Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212291 times)

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running, waitlist open
« Reply #330 on: April 17, 2015, 06:59:45 pm »

why don't we try getting it so we can all be on at once and make turns go faster maybe posting a schedule of when were available?
i'll post mine
6-8'o'clock weekdays all day weekend
will try to say if and when i'm not available during these times.
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2015, 07:44:41 pm »

Double posting is frowned upon. Editing your previous post would have worked better.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 17, 2015, 09:29:08 pm »

Yeah, but then we wouldn't get it on our "new replies" feed. I'm just going to wrap up the game at midnight if anyone wants to post one last thing, but the next game will have to wait until Sunday (Or late in the day tomorrow), I'm going to be busy for most of tomorrow.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 17, 2015, 11:57:29 pm »

Continue to preserve Mad Matron's body.
[2] Dammit, they can't find a refrigeration unit and decay catches up with your remains. (rotted)

Paul: try to go home
[irrelevant] That's a pretty steep demand for his 0 power, best look up a ritual for this one.
P. cultists: look up a ritual to send Paul home
[3] They find *a* ritual, but the demands are pretty steep, it would take years to find this stuff and get it correctly arranged. Well, best get to work.

This is it. I have realized that the world is too strong for a full on attack, and my cult has suffered greatly for it. I will poison the world slowly, surely. One person at a time.

Everybody: Go into hiding, amass a great number of people decades from now and THEN you can poison the world. I'm throwing my hopes into the future here, and I don't have much hope.
[6] They amass many and hide in the shadows. This leads to great advances in medical technology as diseases are created and immediately cures and vaccines are created for them. The irony is palpable.

Quote from: Carl Yelvin
If the Number of Cultists falls below 200, 100 Recruit more Cultists and 100 guard the Warehouse.
Wizards: Train more Wizards and move into the Warehouse.
If there are more than 100 Wizards, 50 of them make Friendly Steel Golems and 25 Magically Enchant The Warehouse Defences to make them more effective.
Friendly Steel Golems: Protect the Wizards, If there are Hostile Steel Golem Inquisitors and the Friendly Steel Golems outnumber them 2:1 attack them.
Recruit: [6] They call together many people to join their cause... what cause that is, nobody is quite sure. Some aren't too happy (+98 cultists, +49 inquisitors).
The guards continue guarding.
armed guys: [2] Nah, they decide to just go play some card games instead of guard.
Friendly steel golems: [4] they protect the wizards from those that would do them harm. There are no hostile golems because you haven't fucked up while summoning golems recently, so there' no reason to overstretch.
Wizards: [6] Well, they wake up first, then they manage to train a dozen or so cultists in the ways of magic, but evidently you shouldn't have trainees test spells by casting them on each other (10 wizards trained, -25 cultists)

GAME 2 END:
Carl Yelvin's followers continue flipping the fuck out and trying desperately to do as much as they can. They soon realize that in trying to do everything they failed to do anything actually important or useful. They eventually grow out of this habit and begin using their access to magic and knowledge of franchising to accomplish many things in the world.

Plague Doctor's cult works to bring an era of pestilence upon the world, but they have a steep fight ahead of them with medical technology developing so rapidly. It's almost like they're pacing themselves to let it stay one step ahead... strange...

Mad Matron's cult ultimately fails to serve their "god", though whether this was actually an accident is debatable.

Nightmare's cult continues working in the background to one day bring eternal darkness to the world. Whether they will ever succeed remains to be seen.

And now for the B-team:
Paul eventually gets his cultists to send him home, where he is welcomed back as a savior. Whether he deserves this title given his stunning lack of actual action is unlikely, but he's not about to argue.

Lucifer's chosen try to start up an order of templars to protect humanity from future horror incursions, but their work is slow and they are few. It is doubtful they will succeed at keeping the world safe, but at least they can make sure any horrors that try to come here in the future will have a hard time taking over.

Jeff's cultists start a cigarette company. They refuse to tell anyone how business is doing, but they seem to be making money on it, at least.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 18, 2015, 02:19:45 am »

It's almost like they're pacing themselves to let it stay one step ahead... strange...
Me: Cry metaphysical tears of liquid radiation and dissolve back into humanity's hearts.
((This is fun! GG Aslandus for bringing us this awesome game!))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 18, 2015, 08:44:37 am »

my first move in the new game will be to turn part of a river into carp but not regular carp dwarf fortress carp
MUAHHAHAHAHAAH MUAHAHHAH MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 18, 2015, 09:08:33 am »

My first action in the 3rd game will be to whisper into the minds of mortals in California, which happens to be experiencing a large drought. Promise them rain if they serve me.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2015, 09:18:11 am »

The world has changed. Barely anything of me and my siblings' mighty civilization remains upon the desert, and what's left is but crumbling rock and sandstone.

It is time to change it back.

Me: Recruit archeologists, museum-goers, and generally anyone interested in ancient Egypt!
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2015, 09:26:17 am »

As I said recrute(when you said that nightmare's cultists are attempting to bring eternal night I imagined them setting up hundreds of big umbrellas in a field.
Has descended into madness

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2015, 09:46:23 am »

Recruit barflies, and waitresses.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2015, 09:47:13 am »

Cultists: Train in the use of weaponry
Assassins: Assassinate the head of operations of the funny geek guy.
I do stuff, I guess

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 18, 2015, 10:41:47 am »

my first move in the new game will be to turn part of a river into carp but not regular carp dwarf fortress carp
MUAHHAHAHAHAAH MUAHAHHAH MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wouldn't they be your empowered carpists?
Has descended into madness

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 18, 2015, 11:14:04 am »

My first action in the 3rd game will be to whisper into the minds of mortals in California, which happens to be experiencing a large drought. Promise them rain if they serve me.

Instead of what I said I will promise citizens of congo* fresh healthy carp for aeons if they join my cause as my first move.

*has the least food in the world.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:51:18 pm by carp »

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 18, 2015, 03:10:38 pm »

(For third game, since we are apparently doing actions for that now.)
Koshu: recruit cultists. Especially those interested in space exploration, but no need to be picky at this point.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 18, 2015, 04:47:43 pm »

(For third game, since we are apparently doing actions for that now.)

mostly to tide the time until the third game starts this chat room is getting kinda stale.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 121