Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212231 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2015, 08:26:57 pm »

In the interest of moving things along I'm going to assume NAV wants to attack Big Dog again, unless he says otherwise in the next hour

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2015, 09:43:51 pm »

This is taking forever, let's get this moving
Finish off the weak pitiful crippled flower known as Big Dog.
[4] You raise your mighty hammer to the sky, and bring it down crushing Big Dog to mush, shattering the pot he's planted in and sending soil flying everywhere. His cultists lament his death, but will continue to act in his name to the end of their lives (Big Dog is dead).

End of turn 16. Begin turn 17.

score:
  • Big Dog: 95 empowered cultists, Has been summoned, has destroyed 2 Orbs of Stalwart, 1 Orb of Storms, and 1 decoy orb, has glass shards, DEAD
    Keeper: 100 cultists, 600 well trained cultists, 60 Keeper's Chosen, 10 cultists in high places, Inquisitors would have a nuke if they were around, Grand library base, has been summoned, has a few piles of loose bones I forgot about, has canisters of toxin, has explosives
    Brok: 10 Lightly armed Empowered Inquisitors, 100 Inquisitors, Inquisitors active, Inquisitors well fortified, Brok summoned, giant hammer, has slain Big Dog
    -All supplies for summoning can be acquired easily
    -Folston destroyed

Well now, better heal myself in any case.

Cultists, though, they better try and research some defensive rituals to help protect themselves and me.

[irrelevant] In light of your recent demise, you are unable to heal yourself

[4] They find several rituals that would be useful for many thing, such as the ritual of shielding, which requires an aegis jar and protects you from eldritch powers, and a ritual of binding, which prevents people or monsters from leaving a certain area for a limited time. A shame you aren't here to see how good they're doing (+knowledge of shield & binding rituals).

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2015, 01:09:21 am »

All will fall before Brok the Strong!
Go demolish the library.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2015, 08:09:47 am »

me: send word to Brok's inquisitors as to where he is. Ask that they join us in fighting this evil

50 normal cultists: Go after brok first with the neurotoxins, do this before the rest of our force gets close.

50 normal cultists: spread the word that Brok killed our beloved Big Dog through the news/internet. Hope to rally some auxiliary forces from the ensueing outrage

600 well trained cultists: hole up in the library and attack Brok with the explosives at range

10 cultists in high places: use every available contact to call in mercenary reinforcements/police/military

60 keeper's chosen: keep animating those who die in the assault so they might fight once more

"It seems we cannot live in peace after. I suppose total war was inevetable"

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2015, 09:33:48 am »

All will fall before Brok the Strong!
Go demolish the library.

[1] You attempt to summon a mighty earthquake to destroy the Great library, but just as he who gazes too long into the void, Keeper gazes back into you. He learns your darkest secrets and changes where you think the library is, so you actually destroy an orphanage. Your inquisitors help out and gain more volunteers (+50 inquisitors, Keeper knows your secrets) ((feel free to tell him what those secrets are, or we'll just assume they're weak spots in combat and holes in your power))

Armed Inquisitors: train for battle
[3] They don't improve very much, but they at least have a thorough understanding of which end of the blade to stick into the enemy (armed inquisitors now minimally trained).

Other inquisitors: get weapons
[6] Now who would leave this nuke just lying around? Someone could get hurt! (-50 inquisitors, inquisitors gain a nuke)

me: send word to Brok's inquisitors as to where he is. Ask that they join us in fighting this evil

50 normal cultists: Go after brok first with the neurotoxins, do this before the rest of our force gets close.

50 normal cultists: spread the word that Brok killed our beloved Big Dog through the news/internet. Hope to rally some auxiliary forces from the ensueing outrage

600 well trained cultists: hole up in the library and attack Brok with the explosives at range

10 cultists in high places: use every available contact to call in mercenary reinforcements/police/military

60 keeper's chosen: keep animating those who die in the assault so they might fight once more

"It seems we cannot live in peace after. I suppose total war was inevetable"
[4] The inquisitors are on their way, with luck Brok won't be alive two turns from now (Inquisitors called in).

[5] The neurotoxins paralyze Brok for the next turn and he's having trouble breathing. None of your cultists get caught in the gas (Brok paralyzed (can't move, can only use his powers and has less power due to his brain being numbed)).

[6] There is a huge upsurge of sympathy for Big Dog's demise and his cultists get gifts from around the globe as well as many people demanding Brok be punished. Naturally since this is the internet, trolling and hate on Big Dog also rises (Big Dog's followers are now spirited, +20 Big Dog inquisitors).

[6] You blast him with so many explosives that the vibrations knock some of the shelves over in the great library, and some cultists get crushed. Damn, that stony carapace of his is tough (Brok moderately wounded, Great library damaged, -50 well trained cultists).

