangs
Your hooded robe is constantly shifting patterns, it emits a malignant miasma and you can faintly hear wails, such as those of tortured souls
Your "hands" have sharp, pointed, digits; claws really
Your visible "skin" is an empty, void black, you can faintly see some pinpricks of light; stars perhaps

Homeworld :
A desolate plane of existence where beings of great power once fought, killing each other but in the process they destroyed most of said plane.
You were never the strongest but you survived, named after a being long gone; a legend you will probably not live up to, you survived.
As the rest of your home dimension collapsed around you, you finished your ritual, a portal to another plane, a means of an end to escape destruction.

Stats :
Presence : 1, being around you for long periods of time makes mortals a bit more resistant to others mental manipulation, but more suseptable to your own; this also has the affectof making their eyes turn darker, eventually turning them totally red (eyes, not the whole body). Their skin also turns darker, like yours.
Mindlock : 1, you have always been a bit resistant to others powers
Power : 2, you have been a bit more powerful than average, but not by much.
Physique : 1, you have made sure to keep in shape, but your're pretty average
Appeal : 0, You were never really noticed and nobody really liked you anyway, so you learned to hide in the shadows
[spoiler]

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: June 16, 2016, 07:21:37 pm »

My horror, warning, very wordy; also this is my first RTD
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's no point spreading between abilities, all the abilities have the same power denoted by your power stat... It's a bit less detailed, but it keeps things simpler, especially given how complex the game gets... Also, abilities can't modify dice rolls or recruiting, because we have separate stats for that...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: June 16, 2016, 07:47:52 pm »

While my mind's on it, I'll put a definite date on game 5 since it's been a month or so with only "soon"... Let's go with next Wednesday, June 22...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 16, 2016, 07:54:13 pm »

A Giant Ball Of Energy (GBOE)

Powers:If it can be done by a massive amount of energy, the GBOE can do it.  Or a small amount of energy, even.

Like manipulating braaaains.

Presence : 0
Mindlock : 0
Power : 5
Physique : Incorporeal
Appeal : 0
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 16, 2016, 08:39:54 pm »

Will I remain active this time? Who knows!

This guy is wacky, much more so than Archon. I figure he does basically nothing useful until he gets to earth, then he abandons the cult stuff altogether and uses his four presence abilities to become a one-man army.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 16, 2016, 10:31:12 pm »

A Giant Ball Of Energy (GBOE)

Powers:If it can be done by a massive amount of energy, the GBOE can do it.  Or a small amount of energy, even.

Like manipulating braaaains.

Presence : 0
Mindlock : 0
Power : 5
Physique : Incorporeal
Appeal : 0
"Incorporeal" still counts as 0 for physique, you can't make yourself invincible for free by saying physical objects just pass through you. Also, you should be more specific with your powers, otherwise I'll just say no to most of the stuff you try to do because I don't want to look up obscure phenomena of particle physics.

Will I remain active this time? Who knows!

This guy is wacky, much more so than Archon. I figure he does basically nothing useful until he gets to earth, then he abandons the cult stuff altogether and uses his four presence abilities to become a one-man army.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
This one's gonna be fun, I can already tell...

Mihari Novasteele

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Lurker, Reader, Thinker; Maybe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 17, 2016, 12:18:02 am »

I apologize, I misinterpreted.
Please Remove my char.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 20, 2016, 12:28:10 am »

I apologize, I misinterpreted.
Please Remove my char.
You can still play, I can just modify the character to fit the rules and you'll be fine to hop in...

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - Game 5 running.
« Reply #1796 on: June 24, 2016, 04:15:36 pm »

Game 5 Start

Horrors:
Spoiler: John Smith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hell fish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heart (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flock (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shadowmage (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nex (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GBOE (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Paradox (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: June 24, 2016, 05:18:45 pm »

"All right then... time to use my charisma!"

John Smith recruits generic people to join his "social group".
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: June 24, 2016, 05:29:21 pm »

I Poke at People's Brains till they Start me a Cult.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: June 24, 2016, 06:48:46 pm »

Recruit.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121