Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212216 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2015, 06:02:33 pm »

Looks like the summoning ritual reached a bit farther than expected. No matter, atleast I am summoned. As for you, get out.

Me:Drag Paul Jeff into the inquisitor's base. Don't want him recruiting MY hard earned followers.
Dying guys: Spread the plague wherever you can! Though maybe not where the other cultists are.
Other blokes: Recruit recruit recruit recruit...

((his name is Jeff
heehee
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:43:24 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2015, 06:49:40 pm »

Make the Plauge Doctor's followers worst nightmares come true.
25 Cultists; Recruit more. The rest: Find the Orb of Stalwart.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2015, 09:30:02 pm »

Looks like the summoning ritual reached a bit farther than expected. No matter, atleast I am summoned. As for you, get out.

Me:Drag Paul into the inquisitor's base. Don't want him recruiting MY hard earned followers.
((his name's Jeff, Paul is the sapient pineapple from my other RTD, though we could bring Paul in if someone else botches the summoning or you perform the ritual again having already been summoned))

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2015, 10:46:23 pm »

Continue trying to make the inquisitors lose sleep.

Cultists:
50 - Move the Orb of Stalwart back to base
50 - Find dragon's blood
65 - Assault the inquisitors.
I do stuff, I guess

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2015, 06:27:04 am »

[Redacted, there was nothing important here]
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:43:09 am by Sl4cker »
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2015, 08:59:27 am »

Dammit AD, take your frickin turn already! Everyone else has already cued up their next actions!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2015, 10:35:25 pm »

You know what?
Carl Yelvin and his followers sleep through their turn.

End of turn 6.

Score:
Nightmare - 135 cultists, cave base with flame thrower defenses, 80 drowsy inquisitors, inquisitors active, access to Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies
Carl Yelvin - 180 cultists, 35 recovering lightly injured inquisitors, 50 scrap golems, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, summoned
Plauge Doctor - 15 corpses of mad cultists dead from plague, 25 cultists, 20 inquisitors, inquisitors activated, inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (10), has been summoned, people will sometimes refuse treatment for plague
Mad matron - 65 cultists, 50 silly looking inquisitors, inquisitors active

Me:Drag Paul Jeff into the inquisitor's base. Don't want him recruiting MY hard earned followers.
Dying guys: Spread the plague wherever you can! Though maybe not where the other cultists are.
Other blokes: Recruit recruit recruit recruit...

((his name is Jeff
heehee
You:
[4] The inquisitors don't have a base, but you physically drag Jeff into the inquisitors' general area (Jeff now in inquisitors' nonbase)

[irrelevant] They can't do that because they are already dead. Luckily you can resurrect them as zombies on your next turn.
[2] They can't find anyone to join them

Since you didn't tell Jeff to do something he'll do his own thing:
[4] He gets to do something this turn, he will try to recruit those around him, ie the inquisitors
[4] He successfully recruits all of the inquisitors as his followers
Inquisitors Cultists of Jeff: Attempt to learn Jeff's power
[3] Some of them gain part of Jeff's powers of persuasion and ability to smoke out those around them. Others just get faces full of smoke (25 cultists become Jeff's chosen)
Jeff now has 9 turns to live. He returns home, because he misses you.

Make the Plauge Doctor's followers worst nightmares come true.
25 Cultists; Recruit more. The rest: Find the Orb of Stalwart.
[4] You can't really make them come true, but you make him believe they're true. The world has been cleansed of disease and his power is now worthless (Plauge doctor loses a turn because he believes he is powerless).

[3] they bring as many people as they can find into the cult, though not as many as you had hoped (+25 cultists).
[5] They find an orb of stalwart, and some dragon blood conveniently set up. It's almost like someone performed a summoning here recently and didn't clean up (gained access to Orb of Stalwart 2 and gained dragon blood).

Inquisitors: destroy the Orb of Stalwart!
[1] They completely fuck up destroying the orb and several of them get crushed (-25 inquisitors).

Continue trying to make the inquisitors lose sleep.

Cultists:
50 - Move the Orb of Stalwart back to base
50 - Find dragon's blood
65 - Assault the inquisitors.

[4] You deprive the inquisitors of their sleep further. They miss a turn because they keep nodding off (inquisitors miss turn).

[4] You move the Orb of Stalwart back to your cave. No reason to leave it out where you're exposed when you've got a "nice", "safe" base to keep it in (Orb of Stalwart 1 secured).
[5] They find such a quantity of the stuff that they decide to try dipping darts in it and shooting them at people (gained dragon blood, 25 cultists now have poison darts/assassin ability)
[6] They charge into battle and strike with the fury of the night. Some of them don't make it home, astonishing considering that the inquisitors were asleep at the time (-65 inquisitors, -30 cultists).

Inquisitors: do a thing
[irrelevant] They miss their turn due to being asleep

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2015, 11:16:39 pm »

((Wait. How does this work? So I cannot do anything for a turn, I get that, but what about my cultists? Are they powerless too?

Also, I can tell Jeff to do stuff? I thought he was a hindrance))
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 11:25:33 pm by Sl4cker »
carrot cakeu

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2015, 11:27:06 pm »

At last, this world shall know the glory of the Night!

