Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215155 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2015, 03:23:50 pm »

Myself: animate skeletons of the inquisitors

Cultists: 10 cultists in high places: convert your underlings
             75 insane but lightly armed cultists: Go after the inquisitors
             remaining 35 cultists: convert more cultists, actually

Keeper: [4] You succeed in animating the skeletons of the inquisitors, should they die they will become zombies for all intents and purposes

Cultists: [6] The important guys are very persuasive and gain you more cultists. Some of their political opponents join the opposition (+100 cultists, +10 inquisitors in high places)
[6] The insane cultists strike with zealous fervor not seen outside of druggies and psychopaths. They slay all the normal cultists, but many end up getting themselves killed in the process, mostly due to being reckless (-35 inquisitors, +35 risen cultists, -50 insane armed cultists)
[6] They are very successful at handing out flyers and gaining more support, but some people are sour on the idea of learning (+50 cultists, +25 inquisitors)

Inquisitors: High places - recruit more
[5] They are extremely successful  at getting more ranks (+100 inquisitors)
the rest - train for battle
[4] The 25 inquisitors left train so they hopefully won't get butchered when the psychos come charging through. (25 trained inquisitors)

End of turn 7. Begin turn 8.

score:
Big Dog: Supplies to perform summoning, but no cultists
Keeper: 305 cultists, 25 trained inquisitors, 100 Active Inquisitors, 10 inquisitors in high places, 25 insane lightly armed cultists
Brok: 80 Active Inquisitors

Big Dog: speak into the minds of the people of the world, and give them an inkling of purpose... have them seek the orbs, as many as they can...
[2] You fail to get people's attention, they are too busy playing the Big Dog RPG on their Nintendo 3DSes

Okay, I really need some cultists. Try to browbeat my inquisitors into switching sides, and if they refuse, well the earthquakes are getting a bit stale so if they refuse enrage and buff all the beasts near them and make the beasts kill them.
[5] You are extremely convincing and manage to get some of the inquisitors to switch sides at the risk of being brutally murdered (-40 inquisitors, +40 cultists). ((with low appeal and taking from the inquisitor pool you don't get nearly as many cultists as you could have unfortunately))

[3] The animals in the area go wild and kill a few inquisitors, but mostly get scared off when the inquisitors start shouting and fighting back (-20 inquisitors)

Inquisitors: kill those turncoats!
[2] They are too freaked out about all those bears suddenly attacking to do anything.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2015, 03:33:20 pm »

Fascinating. See if I can work in information about the Orbs of Stalwart and the other mystical components into media about me, so that knowledge of them spreads among the populace.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2015, 03:45:07 pm »

myself: imbue as many inquisitors as possible with non-stop violent and horrible images, and the message that it will only stop should they kill themselves.

Cultist: 10 in high places: start a smear campaign against the inquisitors
            25 skeletons and 25 lightly armed insanos: gaurd the other cultists
            140 cultists: keep spreading the good word
            130 cultist :gather enough supplies and make 25 suicide-bomber vests

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2015, 04:09:03 pm »

myself: imbue as many inquisitors as possible with non-stop violent and horrible images, and the message that it will only stop should they kill themselves.

Cultist: 10 in high places: start a smear campaign against the inquisitors
            25 skeletons and 25 lightly armed insanos: gaurd the other cultists
            140 cultists: keep spreading the good word
            130 cultist :gather enough supplies and make 25 suicide-bomber vests

[4] You manage to wage extreme psychological warfare against the inquisitors, some take their lives immediately, but most are merely inconvenienced by the imagery popping into their heads (-50 cultists Inquisitors, remaining are now burdened). ((You must maintain this action to continue barraging them with images, you can't just have this running in the background I'm afraid))

[6] The Inquisitors have lost all credibility and cannot gain much support. However, your cultists are also less popular due to taking time out of their day to argue with them rather than ignoring them like everyone else.
[no roll unless combat] the undead and madmen will stick around the rest in case they need to do some fightin'
[2] Unfortunately, and possibly due to the recent loss in credibility, nobody wants to join your merry band of madness.
[5] They get enough supplies for the bomber vests and manage to assemble them in short order, just strap them on and soon you'll have a pile of unrevivable slag that used to be a person (ideally taking out some people from the other team as well).

Inquisitors: high places - try to be relevant
[6] They don't seem as crazy anymore, but they still seem like extremists that most don't want to join neither do your cultists.
other - get weapons
[6] They get nuclear weapons. Several die to radiation (-25 inquisitors, +nuke (Inquisitors)).

((I'll move the turn later, got stuff to do now))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2015, 04:39:50 pm »

Arm my cultists heavily.

Cult: Recruit more cult.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2015, 01:54:17 pm »

End turn 8. Begin turn 9.

score:
Big Dog: Supplies to perform summoning, but no cultists
Keeper: 305 cultists, 25 trained inquisitors, 25 Inquisitors, 10 inquisitors in high places, 25 insane lightly armed cultists, Inquisitors active, 25 suicide bomber vests, Inquisitors have a nuke
Brok: 40 cultists, 20 Inquisitors, Inquisitors active

Fascinating. See if I can work in information about the Orbs of Stalwart and the other mystical components into media about me, so that knowledge of them spreads among the populace.
[5] Everyone knows what the orbs of stalwart are now and exactly where  they are... or they would if you had the power to imbue knowledge. Instead they simply become inexplicably fixated upon the crystal orbs and start marking them out on maps and/or moving them to public museums where they will be easy to find in the future. (now everybody can get to the orbs, yay!)

