Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215237 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running, waitlist open
« Reply #300 on: April 12, 2015, 10:44:32 am »

[1] They spend the whole turn coughing and fail to do the task
((Wait just a bloody moment, Did I not tell the non-diseased guys to kill the wizards? Why do they have to rol to see if they can actually do the thing?))
((I may have forgotten to remove the coughing thing from the inventory for the turn, sorry, I'll fix that))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 12, 2015, 05:41:52 pm »

Cultists: Preserve Mad Matron's body.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 12, 2015, 09:26:48 pm »

They gut themselves on the knives and forget which side of the gun the bullet comes out of. Maybe we should leave weapon handling to the professionals... well, the slightly more experienced, at least (-30 cultists).
((No regrets.))
This may be it. I might have lost, because these stupid, good for nothing humans keep on disappointing me, even in death.
35 guys: Take the weapons, and assassinate Carl's wizards like real men! find a good, discreet base.
Everybody: Go into hiding. Take everything we have, and erase our existence from the minds of the mortals..
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:23:19 pm by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 13, 2015, 10:10:34 am »

Name: Rabe
Abilities: Does not age, Uses her limited psychic talent skilfully, is supernaturally cute. Has some general modern knowledge (architecture, weaponry and physics in particular) from observation and some magical knowledge (from association with a wizard) however has no more innate casting/runic ability than a human.
Appearance: A adorable kitten. Was a wizards familiar whose "master" is long dead, she did not survive a hundred or so years by being careless.
Homeworld: The land of myth.
Skills:
        -Presence:0 (Is more slightly more effective when recruiting in person.)
        -Mindlock:1 (Knows how minds work, hers in particular.)
        -Power:0 (Has some slight psychic ability but to use it beyond communication will need subtlety.)
        -Physique:0 (Is a kitten.)
        -Appeal:4 (Is a kitten.)
Goal: Power, at least have no beings and/or groups that have the power or potential to contest.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:16:33 am by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 13, 2015, 10:11:39 am »

now that it's here how long do turns typically take? in real life and in game.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:41:07 am by Evonix »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 13, 2015, 12:51:51 pm »

Name: Rabe
        -Mindlock:1 (Enough to influence humans and recognise most illusions)
You don't get any influence points for having mindlock, just block other horrors form using their powers on you or your followers (well, at this level, just your chosen).

now that it's here how long do turns typically take? in real life and in game.
Depends on the players mostly (and sometimes I have days that I just slack off on the forum), but a day or two per turn is normal. As for in game, it's vague, but a few hours to a day seems like a reasonable guess. Just one action though, stuff takes time and you need to prioritize things, especially since your... kitten is very squishy, so a base and guards would probably be high on your list of priorities.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 13, 2015, 02:25:08 pm »

Got it, edited my post

EDIT: For the sake of speed(and impatience) my first (when the new game starts) turn is... RECRUIT (obviously) but also focus on trained professionals who won't kill themselves bi-weekly if left alone with heavy machinery.
sorta http://www.catthulhu.com/ in reverse
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:57:50 pm by Evonix »

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2015, 03:19:50 pm »

Name: carp

Abilities: - is a carp but every body thinks he's a cod except cultist's.
- swim's through anything except carp.
- can turn anything into a writhing mass of carp.
- can control any carp.
- if 100 people scream out will turn into a classic dwarf fortress carp.
- if 1,000 scream out in pain or terror anything that carp eats will add it's mass his so he grows whenever he eats something (growth rate similar to that of the audrey II in little shop of horrors).
- oh also if if 1,000,000,000 people cry out in terror at once it turns into a 1 light year long god that strikes terror into the hearts of masses wreaks havoc upon reality can set planets ablaze with the touch of it's fin and most horrifying of all it can get whatever song it wants stuck in your head and prevents you from dying it's artist of choice justin bieber.

Appearance: carp. looks like a carp. sounds like a carp. walks/swims like a carp. smells like a carp. feels like a carp. tastes like a carp. thinks like a carp except sentient. splat's on the ground when from a high building like a carp. it's probably a cod.

Homeworld: the plane of infinite carp a writhing mass of carp see http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2559-j except read everywhere it says kitten cat or the like read carp.

-Presence: 0
-Mindlock: 1
-Power: 4
-Physique: 0
-Appeal: 0

Goal: (in order) 1 escape from plane of infinite carp. 2 rule by threatening the populace with being turned into masses of carp, and occasionly popping out at them from walls 3 suddenly turn 3 quarters of the planet into carp have the remaining masses scream in terror and proceed to go session hopping( will probably die in some humorous way like when it grows it gets impaled by a nearby planet it turned to carp)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:30:44 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 14, 2015, 04:33:09 pm »

Got it, edited my post

EDIT: For the sake of speed(and impatience) my first (when the new game starts) turn is... RECRUIT (obviously) but also focus on trained professionals who won't kill themselves bi-weekly if left alone with heavy machinery.
sorta http://www.catthulhu.com/ in reverse
You don't exactly have the privilege of choice for followers when you are an eldritch horror, but you can drive the new recruits insane if you want. You'll take what you get and you'll like it :P

Also, I'll be busy for the next two hours or so and if Nightmare hasn't posted an action we're moving to the next turn of the epilogue without her...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2015, 04:43:29 pm »

So in summary, we have a mass of clouds, an alcoholic, a cockroach gorilla crusher thingy, a mummy jackal cat thing, a magic crystal thing, and a kitten. Also possibly a carp. This will be fun.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 14, 2015, 05:16:45 pm »

That was my brother. Please ignore his insane babbling.(the car-(I will not say the last letter of this fish) I mean)

FINE...  I mean how bad can it be? It's not like they're going to try to move a multi ton boulder by hand, or get confused about where a bullet comes out of a gun, I mean no species is THAT stupid...      I hope
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:41:45 pm by Evonix »

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 14, 2015, 05:33:46 pm »

a kitten. Also possibly a carp. This will be fun.

carp carp CARP car-ARP carp-arp CAAAAAAArrrp carp carp carp-CAR carp-c-c-carp-carp
carpity carpity carp
carpity carpity CARP
c-c-carp carpity carp
carpity capity CARP!!!!

p.s. basically why possibly?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:36:18 pm by carp »

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2015, 06:03:07 pm »

a magic crystal thing

A psychic/psionic crystal thing, really. Kind of scientific, even, though I don't know if that will come up much.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:04:43 pm by InsaneRationalist »
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2015, 06:21:27 pm »

FINE...  I mean how bad can it be? It's not like they're going to try to move a multi ton boulder by hand, or get confused about where a bullet comes out of a gun, I mean no species is THAT stupid...      I hope

yes there is a species that stupid it's called humans may i refer you to the darwin awards and Arkansas (pronounced Ar-kin-saw)  where it is illegal to mispronounce the states name even though it isn't enforced at some point someone that that it would be a good idea to make that a law. and more importantly half the internet.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2015, 06:24:14 pm »

Esivous happens to hate carp. They are a major nuisance in his home world.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 121