Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 214521 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2015, 02:57:59 pm »

Current Game Actions:
All Cultists: PROTECT THE WIZARDS!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2015, 03:11:45 pm »

((I take it I can apply?))
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2015, 05:07:47 pm »

((Sure, and if Nightmare doesn't post an action in the next hour or so her cultists are just gonna sit around for the turn doing nothing.

On another note, how do you guys like the game? I assume you do enjoy it since you're signing up for a second round of it, but is there anything in particular you like?))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running, waitlist open
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2015, 05:32:39 pm »

I like it for Bay 12 brand crazyness. Its fun to be the villain sometimes. The cultists and special powers are my favorite parts.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2015, 09:07:43 pm »

I think it's the humour, and how open-ended it is.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2015, 09:50:32 pm »

((Ooh, we're doing sheets now, huh? Well, allow me to jump on the bandwagon!))
Spoiler: Crazy cat god (click to show/hide)
((What I like about the game? I dunno, I guess the idea of eldritch beings duking it out sounds neat. And it is.))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 08, 2015, 10:10:10 pm »

Nightmare's cultists honor their deity of the dark by doing absolutely nothing. Except being alive, so I suppose that's something.

end of turn 16.
score:
Nightmare(DEAD) - 150 cultists, 8 assassin cultists, flooded cave base with flame thrower defenses, 16 inquisitors, inquisitors active, inquisitors have missiles, secured Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies, glorious presence, has been summoned,  plushies distributed, plushie market flooded, plushie warehouse literally flooded
Carl Yelvin(SUPER DEAD) - 268 cultists, 5 unconscious chosen, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, access to orb of Stalwart 4, access to orb of stalwart 5, summoned, 50 inquisitors, inquisitors active, 8 steel golems, found abandoned warehouse (not moved in)
Plauge Doctor(Heavily wounded and burning) - 25 cultists, 25 armed cultists with black lung(3),  50 antimedicine cultists with black lung(3), 65 dying inquisitors, inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (1), has been summoned, escaped Jeff for now, inquisitors active, 150 civilians dead of disease, least hated by Lucifer, friends with Giant Paul, everyone has caught THE COUGH
Mad matron(Heavily wounded) - 50 cultists (guarding), 35 cultists, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, has been summoned, has nerve gas, hated by humans, Giant Paul, 60 armed Paul's cultists, 75 Paul's cultists, has found Nightmare's base, Lucifer w/ Shadowbane and angelic armor (Moderately wounded), 5 Lucifer's chosen
Other: existence of horrors poorly revealed (in spite of the inquisitors' efforts and CY's reckless exposing of his summoned beasts)

((wow, if this ends in a double fatality I might have to call it a draw... or give it to the NPC horrors just for outliving the actual players...))

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 08, 2015, 10:18:04 pm »

((Swamp water beats fire, right?
Right?
Either way, this will probably be a good finale))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 08, 2015, 10:32:47 pm »

I would like to play.

Spoiler: Koshu (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 08, 2015, 10:37:46 pm »

((Swamp water beats fire, right?
Right?
Either way, this will probably be a good finale))
((It would, but that's alcohol burning you. Don't worry, it won't kill you... not by itself, at least...))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 08, 2015, 11:22:42 pm »

Can you add the nerve gas I got last turn, to the inventory?

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 08, 2015, 11:24:39 pm »

I changed my cultists action to 30 cultists attacking Plague Doctor.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 08, 2015, 11:37:11 pm »

Can you add the nerve gas I got last turn, to the inventory?
Sorry, I thought I had missed something... I'll do the turn tomorrow if you guys want to adjust  your actions, I need to get some sleep. Which probably makes skipping Nightmare's turn unnecessary, but oh well...

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 09, 2015, 02:33:41 pm »

((I'll change my actions.))

