Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 214639 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2015, 05:37:04 pm »

Kill Paul!
Cultists: Attack Paul too!
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2015, 06:46:29 pm »

I HAVEN'T ABANDONED YOU GUYS!

Give some of My Nerds Magical Powers, Summon several Minotaurs, Create more Golems, And Attack the Inquisitors!

Carl Yelvin returns to the brawl!
Presence - [3] You turn some of your cultists into wizards (25 chosen created)
[5] You summon a couple of minotaurs. They don't have weapons or armor, but they still look cool and could probably fight better than a human (+50 25 minotaurs) ((If they're gonna be twice as powerful as cultists you only get half as many))
[no roll] You're only one horror, you can't do that much at once and your chosen haven't quite gotten the hang of golemancy yet.
[4] Your cultists and minions charge into battle against the meager inquisitors. They healed recently from their old wounds, but they still got crushed (-35 inquisitors, -5 minotaurs, -10 scrap golems, -15 cultists).

Inquisitors: be dead
[irrelevant] They succeed at being dead. They technically don't get a turn because they were never activated, but they are still dead.

Kill Paul!
Cultists: Attack Paul too!
[6] You sock Paul in the face with your fists. You get wounded by his spines and he doesn't look too bothered (both lightly wounded).
cultists:
[6] They charge at Paul and start tearing at the rind of his hide with their fingernails. They manage to tear off a few bits, but the damage they inflict was likely not worth the number who got impaled on his spines (Paul moderately wounded, -45 cultists)
Paul: show these aggressive people the meaning of friendship.
[4] Paul gives them a big smile and all your living cultists decide to join him rather than staying with you (45 cultists converted). ((dat 3 appeal, man))

Inquisitors: get weapons
[6] They acquire several tanks of liquid nitrogen. Freezing stuff, it's a bit more than they probably should have taken... (-10 cultists, gained liquid nitrogen)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2015, 07:08:06 pm »

Recruit more people.
Cultists: Tell Paul to go after the Plague Doctor.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2015, 07:11:20 pm »

Recruit more people.
((You can just order Paul to do that yourself, you don't have to waste his cultists' turn to make Paul do something))

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2015, 08:07:39 pm »

((I'm so popular :D))

What the..? It was an illusion?! Who could have the gall to...
I'll kill those horses. I'll kill all of those goddamn horses.

Me: Resurrect dead cultists! LIVE ONCE MORE!
Not dead cultists: Spread awareness about the fact that eternal night will come If we don't kill the evil nightmare horse!
Jeff: If you are not stuck and here with us, tell the Mad Matron's cultists and Paul not to bother us!
If not, atleast my cultists aren't getting recruited...
((Did you really think you could just run away from your problems with no consequences?))
((You better believe!))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2015, 08:49:05 pm »

Recruit more people.
((You can just order Paul to do that yourself, you don't have to waste his cultists' turn to make Paul do something))
It's fine, I need to use my turn recruiting cultists, because I don't have any.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2015, 09:42:55 pm »

((I'm so popular :D))

What the..? It was an illusion?! Who could have the gall to...
I'll kill those horses. I'll kill all of those goddamn horses.

Me: Resurrect dead cultists! LIVE ONCE MORE!
Not dead cultists: Spread awareness about the fact that eternal night will come If we don't kill the evil nightmare horse!
Jeff: If you are not stuck and here with us, tell the Mad Matron's cultists and Paul not to bother us!
If not, atleast my cultists aren't getting recruited...
((Did you really think you could just run away from your problems with no consequences?))
((You better believe!))
[1] You accidentally blow up the corpses and those nearby get covered in plague-spreading goo (15 cultists plagued).
cultists:
[6] They spread word of the night and draw attention to the horror of Nightmare... of course they accidentally let slip a little about you too, so that's not great... (Nightmare: +50 inquisitors, You: +25 inquisitors)
Jeff: do something
[2] Nope, Jeff's not doing anything himself
Jeff's cultists: bring Jeff to Nightmare so you can recieve orders
[2] They can't haul him over to the new base, they'll have to wait until he coughs up a pound of tar or two...

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2015, 09:14:04 am »

Me: Make some Magical Artifacts and Potions and Give them to the Wizards! Afterwards Summon an Elder Platinum Dragon and catch up on Pop Culture!
Elder Platinum Dragon: Advertise The Fantasy Store!
25 Wizards: Convert more Cultists!
45 Minotaurs: Guard the Cultists!
40 Scrap Golems: Help the Wizards!
150 Cultists: Find The Orb of Stalwart!
15 Cultists: Start up a Fantasy Store to sell the left-over Magical Items and Recruit more Cultists!

((I think I'm the Strongest Horror so far...))

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2015, 09:28:17 am »

Ah! The moment has come at last! I will teach these mortals to love the night!
Announce my arrival with a partial solar eclipse and a showering of a great many plushies to show that not everything about me is fear and trembling.

Cultists:
65 - Take Lucius somewhere out of the way, preferably as a peace offering to the Mad Matron. He is a kid after all...
25 assassins and 15 normals - Attack those who insult my great horsiness! (Attack the Plague Doctor)

I do stuff, I guess

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2015, 12:40:24 pm »

Me: Make some Magical Artifacts and Potions and Give them to the Wizards! Afterwards Summon an Elder Platinum Dragon and catch up on Pop Culture!
Elder Platinum Dragon: Advertise The Fantasy Store!
15 Cultists: Start up a Fantasy Store to sell the left-over Magical Items and Recruit more Cultists!

