Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212200 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 signups open
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2015, 05:12:27 pm »

Summon a Lot of Medival Weaponry and Armor and teach the Nerds how to use them and give The 5 most Nerdy among them the ability to use Minor Destruction magic. Then order them to slaughter the Jocks and Carl Preforms more Miracles to convert more Nerds to his cause.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2015, 05:42:52 pm »

Make the inquisitors suffer hallucinations about their parents.
35 cultists: Recruit more 45 cultists: search for the dragon's blood.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2015, 06:42:08 pm »

Summon a Lot of Medival Weaponry and Armor and teach the Nerds how to use them and give The 5 most Nerdy among them the ability to use Minor Destruction magic. Then order them to slaughter the Jocks and Carl Preforms more Miracles to convert more Nerds to his cause.
((You can't teach your cultists magic until you're summoned, and you didn't put "summon weapon" on your character sheet, so unless your cultists have gotten some random junk they are willing to have turned into maces and axes you're going to need to take a different course of action. Your cultists can still attack the inquisitors if you want though.))

Turn 3:
Make the inquisitors suffer hallucinations about their parents.
35 cultists: Recruit more 45 cultists: search for the dragon's blood.

[2] You aren't able to focus enough to manifest your power on the mortal plane. Nothing happens.

[5] Your cultists recruit many more people to the cause of your summoning. The recruits think it's a free childhood trauma help agency, but is that really much of a difference? (+100 cultists)

[5] The other cultists find a few of the rare flower that is used to make dragon's blood, and mix it into the ceremonial ichor without trouble. They are ready to start the summoning when you are (summoning ready).

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2015, 06:49:20 pm »

Make the inquisitors suffer debilitating hallucinations.
100 cultists: Attack Nightmare's cultists. 35 cultists:Put the artifacts in a safe hiding spot.
40 cultists: Recruit parents.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:09:36 am by wipeout1024 »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2015, 11:34:07 pm »

((Meh, if you want to call me a typo, that's alright. Don't really care.))
Hm? A group of individuals that want to destroy a being such as me? How pitiful. They shall be the first of my victims.

And what is this? Another being like me, intent on creating more fear, whereas I want to destroy it? This will not do. Pawns, after them!

Me: Spread disease on the inquisitors; better cut the weed before it grows and strangles the crop.
Cultists: Try to steal the dragons blood, or the orb of stalwart. Do NOT try to face The Matrons cultists head on if you can, but if things get desperate, destroy either artifact.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:37:21 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2015, 04:53:25 am »

Continue whispering to those who love the night.

Cultists:
95 - Attack the cultists of the Mad Matron surrounding the Orb of Stalwart. Try and establish a foothold there.
10 - Hold the base and buy guns and the like
5 - Find dragon's blood
5 - Keep tabs on the Mad Matron's cultists
I do stuff, I guess

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2015, 09:01:13 am »

RECRUIT MORE CULTISTS! And Try To Find Summoning Materials.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2015, 09:36:18 am »

((Meh, if you want to call me a typo, that's alright. Don't really care.))
Hm? A group of individuals that want to destroy a being such as me? How pitiful. They shall be the first of my victims.

And what is this? Another being like me, intent on creating more fear, whereas I want to destroy it? This will not do. Pawns, after them!

Me: Spread disease on the inquisitors; better cut the weed before it grows and strangles the crop.
Cultists: Try to steal the dragons blood, or the orb of stalwart. Do NOT try to face The Matrons cultists head on if you can, but if things get desperate, destroy either artifact.

[1] You accidentally send a plague upon your own followers... dammit, all these humans look the same to you! (mad cultists now plagued)

Cultists:
[5] They find it difficult due to not knowing where any of that stuff is and having never met the Mad matron or any of her followers, but by sheer luck they happen to find an orb of stalwart. Praise be to madness! (gained access to orb of stalwart 2)

Continue whispering to those who love the night.

Cultists:
95 - Attack the cultists of the Mad Matron surrounding the Orb of Stalwart. Try and establish a foothold there.
10 - Hold the base and buy guns and the like
5 - Find dragon's blood
5 - Keep tabs on the Mad Matron's cultists

[1] Turns out, some people actually enjoy sunlight. Weirdos (+20 inquisitors).

