Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215337 times)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #390 on: April 19, 2015, 05:41:02 pm »

since everybody seems to be posting early my turn is:
Me: Suggest to TROG's malleable mind that since carp make nice squishing sounds when you step on them then carp cultists would make nice squishing sounds too.
kitten party: Just so the elections are not for a while you can still get some political acumen.(50 cultists attempt to become cultists in high places or help the others in the group do so.)
100 Cultists: Look for scrap/scrapyard.
100 Cultists: If scrap/scrapyard is found build improvised weapons/repair vehicles in the scrapyard otherwise learn ninjutsu.

(have I counted cultists right? if I havent then take away a few from the groups of 100.) Also can you just get TROG's prepared turn to go?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:26:51 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 19, 2015, 06:59:34 pm »

Quote from: TROG
Turn cultists into neanderthals
Cultists: find Orb of Stalwart
[irrelevant] as hilarious as it would be to let you turn your cultists into a bunch of apes before you are able to be there to keep them from running wild, you can't give cultists power without being there
[4] They successfully find an Orb of Stalwart and write its location on a map (Orb of Stalwart 2 found)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2015, 07:11:18 pm »

So can you give a proper turn end summary?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 19, 2015, 07:33:42 pm »

So can you give a proper turn end summary?
Sure:

End of turn 2.
score:
Unescargot: 150 cultists, 10 wealthy cultists
Tavern wench: 200 cultists, 30 inquisitors
TROG: 50 cultists, 30 inquisitors, access to Orb of Stalwart 2
Anthaju: 325 cultists, access to Orb of Stalwart 1
Koshu: 75 cultists, 45 inquisitors
Rabe: 250 cultists, 30 inquisitors, posters put up, campaign for president started
CARP: 75 cultists, a bunch of fish
Rosabel: 200 cultists

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 19, 2015, 08:22:05 pm »

Who has not said their second turn?

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2015, 08:37:31 pm »

Who has not said their second turn?
Fairly sure we're on third turns now. Since we just got
End of turn 2.

This is my third turn:
Koshu and 75 cultists: recruit more cultists, especially engineers and those interested in space exploration.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2015, 08:45:22 pm »

What? No slave labor? No god-kings I can understand, we really were just bored and it escalated from there, but no slave labor? How do you get anything done?

Me: Try to mummify a few people from history that are notable for being good at fighting. If I cannot, then I will weigh the soul of the... Tavern Wench.
75 cultists: Try to find weapons. These weird assault rifles are apparently far better than my scimitars and spears.
50 cultists: Try to find the dragon blood plant!
100 cultists: Spread nasty messages about carp! Say it causes cancer. If I recall correctly people today are stupid and will believe anything.
Rest of 'em: Being allying with this "Trogdor" character. He seeks to reverse the world into a primal state, correct? See if we can set that point in history to the Egyptian times.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2015, 09:32:30 pm »

Send 50 or so of my followers out to tell people about me. Send another 50 out to look for one of these 'orbs of Stalwart'. Heal a few followers of minor illnesses, injuries and the like. One must take care of others.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2015, 09:42:01 pm »

Nobody? I counted 8 horrors on the second turn, or are you asking why I haven't started on the third turn actions yet?

Send 50 or so of my followers out to tell people they know about me. Heal a few followers of minor illnesses, injuries and the like. One must take care of others.
informing: [1] they put their description of you in the most awkward way you can imagine. Everyone thinks you're really weird and possibly nefarious. (bad PR)
healing: [3] You manage to comfort them while they recover but for some reason they don't seem to be getting bonus healing from you. Strange. (100 cultists slightly healthier)

Me: Whisper into the minds of some Californian politicians, promising them rain once I have been summoned.
100 cultists: Recruit more!
50 cultists, 5 wealthy cultists: Do research, trying to find the location of an Orb of Stalwart
5 other wealthy cultists: Fund and set up a website exposing the mysteries of a certain carp god thing, and recruiting inquisitors to attack it.

