Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212338 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2015, 06:05:46 pm »

Me: contact the nice inquisitor fellows and explain their mistake. Or, if I'm not in time, casually rip Brok in half with dandelion strength.

Cultists: also prevent Brok's summoning, and give the inquisitors the proper instructions.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2015, 06:53:53 pm »

Me: Oversee my cultists work on building the library

10 high placed and 700 cultists: tear down the shoddy building and begin construction of great library

200 cultists: Hand out gift baskets in the name of keeper to people on the street. No hidden agenda, no converting, just free gift baskets.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2015, 07:05:31 pm »

Me: contact the nice inquisitor fellows and explain their mistake. Or, if I'm not in time, casually rip Brok in half with dandelion strength.

Cultists: also prevent Brok's summoning, and give the inquisitors the proper instructions.

Prevent this from happening by any means possible. Earthquakes, volcanos, beasts, bombs, anything to prevent Big Dog from getting the message through.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2015, 07:50:24 pm »

Me: Oversee my cultists work on building the library

10 high placed and 700 cultists: tear down the shoddy building and begin construction of great library

200 cultists: Hand out gift baskets in the name of keeper to people on the street. No hidden agenda, no converting, just free gift baskets.

[2] You want to supervise your minions, but you get distracted reading a really good book and they are left to their own devices.

[5] In record time the cultists tear down the old warehouse and build a grand library able to keep centuries worth of knowledge, or even eons if you arrange it properly. They waste no time moving copies of books from your collection of knowledge into its grand shelves and some even study a few of them and gain a lesser amount of your power (grand library base, 20 cultists converted into Keeper's Chosen).

[5] They hand out many gift baskets, spreading your literature and knowledge among many people. Some of these people keep blogs, and tell people around the globe how awesome you are and how many amazing things they've learned from you sharing a bit of your knowledge (You're now popular, yay!).

Prevent this from happening by any means possible. Earthquakes, volcanos, beasts, bombs, anything to prevent Big Dog from getting the message through.
He hasn't started doing that yet, but you start attacking him and his cultists because of your amazing foresight... also because you just really hate Big Dog...
[6] Big Dog's utter lack of resistance to your manipulation allows you to completely wreck him even from the "comfort" of your home world. Volcanoes erupt, the earth shakes, and summon explosives all around him and his cult. One of big dog's leaves is torn off and several petals from his head burn up. His cultists are culled until only the strong remain and Big Dog himself is wounded, though he will recover given time. (Big Dog moderately wounded, BD: -75 cultists, remaining BD cultists are now empowered and harder to kill

Inquisitors: Perform the purge!
[4] Big Dog knows what he's doing and would never help one as wretched as Brok, so you perform the ritual he sent you to the letter, luckily these Orbs of Stalwart and dragon blood are so easy to find, eh? A portal opens and from it steps what appears to be a giant spiked humanoid crocodile statue. The inquisitors draw their weapons raise their fists and are filled with a berserk rage that empowers them to strike harder and move faster. Nonetheless, there is only so much unarmed humans can do against a giant spiky stone crocodile septuple-wielding hammers and axes, so the ones who escape run for the security of their base, so they may fight another day, leaving only a few scratches and bruises on the behemoth for their effort (Brok summoned, -30 inquisitors, Brok slightly wounded).
((PS: how big is Brok supposed to be? Large for a crocodile? Only a foot or two taller than a human? The size of a building? Just want to make sure I'm describing the fights correctly... also this one might seem more dramatic due to it being more dramatic that the other summonings...))

-3 Horrors have been summoned, Folston's inherent magic is driven back by their eldritch power.
End of turn 14. Begin turn 15.

Big Dog: 95 empowered cultists, Has been summoned, has destroyed 2 Orbs of Stalwart, 1 Orb of Storms, and 1 decoy orb, has glass shards, Horrible embarrassment over his mistake, moderately wounded
Keeper: 880 cultists, 20 Keeper's Chosen 10 cultists in high places, Inquisitors would have a nuke if they were around, Grand library base, has been summoned
Brok: 10 Injured Inquisitors, Inquisitors active, Inquisitors well fortified, Brok summoned, Brok slightly wounded
-All supplies for summoning can be acquired easily
-Folston destroyed
((moderate wounds = weaker in a physical fight. slight wounds = not weakening in itself, but easily exploited in a fight by, for example, throwing salt in the wounds))

[2] You decide in light of your recent exploding that trying to choke out a giant crocodile would be a less than ideal strategy. Also you can't close the barn after the cows run away.