Bask in glory and magnificence
Cultists:
50 - Do the summoning ritual
85 - Make more plushies and distribute them in celebration.
I do stuff, I guess

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2015, 12:15:42 am »

((Wait. How does this work? So I cannot do anything for a turn, I get that, but what about my cultists? Are they powerless too?

Also, I can tell Jeff to do stuff? I thought he was a hindrance))
((You personally can't do anything, but your cultists can still do things, and Jeff and his cultists are still on your side even though his abilities are annoying. Remember he has to roll once to tell whether he's allowed to do anything at all, and he's still going to have passive effects on those around him even if he doesn't take action. I've been assuming you didn't want to poison your allies so I've been ignoring your presence effects thus far.))

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2015, 12:41:22 am »

((In that case))

Wh-what is this? There is no disease? At all? My powers... have been taken away? How?! I...

FAILED?!

Me: Cry tears of liquid radiation
Cultists: Move the base of operations away from Jeff, Then recruit maybe
Jeff and co: Politely ask Nightmare to stop scaring one of your dear friends.

((and yes, I most certainly do not want allies poisoned thanks))
carrot cakeu

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2015, 03:52:19 am »

Start the summoning.
20 cultists: Spread awareness about the Plauge doctor's plague.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2015, 10:22:45 am »

Given Ardent Debater's lack of posts in the last day or two, I'll assume he's dropped from the game. He can pick up his character if he comes back but I'm not holding things up for him anymore.
End of turn 7.
Score:
Nightmare - 80 cultists, 25 assassin cultists, cave base with flame thrower defenses, 15 drowsy inquisitors, inquisitors active, secured Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies
Carl Yelvin - 180 cultists, 35 recovering lightly injured inquisitors, 50 scrap golems, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, summoned
Plauge Doctor - 15 corpses of mad cultists dead from plague, 25 cultists, inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (9), 20 chosen of Jeff, has been summoned, people will sometimes refuse treatment for plague
Mad matron - 90 cultists, 25 silly looking inquisitors, inquisitors active, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood

((Just realized I was looking at Nightmare's scores while writing Plague doctor's stuff, hopefully won't do that again))
At last, this world shall know the glory of the Night!

Bask in glory and magnificence
Cultists:
50 - Do the summoning ritual
85 - Make more plushies and distribute them in celebration.

[5] You bask so gloriously that everyone is in awe of you.
cultists:
[6] They summon you from your homeworld. And you brought a friend!
Spoiler: Lucius (click to show/hide)
[6] So many plushies! You flood the market for Nightmare Plushies before there is any reasonable demand (Plushies distributed, market overflow).

((In that case))

Wh-what is this? There is no disease? At all? My powers... have been taken away? How?! I...

FAILED?!

Me: Cry tears of liquid radiation
Cultists: Move the base of operations away from Jeff, Then recruit maybe
Jeff and co: Politely ask Nightmare to stop scaring one of your dear friends.

((and yes, I most certainly do not want allies poisoned thanks))
[no roll] You are busy rocking back and forth in a stupor and miss your turn.
Cultists:
[4] You pick up all your stuff and leave for elsewhere. Hopefully an area that isn't being flooded with tobacco smoke constantly. (base of operations moved).
Jeff:
[1] Jeff can't do anything, and his cultists stay with him, missing their turns due to hacking coughs

Jeff loses another turn of health and can't pursue his overlord. You can't give him orders until he gets back to you. ((Did you really think you could just run away from your problems with no consequences?))

Start the summoning.
20 cultists: Spread awareness about the Plauge doctor's plague.

[6] They summon you from the ethereal land, but you're not alone.
Spoiler: Paul (click to show/hide)
[1] They can't get the word out because they all lost their cell phones. Bummer. (Cultists lose long range communication, you need to be with them to give them orders)
((I'll post end of turn in a bit, it's hard to do two of these things on the same post))
Edit: Retconned Nightmare's millstone, it seemed a little too mean to give you someone that couldn't succeed at anything

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2015, 11:12:18 am »

End of turn 8.
Score:
Nightmare - 80 cultists, 25 assassin cultists, cave base with flame thrower defenses, 15 drowsy inquisitors, inquisitors active, secured Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies, glorious presence, has been summoned, Diabolus Lucius (5), plushies distributed, plushie market flooded
Carl Yelvin - 180 cultists, 35 recovering lightly injured inquisitors, 50 scrap golems, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, summoned, AWOL
Plauge Doctor - 15 corpses of mad cultists dead from plague, 25 cultists, inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (8_), 20 chosen of Jeff, has been summoned, people will sometimes refuse treatment for plague, escaped Jeff for now
Mad matron - 90 cultists w/o cell phones, 25 silly looking inquisitors, inquisitors active, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, has been summoned, Paul (5)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2015, 05:28:55 pm »

I HAVEN'T ABANDONED YOU GUYS!

Give some of My Nerds Magical Powers, Summon several Minotaurs, Create more Golems, And Attack the Inquisitors!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 121