Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215534 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #540 on: April 24, 2015, 10:05:30 pm »

Sorry guys, just realized I missed a few of the Orbs on the inventory, the only Orb of Stalwart that isn't destroyed is OoS 2, so if you have any other orb in your score slot then I made a mistake and it's not supposed to be there.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 25, 2015, 12:29:36 am »

What happened to OoS 4?
thincake

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 25, 2015, 01:50:15 am »

((I blew it up.))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 25, 2015, 02:08:55 am »

Darn.
What does the Orb of Storms do?
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 25, 2015, 07:24:48 am »

Summon storms, more precisely call harsh wind and rain similar to a storm. Presumably it is used in a ritual similar to the summoning ritual.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 25, 2015, 08:29:29 am »

I get the feeling I'm about to be swarmed with enemies. Hold on a minute...

5 wealthy cultists who would have otherwise funded Koshu's inquisitors: Hire a team of scholars to research a ritual that uses one Orb of Stalwart to summon multiple horrors.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 25, 2015, 08:35:50 am »

If it involves stealing the orb, I will cooperate with Koshu's plans. It seems reliable enough, and its goals interest me. 
thincake

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 25, 2015, 11:11:03 am »

The cascade must not complete!
Has descended into madness

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 25, 2015, 11:11:56 am »

a ritual that uses one Orb of Stalwart to summon multiple horrors.
I do not belive the normal summoning ritual consumes the orb of stalwart, so that ritual could just be the concatenation of multiple consecutive standard summoning rituals.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 25, 2015, 11:14:22 am »

Agreed. We need to get 3 of us onto the planet.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 25, 2015, 11:43:07 am »

OH COD so ive gotten my self into taking massive amounts of actions each turn this'll take forever.
ok
DF carp: HAVDRAGUUL SAGADUUL FADRAGUL ZAGANUUUL FRADEIGOO NADRFOOL FAGDRAGOOL ZAGABOIN VAGLADOO**
50 DF carp cultists: find an orb of stalwart
50 DF carp cultists: find dragon's blood please refrain from drinking it unless you are a bearded alchoholic (if you are why would you be part of my cult)
cult of the plane of infinite carp jester cultists: do more shows get moar cultists.
cult of the plane of infinite carp: eat sandwiches made from the infidels flesh.(mostly tunas tey're jealous of carp)
cult of the holy glub: DESTROY THE INFIDELS WITH FIRE.
cult of the final carp:HAFRAGOR JACUNU LATHFOLAS CAREBEINF THEDYU OUS*.

*roughly translated as" SUMMON THE ELDRITCH LORD CTHULU.
** roughly translated as "sacrifice all the accessible humans to gain the power to dimension hop"if that's not possible then"sacrifice all the accessible humans to gain the power to absorb other horrors and gain their power"
((does human blood work for the summoning circle.))
*spritz spritz* bad carp, one action per group per turn! I'm cutting you off, only the first post gets done! ((No, human blood doesn't work, which is what those nutty cthulhu cultists need to get through their thick heads.))

Demand all teh summonz: [1] You go berserk while making demands and several of your followers go mad (50 cultists now insane)
Find Orb: [2] There don't seem to be many of those around anymore... they do find a bunch of crushed quartz though...
find dragon's blood: [no roll] They pick up where they left off and collect the rest of the dragon blood
recroot: [6] they find some people, but also gain some ire (+20 cultists, +20 inquisitors)
murder party fun time V: remastered: [6] "Yeah! Fuck those new age carp cultists! We were in this before it was cool!" (-120 cultists, -60 factionated cultists)
OP ritual research: [2] Nothing in any manuscripts or physics textbooks even suggests that's possible.

Inquisitors: get weapons
[6] Well, that operation could've gone better, but you can't argue with the results (inquisitors gain mustard gas, -30 inquisitors)
((These groups don't divide up evenly, how many people are supposed to be in each?))

"WE KEEP KONG AS BROTHER!!! KONG AND TROG BOTH SMASH ANTHAJU'S UGLY EGYPTIAN FACE IN!!! BUT FIRST WE SHOW OFF!!!"

TROG: HELP KONG SMASH INQUISITORS!!!
Gort: Raid the Nearest Retirement home and turn everybody there into Mummies!
Mummies: Age The Elderly to make more Mummies!
KONG: SMASH INQUISITORS!!!
50 Old Anarchist Cultists: Post Videos of TROG AND KONG SMASHING The Inquisitors on YouTube to Boost Public Opinion of Them!
25 Anarchist Cultists: Use the Smashing Videos to get Cultists to Follow TROG AND KONG!
New Cultists: Get some Military Grade Weapons!

((OK, I Win, Gimme a Trophy.))
((No trophy until all other horrors are dead))
Breaky breaky inquisitors: [3] They crush, maim, and destroy the inquisitors, except for the few that managed to hide. The explosives went off. All the explosives. (-25 inquisitors, TROG moderately wounded, KONG lightly wounded)
Mummies 4 lyf: [6] He creates dozens of mummified followers from the retirement home. It turns out it was closer to your cult than you realized. (older cultists now mummies, +25 mummies)
Youtube: [6] The videos get posted as planned, but it doesn't get the response you wanted. (TROG despised by humanity, humanity activated)
recruit: [4] They manage to find some who are still willing to join, despite the danger (+25 cultists).

