Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212275 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2015, 02:51:33 pm »

Let's name ourselves Kudzu, for poetry's sake.

And no, Brok's remains go in the bin, where they shall languish until they are taken to a landfill in New Mexico. There they shall properly mature for a while.

Then after, say, a year has passed, absorb these more palatable remains.

And then, hell, do whatever! But break the Orbs of Stalwart beforehand, just to be safe.

Whatever remains of keeper's consciousness concurs with this

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2015, 03:25:30 pm »

Let's name ourselves Kudzu, for poetry's sake.

And no, Brok's remains go in the bin, where they shall languish until they are taken to a landfill in New Mexico. There they shall properly mature for a while.

Then after, say, a year has passed, absorb these more palatable remains.

And then, hell, do whatever! But break the Orbs of Stalwart beforehand, just to be safe.

Whatever remains of keeper's consciousness concurs with this
Kudzu it shall be, and the cultists burn Brok's remains to ensure he doesn't have some kind of resurrection ability (he doesn't, but they are being paranoid).

Alas, you don't get to tell Kudzu exactly what to do, he is his own abomination and will walk the Earth doing as he sees fit with his mighty strength and moderate psionic power. He eats the ashes and gains much higher power, enough to rip entire lands asunder. Will he use this for good or evil? Only time will tell.

[6] The cultists find the remaining orbs and smash them, since they know that's what you would've wanted. Some of them get hurt by the orbs rolling around, but they manage to get medical treatment.

Final results: Kudzu has become a sort of new leader and symbol of hope for many cultists. While he does cause some trouble, such as knocking over a building or killing some people who used to be inquisitors for his various components. Mostly however, he simply wanders and uses his powers of necrokinesis, knowledge weaving, and Earth shaping to help those around him.

Keepers followers continue working to advance science and knowledge of humanity, leading to a new era of enlightenment in the ways of the eldritch. His Chosen manage to maintain his power through their bloodlines and eventually create their own school, "Keeper's school of knowledge and necromancy". Time is taken to repair the Great library and over time integrate the knowledge within into other places. The wealth of this information within brings even more progress to this age of learning.

Big Dog's followers become extremely successful in getting people's favor and pull people toward more research. Though the market for Big Dog merchandise is limited, many new products become available based on Big Dog's tissues and genes, and eventually a cloning project successfully makes a new strange singing plant. It finds its new home in "The Little shop of Horrors," as the store is named. His few inquisitors spend a lot of time badmouthing him, but mostly go ignored.

Brok, though his influence is gone from the world, lives on in memory. A successful movie franchise springs from tales of his rampage and his power. Coming this spring, it's "Brok the mighty and the land of broken limbs". His inquisitors occasionally meet up to talk about how much they love giving to charity and helping the less fortunate.

End of Game 1.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2015, 10:29:24 am »

We just post a new character sheet, right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I do stuff, I guess

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 signups open
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2015, 11:36:14 am »

Yep, I just now figured out how to change the title of the thread, so hopefully we'll get more than 3 participants this time :)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2015, 11:48:09 am »

Will this work?

Spoiler: Yippee! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:04:34 pm by Ardent Debater »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2015, 12:37:18 pm »

Yeah, you can have a 30 foot tall guy made of tissue paper if you want, just like Big Dog was a dandelion strong enough to lift a battleship...

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2015, 04:07:15 am »

Spoiler: First sheet ever! (click to show/hide)
oh god this is such a bad idea
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:41:36 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2015, 08:40:44 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet: (click to show/hide)
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 has begun
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2015, 09:16:31 am »

Game 2 start

Characters:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yippee! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: First sheet ever! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet: (click to show/hide)

Turn 1:
[5] Nightmare screams into the ears of humanity and drives them to do her bidding. Few are willing, but many are compelled (+100 cultists).

[2] Carl Yelvin has a bit of trouble getting the psychic link to the human world connected. Please try again later.

[2] The Plauge Doctor is unable to find support among the human populace. Come on guys, disease is a gift, not a curse!