((I think I'm the Strongest Horror so far...))
((If you're just talking support wise, then you're hands down the strongest with over twice as much manpower as the next most supported horror, but as for actual horror power you're not really that great, the other guys just haven't been pushing themselves very hard. Also, you can't summon an elder dragon, maybe a baby dragon, but nothing that strong.))

Ah! The moment has come at last! I will teach these mortals to love the night!
Announce my arrival with a partial solar eclipse and a showering of a great many plushies to show that not everything about me is fear and trembling.

Cultists:
65 - Take Lucius somewhere out of the way, preferably as a peace offering to the Mad Matron. He is a kid after all...
25 assassins and 15 normals - Attack those who insult my great horsiness! (Attack the Plague Doctor)

[1] You can't seem to move the moon into the right place and accidentally flood your cave with the tides... whoops... The plushies don't solve much, but plenty of people try to hug you when you arrive... (cave base flooded out).
cultists:
[3] They carry the small boy to the nearest mother figure you can think of, the Mad Matron. But they get lost and defer to Lucius to lead them back (Lucius takes 25 cultists)
[3] the assassins kill off a few of Plague doctor's cultists with their poison darts, but your normal guys just get slaughtered trying to attack Plague doctor's gelatinous body (-15 cultists, killed 15 PD cultists).

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2015, 02:23:34 pm »

((Oh, OK then, Would 4-5 Mountain Giants be out of the question?))

Me: Make some Magical Artifacts and Potions and Give them to the Wizards! Afterwards Summon a few Mountain Giants and catch up on Pop Culture!
Mountain Giants: Advertise The Fantasy Store!
((If I can't summon Mountain Giants I replace them with around a Dozen Ogres.))
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:59:04 pm by Ardent Debater »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2015, 03:20:30 pm »

((It is if you're adding all that shit as well, one action per group per turn. Though I will let you cue up for another turn if you want... of right, end of turn.))

End of turn 9.
Nightmare - 65 cultists, 25 assassin cultists, flooded cave base with flame thrower defenses, 15 drowsy inquisitors, 50 inquisitors, inquisitors active, secured Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies, glorious presence, has been summoned, Lucius (4), 25 lucuis' cultists, plushies distributed, plushie market flooded
Carl Yelvin - 145 cultists, 25 chosen, 20 minotaurs, 40 scrap golems, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, summoned
Plauge Doctor - 10 plagued cultists, 25 inquisitors, inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (7), 20 chosen of Jeff, has been summoned, people will sometimes refuse treatment for plague, escaped Jeff for now
Mad matron - 15 silly looking inquisitors, inquisitors active, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, has been summoned, Moderately wounded Paul (4), 45 Paul's cultists, lightly wounded

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2015, 05:18:27 pm »

Recruit more people.
[5] You do a superb job bringing people to your side. And by "bring" I of course mean "force with psychological manipulation", and by "to your side" I mean "under your command" (+100 cultists).

Paul's cultists:
[4] They successfully tell Paul to do a thing. (Paul will do a thing... I guess...)
Paul: do the thing
[6] Paul rolls off with all his pineappley might to go after this "Plague Doctor" and/or his cultists. This proves to be unwise as he gets himself covered in plague ilk which will infect those he touches. He also gets a little battered up on the way, negating his regen. (Paul is now a plague carrier, no heal this turn).

Inquisitors: recruit
[4] They manage to get people to join them despite their silly appearance (+25 cultists).

((Oh, OK then, Would 4-5 Mountain Giants be out of the question?))

Me: Make some Magical Artifacts and Potions and Give them to the Wizards! Afterwards Summon a few Mountain Giants and catch up on Pop Culture!
Mountain Giants: Advertise The Fantasy Store!
((If I can't summon Mountain Giants I replace them with around a Dozen Ogres.))

[3] You summon some low level magic stuff from the world you got sent to all those centuries ago. It's not much, but it's more than you had before. You also manage to bring some potions out, they are too small to work on you anymore, but they should keep your magically tuned cultists and minions alive a bit longer than otherwise. (gained 20x magic staff, gained 10x healing potion).
Minions:
Giants: [irrelevant] They can't do anything because they were never summoned because you can only summon so much.
Minotaurs: [4] They guard as well as can be expected for a bunch of literally bull-headed dudes. (minotaurs guarding cultists).
Golems: [6] There's not really anything they can do to make the cultists learn besides be test subjects. They can do that. (-15 golems).
Cultists:
Chosen: [6] they push the cultists to learn as hard as they can while the cultists scramble to carry out your other orders. Several cultists die from the lessons and the frustrated wizards, but you manage to get a few more wizards (10 wizards made, -50 cultists in addition).
the rest: [1] They fail to you find another orb of stalwart and misplace the one you already have. Whoops (lost access to orb of stalwart 3)
[6] They set up a grand shop and business is booming. They sell all your artifacts for tons of money and hire a few new employees/cultists (-20 magic staff, -10 healing potions, +a bunch of money, +15 cultists).

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2015, 07:00:17 pm »

Summon the nightmares of Carl Yelvin's cultists.
Cultists: Divert the Inquisitor's attention.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2015, 05:02:25 am »

Recruit more by being huggable!
Cultists:
Assassins: Assassinate Lucius.
Normal: Unflood the base.
I do stuff, I guess