Arm my cultists heavily.

Cult: Recruit more cult.

[6] You summon a nuclear missile for your minions to use. They can deal severe damage to another horror but it may be a bit overkill to use it on your 20 inquisitors. Since the nuke was summoned by you, you successfully warn them about the radiation before they all die, though a few were too eager and got irradiated anyway (+nuke, -20 minions).

[2] Somehow, the new signs that say "we have nukes" didn't get people to join your cult. Curses.

Inquisitors: Build a stronghold
[5] With great fervor the 20 inquisitors build a central base complete with charge breakers, metal doors and a bomb shelter. It will be much harder to attack them or steal from them now. (Inquisitors well fortified)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2015, 03:12:33 pm »

Ptw, And Maybe Join Later...

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2015, 03:50:32 pm »

Me: Whisper to the minds of mortals to gain more cultists

Cultists: Strap the suicide bomber vests on the 25 slightly insane ones, then have them suicide attack inquisitor places while shouting "hail to the gret Brok" "In the name of Brok" "Brok says ALLAHU SNACKBAR" and other Brok related slogans
             10 cultists in high places: recruit people
             105 cultists: loan these out to big dog
             200 cultists: train to become less shit overall

"Flower, I present to you these men and woman. A gift, for our future cooperation."

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2015, 04:21:55 pm »

Me: Whisper to the minds of mortals to gain more cultists

Cultists: Strap the suicide bomber vests on the 25 slightly insane ones, then have them suicide attack inquisitor places while shouting "hail to the gret Brok" "In the name of Brok" "Brok says ALLAHU SNACKBAR" and other Brok related slogans
             10 cultists in high places: recruit people
             105 cultists: loan these out to big dog
             200 cultists: train to become less shit overall

"Flower, I present to you these men and woman. A gift, for our future cooperation."
[4] You successfully convince people to join your book club (+75 cultists)

Suiciders: [4] They are successful in equipping and charging at the inquisitors during a meeting between the trained and standard inquisitors (the guys in high places were elsewhere). There isn't enough left to fill a coffee mug, so what they say is irrelevant (-25 insane lightly armed cultists, -25 suicide bomber vests, -25 Inquisitors, -25 trained Inquisitors)
high guys: [5] They are extremely convincing in their call to action and people swarm to join your cause (+150 cultists)
loaners: [no roll] These guys are now Big Dog's, to return when (or if) he sees fit. Due to not actually doing anything they don't screw anything up.
Other guys: [2] They fail to become less shit. But also they don't get any more shit. They are just as shit as they were before, basically.

Inquisitors in high places: recruit
[2] Nobody attended the speeches, they missed all the cookies (+nothing).

End turn 9. Begin turn 10.

score:
Big Dog: Supplies to perform summoning, 105 cultists (given by keeper)
Keeper: 350 cultists, 10 inquisitors in high places, Inquisitors active, Inquisitors have a nuke, presumably Big Dog's gratitude and Brok's hatred
Brok: 40 cultists, 20 Inquisitors, Inquisitors active, Inquisitors well fortified

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2015, 04:27:51 pm »

"thanks dude. these'll come in real handy soonish."

Have my new loaner cultists summon me, Big Dog, with the supplies secreted away and the orbs in relatively easy availability. Though their devotion may be cut-rate, their true test of quality is now,

Fill the world with fascination for dragon's blood as well.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2015, 04:40:36 pm »

"thanks dude. these'll come in real handy soonish."

Have my new loaner cultists summon me, Big Dog, with the supplies secreted away and the orbs in relatively easy availability. Though their devotion may be cut-rate, their true test of quality is now,

Fill the world with fascination for dragon's blood as well.

loaned cultists: [1] They've never seen this mysterious red kool-aid before and some take a sip (-50 cultists)

You: [5] The alternative medicine world has taken an interest in this "dragon blood" orchid and start making medicine out of it. Due to lack of regulation thousands die and a whole political fiasco fiasco begins, resulting in some minor politicians taking the "Dragon blood challenge" to gain popularity and prove it isn't dangerous. It still is (-10 all people belonging to other horrors, assuming your cultists learned their lesson). Luckily this disaster means that dragon blood is readily available whenever you need it (Dragon blood can now be acquired cheaply at all major retailers, yay!).

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2015, 06:30:10 pm »

Arm my cultists with some non-nuclear weapons, like tanks and guns and stuff. Try to create a surplus, so I can arm any new cultists I get.

Cultists: Keep trying to recruit some more mercenaries, anarchists, terrorists, or anyone else who is willing to fight.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2015, 06:52:16 pm »

Arm my cultists with some non-nuclear weapons, like tanks and guns and stuff. Try to create a surplus, so I can arm any new cultists I get.

Cultists: Keep trying to recruit some more mercenaries, anarchists, terrorists, or anyone else who is willing to fight.

[1] You try to create more weapons and accidentally turn all your cultists into sparrows. They fly away, leaving behind you and your problems. (-40 cultists).

[chirp] These skies are so free and these bugs are so tasty, what were we doing again?

Inquisitors: recruit
[2] Nobody wants to join them in staring down volcanoes and punching bears... Weird, because that sounds awesome...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2015, 09:36:37 pm »

Get more cultists by means of intimidation. I can't wait till I get my body. It sucks having to rely on incompetent weaklings.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2015, 11:46:54 pm »

Loaner cultists: summon Big Dog! Try not to die!

Big Dog: gain some actual competent cultists, mayhap?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 121