Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 214650 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 12:18:51 am »

Big Dog: seek more cultists, especially ones near the orb...

Cultists: relocate near the orb you have found.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 12:29:12 am »

ptw
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2015, 10:10:17 am »

Big Dog: seek more cultists, especially ones near the orb...

Cultists: relocate near the orb you have found.

[4] You successfully convince more cultists to join your cause, some of whom live near the orb (+100 cultists)

[2] Sadly, due to unforeseen traffic congestion, your other cultists can't get to the orb right now. At least nobody died this time.

End turn 5. Turn 6 begins.

Score:
Big Dog: 250 cultists
The Keeper: 70 cultists, 35 Inquisitors, 75 insane cultists (jailed)
Brok: 20 Inquisitors

RAGE. Earthquake volcano murder all of Big Dog's followers.
[6] You rend the plates of the Earth asunder and summon volcanoes on top of several hot spots of Big Dog's cult. Many of the survivors join the inquisition against you (BD -200 cultists, Brok +60 inquisitors).
((You totally have enough power to murder a few hundred once you are summoned, but from where you are 200 is about the max you could slaughter in a single turn. In the future, if you're being targeted you can take an action to protect your cultists, but BD doesn't have enough power to save more than a few dozen anyway so it would probably be better just to recruit more.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 10:17:43 am »

Big Dog: speak to the minds of personalities in mass media, weave my image and concept into the public consciousness.

Remaining cultists: try to get to the orb, yes? For real this time? You should live nearby, no?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:21:07 am by Harry Baldman »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2015, 11:00:57 am »

Same thing to my inquisitors. I will crush all who oppose me.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2015, 11:13:16 am »

Big Dog: speak to the minds of personalities in mass media, weave my image and concept into the public consciousness.

Remaining cultists: try to get to the orb, yes? For real this time? You should live nearby, no?

[3] You successfully get yourself into the media, now everyone keep dandelion plush toys and singing dandelion statues in their homes. However, it doesn't actually get you any more cultists, just a bunch of hype.

[1] The cultists, in their attempts to lift the colossal orb, get crushed to death (-20 cultists). ((I'll say you can spend a turn to teach your cultists some basic safety precautions if you're tired of losing them to stupid crap like this... well, maybe after you get some more...))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2015, 11:16:15 am »

Big Dog: sing through my likeness to the minds of the masses, entrench myself deeper into the psyche of all of developed humanity. Not to gain cultists specifically, but to simplify the acquisition of them in the future.

Remaining cultists: base yourselves around the orb, you buncha dumbasses. Prepare the summoning ritual.

"hey hey. keeper dude. mind joining forces. rule the world together."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:19:33 am by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2015, 11:38:03 am »

Imbue some people in high positions with the information that serving me will lead to their greatness, hoping that they would join me and their followers would follow

cultists: sane ones should try and convert more people, insane ones should try and break out of the asylum

"Why yes, flower. All I require are the stories of this world. The rest can be yours."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2015, 11:42:50 am »

"fantastic. i'll handle public relations. get you a bunch of cultists and an orb after i get summoned. you hold up the earthquake thing when it's doing something annoying. run damage control for now. i'm good with people, so i'll help with that."

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2015, 01:33:00 pm »

Imbue some people in high positions with the information that serving me will lead to their greatness, hoping that they would join me and their followers would follow

cultists: sane ones should try and convert more people, insane ones should try and break out of the asylum

"Why yes, flower. All I require are the stories of this world. The rest can be yours."
[5] You are exceedingly good at convincing the greedy politicians to help you, they await your orders (+10 cultists in high places)

[6] Your useful cultists try to hand out flyers to spread the word that the wise lizard will reveal the secrets of the world. They succeed in gaining a few recruits but also in getting the inquisitors' attention (+50 cultists, inquisitors activated).

[5] The asylum handlers cannot stop your stark raving mad cultists from getting out. They are no longer jailed, and managed to get some sharp things to stab with (+75 insane lightly armed cultists).

End of turn 6. Turn 7 begins.

score:
Big Dog: 10 cultists
Keeper: 120 cultists, 35 Active Inquisitors, 75 insane lightly armed cultists
Brok: 20 80 Inquisitors

Same thing to my inquisitors. I will crush all who oppose me.
[1] Your attempts to cause explosions on top of the inquisition give you a nasty headache. The slight rumbling causes them to start worrying about all this seismic activity, and they begin efforts to save people from them (inquisitors activated).

Big Dog: sing through my likeness to the minds of the masses, entrench myself deeper into the psyche of all of developed humanity. Not to gain cultists specifically, but to simplify the acquisition of them in the future.

Remaining cultists: base yourselves around the orb, you buncha dumbasses. Prepare the summoning ritual.

"hey hey. keeper dude. mind joining forces. rule the world together."
[6] Your song is graceful and wondrous, people are enamored by your image, but they think of you more as an adorable plant than as a master. Tee shirts with pictures of singing dandelions are now available at major retailers. Your cultists make sure to get some before taking their next action.

[1] The cultists dare each other to drink the dragon blood. They die (-10 cultists).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 01:43:43 pm »

Big Dog: speak into the minds of the people of the world, and give them an inkling of purpose... have them seek the orbs, as many as they can...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2015, 02:02:14 pm »

Okay, I really need some cultists. Try to browbeat my inquisitors into switching sides, and if they refuse, well the earthquakes are getting a bit stale so if they refuse enrage and buff all the beasts near them and make the beasts kill them.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 02:04:05 pm »

((Shouldn't Brok have 80 Active Inquisitors, though?))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2015, 02:08:49 pm »

((whoops, forgot to add the 60 guys from the volcano attack on your cultists, thanks for reminding me. They weren't active until this round though...))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »

Myself: animate skeletons of the inquisitors

Cultists: 10 cultists in high places: convert your underlings
             75 insane but lightly armed cultists: Go after the inquisitors
             remaining 35 110? cultists: convert more cultists, actually
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 02:55:45 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 121