Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 214761 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running
« Reply #255 on: April 07, 2015, 06:03:13 am »

((Nightmare still gets a turn because she still has cultists to act out her will for her... though if you'd rather just dissolve your cult that's fine too))
((Two posts above you man. Two posts above you.))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2015, 08:06:08 am »

((Oops. Time to get my eyes checked.))

Cultists: Live on in the name of eternal night! And plushies. But hopefully mostly eternal night. Recruit more with promises of soft snuggly goodness.
I do stuff, I guess

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2015, 09:05:14 am »

Me: USE MAGIC TO HEAL MYSELF! If I can't Heal Myself I expend the Last of my Magic to go to the Land Of Fables in the hopes that being in my Home Dimension will be enough to keep me Alive in a Coma.
All Wizards: USE MAGIC TO HEAL ME!
All Remaining Followers: Guard Me!

((Sidenote: I'm so screwed, And it's kind of hard to Not Min-Max when you have the Physique of a wet paper bag and are Frequently battling Cthuloid Monstrosities, Also, I Called It for the Next Game. :P))
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:10:23 am by Ardent Debater »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2015, 09:23:27 am »

Me: USE MAGIC TO HEAL MYSELF! If I can't Heal Myself I expend the Last of my Magic to go to the Land Of Fables in the hopes that being in my Home Dimension will be enough to keep me Alive in a Coma.
All Wizards: USE MAGIC TO HEAL ME!
All Remaining Followers: Guard Me!

((Sidenote: I'm so screwed, And it's kind of hard to Not Min-Max when you have the Physique of a wet paper bag and are Frequently battling Cthuloid Monstrosities, Also, I Called It for the Next Game. :P))
((You don't have healing magic, you can't use magic to heal yourself... You also can't teleport, and never have been able to... here's what you CAN do:
- Summon Hordes of Fantasy Monsters to aid himself and his Followers
- Turn Electronics and Pop Culture Memorabilia into Spell Components, Golems, Medieval Weaponry, and so on and so on...
- Singlehandedly Pwn Pretty Much anybody in a Video Gaming Contest
- Strike Fear into those of the opposite Gender and Rage into those who are skilled in Athletic Sports
- Research new spells/rituals, not an ability but a thing you can do
- Have your cultists patch you up, which runs the risk of making things worse, but that's dice based games for ya
As long as you can figure out how to make the character fit on the character sheet, you can make whatever dinner based monster you want.))

((Oops. Time to get my eyes checked.))

Cultists: Live on in the name of eternal night! And plushies. But hopefully mostly eternal night. Recruit more with promises of soft snuggly goodness.

[5] They manage to recruit many more people, even more than usual. Apparently you unlikable enough that they can get more people to join them when you're not there. (+120 cultists)

Inquisitors: celebrate a job well done
[2] Wait, what? They didn't even get to do anything, though they'll admit, the moment when you ripped your own heart out with your teeth was pretty cool.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2015, 09:51:45 am »

End of turn 15:
Nightmare(DEAD) - 150 cultists, 8 assassin cultists, flooded cave base with flame thrower defenses, 16 inquisitors, inquisitors active, inquisitors have missiles, secured Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies, glorious presence, has been summoned,  plushies distributed, plushie market flooded, plushie warehouse literally flooded
Carl Yelvin(Mortally wounded) - 134 cultists, 20 chosen, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, access to orb of Stalwart 4, access to orb of stalwart 5, summoned, 50 inquisitors, inquisitors active, 8 steel golems, found abandoned warehouse (not moved in)
Plauge Doctor(Moderately wounded and burning) - 25 cultists, 25 armed cultists with black lung(4),  50 antimedicine cultists with black lung(4), 65 plagued inquisitors, inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (2), has been summoned, escaped Jeff for now, inquisitors active, 150 civilians dead of disease, least hated by Lucifer, friends with Giant Paul
Mad matron(uninjured) - 50 cultists (guarding), 105 cultists, 25 inquisitors, Inquisitors have liquid nitrogen, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, has been summoned, Giant Paul, 60 armed Paul's cultists, has found Nightmare's base, Lucifer w/ Shadowbane and angelic armor (lightly wounded), 45 Lucifer's chosen
Other: existence of horrors poorly revealed (in spite of the inquisitors' efforts and CY's reckless exposing of his summoned beasts)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2015, 10:08:18 am »

((So I'm guessing Nightmare can still control her cultists, huh?
Or are they NPCs now?))
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2015, 11:45:15 am »

((So I'm guessing Nightmare can still control her cultists, huh?
Or are they NPCs now?))
((She can still control her cultists, despite being dead. She can't win, but she can still screw over the rest of the players))

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2015, 02:23:55 pm »

((I can work with that.))

Me: Try to get the Plague Doctor Inquisitors to heal my wounds in exchange for Magical Items once I'm Healed.
All Wizards: Research Healing Magic.
All Cultists: Recruit more Cultists.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2015, 08:14:54 pm »

Recruit more people.
50 cultists: Kill Carl Yelvin 60 cultists: Keep on guarding Mad Matron. The rest: Find weapons for all of the Mad Matron's cultists.
[3] Not many willing to join you, even in the face of all the horrors being slaughtered... or perhaps because of... (+25 cultists)
cultists:
[5] They charge up and deliver the coup de grace to kill the poor bastard, since nobody else is apparently willing to get near him. (CY is dead)
[2] They don't feel they need the extra ten people and tell them to take the turn off. (cultists guarding remain at 50) ((From now on, you don't have to refresh guarding, just don't have them do anything else and they'll stay guarding))
[6] Oh, they find weapons all right, they find some amazing weapons... Well, they find one really powerful weapon, and several people decide their job is basically done and quit (gained nerve gas, -20 cultists).