Cultists:
[6] They charge furiously into battle carrying the fury of the night and slaughter many of the matron's cultists, but in their fervor forget to set up an outpost. The inquisitors take notice of your influence (inquisitors activated, 75 matron cultists dead).
[2] They get distracted by the starry sky and stand outside all night instead of guarding the base.
[2] They find nothing. Oh well, it's not like they had enough manpower to collect a ritual's worth anyway.
[3] They watch the horrific slaughter of the Mad matron's cultists at the hands of your own cultists. They are extremely unphased. (nothing happens) ((you can't accomplish much with groups this small))

RECRUIT MORE CULTISTS! And Try To Find Summoning Materials.
[1] Those jocks don't like all these nerds organizing and join you hate club (+25 inquisitors).

cultists:
[4] They split into two groups and successfully find an orb of stalwart and some dragon blood flowers. They mark them out on a map for when you actually want to do the ritual. (gain access to orb of stalwart 3, dragon blood found, need to collect dragon blood before you can begin ritual)

End of turn 3.

Score/inventory:
Nightmare - 115 cultists, access to Orb of Stalwart 1, cave base, 20 inquisitors, inquisitors active, badge of poor prioritization
Carl Yelvin - 100 cultists, 60 inquisitors, access to orb of stalwart 3, dragon's blood found
Plauge Doctor - 50 plagued mad cultists, 10 inquisitors, access to orb of stalwart 2
Mad matron - 100 cultists, 20 inquisitors, access to Orb of Stalwart 1, summoning ready

Make the inquisitors suffer debilitating hallucinations.
100 cultists: Attack Nightmare's cultists. 35 cultists:Put the artifacts in a safe hiding spot.
40 cultists: Recruit parents.
[6] You force images of clowns and shadows in coat closets into the heads of all the inquisitors. They become paranoid and determined to stop your influence (inquisitors activated, inquisitors paranoid)

Cultists: ((gonna take the 75 dead guys out of the 3 groups, 50 from first group, 5 from second group, 10 from third group))
[1] Not one to be one-upped, you order the cultists to charge the enemy! Alas, it is a logistical failure as your cultists get lost in Nightmare's cave system and starve to death (-50 cultists).
[6] Your cultists haul this giant orb into a hidden location that nobody will be able to find ever. It's so well hidden that even your cultists can't find it (access to orb of stalwart 1 lost).
[2] They refuse to talk to their parents, possibly due to poor childhood experiences. ((I assume you're recruiting adults here and not 5 year olds as cultists, but feel free to correct me))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2015, 09:55:50 am »

Make the inquisitors go mad.
20 cultists: Recruit more people. 60 cultists: Find the Orb of Stalwart again. 20 cultists: Do good deeds.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2015, 10:07:55 am »

20 cultists: Recruit more people. 60 cultists: Find the Orb of Stalwart again. 20 cultists: Do good deeds.
((Just so we're clear, you're aiming at your inquisitors and not all inquisitors, right?))

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2015, 10:12:41 am »

If I am able to, cause a partial solar eclipse. Otherwise, continue the whole whispering recruitment drive.

Cultists:
75 - Do recon on the other horrors and my inquisitors.
40 - Procur weaponry for the base.

I do stuff, I guess

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2015, 10:31:43 am »

((Just so we're clear, you're aiming at your inquisitors and not all inquisitors, right?))
Yes.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2015, 11:36:32 am »

If I am able to, cause a partial solar eclipse. Otherwise, continue the whole whispering recruitment drive.

Cultists:
75 - Do recon on the other horrors and my inquisitors.
40 - Procur weaponry for the base.

You find your meager power cannot influence the mortal world from where you are, but you can still recruit
[4] You coax several people to join you. Who says the night has no friends? (+50 cultists)

Cultists:
[2] With all this light in the inquisitors' vicinity, they have trouble seeing what's happening.
[2] What is this "weaponry" you speak of? Your cultists certainly don't know.

Edit because I forgot:
Inquisitors: recruit
[5] They call on many people and hand out flyers to spread word of the eternal night that is coming and to enlist help in preventing it. They find many volunteers (+80 inquisitors).

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2015, 11:50:50 am »

Cultists:
75 - Find an Orb of Stalwart of my own
40 - Find the rest of the things needed for the ritual.
50 - Buy guns and ammunition and fortify the base.
I do stuff, I guess

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running
« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2015, 02:32:00 pm »

Me: Turn my Cultists worthless Electronic Junk into War Golems and then Attempt to summon a Beserk Balrog in the midst of the Jocks.
Balrog: Smite the Jocks
War Golems: Fight the Jocks if any are left, Otherwise Get the Dragon Blood.
90 Cultists: Get the Dragon Blood.
10 Cultists: Recruit more Cultists.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 121