Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 214540 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2015, 03:28:28 pm »

Me: imbue the minds of the 10 high placed cultists with horrible imagery and constant orders detonate their nuke in their own base to make the horror stop

200 cultists: go on a recruitment drive

150 cultists: Go buy some dragons blood and get one of those orbs

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2015, 04:26:27 pm »

Me: imbue the minds of the 10 high placed cultists with horrible imagery and constant orders detonate their nuke in their own base to make the horror stop

200 cultists: go on a recruitment drive

150 cultists: Go buy some dragons blood and get one of those orbs

[???] You imbue horrific images into the dead bodies of the cultists, but it doesn't matter because they poisoned themselves with Dragon blood already.

[4] They are successful at their recruiting efforts (+200 cultists)

[1] They accidentally mix up the grape juice and dragon blood (-50 cultists)

Inquisitors: Everyone's dead, inquisition goes inactive.

End of turn 10. Begin turn 11.

score:
Big Dog: Supplies to perform summoning, 55 cultists (given by keeper)
Keeper: 490 cultists, Inquisitors would have a nuke if they were around
Brok: 10 Inquisitors, Inquisitors active, Inquisitors well fortified
-All supplies for summoning can be acquired easily

Get more cultists by means of intimidation. I can't wait till I get my body. It sucks having to rely on incompetent weaklings.
[2] You aren't able to get people to join you, however your inquisitors gain some popularity by helping refugees from all the towns you destroy as demonstrations of your power...

Loaner cultists: summon Big Dog! Try not to die!

Big Dog: gain some actual competent cultists, mayhap?

[6] You are summoned with a great fanfare, several of your cultists are overjoyed that their overlord has finally arrived and some of your fans try to get you to sign their merchandise. Your cultists are filled with a serene calmness from your presence. Unfortunately one of the Orbs of Stalwart shatters when you burst onto the stage, because a cultist dropped it on some of their comrades. (1 orb of stalwart destroyed, -25 cultists)

[2] Nobody wants to serve you, they think you are too adorable to be a good leader. Must be summoning sickness keeping your natural charm from working.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2015, 04:39:14 pm »

Me: try and whisper to the minds of more high places people to recruit them

Cultists: 190: recruit moar cultists
             150: get dragons blood
             150: get an orb

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2015, 05:20:48 pm »

Me: try and whisper to the minds of more high places people to recruit them

Cultists: 190: recruit moar cultists
             150: get dragons blood
             150: get an orb

[4] You manage to convince some more politicians to join you (+10 cultists in high places)

[5] They recruit with great efficiency , finding people all around willing to join (+380 cultists) ((good god, do you have enough of these guys yet?))
[3] They get the dragon blood, and resist the urge to drink it. They soon realize they didn't get enough to actually paint the welcome circle and will miss their next turn fixing that (150 cultists occupied for next turn).
[5] They find and set up an orb of Stalwart, the ritual is ready as soon as those lazy other cultists get the dragon blood ready (ritual nearly ready)

End turn 11. Begin turn 12.

score:
Big Dog: 30 cultists (given by keeper), Has been summoned, has destroyed 1 Orb of Stalwart
Keeper: 870 cultists (150 are busy), 10 cultists in high places, Inquisitors would have a nuke if they were around, summoning ritual almost ready
Brok: 10 Inquisitors, Inquisitors active, Inquisitors well fortified

((I kinda want to see a betrayal as soon as Keeper get summoned, the mental image of a dandelion suplexing a fat lich with a lizard mask amuses me...))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2015, 05:35:45 pm »

"i've got a pot. i've got a friend. what else could i need?"

Locate a currently unused Orb of Stalwart (that is to say, one that the Keeper's not using) and smash it into tiny little bits. Convince any guards present that this is how it should be. Maybe recruit them if they go for it.

Oh, and return the loaner cultists to the Keeper. They've done good work.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2015, 06:03:26 pm »

"i've got a pot. i've got a friend. what else could i need?"

Locate a currently unused Orb of Stalwart (that is to say, one that the Keeper's not using) and smash it into tiny little bits. Convince any guards present that this is how it should be. Maybe recruit them if they go for it.

Oh, and return the loaner cultists to the Keeper. They've done good work.

[4] You lift the orb with your mighty dandelion strength and crush it to tiny bits. The guards are appeased by your words and some of them ask for your autograph. A few join you, but there aren't that many guards (+20 cultists, destroyed one more orb of Stalwart)

[] The surviving loaner cultists have returned to their old master, and Keeper now get slightly closer to 1000 cultists (-30 cultists).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2015, 01:27:09 am »

Great! Now find another unused orb and repeat the process, hopefully leaving two in the entire world!

Cultists: recruit more cultists!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2015, 01:01:53 pm »

Me: Relax for now, everything is good.

Cultists: 150 (busy): fix their fuckup as stated before, then get on with the summoning
             10 in high places + 400 others: secure funding and location for the Great Library. If no decent building can be found, start on the construction.
             rest of cultists: begin resource gathering and construction of gift baskets. Lots of gift baskets.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2015, 01:37:45 pm »

Nuke Big Dog.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2015, 03:18:34 pm »

Me: Relax for now, everything is good.

