Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215527 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #600 on: April 26, 2015, 11:25:26 pm »

Orb hunt: [1] They got shot by armed cultists while snooping outside Anthaju's base. Hey, he was already summoned, he was probably hiding the orb as far as they knew. (-25 assassins)
Uh..
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 26, 2015, 11:32:22 pm »

I didn't quite update it right, seems like it's always something but at least this time it was just the turn counter and removing the quote... I counted 8 people though so that should be everyone
Ah, alright then, thought it looked a bit odd.

Turn 10 actions:
250 cultists and Koshu: improve PR.
102 cultists and 80 empowered cultists: research alternate ways of getting Koshu to Earth. Do not focus on the "cascade" ritual, but if you have any flashes of inspiration, feel free to look into it.
250 armed cultists: retrieve Orb of Stalwart 2 from Unescargot ('s base?) (or whereever it ends up at by the time our turn comes up). As soon as we have the Orb, bring it back to our base and guard it. If (and only if) the Orb is destroyed, attack Unescargot's base and/or cultists (or whoever was responsible) instead. (Note that this is worded such that Unescargot giving us the (no-longer-particularly-useful-to-Unescargot) Orb and telling us to piss off results in us turning around and hauling the Orb home without bothering with a actual fight.)
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 26, 2015, 11:33:54 pm »

Orb hunt: [1] They got shot by armed cultists while snooping outside Anthaju's base. Hey, he was already summoned, he was probably hiding the orb as far as they knew. (-25 assassins)
Uh..
Yes, they got shot searching your own base. It's their fault for being so sneaky that their allies didn't realize who they were.... Ok, so maybe I should've said the base of <anyone else> but they'll still be dead... fixed.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 27, 2015, 12:29:11 am »

Recruit people of varying ethnicities, and races, for diversity.
50 cultists: Get the last Orb of Stalwart.
20 cultists: Run for office.
30 cultists: Start a small relief organization, to welcome refugeees.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:30:29 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 27, 2015, 12:54:40 am »

Tornado: Attack TROG again.
Me: Recruit.
50 slightly healthier cultists: Try and steal the last Orb of Stalwart.
50 more slightly healthier cultists: Keep negotiations with the Inquisitors going.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:57:30 am by Adragis029 »
thincake

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 27, 2015, 06:36:52 am »

YOU DIDN'T DO MY TURN, HOW COULD YOU BETRAY ME SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has descended into madness

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 27, 2015, 06:57:59 am »

Ha-di!
Me: Refuse invitation, but send a reply: "If you'd like to run a few trades... I've got some interesting rituals and the second Orb of Stalwart", also blast Trog with lighting.
100 cultists: Recruit more generics!
70 cultists: Guard, and study guarding while you're at it.
5 wealthy cultists: Recruit other wealthy cultists to join my cult.
other 5 wealthy cultists: Hire some scholarly interns to research rituals to boost a horror's power.
8 cultists in high places: Organize humanity against Koshu-or at least America.
3 veterans: Give guarding cultists lessons in guarding.
Journalist hirelings: Time to end carp. Recruit inquisitors against him.

Puff-Puff: Well... go off to Koshu's cult and pretty much ruin his? her? cultists.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 27, 2015, 09:31:24 am »

"ME SORRY ANTHAJU! ME SWEAR ON MY HONOR NOT TO HURT YOU AS LONG AS YOU STOP THESE PLAGUES! ME WILL EVEN FORM ALLIANCE WITH ANTHAJU AND PROMISE TO LET HIM HAVE EGYPT AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T CURSE ME! ALSO, ANTHAJU'S FACE ISN'T THAT UGLY, ME WAS JUST TRASH TALKING."

TROG: He uses his Cockroach healing abilities again!
Gort: Mentally Attack Unescargot!
75 Mummies: Age Unescargot's Cult!
New Mummies: Age every Elderly Person in the nearest retirement home!
KONG: Protect TROG from other Horrors!
50 Aging Anarchist Cultists: Get KONG Food!
50 Aging Anarchist Cultists: Spread Internet Propaganda showing that TROG just wants to conserve the environment and doesn't hate humans and that he just hates pollution and industrialism.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 27, 2015, 09:52:10 am »

YOU DIDN'T DO MY TURN, HOW COULD YOU BETRAY ME SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I did, here it is:
150 Cultists(get cloud guys inquisitors to help): Attack cloud's minions before the ritual can complete and steal the orb.(Beg, bribe, seduce, steal, buy, conquer, forge certificate of ownership, ask nicely or remake the timeline with your time machine so we always had a time machine from a passing 5D anteater, time lord, time knight, time peon, time craftsman, Chronosian guard member, Chronosian guard, Chronosian guard fugitive, Chronosian, time tourist, mine turtle, or misc ameture time traveler if you are too late.)
50 Cultists: Turn on and monitor the smelter, make molds for armor and missiles (and use them)if you have the time.
50 Cultists+recognisable cultists and cultists in high places and me: Recrute.

