Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 214546 times)

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #375 on: April 19, 2015, 11:46:38 am »

just make sure you see the edit for what my first turn is and my character i changed it a few times along with my character and no i didn't change it after the game started.
PLEEEEAAASE
Don't worry, I went and found the changed version of your character sheet and posted it. As long as you're sure on your action before I start doing the rolls you're fine, but I wouldn't rely too much on being able to change your action once the game gets going if I were you.

the one i found that you posted isn't up to date my character sheet is on page 21 sorry about this but this final version is alot mote orderly and it's my favourite.
I'm on 30 posts per page, I only have 15 pages on the thread and have no idea what page you're referring to, but I'll search for it if it's that important

Edit: seriously, you have me look up and change the character sheet so you can make the cod joke canon? I've gone out of the way for a joke before, but this is a little much

I am REEEAAAALLY sorry but i agree with my brother (evonix) the character sheet you have looks a bit like insane rambling and I got the abilities right though making the cod joke canon was only JUUUUUUST 75% of the reason  ;D

p.s. how do i change it to thirty post's per page? that sounds better than whatever i have.
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 19, 2015, 11:53:48 am »

~snip~

I am REEEAAAALLY sorry but i agree with my brother (evonix) the character sheet you have looks a bit like insane rambling and I got the abilities right though making the cod joke canon was only JUUUUUUST 75% of the reason  ;D

p.s. how do i change it to thirty post's per page? that sounds better than whatever i have.
Go to profile > look and layout > messages to display per page
I actually have it set at 25, which is the closest to 30 you can get from the drop down list

Edit: also, you made a character entirely based on carp, with the word carp making up about 50% of the description, insane rambling is sort of a given

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 19, 2015, 12:04:11 pm »

Me: Recrute
50 Cultists: Put up "I can haz minion posters" with an artist's depiction (I'm not here yet so they can't take an actual photo of me) of me in the local college.
50 Cultists: Found the extradimensional kitten party and put me in the running for president.

Does Smiley come from the same place as Big Dog?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:56:20 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 19, 2015, 01:30:40 pm »

50 cultists: Recruit more cultists, promising once I have been summoned that rain will be brought to California.
Me: Whisper into the minds of wealthy humans in California, recruiting them for the cause.
50 other cultists: Start social media campaign alerting everybody to the dangers of CARP.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 19, 2015, 02:17:27 pm »

I don't know where Smiley's from. She might be.
Recruit followers, telling them of my plans for the preservation of their world. I can't let these fiends kill off this beautiful planet.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 19, 2015, 03:12:46 pm »

Koshu: recruit additional cultists
75 cultists: recruit additional cultists

Recruiting is all counted as one action I'm afraid... oh dear...
[1] As it turns out, some people aren't big fans of the whole "psychic flying obelisk" thing. So many people were working to spread the word that more heard there was chaos to wrought (+45 inquisitors).

Ah, the ancient times... It was a wonderful time back then, before the Persians arrived...

Me: Stupefy my followers with first-hand tales of ancient egypt! Then ask them If they would like to be given the powers of the dead! If so, grant them their wish. Afterwards, try to recruit some more, I guess.
50 cultists: Spread the word to those who are fed up with the current world and want to make it into something better, offer recruitment!
Rest of em: Begin searching for this "Orb of Stalwart" thing.

Tales: [6] They are enamored with the stories until you get to the parts about slave labor and god-kings. Apparently that's not an accepted thing anymore, whoops.
Recruit: [5] You and your followers do an excellent job calling for support from the populace of the local area. Many join you in... trying to bring back ancient egypt? Well, nobody said it was a good plan, but they'll support you in it regardless (+250 cultists)
Orb: [4] They manage to find the Orb of Stalwart you described for them... damn, that thing's big, there's no way these guys can bring it back alone... (Orb of Stalwart 1 found).

