Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 214406 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #930 on: July 31, 2015, 06:31:48 am »

Dammit, I meant to move the turn forward yesterday and now I don't have time... Well, I'll have it done by Monday at the latest...

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 31, 2015, 08:47:01 am »

ME: turn as much of the moon as i can into carp
100 cultists: get submarine parts, the things that drive underwater.
50 cultists : continue campaign for mayor of Tijuana make my policy eradicating all mosquito's (except not in Australia that's the only place animals rely on them)[b\]
you might have missed this not sure
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 01, 2015, 09:07:35 pm »

Humanity
Attack CARP's cult:
[1] Attack? Oh damn, the orders they got said to arm the cultists. Whoops. (100 cultists armed)

End of Turn ???.
score:
Unescargot (DEAD): summoned, getting old, being attacked by KONG
-cultists: 130 cultists, 10 infiltrator cultists (infiltrating Rabe, can open gate to his base), 5 high morale empowered wealthy cultists, 5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, 10 wealthy cultists, 4 cultists in high places, 4 recognizable cultists, 100 trained cultists (guarding), 3 veterans (guarding), limited connection to president (will badmouth Rabe), all disheartened, blacklisted (can't hire outside help)
-Items: veteran memoirs
-Inquisitors: 40 lightly armed inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual, hated by humanity, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}
--Mega Puff Puff (engorged): plush toy that looks just like him, a bunch of moist air

Tavern wench (lightly injured): summoned
-cultists: 100 cultists
-Items: Swelteringly hot base in the desert (breached), has dragon blood, has mercury, access to Orb of Stability 1
-Inquisitors: 80 well trained inquisitors, 10 lightly armed inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, Inquisitors activated
-Other: well known, moderately bad PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury, consumes orb of stability, can sub Dragon blood [causes injury]}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(lightly wounded): hallucinating, berserk, attacking Unescargot

Anthaju(DEAD): summoned, resting in peace
-cultists: 55 cultists, 15 reapers
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 3 strong mummy inquisitors, 20 inquisitorial reapers, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion, bad PR

Koshu:
-Cultists: 270 cultists, 80 heavily armed cultists, 20 heavily armed cultists guarding
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up
-Inquisitors: 80 armed inquisitors, 75 armed inquisitors (guarding) 212 inquisitors, have weak siege engines set up, inquisitors activated
-Other: good PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}

Rabe (uninjured): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol, paranoid, hallucinating (50% chance to fail to even attempt each roll)
-Cultists: 1385 cultists, 350 heavily armed cultists, 75 trained heavily armed cultists,  30 hallucinating cultists (guarding), 50 armed cultists, 1 old cultist (guarding for Puff puff), 15 recognizable cultists, 25 lightly armed cultists, all hallucinating
-Items: has sturdy base with defenses (+lightning rods, humidifiers, and 20 gun turrets), has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, ), knows location of Lunar Orb of Stalwart, has colorful chalk, has dragon blood, has grand training center, has hidden bunker
-Inquisitors: 200 inquisitors, have ornate mansion base, know ritual of ignite mortals {req gasoline, consumes cultists}, inquisitors activated
-Other: posters put up, campaign for president started, reputation under fire by president, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, mixed PR, founded Miskatonic University, created Kitten Industries, requested Koshu's permission to summon him, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, aware of power store ritual
--Miskatonic University: has book of power swap ritual, knows power swap ritual, researched Orb of Stalwart, seeking authorization to research power store ritual
--Kitten Industries: 611 cultists, 25 recognizable cultists, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones)

DF CARP: rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp
-goal: CARP LIFE
-Cultists: 150 cultists
-Items: Delicious submarine sandwiches
-Inquisitors: 30 inquisitors, inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: CARP LIFE 4 EVAR, has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity, campaigning for mayor of Tijuana
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2

Rosabel:
Cultists: 301 cultists, 100 slightly healthier cultists, 50 assassin cultists
Items: has dragon blood, has gold block, has dynamite, partially gathered tallow candles
Inquisitors: 30 inquisitors, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2
Other: very good PR, has humanity's sympathy, buried the dead, knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible, everyone is on psi-net

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 01, 2015, 09:26:47 pm »

Recruit.
50 cultists: Improve PR.
40 cultists: Heal me.
10 cultists: Help recruit on psi-net.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 01, 2015, 09:57:03 pm »

Recruit.
50 cultists: Improve PR.
40 cultists: Heal me.
10 cultists: Help recruit on psi-net.
Recruit: [3] You and your cultists get more people to help you. The response is lukewarm at best. (+55 cultists)
PR: [4] They talk up how great you are and how you could make the world more fun. Not many pay attention, but semi-positive nonchalance is better than minor disdain. (moderately good PR)
Heal: [2] They're not exactly doctors and you're not bleeding out with an obvious way to help. They pour some whisky on the wound to sterilize it, but that's about all they can do without some kind of medical knowledge or healing aid.