Cultists: 150 (busy): fix their fuckup as stated before, then get on with the summoning
             10 in high places + 400 others: secure funding and location for the Great Library. If no decent building can be found, start on the construction.
             rest of cultists: begin resource gathering and construction of gift baskets. Lots of gift baskets.

[1] You are too nervous from all the stuff going on and from your imminent summoning to relax. You get a migraine (You can't take an action next turn, though your cultists can still perform the summoning).

[no roll] They buy the rest of the dragon blood they need and complete the summoning circle, now all that's left is to do that actual summoning. (summoning prepared)
[2] They get caught up in paperwork and can't get the Great Library started. Look like you'll have to research your techs the old fashioned way, unless you are willing to invest another turn to it.
[3] They get supplies and build a couple gift baskets, but not nearly enough for whatever you have planned. (+ some gift baskets).

Nuke Big Dog.
[2] Due to your lack of cultists and inability to focus you can't use your nuke to send Big Dog straight to hell, nor can you summon another one directly over his head.

End of turn 12. Begin turn 13 (the luckiest number).

Big Dog: 20 cultists, Has been summoned, has destroyed 2 Orbs of Stalwart
Keeper: 900 cultists, 10 cultists in high places, Inquisitors would have a nuke if they were around, summoning ritual ready, lost turn, some gift baskets
Brok: 10 Inquisitors, Inquisitors active, Inquisitors well fortified, has a nuke

Great! Now find another unused orb and repeat the process, hopefully leaving two in the entire world!

Cultists: recruit more cultists!

[3] You locate and break a giant crystal orb, but it's not one of the Orbs of Stalwart, just a cheap knockoff made by some scam artist to try and pawn off to a museum. We'll give you points for trying though (+1 destroyed decoy orb, +glass shards). ((the real orbs break into useless grains of glass, the shards let you know that this one was fake))

[5] The cultists do a very impressive job handing out flyers and get a ton of new recruits (+100 cultists)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2015, 06:36:20 am »

"breaking the orbs breaking the orbs. breaking the orbs breaking the orbs."

Me: go break yet another Orb of Stalwart!

Cultists: help out Brok's inquisitors by collectively figuring out a method to shield the world from his pernicious influence.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2015, 09:10:15 am »

Me: do nothing, apparently

150 cultist: do the summoning
10 high placed + 400 regular cultists: get me my library, get the high placed ones to cut through some of the red tape if need be
rest of cultists: continue making gift baskets

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2015, 09:23:37 am »

Me: do nothing, apparently

150 cultist: do the summoning
10 high placed + 400 regular cultists: get me my library, get the high placed ones to cut through some of the red tape if need be
rest of cultists: continue making gift baskets

[skip] You do nothing successfully with no ill effects
[4] The cultists perform the summoning and it goes off without a hitch (summoned). Your minions fall into a peaceful state from your presence and everyone else nearby starts babbling about how they stole a cookie from the cookie jar and how they love the smell of feet among other things.
[3] They get a shoddy warehouse that you could appropriate into a library. You could renovate it, tear it down and replace it, or simply put your books in here and hope it doesn't rain too hard. (+shoddy base)
[3] They continue making gift baskets, though due to their pace it doesn't seem like they are getting much done (+more gift baskets)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2015, 05:38:41 pm »

Nuke. Big. Dog.  >:(
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2015, 06:03:08 pm »

Nuke. Big. Dog.  >:(
fair enough... shit...
[1] The nuke explodes far away from big dog and his minions. The disaster is quickly cleaned up by your inquisitors, who manage to get many volunteers to help with the unfortunate incident (+50 inquisitors).

...sorry...

Inquisitors: train yourselves for battle
[1] They have several amusing accidents during training, causing several deaths and many injuries (-20 inquisitors, remaining inquisitors wounded)
End turn 13. Begin turn 14.

score:
Big Dog: 120 cultists, Has been summoned, has destroyed 2 Orbs of Stalwart and 1 decoy orb, has glass shards
Keeper: 900 cultists, 10 cultists in high places, Inquisitors would have a nuke if they were around, summoning ritual ready, lost turn, some gift baskets, more gift baskets, shoddy base, has been summoned
Brok: 40 Injured Inquisitors, Inquisitors active, Inquisitors well fortified

"breaking the orbs breaking the orbs. breaking the orbs breaking the orbs."

Me: go break yet another Orb of Stalwart!

Cultists: help out Brok's inquisitors by collectively figuring out a method to shield the world from his pernicious influence.

[3] You break an Orb of storms, stopping a hurricane that was headed toward a city. Some  people join you, but there are still just as many orbs of Stalwart left in the world (+50 cultists).

[1] You accidentally send them the document for the summoning ritual instead of the ritual of purging, and they begin summoning Brok (inquisitors performing summoning ritual, if not stopped they will  attempt to summon Brok on their next turn, until they succeed or are killed).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 121