Turn back time: [3] Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to turn back time, and nobody who you could possibly bluff, bribe, burglarize, badger or bully that can help you. They do find out that the Orb is in Unescargot's base though, and spot a way in that will probably be open in the future since only hirelings are guarding it. (limited access to Orb of Stalwart 2)
Molds: [4] They heat up the smelters for no reason and then make a couple molds for armor and missile shells. Of course, the explosive powder is the problematic part, especially since you sent all the explosives you had away earlier. (molds for armor and missile shell made)
recruit: [4] Everyone does a decent job of recruiting. (+380 cultists) ((dat 4 appeal man))

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 27, 2015, 10:25:35 am »

I made a turn after that on page 39:

100 Cultists:Turn on and operate the forge and recycler then fill the molds with the molten metal then wait for it to cool then take out the parts and assemble the items out of the parts(sell all non weapon items, and you are starting to be deliberately obtuse.).
100 Cultists: Arm yourselves and retrieve the orb.
Cultists in high places:Organise a research program on the remains of a orb of stalwart.
Half of remaining cultists(the half with recognisable cultists):Recrute.
100 cultists and me: Learn, study and improve on my runic knowledge.
Rest of remaining cultists: make sure TROG dies.

Edited version:
100 Cultists:Turn on and operate the forge and recycler then fill the molds with the molten metal then wait for it to cool then take out the parts and assemble the items out of the parts(sell all non weapon items, and you are starting to be deliberately obtuse.).
Cultists in high places: Organise a research program on the remains of a orb of stalwart.(maybe those posters will finally do something.)
100 Cultists and recognisable cultists): Recruit.
100 Cultists and me: Learn, study and improve on my runic knowledge.
230 Cultists(+any left): Get some guns and make sure TROG dies.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:28:54 am by Evonix »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 27, 2015, 10:35:42 am »

I made a turn after that on page 39:

Cultists in high places:Organise a research program on the remains of a orb of stalwart.
Half of remaining cultists(the half with recognisable cultists):Recrute.
100 cultists and me: Learn, study and improve on my runic knowledge.
Rest of remaining cultists: make sure TROG dies.

Edited version:
Cultists in high places: Organise a research program on the remains of a orb of stalwart.(maybe those posters will finally do something.)

A day late and a dollar short on that one, I had already rolled the other actions, no do-overs (can't have people changing their minds because they got bad rolls, after all). These can be your actions for this turn though.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 27, 2015, 12:02:41 pm »

they are, you did do my last turn and I notest you rolled some actions for this turn and was surprised mine was not among them

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 27, 2015, 12:19:14 pm »

ffs, I haven't ended the turn yet, no reason to start flipping the fuck out and saying I "betrayed" you

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 27, 2015, 01:04:17 pm »

Turn 10 actions:
250 cultists and Koshu: improve PR.
102 cultists and 80 empowered cultists: research alternate ways of getting Koshu to Earth. Do not focus on the "cascade" ritual, but if you have any flashes of inspiration, feel free to look into it.
250 armed cultists: retrieve Orb of Stalwart 2 from Unescargot ('s base?) (or whereever it ends up at by the time our turn comes up). As soon as we have the Orb, bring it back to our base and guard it. If (and only if) the Orb is destroyed, attack Unescargot's base and/or cultists (or whoever was responsible) instead. (Note that this is worded such that Unescargot giving us the (no-longer-particularly-useful-to-Unescargot) Orb and telling us to piss off results in us turning around and hauling the Orb home without bothering with a actual fight.)
PR: [5] You do an excellent job convincing people you're not actually one of the antichrists. (PR now mixed)
Research: [3] They find references to an alternate method of summoning horrors from other worlds, it involves some old world rites and sacrificing a goat, but the actual methodology is a bit difficult to read without knowing ancient sumerian. (partially researched sacrificial summoning ritual)
Grabby grabby Orb is mine now: [6] They march up to the gate and demand to have the Orb. Koshu tells them to fuck off. They attack the gates and many get killed by the gratuitous amounts of spikes and pits in this place. Who built this death trap, and more importantly, who would willingly live in it? (-50 armed cultists, armed cultists no longer guarding, Unescargot's base damaged)

Inquisitors: Storm the base! Leave nobody alive!
[2] Nah, maybe tomorrow. Right now there's more important things to do, like catching up on sleep.

Tornado: Attack TROG again.
Me: Recruit.
50 slightly healthier cultists: Try and steal the last Orb of Stalwart.
50 more slightly healthier cultists: Keep negotiations with the Inquisitors going.

STORM THE TROG: [4] The whirlwind batters Trog with more debris. He succumbs to his wounds. (Trog is dead)
Recruit: [1] You accidentally get people angry. Maybe you need a new HR person... (+30 inquisitors)
Grand Theft Orb II: [4] They spot the Orb inside Unescargot's base and take note of the patrol schedule. Won't be too hard to get it out, or just sneak in and do the summoning here then sneak out again (gained access to Orb of Stalwart 2)
Negotiate more: [1] They say something wrong and rile up the inquisitors even more. Some of the defectors come back. (+50 inquisitors).
Other cultists: do nothing

Inquisitors: water down the dragon blood
[5] They pour so much water into the dragon blood that it becomes useless (lost dragon blood)

Ha-di!
Me: Refuse invitation, but send a reply: "If you'd like to run a few trades... I've got some interesting rituals and the second Orb of Stalwart", also blast Trog with lighting.
100 cultists: Recruit more generics!
70 cultists: Guard, and study guarding while you're at it.
5 wealthy cultists: Recruit other wealthy cultists to join my cult.
other 5 wealthy cultists: Hire some scholarly interns to research rituals to boost a horror's power.
8 cultists in high places: Organize humanity against Koshu-or at least America.
3 veterans: Give guarding cultists lessons in guarding.
Journalist hirelings: Time to end carp. Recruit inquisitors against him.