[5] The cultists are too late to stop the summoning, but they do give medical aid to the surviving inquisitors and give them some glass shards that they can use as weapons. They also give them some advice on how to not get killed by earthquakes and explosions, which greatly increases their chances of success against the patron saint of destruction (Brok inquisitors no longer wounded, Brok inquisitors now lightly armed, Brok inquisitors now empowered). ((don't worry, you still have most of your glass shards, but I figured you wanted this to do something impressive despite being too late))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2015, 04:01:50 am »

Me: relax a little. Time heals all wounds, as they say.

Empowered cultists: spread far and wide the knowledge of how to defend against and attack Brok.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2015, 11:00:36 am »

((About 10-12 feet tall.))

At last, I am summoned! It is good to have a physical form again, now I can experience the destruction first hand! And second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth hands. All my hands are built for destruction. Finish off the weak pitiful crippled flower known as Big Dog.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2015, 11:03:30 am »

Me and my chosen 20: train 80 other cultists to become keeper's chosen

10 in high places and 200 cultists: procure armaments

600 cultists: Get combat training

all cultists: if any of our number dies, have his remains brought to the library

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2015, 04:38:38 pm »

((About 10-12 feet tall.))

At last, I am summoned! It is good to have a physical form again, now I can experience the destruction first hand! And second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth hands. All my hands are built for destruction. Finish off the weak pitiful crippled flower known as Big Dog.
[5] You track down and rend poor Big Dog stem from root. He is mortally wounded and will die at the end of next turn if he is unable to get some form of healing (real healing, not just recovery over time, for example having his cultists bandage him up). You also summoned a giant hammer for the sake of the beatdown that you didn't even get to smash over his dandelion head (Big Dog mortally wounded, no damage taken, +Giant hammer).

Inquisitors: Recruit!
[5] They are overwhelmingly successful at getting people to rally against the dangerous monster that will soon ravage the land (+100 inquisitors).

Me and my chosen 20: train 80 other cultists to become keeper's chosen

10 in high places and 200 cultists: procure armaments

600 cultists: Get combat training

all cultists: if any of our number dies, have his remains brought to the library

[3] You manage to get a few of them to pick up your lessons, but many are unable to grasp the lessons (+40 Keeper's Chosen).

[2] They picked a bad spot to search and can't find anything big enough to wield in battle.

[5] All 600 quickly grasp the concepts of hand to hand fighting, they could probably stand a decent chance against even conditioned soldiers (600 cultists now well trained)

[no roll] Due to lack of dying nobody needs to be brought to the library

Turn end actions: Brok healed to uninjured
End of turn 15. Begin turn 16.

Score:
Big Dog: 95 empowered cultists, Has been summoned, has destroyed 2 Orbs of Stalwart, 1 Orb of Storms, and 1 decoy orb, has glass shards, mortally wounded
Keeper: 240 cultists, 600 well trained cultists, 60 Keeper's Chosen, 10 cultists in high places, Inquisitors would have a nuke if they were around, Grand library base, has been summoned, has a few piles of loose bones I forgot about
Brok: 10 Lightly armed Empowered Inquisitors, 100 Inquisitors, Inquisitors active, Inquisitors well fortified, Brok summoned, giant hammer
-All supplies for summoning can be acquired easily
-Folston destroyed

Me: relax a little. Time heals all wounds, as they say.

Empowered cultists: spread far and wide the knowledge of how to defend against and attack Brok.

((Due to Big Dog being on Death's door, I'll give him a chance to reconsider this choice of action))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2015, 05:04:17 pm »

Well then, get replanted. Not much else for it, eh?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2015, 05:32:20 pm »

Well then, get replanted. Not much else for it, eh?
[4] Your cultists manage to get you planted in a fresh pot of soil with some rooting hormone, as long as you don't get attacked again until you heal some more, you'll live (stabilized, now merely heavily wounded).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2015, 12:20:33 am »

Well now, better heal myself in any case.

Cultists, though, they better try and research some defensive rituals to help protect themselves and me.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2015, 03:26:03 pm »

Me +40 cultists: try to train another 40 cultists to keeper's chosen

All other cultists + 10 cultists in high places: try and procure weapons

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2015, 03:28:25 pm »

"hey, keeper guy. wanna help me maybe. will keep big lizard busy if yes."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2015, 04:13:50 pm »

"Certainly, friend. What seems to be the trouble?"

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2015, 05:10:12 pm »

Me +40 cultists: try to train another 40 cultists to keeper's chosen

All other cultists + 10 cultists in high places: try and procure weapons

((as well as that has been going...))
[1] You fail to give them the strength you want, and they commit seppuku in shame (-40 cultists)

[6] They find a ludicrous number of explosives and neurotoxins, it's kinda scary how effective the toxins are (-100 cultists, gained explosives, gained canisters of toxins). Luckily there's no potential legal trouble since your cultists in high places sign it off.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 121