Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215371 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #360 on: April 18, 2015, 09:05:44 pm »

I also changed my character sheet, it's on page 18.
Fine, but anyone else who's changed their character sheet had better say so now or learn to live with the old version.

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 19, 2015, 12:05:02 am »

((Actions in bold please, in case you're ignoring other people's actions))
[4] You recruit a bunch of people, who apparently have no problem following a giant flying rock. (+75 cultists)
((Ah, missed that, thanks.))
Koshu: recruit additional cultists
75 cultists: recruit additional cultists
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 19, 2015, 12:14:06 am »

Ah, the ancient times... It was a wonderful time back then, before the Persians arrived...

Me: Stupefy my followers with first-hand tales of ancient egypt! Then ask them If they would like to be given the powers of the dead! If so, grant them their wish. Afterwards, try to recruit some more, I guess.
50 cultists: Spread the word to those who are fed up with the current world and want to make it into something better, offer recruitment!
Rest of em: Begin searching for this "Orb of Stalwart" thing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:58:43 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 19, 2015, 12:24:49 am »

Ah, the ancient times... It was a wonderful time back then, before the Persians arrived...

Me: Stupefy my followers with first-hand tales of ancient egypt! Then ask them If they would like to be given the powers of the dead! If so, grant them their wish.
50 cultists: Spread the word to those who are fed up with the current world and want to make it into something better, offer recruitment!
Rest of em: Begin searching for this "Orb of Stalwart" thing.

((Even with 2 power and a specific power dedicated to it, you can't give your followers powers until you've been summoned, sorry. If it's any consolation, they'll be super powerful once you get summoned and grant the powers.))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 19, 2015, 02:52:13 am »

Try recruiting waitresses and barflies again. Summon a feast.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 19, 2015, 08:20:42 am »

you appear to have skipped me so I want 2 actions (I did put up my command but maybe you missed it, or did I miss your comment?) :
1.get cultists 2.if I got some put up "I can haz minion" posters of me in the local campus. otherwise retry 1.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:05:42 am by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 19, 2015, 08:54:39 am »

((He didn't post your action because you haven't posted your action yet, and because the turn isn't done yet. It's not done until he posts the statuses of everyone; he just did our actions first to get us out of the way.))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 19, 2015, 09:04:59 am »

I distinctly remember posting it, twice. 3 times now. I also remember the first time he said that I couldn't be specific about who I recruit so posted the second time.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 19, 2015, 09:41:55 am »

I distinctly remember posting it, twice. 3 times now. I also remember the first time he said that I couldn't be specific about who I recruit so posted the second time.
Were those supposed to be actions? I hadn't even ended that last game yet! You get one action per turn, and the turn's not over until I post "End of turn (number)". When I say you can't be specific I actually meant it wouldn't make a real difference, maybe for the flavor text, but they would still be the same scrubs that anyone can hire in terms of success rate and results.

you appear to have skipped me so I want 2 actions (I did put up my command but maybe you missed it, or did I miss your comment?) :
1.get cultists
It's still turn 1, ya nutbar, you haven't been skipped except that I wasn't accepting commands yet.
[3] You go on lolcats and find a bunch of people to join you. Not as many as you would like, but a lot more than your should probably need immediately (+100 cultists)

Other guys: recruit (because it's turn 1 and what else are you gonna do?)
TROG: [6] You somehow convince people to join you in spite of your goals, however some saner people rally against you (+50 cultists, +30 inquisitors).
Smiley: [2] Can't seem to reach the mortal plane... odd, must be some psychic interference.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 19, 2015, 11:02:33 am »

I posted my action early because I was impatient also I was thinking that trained professionals would have smaller failures and bigger successes? for example if I have some scrap and tell some normal guys to make weapons out of it they might end up dead with a 1 while trained professionals may just waste the scrap. And if I ask them to make a base the average joes may make a bunker while the trained professionals may put some missile turrets on it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:08:05 am by Evonix »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 19, 2015, 11:20:52 am »

Smiley's gotta recruit y'know
Although her main goal is to recruit everyone on the planet, in theory,  and also get rid of all these evil people things. Gotta have people to do that.
thincake

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 19, 2015, 11:33:14 am »

just make sure you see the edit for what my first turn is and my character i changed it a few times along with my character and no i didn't change it after the game started.
PLEEEEAAASE
Don't worry, I went and found the changed version of your character sheet and posted it. As long as you're sure on your action before I start doing the rolls you're fine, but I wouldn't rely too much on being able to change your action once the game gets going if I were you.

the one i found that you posted isn't up to date my character sheet is on page 21 sorry about this but this final version is alot mote orderly and it's my favourite.
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 19, 2015, 11:36:07 am »

Me: turn a house sized boulder into carp and use this as a show of power to recruit more cultists
75 starving cultist's: EAT THE CAAAAARRRRRP 
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 19, 2015, 11:39:37 am »

just make sure you see the edit for what my first turn is and my character i changed it a few times along with my character and no i didn't change it after the game started.
PLEEEEAAASE
Don't worry, I went and found the changed version of your character sheet and posted it. As long as you're sure on your action before I start doing the rolls you're fine, but I wouldn't rely too much on being able to change your action once the game gets going if I were you.

the one i found that you posted isn't up to date my character sheet is on page 21 sorry about this but this final version is alot mote orderly and it's my favourite.
I'm on 30 posts per page, I only have 15 pages on the thread and have no idea what page you're referring to, but I'll search for it if it's that important

Edit: seriously, you have me look up and change the character sheet so you can make the cod joke canon? I've gone out of the way for a joke before, but this is a little much, hope you can live with it now because I'm not changing it again.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 19, 2015, 11:46:22 am »

I posted my action early because I was impatient also I was thinking that trained professionals would have smaller failures and bigger successes? for example if I have some scrap and tell some normal guys to make weapons out of it they might end up dead with a 1 while trained professionals may just waste the scrap. And if I ask them to make a base the average joes may make a bunker while the trained professionals may put some missile turrets on it.
If there was a real difference like that then you would recruit significantly fewer of the "professionals" than you could the normal guys, and since "professional" is such a vague term I could easily say that they are professional bakers or something and have no idea how to build a bunker. You can always train your standard guys and will probably end up with a lot more competent workers a lot faster than trying to recruit them directly, but keep in mind that's an extra dice roll and they might get frustrated and leave (not everyone exits cultism in a coffin).

For this specific example, I would be a little more lenient on "making" weapons than "acquiring" weapons since you're not stealing them from a nameless source, you're using stuff you've got, but you would be limited by the resources you're using, for example broken glass or chunks of metal would only be useful for light weaponry, but if you've got a bunch of black powder you could make explosives (albeit at the risk of destroying your peons and possibly your base).

No reason to delay this:

End of turn 1.
Score:
Unescargot: 100 cultists
Tavern wench: 30 inquisitors
TROG: 50 cultists, 30 inquisitors
Anthaju: 75 cultists
Koshu: 75 cultists
Rabe: 100 cultists
CARP: 50 starving cultists
Rosabel: Nothing
Chronosian guard: 1 suspect detained