Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215480 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #615 on: April 27, 2015, 01:22:27 pm »

YOU FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!
thincake

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 27, 2015, 02:35:10 pm »

"YAY! ME ALIVE! TROG NO LIKE AFTERLIFE, TO MUCH FIRE AND EVIL MONSTERS. IT'S BETTER HERE. THANKS FOR THE CPR KOSHU, BUT YOU STILL TRIED TO KILL ME SO, SORRY! NO HARD FEELINGS, RIGHT?"

TROG: He Heals himself using his cockroach regenerative abilities!
Gort: Personally Mummify Koshu's Cult!
KONG: SMASH Koshu!
75 Mummies: Mummify The Inquisitor Filth!
75 Mummies: Guard TROG and Age anybody who comes near! Please keep in mind that TROG'S Species is Immortal.
New Mummies: Age The Nearest Smokestack Factory to dust to Fight Pollution and Cripple Industry!
25 Aging Anarchist Cultists: Recruit More Cultists! But this time, Try to recruit Naturalists and Wilderness Survivalists!
New Cultists: Recruit some More Naturalists and Survivalists!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 27, 2015, 03:00:22 pm »

((Wait. Trog dies. I zap him. He resurrects. AGGGGHHH!!!!))
The dance of death is a strange one indeed

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 27, 2015, 03:01:12 pm »

((Wait. Trog dies. I zap him. He resurrects. AGGGGHHH!!!!))
The dance of death is a strange one indeed

"DON'T I KNOW IT."

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 27, 2015, 03:12:01 pm »

ffs, I haven't ended the turn yet, no reason to start flipping the fuck out and saying I "betrayed" you
Flipping out and being overly dramatic is fun.
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 27, 2015, 03:21:40 pm »

ffs, I haven't ended the turn yet, no reason to start flipping the fuck out and saying I "betrayed" you
Flipping out and being overly dramatic is fun.
Well, I can't argue with that

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 27, 2015, 03:40:47 pm »

((In conclusion... dangit. I'm probably going to just PM my next turn. Trog is going down.))

Edit: ((Is turn 10 done?))
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:22:44 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 27, 2015, 05:25:53 pm »

((In conclusion... dangit. I'm probably going to just PM my next turn. Trog is going down.))

Edit: ((Is turn 10 done?))
It appears there's one action left, unless I missed one that was posted last week or something >.<

It appears that carp hasn't taken his actions yet, though if he posted them six pages ago then I've just forgotten to roll for them

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 27, 2015, 05:27:22 pm »

((Argh... Why did Trog have to become Frankenstein!>?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 27, 2015, 06:17:57 pm »

Wait.. I have an idea.
Me: Summon mummies! This time I'll look into them before summoning...
Cultists: Research a ritual that might be able to perhaps fuse entities together!
Assassins: Poison the water supply of my inquisitors! They want their water, they get their water.
Mercenaries: Murder Trog! Murder Trog! Send him back where he came, into the bog!..

What? Egypt wasn't exactly known for its poets, y'know.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 27, 2015, 09:33:03 pm »

PR: [5] You do an excellent job convincing people you're not actually one of the antichrists. (PR now mixed)
Well, it is progress.

Research: [3] They find references to an alternate method of summoning horrors from other worlds, it involves some old world rites and sacrificing a goat, but the actual methodology is a bit difficult to read without knowing ancient sumerian. (partially researched sacrificial summoning ritual)
Nice! Excellent work.

Grabby grabby Orb is mine now: [6] They march up to the gate and demand to have the Orb. Koshu tells them to fuck off. They attack the gates and many get killed by the gratuitous amounts of spikes and pits in this place. Who built this death trap, and more importantly, who would willingly live in it? (-50 armed cultists, armed cultists no longer guarding, Unescargot's base damaged)
So, wait, did we get the Orb? Six is supposed to be "you succeed, but at a nasty cost and/or it backfires". I would not be suprised if it failed even on a six, since we were going up against skilled and fortified defenders with only about a two-to-one numerical advantange, but you should probably say so explicitly.
Also, that is supposed to say "Unescargot tells them to fuck off.", right?

Inquisitors: Storm the base! Leave nobody alive!
[2] Nah, maybe tomorrow. Right now there's more important things to do, like catching up on sleep.
I ... probably need to do something about them. Eventually.

