Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215489 times)

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #570 on: April 25, 2015, 08:24:39 pm »

Koshu: 562 cultists, 80 empowered cultists, has a tool shed base with excellent defences, very bad PR, partially researched cascade, satellite launched, has a few spaceship components, 250 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
Wait, when did I get bad PR? I though it was still at mixed.

Recruiting against the enemy: SNIP Koshu gains 40 cultists
Can those be used this turn?

Turn 9 actions:
250 cultists: aquire weapons.
250 cultists and Koshu: recruit.
62 cultists and 40 new cultists (if able) and 80 empowered cultists: continue researching cascade (and any other ways of getting Koshu to Earth without a Orb of Stalwart, but focus on cascade).
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 25, 2015, 08:36:36 pm »

150 Cultists(get cloud guys inquisitors to help): Attack cloud's minions before the ritual can complete and steal the orb.(Beg, bribe, seduce, steal, buy, conquer, forge certificate of ownership, ask nicely or remake the timeline with your time machine so we always had a time machine from a passing 5D anteater, time lord, time knight, time peon, time craftsman, Chronosian guard member, Chronosian guard, Chronosian guard fugitive, Chronosian, time tourist, mine turtle, or misc ameture time traveler if you are too late.)
50 Cultists: Turn on and monitor the smelter, make molds for armor and missiles (and use them)if you have the time.
50 Cultists+recognisable cultists and cultists in high places and me: Recrute.

Turn back time: [3] Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to turn back time, and nobody who you could possibly bluff, bribe, burglarize, badger or bully that can help you. They do find out that the Orb is in Unescargot's base though, and spot a way in that will probably be open in the future since only hirelings are guarding it. (limited access to Orb of Stalwart 2)
Molds: [4] They heat up the smelters for no reason and then make a couple molds for armor and missile shells. Of course, the explosive powder is the problematic part, especially since you sent all the explosives you had away earlier. (molds for armor and missile shell made)
recruit: [4] Everyone does a decent job of recruiting. (+380 cultists) ((dat 4 appeal man))

Koshu: 562 cultists, 80 empowered cultists, has a tool shed base with excellent defences, very bad PR, partially researched cascade, satellite launched, has a few spaceship components, 250 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated

Recruiting against the enemy: SNIP Koshu gains 40 cultists
Can those be used this turn?

Turn 9 actions:
250 cultists: aquire weapons.
250 cultists and Koshu: recruit.
62 cultists and 40 new cultists (if able) and 80 empowered cultists: continue researching cascade (and any other ways of getting Koshu to Earth without a Orb of Stalwart, but focus on cascade).

((Meh, I've let it go so far, if you're allowed to use people you're not even sure you'll get then you should be allowed to use guys you just got too))
Weapons: [5] Your peons arm themselves with rocket launchers and machine guns they... found. They are not a force to be trifled with. (250 cultists heavily armed)
recruit: [2] You can't find any support in this area. Partially because of that huge storm that just swept through. ((What are you gonna do with all these people, eat them?))
research: [1] They find out that the ritual requires a mixture of dragon blood and wood ash. This is surely good information that will not have any negative repercussions. ("cascade" ritual learned).

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 25, 2015, 10:15:09 pm »

Yeah, okay, that could have gone a lot better.

A lot better, actually.

Me: Try to recruit more followers!
25 cultists: Assist in the recruiting!
Assassin x25: Attack Trog's life points directly!
Assassins minus 50: Hire mercenaries to kill Trog!
25 Assassins: So uh, how does this banishing ritual work, anyway? If it banishes horrors back into the abyss, great! Use it on Trog. If it requires them to be near the ritual, be as ready as you can to activate the ritual before actually activating, just in case.

Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 25, 2015, 11:11:19 pm »

Yeah, okay, that could have gone a lot better.

A lot better, actually.

Me: Try to recruit more followers!
25 cultists: Assist in the recruiting!
Assassin x25: Attack Trog's life points directly!
Assassins minus 50: Hire mercenaries to kill Trog!
25 Assassins: So uh, how does this banishing ritual work, anyway? If it banishes horrors back into the abyss, great! Use it on Trog. If it requires them to be near the ritual, be as ready as you can to activate the ritual before actually activating, just in case.

