Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215469 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running
« Reply #210 on: March 31, 2015, 07:11:01 am »

It's times like these where I wish I was summoned during The Dark Ages...
Alright, all I have are ten dying cultists, a diseased lung, and ten people who might develop lung cancer on my side.
Time to fix that.

Me: Recruit people around the world under the guise of being inquisitors to other horrors instead of wanting to destroy the world!
Cultists: Spread the plague, I dunno.
Paul and co: Make the nightmare horse feel bad about killing my poor, innocent bringers of doom!... I mean, if you're still alive?

[6] Paul rolls off with all his pineappley might to go after this "Plague Doctor" and/or his cultists. This proves to be unwise as he gets himself covered in plague ilk which will infect those he touches. He also gets a little battered up on the way, negating his regen. (Paul is now a plague carrier, no heal this turn).
[3] the assassins kill off a few of Plague doctor's cultists with their poison darts, but your normal guys just get slaughtered trying to attack Plague doctor's gelatinous body (-15 cultists, killed 15 PD cultists).
((DON'T MESS WITH THE BIG SCARY PLAGUE DOCTOR GUY WHO IS INTENT ON ENDING THE WORLD VIA A GLOBAL PANDEMIC

JUST SAYING))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 31, 2015, 09:02:30 am »

Me: Summon Many Dwarves
Wizards: Preform Spells to convert Cultists
50 Cultists: Look for the Orb of Stalwart
Rest of the Cultists: Attempt to find a Large Mountain
Golems: Also Recruit Cultists
Minotaurs: Again, Recruit Cultists
Dwarves: Start up a Fortress

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 31, 2015, 09:29:10 am »

((DON'T MESS WITH THE BIG SCARY PLAGUE DOCTOR GUY WHO IS INTENT ON ENDING THE WORLD VIA A GLOBAL PANDEMIC

JUST SAYING))
((I'M THE BIG CUTE SCARY HORSE NIGHT THING!))
I do stuff, I guess

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2015, 10:06:45 am »

Recruit more by being huggable!
Cultists:
Assassins: Assassinate Lucius.
Normal: Unflood the base.

[6] You make yourself as huggable as possible and get several new recruits. Alas, you get some haters too who say you're too childish. Ironically, these are mostly younger people, the older ones like huggable Nightmare (+60 cultists, +25 inquisitors)
cultists:
[4] They succeed in attacking Lucius, but their poison is ineffective because he's a horror and not a human. They still attack him, but it's far less useful due to their few numbers (Lucius lightly wounded, -12 assassin cultists).
[4] They work to carry water out of the base and get enough out to use the base again, but another flood will likely ruin everything if you don't install a drain (cave base useable)
Lucius: Bring the light back home
[5] He leads his merry band of cultists back to the base, and discovers you've flooded everything. He summons the power of the sun to dry out some of your stuff because he feels like doing you a favor (cave base dry)
L. cultists: learn Lucius' ways
[6] Some of them learn the path of light. Others find themselves burned (15 lucius chosen, -10 L. cultists).

Inquisitors: Strike quickly, attack Nightmare while she's outside the base
[5] They strike quickly and with surprising ferocity, tearing at your hide with their hands and escaping without too much damage. Luckily due to your physique they don't do too much damage. (Lightly wounded, no damage to inquisitors)

It's times like these where I wish I was summoned during The Dark Ages...
Alright, all I have are ten dying cultists, a diseased lung, and ten people who might develop lung cancer on my side.
Time to fix that.

Me: Recruit people around the world under the guise of being inquisitors to other horrors instead of wanting to destroy the world!
Cultists: Spread the plague, I dunno.
Paul and co: Make the nightmare horse feel bad about killing my poor, innocent bringers of doom!... I mean, if you're still alive?

[6] Paul rolls off with all his pineappley might to go after this "Plague Doctor" and/or his cultists. This proves to be unwise as he gets himself covered in plague ilk which will infect those he touches. He also gets a little battered up on the way, negating his regen. (Paul is now a plague carrier, no heal this turn).
[3] the assassins kill off a few of Plague doctor's cultists with their poison darts, but your normal guys just get slaughtered trying to attack Plague doctor's gelatinous body (-15 cultists, killed 15 PD cultists).

JUST SAYING))
((seems like the thing to do honestly, since you'll probably bring the pandemic regardless of who's there))
[6] You put on a human mask and pretend to be the good guy for once. Your acting is so effective that people join all the inquisitions, even your own (+25 inquisitors to all, +25 cultists).
Cultists:
[5] They run through towns infecting dozens more people, who in turn infect dozens more. There are now about 150 infected peoples around. (150 plagued civilians).
Paul: Jeff: ((Paul's not your horror even if he does carry your plague))
[5] Jeff does a thing!
[1] Terribly, he can't get back to his old buddy and ends up even more lost (Jeff even more lost).
Jeff's cultists: use smoke signals to get help
[6] They send up a bunch of smoke to get attention. It's not necessarily the kind they wanted (Can find Jeff and co., Inquisitors active)