Grand Theft Orb II: [4] They spot the Orb inside Unescargot's base and take note of the patrol schedule. Won't be too hard to get it out, or just sneak in and do the summoning here then sneak out again (gained access to Orb of Stalwart 2)
Well at least someone is making progress Orb-wise.

Inquisitors: water down the dragon blood
[5] They pour so much water into the dragon blood that it becomes useless (lost dragon blood)
Why do I even say things.

Zappity zap zap: [6] You zap Trog's dead body and accidentally resuscitate his recently fallen body. (Trog now mortally wounded)
Recruit: [1] Shit, everyone's getting super angry at you... (+100 inquisitors, +5 wealthy inquisitors, +25 carp cultists)
I wonder why.

Guard better: [4] They set up a more sane patrol schedule and close off some of the easier strategies for sneaking in.  (70 cultists and 3 veterans guarding decently)
Dammit.

Politics: [3] America is now against Koshu. But Koshu's in Russia, so it doesn't change much. (Koshu now has moderately bad PR)
... Note to self: check that our sign is in Russian, that seems like the kind of mistake a cultist would make.
Кошу Аэрокосмический [Koshu Aerokosmicheskiy], rocket science by people who have to be explicitly told not to drink poison.
No wonder we have such PR problems.

Puff Puff (aura): [5] Puff Puff floats into Koshu's base and floats around while spreading dust everywhere. Koshu's cultists are tripping out like nobody's business (Koshu's cult is experiencing horrible hallucinations)
Sigh.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 09:34:49 pm by InsaneRationalist »
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 27, 2015, 09:53:46 pm »

Grabby grabby Orb is mine now: [6] They march up to the gate and demand to have the Orb. Koshu tells them to fuck off. They attack the gates and many get killed by the gratuitous amounts of spikes and pits in this place. Who built this death trap, and more importantly, who would willingly live in it? (-50 armed cultists, armed cultists no longer guarding, Unescargot's base damaged)
So, wait, did we get the Orb? Six is supposed to be "you succeed, but at a nasty cost and/or it backfires". I would not be suprised if it failed even on a six, since we were going up against skilled and fortified defenders with only about a two-to-one numerical advantange, but you should probably say so explicitly.
Also, that is supposed to say "Unescargot tells them to fuck off.", right?
Bleh, my name skills are awful, it was only a matter of time before I started calling people by the wrong name, and only a matter of time before it happened several times in sequence. I assumed the command meant "take the orb if he'll let me, otherwise attack" in which case you have to break through the walls of the fortress first, then kill the guards before hitting the intended target (assuming it's secured, and a high roll can let you bypass them). However, now that it's damaged he, his cult, and his possessions are vulnerable...

Yeah, these rules seem to ebb and flow a bit, I should probably write stuff like this down so I don't forget...

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 27, 2015, 10:19:23 pm »

I assumed the command meant "take the orb if he'll let me, otherwise attack" in which case you have to break through the walls of the fortress first, then kill the guards before hitting the intended target (assuming it's secured, and a high roll can let you bypass them). However, now that it's damaged he, his cult, and his possessions are vulnerable...
It actually meant more along the lines of "burglarize Unescargot's base for Orb, and here are some contigency measures", but ah well.

We still have one person outstanding for turn ten, right?
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 27, 2015, 10:23:15 pm »

Yep, if Carp hasn't posted actions by tomorrow afternoon I'll end the turn without him, but I'll give him that much time to get on and post...

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 28, 2015, 07:19:44 am »

Yep, if Carp hasn't posted actions by tomorrow afternoon I'll end the turn without him, but I'll give him that much time to get on and post...
DF CARP:
-Cultists: 15 armed cultists (final faction), 10 armored cultists (final faction)
-Items: has a bunch of fish, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity
--GOEARERKSFLES: unending hunger

sorry havent been on lately i just have to read what's happened
ok here it is
ME: ooooohhhh that GOEARERKSFLES sounds like he's taking all my fun maybe he can have some more (whisper into the mind of mortals saying that GOEARERKSFLES is vulnerable to human melee attack so they should do it"
GOEARERKSFLES: GO AFTER ANY OF MY LEFTOVER CULTISTS THOSE FACTIONED GUYS AND ANYONE YOU CAN FIND.
any factioned guys: RUUNN AWAAAAYYY maybe throw some innocent people at him as meatshields i mean what's the worst that could happen?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:29:14 am by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 121