Puff-Puff: Well... go off to Koshu's cult and pretty much ruin his? her? cultists.

Zappity zap zap: [6] You zap Trog's dead body and accidentally resuscitate his recently fallen body. (Trog now mortally wounded)
Recruit: [1] Shit, everyone's getting super angry at you... (+100 inquisitors, +5 wealthy inquisitors, +25 carp cultists)
Guard better: [4] They set up a more sane patrol schedule and close off some of the easier strategies for sneaking in.  (70 cultists and 3 veterans guarding decently)
research: [2] they can't seem to get anyone to help them with the research.
Politics: [3] America is now against Koshu. But Koshu's in Russia, so it doesn't change much. (Koshu now has moderately bad PR)
Puff Puff (aura): [5] Puff Puff floats into Koshu's base and floats around while spreading dust everywhere. Koshu's cultists are tripping out like nobody's business (Koshu's cult is experiencing horrible hallucinations)

"ME SORRY ANTHAJU! ME SWEAR ON MY HONOR NOT TO HURT YOU AS LONG AS YOU STOP THESE PLAGUES! ME WILL EVEN FORM ALLIANCE WITH ANTHAJU AND PROMISE TO LET HIM HAVE EGYPT AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T CURSE ME! ALSO, ANTHAJU'S FACE ISN'T THAT UGLY, ME WAS JUST TRASH TALKING."

TROG: He uses his Cockroach healing abilities again!
Gort: Mentally Attack Unescargot!
75 Mummies: Age Unescargot's Cult!
New Mummies: Age every Elderly Person in the nearest retirement home!
KONG: Protect TROG from other Horrors!
50 Aging Anarchist Cultists: Get KONG Food!
50 Aging Anarchist Cultists: Spread Internet Propaganda showing that TROG just wants to conserve the environment and doesn't hate humans and that he just hates pollution and industrialism.

You shout out with your dying breaths and the curse of frogs releases, your cultists and underlings can now leave to do things.
HEAL, YE DAMNED FLESH!: [5] Your regeneration draws your wounds closed, still a bit sore but you're alive so it's hard to complain. (Now lightly wounded)
Psion: [4] Gort uses his powers to age Unescargot a decade or two. It makes his memory a bit worse but doesn't have much of an actual effect.
Cloud cult strike: [1] The mummies get confused and turn your cultists into mummies instead. They are still dead. Whoops. (75 cultists become mummies remain dead)
Mummify: [1 irrelevant] They age them to dust. Their families aren't very happy about it. (+75 inquisitors) there are no mummies and so nobody gets turned.
Protect: [1] KONG KNOWS NO PROTECT, ONLY MAIM!
KONG crushes your carapace and your bones. And you had just healed those too! (Now heavily wounded)
Feeding time: [4] They get some ground beef from the nearest store and feed it to KONG to calm him down before he kills you. (KONG heals a bit faster)
Lying: [4] They manage to convince the suckers that you mean the best for the world. (good PR)
CURSE: Lice
[3] The dust turns to bugs, it makes everyone itchy and annoyed but doesn't have any real effect. (lice infestation)

Making stuffs: [1] Oops, some people fall into the smelter and it ruins the whole batch. (-50 cultists)
Orb stealin: [5] They creep in and narrowly avoid the guards as they haul the Orb out of the base but run out of time halfway back so they leave the orb in the open. (Orb of Stalwart 2 no longer secured) ((You realize you're already summoned right? They did that earlier when they couldn't summon Trog))
Hire: [1] Your note got smudged so your cultists called the garbage guys to pick up the pieces instead of organizing a study. (lose pieces of Orb of Stalwart 1)
Study: [1] The cultists find a bunch of runes and tell you the wrong meaning for all of them. You tell them off for their foolishness and some of them quit. (-25 cultists)
Recruit: [3] They find some people to join. Not enough to replace today's losses but still more than you would have without them working (+50 cultists)
Bracketa bracketa: [3] They "find" some knives and hammers and go to mess up Trog's face. Turns out he's no slouch in combat even when injured. (100 cultists lightly armed, -50 lightly armed cultists, Trog now mortally wounded)

Non jailed inquisitors: get weapons
[4] They find some handguns and knives, they should be able to slaughter a few unarmed peons with these (inquisitors armed).
jailed inquisitors: get out of jail
[1] They try to escape and are killed during their attempt (-20 jailed inquisitors)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 27, 2015, 01:16:21 pm »

((Wait. Trog dies. I zap him. He resurrects. AGGGGHHH!!!!))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 121