Mad Matron heals
End of turn 10.
score:
Nightmare - 125 cultists, 13 assassin cultists, cave base with flame thrower defenses, 15 drowsy inquisitors, 100 inquisitors, inquisitors active, secured Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies, glorious presence, has been summoned, Lucius (3), 15 lucuis' chosen, Lucius lightly wounded, plushies distributed, plushie market flooded, lightly wounded
Carl Yelvin - 100 cultists, 35 chosen, 20 minotaurs, 25 scrap golems, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, summoned, 25 inquisitors
Plauge Doctor - 10 dying cultists, 25 cultists, 50 inquisitors, inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (6), 20 chosen of Jeff, has been summoned, people will sometimes refuse treatment for plague, escaped Jeff for now but can find him, inquisitors active, 150 plagued civilians
Mad matron - 100 cultists, 15 silly looking inquisitors, 50 inquisitors, inquisitors active, Inquisitors have liquid nitrogen, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, has been summoned, Moderately wounded Paul (3), Paul carries the plague, 45 Paul's cultists

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2015, 10:13:02 am »

Do an eclipse as a show of power.
Cultists:
Recruit!
Assassins:
Assassinate inquisitors
I do stuff, I guess

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2015, 11:47:20 am »

Summon the nightmares of Carl Yelvin's cultists.
Cultists: Divert the Inquisitor's attention.
[3] You summon the nightmares of CY's cultists, and they now believe there are 50 inquisitors surrounding them. In the panic, some minions and cultists get killed (-2 minotaurs, -10 cultists, -3 golems).
cultists:
[3] They manage to get the attention of the inquisitors off you temporarily. They will focus on the cultists for the next turn.
Paul: Make friends with the inquisitors
[5] He does an outstanding job convincing the cultists that they are doing things wrong (inquisitors now cultists of Paul).
P. cultists: wash the plague off of Paul
[5] They manage to clean Paul's hide without anyone getting infected (Paul no longer carrying plague).

Inquisitors: do a thing
[irrelevant] They are now Paul's cultists, why would they do a thing?

Me: Summon Many Dwarves
Wizards: Preform Spells to convert Cultists
50 Cultists: Look for the Orb of Stalwart
Rest of the Cultists: Attempt to find a Large Mountain
Golems: Also Recruit Cultists
Minotaurs: Again, Recruit Cultists
Dwarves: Start up a Fortress

[2] You start to summon dwarves, but then realize that a bunch of short, bearded drunks probably wouldn't help you in any way and decide that resting would be a better use of your time.
cultists:
[1] They accidentally cast disintegration instead. Whoops. (-50 cultists).
[5] They find two Orbs of Stalwart, what luck! Now you can summon extra support!
[3] They locate a small hill... that's kind of like a mountain, right?
Minions:
[4] Your golems use gestures to communicate with strangers and get them to join you (+25 cultists).
[2] They spend an hour bellowing and stomping without accomplishing anything.
[no roll] The dwarves don't exist, so they have a lot of trouble making a fortress.

Do an eclipse as a show of power.
Cultists:
Recruit!
Assassins:
Assassinate inquisitors

[1] You accidentally flood your base again. Dammit! (cave base flooded)
cultists:
[3] They pull in some recruits from all over. They decide to be selective and only bring in half as many, with no benefits as far as you can tell (+50 cultists).
[3] They manage to kill off some of the inquisitors, but mostly just miss (-6 inquisitors).
Lucius: try to heal yourself with light
[irrelevant] He can't heal himself with light, that would be silly.
L. cultists: patch up Lucius
[6] They wrap the bandages too tight, he can't move next turn (Lucius now uninjured).

Inquisitors: Get real weapons this time
[1] They find nothing, and several of them quit in frustration (drowsy inquisitors left).

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2015, 02:29:26 pm »

Me: Summon Several Dozen Minotaurs
Minotaurs, Wizards, Scrap Golems And 50 Cultists: Attack Nightmare's Cult
10 Cultists: Train to Be Wizards
5 Wizards: Guard my Delicate Face
Any Left-Over Cultists: Set-Up Youtube Videos of me Summoning Minoutaurs to Recruit More Cultists

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2015, 05:05:16 pm »

Send Carl Yelvin's cultists into a blind rage, against their parents.
20 cultists: Recruit The rest: Find a base.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2015, 09:28:20 pm »

((GODDAMNIT WHY DO I KEEP CONFUSING THEM
ONE IS A PINEAPPLE AND ONE IS A SMOKING LUNG
GET IT RIGHT BRAIN)

Alright, I have followers. few, but I will likely gain more soon.
Me: Physically walk to each of the inquisitors and STAMP ON THEIR PUNY BODIES.
Cultists: Get the people who think antibiotics are evil and get them to join "a righteous campaign against the evils of modern medicine"!
(ie; recruit them)
Plagued: Judging from how long the last guys lived, you should be dead right now.
If not, Spread disease on Carl's followers!
Jeff, not Paul goddamnit: Are you still there? He might have died prematurely from lung cancer...
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2015, 05:37:41 am »

Summon an eclipse again dammit.