Recruiting: [1] Oh dear, you word the message wrong and the politicians think you're holding back the rain and they have to funnel resources to fighting you. You cultists don't fare much better, accidentally pissing off some of the homeless vagrants that are living in the area (+10 inquisitors in high places, +60 inquisitors)
researching: [5] They discover the location of not one, but two Orbs of Stalwart (Orb of Stalwarts 2 and 3 found).
ihatecarp.com: [5] They create a website and rally internet hate against the cod-shaped beast that is CARP. They raise awareness of the human sphere to the danger he poses and based on some previously almost unread articles about rocks in the congo spontaneously turning into fish, reveal it as his base of operations. They can't track him down, but they manage to convince some people to start taking action against him. A remarkable feat for a mere 5 people, but they do have extensive resources at their disposal (carp gains 20 inquisitors, and they activate, also ihatecarp.com has been made)

Koshu and 75 cultists: recruit more cultists, especially engineers and those interested in space exploration.

[5] You and your followers recruit excellently, bringing people who will likely help you onto your side. Some of them have technical knowledge, but it's not really that remarkable a feature (+300 cultists).

Summon a feast right in the centre of the town, as a recruiting drive.
150 cultists: Run for local public office.
50 cultists: Attend the feast.
Summon food/recruiting [1] Oops, you tried to give everyone a feast and gave them liver failure instead... tis the season for giving? Some people rally against this clearly dangerous monster (+15 inquisitors, inquisitors active)
politics [4] Their beer and mutton campaign gets them a start in the political game. They're not quite in high places, but some of them have authority, though since most of them live in the same area their opponents are mostly each other. (50 cultists now recognizable, 5 cultists now in high places)
feasting [1] They attend the feast and suddenly keel over from liver failure. (-50 cultists)

since everybody seems to be posting early my turn is:
Me: Suggest to TROG's malleable mind that since carp make nice squishing sounds when you step on them then carp cultists would make nice squishing sounds too.
kitten party: Just so the elections are not for a while you can still get some political acumen.(50 cultists attempt to become cultists in high places or help the others in the group do so.)
100 Cultists: Look for scrap/scrapyard.
100 Cultists: If scrap/scrapyard is found build improvised weapons/repair vehicles in the scrapyard otherwise learn ninjutsu.

(have I counted cultists right? if I havent then take away a few from the groups of 100.) Also can you just get TROG's prepared turn to go?
Um... talking I guess? [3] Not sure if that actually matters, but you get a faint whisper into his mind that tells him to do things. It doesn't actually have any psychic power behind it, but he receives the message. (TROG pointed in CARP's general direction)
cultists:
politics [2] They can't seem to get any clout in the political arena. It's a cutthroat world in politics and having pictures of a cute kitten isn't enough to win votes it seems.
scrapyard [5] They find a field full of rusted out junk and discarded metal they could use for various purposes, and since nobody owns it they can take as much as they want for free. (gained a bunch of metal)
forging [2] What, with their hands? They spend the whole day brainstorming ideas for how to make chunks of metal into weapons without tools, and end up losing all their time to actually do it. They don't tell you whether they came up with anything.

What? No slave labor? No god-kings I can understand, we really were just bored and it escalated from there, but no slave labor? How do you get anything done?

Me: Try to mummify a few people from history that are notable for being good at fighting. If I cannot, then I will weigh the soul of the... Tavern Wench.
75 cultists: Try to find weapons. These weird assault rifles are apparently far better than my scimitars and spears.
50 cultists: Try to find the dragon blood plant!
100 cultists: Spread nasty messages about carp! Say it causes cancer. If I recall correctly people today are stupid and will believe anything.
Rest of 'em: Being allying with this "Trogdor" character. He seeks to reverse the world into a primal state, correct? See if we can set that point in history to the Egyptian times.

Summon mummy [6] You resurrect all the strong guys: Judas, Brutus, Gaius Cassius Longinus, Guy Fawkes and Bendict Arnold (The irony of all these guys being born hundreds of years after the fall of your empire is not lost on you, though it does explain why you didn't see the next part coming). They turn on you upon being summoned. (+5 strong mummy inquisitors)
You don't have time to weight TW's soul, but it is probably a bit heavy given that she just killed at least 50 people (and those were just the ones working for her).
cultists:
wepins [4] They find some old (but still fairly recent, a bit better than swords) military gear and suit up (75 armed cultists).
dragon blood [2] They can't seem to find this plant. Maybe they would have better luck if they weren't searching in the desert.
ihatecarp.net [3] They go around saying things about carp that they would rather their mothers not read. Of course, they don't end up accomplishing as much as they would like since they are seen as trolls, but they manage to find this handy website where people are already hating on carp and post their stories there. (carp gains 50 inquisitors)
diplomacy [1] Oh dear, you probably should've proofread what they wrote to him (well, to his cultists), they tried to write it in an ancient scrawl and accidentally said some VERY rude things about his parentage. (diplomacy mega fail with TROG)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2015, 10:09:51 pm »