Inquisitors in high places: recruit
[1] They end up spreading the word about your cult more than you have yourself. People flock to you. (+20 cultists)
Other inquisitors (not recruited guys): attack TW directly!
[4] They attack you, smashing several more of your extremities and leaving a few fresh wounds on your personage (moderately wounded, -10 lightly armed inquisitors, -15 well trained inquisitors)

Whoops, forgot this:
Heat: consume cultists
[5] The ambient heat of the base overwhelms the meager sensibilities of your cult. You are of a hardier breed, but even you think it's a bit warm. (-175 cultists, sunburned [+1 to damage taken until recovery])

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 03, 2015, 01:43:32 pm »

Everybody: just get KONG over to Rabe's base.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 04, 2015, 07:36:16 pm »

Everybody: just get KONG over to Rabe's base.
[4] They manage to lure KONG to Rabe's base with their amazing impression of bananas. Yes, he did eat a few of them, but at least it worked. (KONG now attacking Rabe, -50 cultists)

Puff puff: let the rain fall down
[1] He pours a bunch of hallucinogenic water all over your base, soaking your cultists to the marrow. Whoops. Puff puff has finally gotten rid of all the excess water. (Puff puff normal, all cultists hallucinating)

KONG: eat the cultists who are acting like bananas
[1] He doesn't chew properly so some of their bones tear up his digestive tract. Ouch. (KONG moderately wounded)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 05, 2015, 12:16:36 am »

Rosabel: Recruit!
50 cultists: Get tallow candles.
Rest of cultists: Do assorted good deeds, or do something for charity.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 05, 2015, 09:54:57 am »

Rosabel: Recruit!
50 cultists: Get tallow candles.
Rest of cultists: Do assorted good deeds, or do something for charity.

Recruit: [5] You get a bunch of random scrubs to join your entourage. (+200 cultists)
Tallow: [no roll] they finish gathering the tallow candles. Finally, now the ritual can commence (tallow candles gathered)
Work: [4] They work to improve the community of their town. You gain a little PR for it, but mostly it just makes everyone feel closer. (community improved, now have excellent PR)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 05, 2015, 10:48:00 am »

((I feel like such a benefactress))
thincake

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 06, 2015, 05:54:33 am »

Koshu:
-Cultists: 270 cultists, 80 heavily armed cultists, 20 heavily armed cultists guarding
-Inquisitors: 80 armed inquisitors, 75 armed inquisitors (guarding) 212 inquisitors, have weak siege engines set up, inquisitors activated
-Other: good PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}

Turn Something:
100 heavily armed cultists: guard base other cultists.
270 cultists and Koshu: recruit.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:56:45 am by InsaneRationalist »
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 06, 2015, 11:36:49 am »

Koshu:

Turn Something:
100 heavily armed cultists: guard base other cultists.
270 cultists and Koshu: recruit.

Guard: [3] They take up a rather lazy patrol, only about half of them are ready to fight at any given time (50 heavily armed cultists guarding)
recruit: [6] You and your cultists spread the word about you amazing employment opportunities. Which will surely end in prosperity, and not painful immolation. Definitely. (+345 cultists, +300 inquisitors)

Non-guarding inquisitors: recruit
[2] They can't seem to get people to join them in preventing humans from leaving Earth. Strange.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 06, 2015, 02:43:06 pm »

I thought I said to do the same thing but anyway:
Me: Mellow out.
Everybody except those 30 doubly hallucinating cultists: clean yourselves and me off, wash those 30 too if you have time then retreat to a hidden bunker.
The others(30?): Try to convince the ape that the distant hill over there is delicious.

hurra for elaborate defenses.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 02:57:49 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 06, 2015, 03:55:30 pm »

I thought I said to do the same thing but anyway:
Me: Mellow out.
Everybody except those 30 doubly hallucinating cultists: clean yourselves and me off, wash those 30 too if you have time then retreat to a hidden bunker.
The others(30?): Try to convince the ape that the distant hill over there is delicious.

hurra for elaborate defenses.
Mellow: [1] You try to calm down and your heart stops for a minute. Your near death experience causes you to panic and go back to madness (lightly injured)
Wash: [1] They end up flooding the lower levels of the base, ruining much of your supply stores and forcing most of your army outside. Curses, everyone knows cats are afraid of water! (base flooded, everyone must stay outside, can't access items).
Chase away KONG: [4] They convince KONG that he should go over to the far hill. He keeps them. (-however many cultists were doing this, KONG now attacking nobody)

MU: Get authorization
[6] Their repeated requests cause them to be flagged as potentially dangerous by the government. They'll have to do something else until this is cleared up. (black marked by authorities)

KI: Build a giant death robot
[5] They do an amazing job building a giant death robot. The actual usefulness of this is debatable, but the impressiveness of the display is unmatched. (Heavily armed giant death robot built)

President: talk about Rabe's views on labor
[3] The mini-minotaur has information spread around about how Rabe never gives his employees vacation time and contributes nothing to the community. It's not on a very popular station, but the message is out there now. (PR now moderately bad)

Inquisitors: collect gasoline
[2] The price of gas is so high these days, they just can't find gasoline at a price they can afford.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 07, 2015, 03:08:48 am »

Recruit
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:38:35 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 121