Cultists:
Start promoting the big nightmare horse thing to the leaders of the world.
Assassins
Assassinate inquisitors.
I do stuff, I guess

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2015, 02:09:07 pm »

((GODDAMNIT WHY DO I KEEP CONFUSING THEM
ONE IS A PINEAPPLE AND ONE IS A SMOKING LUNG
GET IT RIGHT BRAIN)

Alright, I have followers. few, but I will likely gain more soon.
Me: Physically walk to each of the inquisitors and STAMP ON THEIR PUNY BODIES.
Cultists: Get the people who think antibiotics are evil and get them to join "a righteous campaign against the evils of modern medicine"!
(ie; recruit them)
Plagued: Judging from how long the last guys lived, you should be dead right now.
If not, Spread disease on Carl's followers!
Jeff, not Paul goddamnit: Are you still there? He might have died prematurely from lung cancer...

((It's ok, everyone wants Paul on their side))
[6] You bring the fight to the inquisitors, striking them with your mighty feet while crossing through them. They fight back and deal some damage, but are ultimately their meager numbers are crushed (-50 inquisitors, lightly wounded).
cultists:
[3] They get some crazy people to say that medicine is evil. It's not as effective as you thought it would be, stupid humans and their politics. Still, it does sway some people.
Well, the plagued guys are on death's door now, so they can still take one action:
[6] They spread the plague to Carl Yelvin's cultists, infecting 2 people apiece before being punched to death (-10 dying cultists, 20 CY cultists plagued).
Jeff: [5] He gets to do a thing
[3] Yes, Jeff is still here, and he's nearly found his way back to you (he now has 5 turns before his death, it's the number next to his name in the score list)
J cultists: find your way home
[1] They get lost again, and lead Jeff back into the woods. Whoops.

Night mare and Paul heal.
End turn 11.
Score:
Nightmare - 175 cultists, 13 assassin cultists, flooded cave base with flame thrower defenses, 94 inquisitors, inquisitors active, secured Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies, glorious presence, has been summoned, Lucius (2), 15 lucuis' chosen, plushies distributed, plushie market flooded
Carl Yelvin - 45 cultists, 20 plagued cultists, 35 chosen, 18 minotaurs, 22 scrap golems, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, access to orb of Stalwart 4, access to orb of stalwart 5, summoned, 25 inquisitors
Plauge Doctor - 25 cultists, inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (5), 20 chosen of Jeff, has been summoned, people will sometimes refuse treatment for plague, escaped Jeff for now, inquisitors active, 150 dying civilians, lightly wounded
Mad matron - 100 cultists, Inquisitors have liquid nitrogen, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, has been summoned, Lightly wounded Paul (2), 110 Paul's cultists

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2015, 02:46:16 pm »

((What about The Cultist Attack?))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2015, 03:00:15 pm »

((What about The Cultist Attack?))
((What cultist attack? His inquisitors are dead and nobody ordered an attack...))

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2015, 04:03:04 pm »

Any Left-Over Cultists: Set-Up Youtube Videos of me Summoning Minoutaurs to Recruit More Cultists

((That one.))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 01, 2015, 06:19:17 pm »

((That one.))
((That's this turn's action, you already went on the turn that just ended, be patient... also, you might want to update it given the recent infecting of your cultists with the plague...))

Send Carl Yelvin's cultists into a blind rage, against their parents.
20 cultists: Recruit The rest: Find a base.
[1] You can't get connected to their minds, curses! And now you have a headache! (horror misses next turn)
cultists:
[2] They can't print enough flyers to hand out and cancel the recruitment
[6] They find a base, and excellent base! Only 2 problems: 1) It's full of water 2) It's currently owned by Nightmare
Paul: make more friends!
[2] He can't get your cultists to join his cult, whether because of loyalty or fear they refuse to say.
P. cultists: Build Paul a base
[2] They can't find enough materials for a base.

Summon an eclipse again dammit.

Cultists:
Start promoting the big nightmare horse thing to the leaders of the world.
Assassins
Assassinate inquisitors.

[1] You accidentally flood the warehouse where you keep all your plushies. No! Where will people get their exposure to Nightmare now?1?!? (plushie warehouse flooded)
cultists:
[4] They go around holding parades and sending letters to all the world leaders telling them how awesome you are. Surprisingly, the letters aren't immediately sent back, so presumably they've been taken and read (known to the government).
[4] They kill several more inquisitors with no risk to themselves. Boy, it sure would be useful if you had more assassins, if only there was some way to do that (-13 inquisitors)
Lucius: contemplate the meaning of power
[6] He spends so long thinking about how to make himself stronger that he misses his opportunity to tell you about it.
L cultists: turn other cultists to the way of light
[5] they do an extremely good job, turns out it's easier to convince people to do things when those things are actually in their best interest (30 cultists to Lucius).
Inquisitors: Attack Nightmare while she's exposed!
[3] They manage to attack you and deal some damage, but the results were probably not worth the price in blood (lightly injured, -50 inquisitors)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 121