Inquisitors: Aim and pray, attack TROG with your rocket launchers and hope for the best
[1] Malfunction. (-5 inquisitors)

((..... oh come on.))

Me: Recruit more generics.
30 cultists: Recruit more generics.
80 cultists: Get the blasted Orb of Stalwart at our fortress door inside dangit!
5 wealthy cultists: Hire some herbalists, botanists, explorers, and guides (all as one group) to gather dragon's blood and bring it back to our fortress.
5 wealthy cultists who would have otherwise funded Koshu's inquisitors: Hire a team of scholars to research a ritual that uses one Orb of Stalwart to summon multiple horrors.
5 politician cultists: Recruit more politicians to join our cult! ((I have a master plan involving politicians and wealthy people.))
Journalist hires: Write negative articles about Koshu's cult!
2 veterans... Talk to some of your veteran buddies and convince them to join our cult.
Anybody I may have missed: Post comments on ihatecarp.com about the carp plague and whatnot.

((I don't trust that banishing ritual... lets test it out on Koshu or carp one of these days.))
((Probably wise, considering you rolled a 1. I feel like I need to put your turn before the peeps trying to steal the orb.))
RECRUIT: [3] Everyone manages to find some people to join on, but not a very impressive margin. (+40 cultists, +3 cultists in high places, +1 veteran)
Secure the orb already!: [4] They finally haul the Orb inside after leaving it out in the rain for most of the day. A little tarnished, but still perfectly useable. (Orb of Stalwart secured, other horrors lose access unless they are allies)
collect dragon blood: [no roll] The last of the dragon blood required gets collected, and the herbalists etc. leave after the job is done (dragon blood collected)
research: [2] There aren't any scholars willing to look into something as silly as "rituals" ((though nothing says you can't use the summoning ritual multiple times if you have the stuff for it))
Mudslinging: [5] yeah, screw those guys! (Koshu now has very bad PR)
Internetery: [4] They make carp look even worse than he already does, though it's not very effective since carp's reputation is only slightly above hitler. (carp now detested by humanity)

25 Cultists: Turn on and manage the smeltery.
Me and 175 Cultists: Go on an arrival tour to recruit, maybe if theres any musicians they can pick up some instruments from the forge to make a marching band.
25 Cultists: Get my inquisitors arrested before they can make trouble.
100 Cultists: Steal last orb of stalwart and transport it back to the bunker(Invite kosu's cultists so they can perform the summoning.).
50 Cultists(kitten party): Try to get into high places.
Maintenance: [2] They don't tend the equipment properly, but it doesn't really do anything.
recruit: [2] Nobody wants to help you. Must be dog people.
whistle-blowing: [6] Your cultists try to sell out the inquisitors and end up on the news. Turns out the inquisitors didn't know where they were this whole time and now they do. The police manage to arrest some of them on trumped up charges, but the rest are gonna be trouble (inquisitors activated, 20 inquisitors arrested)
grand theft Orb: [1] Hey boss! We found that Orb! *boom*
There isn't enough left of those who were near the "orb" to fill a teacup. (-75 cultists)
high places: [4] Some of them manage to get into high places and others get some recognition. (10 cultists now in high places, 40 now recognizable)

If things get out of hand, Rosabel may well put that Orb of Storms to good use.

All but 50 cultists: Summon me!
50 cultists: Attempt to begin negotiations with the inquisitors. Don't go out there physically: they're likely to paste you into dust.
Me: Use powers to influence the results of the negotiations in my favour.

Summonz: [5] They try to use the orb of storms for the summoning ritual instead of an orb of Stalwart and summon a tornado which will obey your commands until it dissipates (gain one tornado (3))
Email power: [6] Your cultists manage to negotiate with them a little, but then say something rude and make it worse. (nothing really happens(

Inquisitors: destroy the orb!
[5] They smash the Orb of Storms. No more weather minions for you! (Orb of Storms 1 destroyed)

((Maybe you guys should stop posting their commands before the actions for the turn are done, it was fine when there were 3 or 4 people playing but now a lot happens within a turn and when you post new commands I can't tell which commands I'm supposed to be using))

((Sorry guys, my computer just crashed and these are all the commands I could salvage. I'll have to reroll and rewrite the rest.))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 25, 2015, 11:51:11 am »

Well, TROG may soon have a tornado in his face.
thincake

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 25, 2015, 11:51:55 am »

TURN 9 ACTION
DF carp: sacrifice some people in a summoning circle see what happens
factioned cultists: turn me back
new cultists: make a war between a couple horrors
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 01:56:23 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 25, 2015, 11:53:57 am »

Agreed. We need to get 3 of us onto the planet.
Actually it's 7, I changed the rules since it doesn't seem like there was any way the cascade could happen if it became impossible the moment 3 horrors got summoned. That said, sub horrors count too so only one more horror needs to get summoned to disable it.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 25, 2015, 11:54:35 am »

whoo
tornadoes = power
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 121