Inquisitors: Use the Liquid Nitrogen on Mad Matron
[6] The freezing liquid strikes your flesh and crystallizes it in short order, though they only manage to get a dash of it on your since your guards are fighting them. None of the inquisitors escape alive. (-25 inquisitors, MM lightly wounded, -10 cultists)

Paul: steal MM's cultists
[5] He does an excellent job of convincing your peons that he would be a better leader. (Steals 75 cultists from MM)
P. cultists: guard Paul
[5] They set up patrol schedules and have a defense perimeter set up in no time, nobody's getting at Paul without going through them first... at least, not physically... (60 armed cultists guarding Giant Paul, 75 cultists guarding Giant Paul)

Lucifer: [2] Oh damn, it's going down now
Attack Mad Matron
[3] He strikes at you, but doesn't seem to be putting much effort into it. It does hurt you, but mostly because you were already hurt and because he's so ridiculously powerful. He sprains his wrist from swinging that sword too much (MM heavily wounded, Lucifer lightly wounded).
L. cultists: Lucifer might not realize the threat, but you do. Kill Plague doctor!
[1] Well, that could've gone better (-40 L. chosen).

Great, just what has he discovered this time? You better not smog up my healthy cultists... at least, not yet anyway.

Me: Walk up to Carl and murder him myself. Stupid humans can't get anything done...
Smoked cultists: Go to the inquisitors for help with your illness. Do not reveal that you are followers of me. Be sure to poison the water supply on your way back.
Non- smoked cultists minus one: Tell everyone that the Mad Matron is real, and also very evil. Exaggerate if you have to.
Single non-smoked cultist: Take some weapons from one of the armed guys and go find Jeff, then ask him what he's found.

[3] Seems someone beat you to it, you poke his corpse.
cultists:
[5] They don't start coughing and get to do a thing; [2] They beg for help but the inquisitors aren't buying it. Perhaps covering all your followers in pustules having a hacking cough constantly tipped them off
[5] They run through the streets telling everyone of the horrific monster that comes for their children in the night. They only spread word so far because of their few numbers, but they manage well enough (MM now hated by humanity)
[2] Going Rambo ain't happening, the guy decided to just take the weapons and sit around doing nothing...

Inquisitors: cure yourselves
[2] Nope, these drugs must be a bit old, no effect (hey, at least they are still around in case you want to try to cure your cultists again).

Jeff: [4] He does a thing ((lucky you))
Smoke upwind of the PD cultists
[4] The thick acrid stench in the wind causes the ones who are healthy to require a cough roll next turn. Dammit Jeff! (cough rolls for everyone)
The alcohol burns into your "flesh" (now heavily wounded)

((I can work with that.))

Me: Try to get the Plague Doctor Inquisitors to heal my wounds in exchange for Magical Items once I'm Healed.
All Wizards: Research Healing Magic.
All Cultists: Recruit more Cultists.

[irrelevant] Tragically, they are not good enough medics to bring your butchered corpse back to life.
Weezzards: [1] While researching, they discover a spell that causes the caster's blood to ignite. They don't get a chance to write it down before they pass out from being cooked alive. Some of them miraculously survive, but they're not doing much in the near future (-15 chosen, 5 chosen miss next turn).
cultists: [5] They manage to somehow convince more people to join the cult of your dismembered corpse. (+134 cultists)

Inquisitors: mess up his shitty base!
[3] Like the mature adults they are, they run toward your base and kick over the useless stick wall you had around that warehouse you don't live in.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2015, 08:20:32 pm »

Use the nerve gas on Plague Doctor.
30 cultists: Attack Plague Doctor.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:24:06 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 07, 2015, 08:36:13 pm »

I'll sign up for the next game.

Name: Unescargot
Abilities:
Manipulating, controlling, summoning lightning (all one ability)
Controlling weather
Infusing electricity into objects
Appearance: A bubble of dark clouds constantly shifting into other shapes, sometimes taking a humanoid form.
Homeworld: Esivous, a world constantly under storms. Mostly water although a few isles exist.

Skills:
Presence: 0
Mindlock: 1
Power: 2
Physique: 2
Appeal: 0

will this work?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 07, 2015, 08:47:24 pm »

May I already apply for the next game, even if I'm already playing this game?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2015, 08:59:49 pm »

I'll sign up for the next game.

Name: Unescargot
Abilities:
Manipulating, controlling, summoning lightning (all one ability)
Controlling weather
Infusing electricity into objects
Appearance: A bubble of dark clouds constantly shifting into other shapes, sometimes taking a humanoid form.
Homeworld: Esivous, a world constantly under storms. Mostly water although a few isles exist.

Skills:
Presence: 0
Mindlock: 1
Power: 2
Physique: 2
Appeal: 0

will this work?
Looks good, I just gotta make a waitlist to store this until this round ends

May I already apply for the next game, even if I'm already playing this game?
Sure, if you've got another character in mind go for it (But if it's "Furious Father" I'm going to be annoyed)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »

I've seen this happen before... It will not happen to me! I am deafeated, but not yet dead.
Me: Hide in a random swamp and spread a toxic gas to kill any and all mortals that come too near my hiding spot! Imagine I use the whole "Whisper into minds of mortals" innate ability to communicate to my cultists.
50 Cultists: wear random disguises and ask for help again! Poison the water supply when you're done. Like I told you to last time.
Armed Cultists: Assassinate the Mad Matron! from a distance of course.
Jeff: Die already!
carrot cakeu

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 07, 2015, 10:46:30 pm »

Spoiler: Tavern Wench (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:33:47 am by wipeout1024 »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 121