Try recruiting waitresses and barflies again. Summon a feast.
[5] You manage to recruit many sad bar-folk to your cause, and have enough time left over to summon a feast. The feast doesn't really do anything. But they appreciate it. (+200 cultists)

Me: turn a house sized boulder into carp and use this as a show of power to recruit more cultists
75 starving cultist's: EAT THE CAAAAARRRRRP 

Power: [5] You use your power to turn rocks into fish for your cultists to eat. More join your cause as a result, and there's just enough to go around. (+25 cultists, cultists no longer starving, cultists have a bunch of fish)

Me: Recrute
50 Cultists: Put up "I can haz minion posters" with an artist's depiction (I'm not here yet so they can't take an actual photo of me) of me in the local college.
50 Cultists: Found the extradimensional kitten party and put me in the running for president.

Does Smiley come from the same place as Big Dog?
((No, if I remember correctly big dog's planet didn't have any dirt or grass, which was the biggest reason he wanted to leave))
[6] You get many to join you, but some haters arise due to your immense popularity. (+150 cultists, +30 inquisitors)
[5] They make excellent pictures of you, they almost look exactly like you with a little kitten smile, resisting the urge to give you a big cheshire cat grin, so that's good. (Posters put up)
[3] Well, election season isn't for three more years, but it's never too early right? (campaign for president started)

50 cultists: Recruit more cultists, promising once I have been summoned that rain will be brought to California.
Me: Whisper into the minds of wealthy humans in California, recruiting them for the cause.
50 other cultists: Start social media campaign alerting everybody to the dangers of CARP.

recruiting: [4] You successfully get some wealthy people to join the cause, your cultists manage to get a couple on their side as well (+50 cultists, +10 wealthy cultists)
media: [2] They can't seem to figure out where to start without seeming like a bunch of nutjobs talking about a fish god harassing a small African country.

I don't know where Smiley's from. She might be.
Recruit followers, telling them of my plans for the preservation of their world. I can't let these fiends kill off this beautiful planet.
[5] You recruit many and tell them of your plans. No secrets between this cultmaster and her followers, she's got nothing to hide (+200 cultists).

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 19, 2015, 03:20:16 pm »

Send 50 or so of my followers out to tell people they know about me. Heal a few followers of minor illnesses, injuries and the like. One must take care of others.
thincake

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 19, 2015, 03:39:16 pm »

Don't get ahead of yourself, grilla cockroach needs to go

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 19, 2015, 03:41:31 pm »

But I need to be absurdly nice to humans! :P
Anyhow, alright. Whoops. I take it there's an announcement when a turn is over?
thincake

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 19, 2015, 03:44:46 pm »

Yes, for example on the last turn he said end of turn one and gave a summary of what we have.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 19, 2015, 03:46:32 pm »

Ah, right. I'll just linger 'til then.
thincake

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 19, 2015, 03:51:57 pm »

Me: Whisper into the minds of some Californian politicians, promising them rain once I have been summoned.
100 cultists: Recruit more!
50 cultists, 5 wealthy cultists: Do research, trying to find the location of an Orb of Stalwart
5 other wealthy cultists: Fund and set up a website exposing the mysteries of a certain carp god thing, and recruiting inquisitors to attack it.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 19, 2015, 03:52:46 pm »

Ah, right. I'll just linger 'til then.
Yeah, I'm just gonna wait another hour or two in case Ardent Debater decides to show up, but he said earlier just to go after summoning supplies if he doesn't get back in time... Presumably because he knows I would just skip him if he left without giving any word :P

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 19, 2015, 04:11:54 pm »

Recruiting is all counted as one action I'm afraid... oh dear...
[1] As it turns out, some people aren't big fans of the whole "psychic flying obelisk" thing. So many people were working to spread the word that more heard there was chaos to wrought (+45 inquisitors).

Bugger. Ah, well.
Koshu and 75 cultists: recruit more cultists, especially engineers and those interested in space exploration.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 19, 2015, 05:34:50 pm »

Summon a feast right in the centre of the town, as a recruiting drive.
150 cultists: Run for local public office.
50 cultists: Attend the feast.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:44:14 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 121