Recruit: [1] It appears that you've angered the locals. Perhaps the lush meadow was a clue that they don't appreciate the desert as you do... (+55 inquisitors)
Attack: [4] They strike with their poison darts... strange, no effect. Maybe it's a matter of dose makes the poison or maybe he's just immune. They do ruffle his fur a bit before returning though, so he won't be healing at the end of the turn. (Trog doesn't heal this turn)
Hiring: [4] They manage to scrounge up enough money to hire some mercenaries to fight Trog. they have an equivalent strength of 100 cultists and will disband in two turns. (gained 100 mercenaries (2))
Ready the ritual: [4] they put all the pieces in place, light the candles to set the mood and get ready for some hardcore ritualizing ("banishment" ritual prepared)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 26, 2015, 01:48:58 am »

Recruit.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 26, 2015, 01:59:46 am »

Tornado: Attack TROG.
Cultists: Continue email negotiations with the Inquisitors.
Rosabel: Try and support the cultists in doing so.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 26, 2015, 10:27:44 am »

dammit, how do I keep forgetting to finish the commands for things? Humanity turns fixed, all that happened was Trog is heavily wounded instead of moderately wounded

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 26, 2015, 11:13:17 am »

Tornado: Attack TROG.
Cultists: Continue email negotiations with the Inquisitors.
Rosabel: Try and support the cultists in doing so.
Assault: [3] The tornado moves directly over TROG, battering him with debris. He's not too damaged but some of his wounds open. (TROG mortally wounded)
Negotiate: [3] They manage to talk a few more out of fighting, but the inquisitors aren't backing down. (-150 cultists inquisitors >.<)

Inquisitors: Strike true! Slay the  cultists!
[4] They attack the unprepared cultists, and kill a few of them. They leave most of them merely wounded though, and barely escape alive. (-7 cultists, 15 cultists wounded)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 26, 2015, 01:19:59 pm »

100 Cultists:Turn on and operate the forge and recycler then fill the molds with the molten metal then wait for it to cool then take out the parts and assemble the items out of the parts(sell all non weapon items, and you are starting to be deliberately obtuse.).
100 Cultists: Arm yourselves and retrieve the orb.
Cultists in high places:Organise a research program on the remains of a orb of stalwart.
Half of remaining cultists(the half with recognisable cultists):Recrute.
100 cultists and me: Learn, study and improve on my runic knowledge.
Rest of remaining cultists: make sure TROG dies.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:54:02 am by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 26, 2015, 02:24:23 pm »

Whoops, forgot to do this one:
DF carp: sacrifice some people in a summoning circle see what happens
factioned cultists: turn me back
new cultists: make a war between a couple horrors

SACRIFICE! SACRIFICE! SACRIFICE!: [1] You sacrifice many to the summoning circle in an attempt to reconcile not having an Orb of Stalwart. It doesn- Oh fuck, WHAT IS THAT? (-100 cultists, gained GOEARERKSFLES)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SOS: [irrelevant] They try to make 100 people un-scream, but nothing happens ((The transformation is permanent I'm afraid. You can tell by the way there are NO transformation abilities on DF carp's sheet. That is, unless you find an artifact/ritual of reversion which will set you back to your original state))
MAKE WAR, NOT LOVE: [5] You send several insulting letters to other horrors addressed from each other. All alliances are off. (alliances cancelled) ((No matter how good your diplomacy you can't actually force other horrors to comply, but they seem willing to fight well enough without encouragement))

Inquisitors: Use the mustard gas to wipe out one of the factions
[1] They crack the mustard gas open too early and gas themselves. Whoops. (-22 inquisitors)
There's nobody left to carry the flag (inquisitors deactivated)

you are starting to be deliberately obtuse.
"Obtuse" as in "misleading" or as in "You keep taking things the wrong way you asshole, stop it"? If it's the former then maybe my naming conventions are too subtle, but if its the latter, stop leaving open ends for me to fill in as I like because I always take the worst possibility.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 26, 2015, 02:39:04 pm »

My journalist minions battered you around a bit.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 26, 2015, 02:46:28 pm »

But my diplomacy!
Damn carp!
thincake

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 26, 2015, 03:08:56 pm »

((So... who wants to finish off Trog? I've got lighting attacks!  8)  8)  8) ))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 26, 2015, 03:10:01 pm »

((I'd Tornado him but you can have the honour))
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 26, 2015, 03:24:03 pm »

((So... who wants to finish off Trog? I've got lighting attacks!  8)  8)  8) ))
((I'd Tornado him but you can have the honour))
((Trog hasn't taken his actions yet this turn, he might beat you to it :P))
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 121