68 Cultists: Acquire 100 Assault Rifles and Corresponding Ammunition.
50 Cultists: Recruit More Cultists.
25 Cultists: Try to Spread Carl Yelvin Propaganda to improve public opinion of the Cult.
75: Attack The Inquisitors.
20 Cultists: Build Defenses for the Warehouse Base and Attack anybody or anything that attempts to harm The Wizards.
8 Steel Golems and 30 Cultists: Guard The Unconscious Wizards.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 09, 2015, 04:30:49 pm »

Use the nerve gas on Plague Doctor.
30 cultists: Attack Plague Doctor.
[4] You pour the debilitating smog onto Plague doctor's form. He stiffens up and loses his next turn. (PD paralyzed)
[6] They strike with righteous fury and rend his gelatinous body asunder. Naturally, they all choke on the goo and die, but he's definitively dead, though he survives long enough to take one last action, or he would if he wasn't paralyzed (Plague Doctor is dead, -30 cultists).

Lucifer: slay the final beast of horror!
[6] He gets a little too rowdy and nearly kills himself in the effort, but it is not in vain especially given his overwhelming strength (Lucifer mortally wounded, Mad Matron is dead).
L. cultists: heal Lucifer
[1] Whoops, which part was supposed to go on the inside again? (Lucifer is dead)

Giant Paul: get Jeff to join you
[3] A bit of a lackluster victory, he say's he'll be Paul's friend, but not help. He's also on death's door himself. (Paul and Jeff are friends)
P. cultists: learn a ritual
[2] Nothing, apparently humans and their "magic" are just illusions and hype. How disappointing.

I've seen this happen before... It will not happen to me! I am deafeated, but not yet dead.
Me: Hide in a random swamp and spread a toxic gas to kill any and all mortals that come too near my hiding spot! Imagine I use the whole "Whisper into minds of mortals" innate ability to communicate to my cultists.
50 Cultists: wear random disguises and ask for help again! Poison the water supply when you're done. Like I told you to last time.
Armed Cultists: Assassinate the Mad Matron! from a distance of course.
Jeff: Die already!

[irrelevant] You have a lot of difficulty getting your own dead body to do what you want. Must be lag.
cultists:
[3] They don't get stopped by coughing. [5] They manage to get disguises and get treated for their black lung, even some of the ones who hate medicine. Then they poison the water supply, which kills them outright with their weakened immune systems. In hindsight, perhaps it wasn't wise to trust people dumb enough to fall for these disguises with treating a life-threatening disease, but you can't argue with the results. (Inquisitors are dead, 25 cultists cured of black lung, 25 antimedicine cultists cured of black lung)
[6] Theses guys don't get stopped by coughing either. [2] But then fuck up the assassination, because they are too distracted watching that huge winged guy in silver armor chopping her to pieces.

Jeff:[4] He gets to do a thing
Recruit cultists:
[4] He manages to convince some people to follow his stylish cowboy hat to victory. Of course, they are about to be very disappointed (+100 cultists)

Jeff dies of lung disease

((I'll change my actions.))

68 Cultists: Acquire 100 Assault Rifles and Corresponding Ammunition.
50 Cultists: Recruit More Cultists.
25 Cultists: Try to Spread Carl Yelvin Propaganda to improve public opinion of the Cult.
75: Attack The Inquisitors.
20 Cultists: Build Defenses for the Warehouse Base and Attack anybody or anything that attempts to harm The Wizards.
8 Steel Golems and 30 Cultists: Guard The Unconscious Wizards.

Wep: [2] Sorry, Assault Rifles-R-Us was closed today.
Rec: [4] They find more people to join their magic club. Your recent death does little to hamper their efforts. (+50 cultists)
PR: [4] They spread the word about this amazing cult club where people can cast real magic. They talk about you, but say you are unable to make any public appearances. There are only a couple of them, so word only travels so far (Good local public relations)
Attack: [5] They slaughter the inquisitors to the last, and get away scot free (-50 inquisitors)
Build: [1] No! Stop! The nails are supposed go in the building, not in you! (-20 cultists)
Guard: [2] The wizards have some slight PTSD and keep running away from the steel golems. Dammit, they're trying to protect you!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 121