Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212241 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 05:07:11 pm »

-snip- but if anything I would think lack of muscle and exposed connective tissue would make them worse fighters))
((Yo dawg, are you planning on using logic and science on my magical jolly skellingtons?))
((Just saying it might be in your best interest not to make me think about the stats for your skelebros))

Cultists, search for the ideal soil, the ideal clay - and, of course, the ideal orb... seek the artifacts...
[1] The cultists search the deadliest of tombs for the materials but cannot find any. Alas, some of them did not make it home. (-50 cultists)

((PS: you can designate 2-3 groups of cultists to do different things if you want, just keep in mind larger groups get better rewards but suffer more losses))

Turn 2 completed. Turn 3 begins now.

Current score:
Big dog: 150 cultists
Keeper: 15 infested Inquisitors
Brok: Nothing

Imbue the leader of the vigilante group with the "knowledge" that people in police uniforms are part of my cult
[1] The inquisitors are disturbed by the voices in their heads and get themselves exorcised by the local church. Their skeletons are no longer alive inside them (15 inquisitors uninfested).

Try to wipe out Big Dog's cult with an earthquake.
[2] Try as you might you can't focus enough to cause a deadly earthquake.

((I'm gonna do a few rolls on these dice, see if I can get these ones and twos out before next turn))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 05:09:23 pm »

Cultists: spread out across the corners of the earth... seek the items of interest...

Big Dog: speak further, seek new people who could possibly serve me in positions of power.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 05:18:02 pm »

((Just saying it might be in your best interest not to make me think about the stats for your skelebros))
((Nah man, the skellingtons are fine with being seen as normal cultists. No special treatment needed))

I feel as if though the lady is not favouring me tonight. Just try and garner some cultists with the promise of knowledge then.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 05:48:48 pm »

Awe some weak minded fools into following me with a display of great power, say by erupting a volcano or something.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 05:53:12 pm »

((Perhaps you should have tiers of cultists? So when cultists fight things, they have boni or maluses based on their stats? I would imagine the skeletons would be hard to kill. So they would prolly rank higher.))

((I'm just watching for the first game by the way, seeing how it works.))
((I planned to just have fighting of cultists be obfuscated into dice rolls rather than be based on stats (geez, keeping track of the stats of 200 individuals?), maybe give skeletons a survival bonus against poisons or something because they don't have flesh to rot, but if anything I would think lack of muscle and exposed connective tissue would make them worse fighters))
((I mean +/- a number for the dice. Maybe use a d10 for better variability in combat. A raw recruit acolyte cultist with no combat skills might get a -1 to errything. A raw recruit with a lil skill in combat might negate that -1. One heavily trained in combat might get a +1 or +2. Along those lines for general tasks. Could simply give them classes like Fighter, Seeker, Infiltrator, Preacher, and so on. Give them bonuses or maluses for various things. You don't really need to keep track of stats for individuals. At the start they could just be Green Acolytes with a -1 to all actions they do. Training or field experience in something would switch them to a given class and they can negate the -1 or gain bonuses to rolls in that kind of task a Green Fighter wouldn't have a malus to combat like a Green Acolyte. A Veteran Fighter would prolly have +2 to combat. You can just arbitrarily lump them into class and generic skill groups.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 06:05:18 pm »

Cultists: spread out across the corners of the earth... seek the items of interest...

Big Dog: speak further, seek new people who could possibly serve me in positions of power.

[2] The cultists are unable to find the items they seek

[2] You fail to bring new people to your cause, certainly not anyone important

I feel as if though the lady is not favouring me tonight. Just try and garner some cultists with the promise of knowledge then.
[1] You tempt people with promises of power but they aren't interested. More inquisitors join your hate club (+20 inquisitors). They get a new slogan "We hate learning!"

Awe some weak minded fools into following me with a display of great power, say by erupting a volcano or something.
[1] You attempt to make a volcano erupt to show off your power and fail so badly you accidentally flood a small town. The residents aren't amused (+20 inquisitors).

Turn 3 over. Turn 4 begins.