Such betrayal! Such a misuse of my gift! I gave you life, and you seek to end mine? This world makes me sick.
Me: Weigh the souls of the traitorous scum! I am certain they will find themselves regretting their decision.
Armed guys: Train yourselves in the use of these weapons; they seem complicated to use.
100 dudes: Make friends with the kitten! Not all might want to live in the desert, regrettably. As such, I need someone to be the face of my cult; someone that handles foreign affairs and the like, as you lot don't seem to be able to.
75 persons: Go hunt for the dragon blood! And understand that the desert really isn't a place where they would be likely to bloom!
Leftovers: Spread good word about me on this magical "internet" place.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2015, 11:46:39 pm »

[5] You and your followers recruit excellently, bringing people who will likely help you onto your side. Some of them have technical knowledge, but it's not really that remarkable a feature (+300 cultists).

((Thats 375 cultists total, correct?))

Turn 4:
Koshu and 100 cultists: build and (using Koshu's telekinesis) launch a small communications satellite, à la Sputnik-1.
75 cultists: improve PR. If the satellite launch is successful, use that to improve PR.
200 cultists: recruit.

then I will weigh the soul of the... Tavern Wench.
It occurs to me to point out that Koshu's soul is:
1. due to telekinesis effectively weightless,
2. in another dimension entirely,
3. prone to causing flaying storms of glass (sand is made of glass) when threatened.

Come to think of it, #2 applies to all not-yet-summoned horrors, so that probably wouldn't have worked anyway.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 20, 2015, 12:05:44 am »

It occurs to me to point out that Koshu's soul is:
1. due to telekinesis effectively weightless,
Your soul is...? Does that mean you are holding up your soul using telekinesis? How materialistic, appropriate for a flying rock. Not that I would want to weigh you anyway; your soul seems pure enough that it would be a waste of my time. Believe me, There are other ways I can tear you asunder if the situation calls.
carrot cakeu

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 20, 2015, 12:29:04 am »

Try to convince the inquisitors to leave us in peace, as the Tavern Wench is benevolent.
Cultists in high places: Talk about the need for free beer, and keeping bars open till early morning.
Recognisable cultists: Start an awareness campaign about the need for healthy food.
All other cultists: Be the campaign team for the cultists in high places, and get out the word of the Alcohol Party, and of the Tavern Wench.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:03:58 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2015, 12:50:52 am »

Turn 4?:
Curses.
Lightly chasten those 50 followers for their failure. Still, I suppose it wasn't their fault. I will allow them to attempt redemption.
50 cultists: Attempt to get my PR back up again.
Another 50 cultists: continue recruiting.
100 cultists, look for an 'Orb of Stalwart'.
thincake

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2015, 07:13:14 am »

Me: Fill the water in California with vicious dwarf fortress carp and tell politicians it was the cloud guy. and if they join me we can stop this fiend trying to dirty my good name.
Cultists: tell your friends how much food they can get if they join me also try to avoid guys who go on ihatecarp.com or ihatecarp.net

Turn four : (because people are posting that now) THIS IS OUTDATED Me ask people in poor countries if they have seen a large quartz sphere tell them I will give them carp if they tell me.
Carp: flail around comically to raise moral of cultists.
10 cultist: study why carp flailing is so funny with your new-found knowledge become jester cultist.
30 cultists: search for for dragon's blood flee and record the place if people start drinking it if not bring it back.
30 cultists: design saddles for giant carp about 2 meters and a half long.
5 cultist and half of any cultists gained in turn 3: start a smear campaign against ihatecarp.com say they are just jealous of all this free carp.
Half of any cultists gained in turn 3: found the extradimensional carp party and run for president wherever rabe is running for president.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:30:35 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 121