[4] The mad matron whispers to people in a stern motherly tone. Their inner child feels they must help (+50 cultists)

End of turn 1
Score:
Nightmare - 100 cultists
Carl Yelvin - 404 error: unable to connect to mortal plane
Plauge Doctor - Intentionally misspelled name
Mad matron - 50 cultists

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2015, 09:26:27 am »

If I could, I would abstain from the use of such...counter-productive pawns entirely. But one needs to be summoned to be at full power, regrettably.

Try again to gain followers, this time aimed at people who...aren't necessarily in the right state of mind. I need bodies, not souls; this might be easier than converting sane people.

EDIT: Intentionally misspelled name? What intentionally misspelled name?
*Holds hand over edit marker*
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:14:48 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2015, 09:27:29 am »

Continue whispering in the ears of humans.
Cultists: Search for the artifacts.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:30:28 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2015, 10:53:00 am »

Ah, I see that these weaklings may yet accept the beauty of the Night.

Continue trying to recruit cultists from people like clubbers, those who stay up late.

Cultists: 25 - Keep tabs on the cultists of the Mad Matron and their activities
                75 - Establish a base in a cave system of some sort.

I do stuff, I guess

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2015, 12:36:01 pm »

Turn 2:
If I could, I would abstain from the use of such...counter-productive pawns entirely. But one needs to be summoned to be at full power, regrettably.

Try again to gain followers, this time aimed at people who...aren't necessarily in the right state of mind. I need bodies, not souls; this might be easier than converting sane people.

EDIT: Intentionally misspelled name? What intentionally misspelled name?
*Holds hand over edit marker*
((I've been calling him plauge doctor because I think it's funnier than plague doctor, if you want me to stop just say so))
[6] In your attempt to find madness you create it yourself, driving those you manage to contact mad. They will still do what you want, but they may be a bit unreliable. Also, some people start investigating what's driving people mad (+50 mad cultists, +10 inquisitors).

Continue whispering in the ears of humans.
Cultists: Search for the artifacts.

[6] You manage to get some people to join you, but as it turns out not everyone wants their childhood fears reawakened. What a bunch of jerks (+50 cultsists, +20 inquisitors)

[6] They successfully locate one of the Orbs of Stalwart, but the elusive dragon flower remains hidden. Several cultists get lost in the forest and never return (Orb of Stalwart 1 found, -25 cultists).

Ah, I see that these weaklings may yet accept the beauty of the Night.

Continue trying to recruit cultists from people like clubbers, those who stay up late.

Cultists: 25 - Keep tabs on the cultists of the Mad Matron and their activities
                75 - Establish a base in a cave system of some sort.

[4] You get several ravers to join your merry band of madness. They love the idea of eternal night, partying forever! (yeah, they don't have much foresight) (+50 cultists)

[5] They keep a keen eye on Momthulhu's cultists and jot down the location of the Orb of Stalwart they found (+location of Orb of Stalwart 1)

[6] They find a cave system with plenty of space for your great horsiness... unfortunately it has bears living in it. They still get the base set up after driving them away though (-35 cultists, cave base built).

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2015, 02:28:12 pm »

Reattempt to contact Basement Dwellers who live with their parents and hardcore Larpers, Then order them to spread the Cult, Along with throwing around a few Miracles to convert more Nerds to my cause.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2015, 02:54:51 pm »

Reattempt to contact Basement Dwellers who live with their parents and hardcore Larpers, Then order them to spread the Cult, Along with throwing around a few Miracles to convert more Nerds to my cause.
[6] You convert many nerds to your cause. They think the minor tricks you can pull from the land of fables are awesome. The local jocks are less impressed (+100 cultists, +35 inquisitors).

End turn 2.
Score/inventory:
Nightmare - 115 cultists, access to Orb of Stalwart 1, cave base
Carl Yelvin - 100 cultists, 35 inquisitors
Plauge Doctor - 50 mad cultists, 10 inquisitors
Mad matron - 75 cultists, 20 inquisitors, access to Orb of Stalwart 1
Edit: accidentally shorted Yelvin on cultists, fixed
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 121