Score:
Keeper: 35 Inquisitors
Brok: 20 Inquisitors

((son of a bitch, these dice...))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 06:21:03 pm »

well keep trying to get some cultists, I guess.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 06:28:34 pm »

So, when will the stats start mattering?
Make all the bears like 40% bearier.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2015, 06:52:26 pm »

well keep trying to get some cultists, I guess.
[4] You finally convince some people that knowledge is good, and gain support (+75 cultists)

So, when will the stats start mattering?
Make all the bears like 40% bearier.

((Stats matter mostly for comparison's sake, such as when you fight each other, but one occasion of stats mattering has happened. When Keeper ressurrected the skeletons they couldn't escape because they run off his average power, if he had higher than 1 power a full success (4) would have been enough for the skeletons to overtake their fleshy parts and turn the inquisitors into possessed inquisitors, but since he's only average he just sort of made the inquisitors uncomfortable for awhile. A fail is still a fail and a success is still a success, but what a success can do for you changes based on your stats. I'm still sorta figuring out the specifics but that's the idea.))

[2] The bears bear their beariness with pride and humbly refuse your beary generous offer. Bears.

~snip~
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Not really very RTD style, as far as I understand in RTD everything is done on a d6 1= epic fail, 6 = overshot, etc. These cultists generally don't want to do fighting period unless their "god" demands it or they are forced to. While making them practice fighting might give them an edge over other cultists and humans, it isn't going to be a change in the odds of success, just in the results of success, like "these cultists now know how to fight, they now have a cumulative physique score of 1 rather than 0 in a fight". Oh, and you can join in in the middle of a game if you want, as you can see numbers tend to fluctuate a bit.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 07:00:43 pm »

((You're thinking of basic RtD. Advanced RTD has rolls varying from d6's to d1000's.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 07:06:38 pm »

Find an army and order them to be my cult. Earthquake them if they refuse.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2015, 07:15:55 pm »

((You're thinking of basic RtD. Advanced RTD has rolls varying from d6's to d1000's.
((Then I guess this is a basic RtD, I'd rather have this game act so that it's still equally likely that, for instance, a strong cultist will flub an attack but it's less punishing if they do and more rewarding if they succeed.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2015, 07:45:07 pm »

attempt to gain more cultists.

Task current cultists to gather corpses/skeletons, don't have to be human.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2015, 07:58:57 pm »

I'm going to assume Harry's just going to do the same thing so we can move along...

[6] The cultists scour the earth, finding everything from artifacts to different places they want to show their beloved flower god when he arrives. Unfortunately they lose track of how many things they catalog and end up with a huge compendium of seemingly random stuff which they must sift through to find what they need. And naturally they chose not to actually pick any of it up, because the orbs are actually twelve feet in diameter and made of solid quartz, you kinda want to bring the rest of the stuff to the orb not the other way around. Trust  me, a bunch of cultists died trying to carry one of those things (-10 cultists). Also, dragon blood orchids are kinda poisonous, you don't wanna know how they found out (-40 cultists).

[3] You get new followers, but still not anyone important (+50 cultists).

turn 4 end. Turn 5 begin.

Score:
Keeper: 75 cultists, 35 Inquisitors
Brok: 20 Inquisitors

Find an army and order them to be my cult. Earthquake them if they refuse.
[6] You successfully convince some people to join you (+50 cultists). Unfortuantely they want to see a demonstration of your power and die in the explosion (-50 cultists).

attempt to gain more cultists.

Task current cultists to gather corpses/skeletons, don't have to be human.

[6] You whisper into the minds of mortals to gain more followers, alas you whisper too loudly and they all go mad and get dragged off to Ashvale Asylum (+75 insane cultists (jailed)).

[6] They gather the corpses and bones of many creatures and attempt to sort them out for you, unfortunately separating them from their useful connective bits. Resurrecting them now would just give you piles of living, nonmoving bones. Also a few cultists get sick and die after handling the corpses (-5 cultists).

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2015, 11:16:40 pm »

RAGE. Earthquake volcano murder all of Big Dog's followers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 121