[5] The entire military force of humanity is now aware of how dangerous Brok is. They are descending upon him (human faction activated, humanity is against Brok).

[6] They cast and they cast as fast as they can, raising the dead as they fall. They get a little too excited with their casting and accidentally move some of Brok's bones back into place (Brok now only lightly wounded, +50 Skelebros)

End turn 17. Begin turn 18.

score:
Big Dog: 95 empowered spirited cultists, Has been summoned, has destroyed 2 Orbs of Stalwart, 1 Orb of Storms, and 1 decoy orb, has glass shards, DEAD, knowledge of Binding and Shielding rituals, 20 inquisitors
Keeper: 100 cultists, 550 well trained cultists, 60 Keeper's Chosen, 10 cultists in high places, Inquisitors would have a nuke if they were around, lightly damaged Grand library base, has been summoned, has a few piles of loose bones I forgot about, and 40 cultists who died in training, Brok's secrets, 50 raised cultists
Brok: 10 Lightly armed minimally trained Empowered Inquisitors, 100 Inquisitors, Inquisitors active, Inquisitors well fortified, Inquisitors have a nuke, Brok summoned, giant hammer, has slain Big Dog, lightly wounded, hated by humanity, paralyzed
-All supplies for summoning can be acquired easily
-Folston destroyed
-human faction now active
((Jeez, a lot of stuff just happened, I probably missed something on the score chart...))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2015, 09:50:53 am »

Hey, can my fair cultists resummon me? Failing that, resurrect me? That sounds like it'd be handy. Maybe use an Orb of Stalwart for it?

Or heck, vegetative reproduction, man. Just need some appropriate eldritch hormones and some of that mush and you'll have a new Big Dog in no time.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2015, 11:31:39 am »

Hey, can my fair cultists resummon me? Failing that, resurrect me? That sounds like it'd be handy. Maybe use an Orb of Stalwart for it?

Or heck, vegetative reproduction, man. Just need some appropriate eldritch hormones and some of that mush and you'll have a new Big Dog in no time.

Dead is dead man, you can have your cultists turn your body into skin cream or something if you want, but you can't come back. As for reproduction...

[2] Your cultists, even determined as they are, cannot get Big Dog's pollen to work with normal plants. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they keep trying to rub it on the leaves and not the flower, but hey, they're no plant pros...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2015, 11:45:36 am »

Get some beasts to come aid me in this battle.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2015, 12:06:33 pm »

Get some beasts to come aid me in this battle.
[6] You summon beasts of the forest to aid you, mighty falcons and bears come running to join you in besting this freak of nature that calls himself the Keeper. Of course, bird talons are rather sharp and the bears are a little too happy to see you, especially with their boosted strength from your presence, and you get a little damaged from their enthusiasm (Now moderately wounded, but you have 30 Falcons and 50 bears come to fight with you).

Edit: forgot about the inquisitors
Normal Inquisitors: Launch ze Nuke!
[4] The nuke is launched and blasts through your stony skin, rending your nerves and flesh asunder. With luck your regenerative healing would save you, but I wouldn't hold my breath. (Brok mortally wounded)
Armed inquisitors: attack Brok!
[5] They tear into your now exposed flesh with their glass shivs and rip your organs apart. You simply can't fight back, but your beasts remain to fight for you despite your power being gone. (Brok is dead)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2015, 12:08:33 pm »

Hm... well, for one, I said vegetative reproduction. Can't blame the poor buggers, really, considering I'm dead and all. Nevertheless!

Cultists! Supply the remnants of Big Dog to science! Like, biological science, so they can make more. Perhaps they can make something good out of them yet! They should be reasonably lively, after all.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2015, 12:43:04 pm »

Just realized I didn't give Brok's inquisitors a turn... whoops, looks like Brok is dead and Keeper has won, unless you guys want another turn or two for your cultists/beasts to try to make the ending more memorable...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2015, 12:55:15 pm »

((I say we go for a more elaborate ending!))

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2015, 01:02:39 pm »

((I say we go for a more elaborate ending!))

((And then a Sequel!))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2015, 02:38:27 pm »

((If we're going for an elaborate ending, without rolls, here's what keeper would do with his victory and subsequent dominion of earth.))

Have cultists/police/army/inquisitros deal with Brok's beasts. Springtime cleanup, if you will.

Have myself and cultists help advance the knowledge and education of the human race

Build a monument and dedicate a few libraries to Big Dog

Pay special care to science. The Keeper would like nothing more than for his loyal minions to rule the stars.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:58:53 pm by Pancaek »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2015, 03:45:19 pm »

Beasts kill Keeper. Avenge me!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 121