Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212211 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #585 on: April 26, 2015, 03:30:40 pm »

((He's mortally wounded, and I've got a 3 in power. I think. Besides, ZAP!!!, More ZAP!!! and Even More ZAP!!! !))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 26, 2015, 04:47:00 pm »

((Meh, I've let it go so far, if you're allowed to use people you're not even sure you'll get then you should be allowed to use guys you just got too))
Well, no complaints here.

Weapons: [5] Your peons arm themselves with rocket launchers and machine guns they... found. They are not a force to be trifled with. (250 cultists heavily armed)
... yes, you totally found those because Koshu Aerospace is totally a legitimate scientific organization with security personnel and in no way a cult. Good work.

recruit: [2] You can't find any support in this area. Partially because of that huge storm that just swept through. ((What are you gonna do with all these people, eat them?))
Colonize Space. And by Space I mean everything that is not Earth, because Earth is already colonized.

research: [1] They find out that the ritual requires a mixture of dragon blood and wood ash. This is surely good information that will not have any negative repercussions. ("cascade" ritual learned).
This seems too easy; I think we should SCIENCE! it. And by SCIENCE! I mean research. But add mad scientists to the todo list.

Turn 10 act-- lets wait till turn 9 is actually done, shall we?

Fakeedit:

My journalist minions battered you around a bit.
Ah, found it, thanks.
Mudslinging: [5] yeah, screw those guys! (Koshu now has very bad PR)

But my diplomacy!
Damn carp!
I do not think either of us were actually in any alliances to begin with, so it is less of a problem for us.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:50:02 pm by InsaneRationalist »
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 26, 2015, 05:31:51 pm »

Turn 10 act-- lets wait till turn 9 is actually done, shall we?
((Probably wise, no telling what Trog's actions could bring about, especially since he's on death's door and has two sub horrors in his employ...))

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 26, 2015, 05:47:03 pm »

((Probably wise, no telling what Trog's actions could bring about, especially since he's on death's door and has two sub horrors in his employ...))
I am suddenly somewhat less displeased about not being on Earth at the moment.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 26, 2015, 05:55:05 pm »

Too right.
thincake

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 26, 2015, 06:03:05 pm »

"OW! JUST, OW!"

TROG: He Tries to heal himself using natural regeneration abilities! ((He *is* Half Cockroach, after all...))
KONG: SMASH Anthaju!
Gort: Mummify Anthaju's Cult!
75 Mummies: Help Gort!
100 Anarchist Cultists: Guard TROG! Otherwise Civilization will Survive!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 26, 2015, 07:03:16 pm »

((Otherwise Civilization will Survive! You know, I think you and carp are the only horrors opposed to some level of Civilization. No wonder everyone wants you dead.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 26, 2015, 07:45:15 pm »

((Otherwise Civilization will Survive! You know, I think you and carp are the only horrors opposed to some level of Civilization. No wonder everyone wants you dead.))
((Well, the desert guy is (probably unwittingly) opposed to agriculture, but he is less blatant about it.))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 26, 2015, 08:07:32 pm »

"OW! JUST, OW!"

TROG: He Tries to heal himself using natural regeneration abilities! ((He *is* Half Cockroach, after all...))
KONG: SMASH Anthaju!
Gort: Mummify Anthaju's Cult!
75 Mummies: Help Gort!

MEND THY FLESH: [3] You manage to close your wounds despite the poison slowing your recovery, but you're still in pretty bad shape. You'd best pray that nobody hits you while you're down. (now heavily wounded)
BREAKY ANTHAJU: [1] HUNGER!!! I DEMAND MEAT!!! He goes crazy and eats several of your cultists. Nobody can stop him, but luckily his gut isn't TOO big so he only eats a few. (-25 cultists)
Mummicize: [1] He decides that you're in no shape to order him around and decides to stick around the base instead of going out. (aura turns your cultists old)
Guard: [5] They do a phenomenal job, nobody is getting at you without getting through their weary aging bodies. (100 aging cultists guarding)

((Well, at least he didn't eat you...))

Edit: I forgot all about that plagues of egypt thing. I'll let the turn miss thing go since it was supposed to be last turn but this time it'll be a bit more solid.
CURSE: FROG BLIGHT
[5] Your cultists are surrounded by frogs. Hundreds and hundreds of frogs. They are in the way and overrun all your operations. They block you from leaving your ramshackle shelter until you promise not to attack Anthaju (you don't have to mean it, but you do have to say it). (Frogs blocking exits)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 26, 2015, 08:12:25 pm »

((It's guaranteed that somebody, likely me will strike you next turn.))
Generic Arms Race.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 26, 2015, 09:50:35 pm »

Actually, It's probably going to be me.
75 Mercenaries: Do your job and Murder Trog! Hey, that rhymed. Just, uh, watch out for the frogs.
25 Mercenarios: Beat up some of my inquisitors!
Me: Recruit once again!
25 Cultists: assist in the recruiting!
25 Assassins: Ask Unescargot for a truce in the name of beating up carp! Invite him to the pyramid and give him a tour!
25 More Assassins: Assist assassination of the ascended asshole that is Trog!
Another 25 Assassins: Search for the last Orb of Stalwart!

((Well, the desert guy is (probably unwittingly) opposed to agriculture, but he is less blatant about it.))
Hey, If my people can survive thousands of years in the unforgiving land of the desert, then so can the rest of humanity.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 26, 2015, 10:21:07 pm »

Humanity:
Attack TROG:
[4] Your cultists take the brunt of the attack for you. Many get killed. (-50 cultists)

Attack CARP's cult: (since you haven't been summoned)
[6] Rat-a-tat-tat. Some of your cultists die but they are able to fight off the task force sent after them. (-10 armed cultists)

The interdimensional presence on Earth overwhelms Folston and nullifies its magic.
End of Turn 9.
score:
Unescargot (uninjured): summoned
-cultists: 120 cultists, 50 cultists (guarding poorly) 5 high morale empowered wealthy cultists, 5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, 8 cultists in high places, 3 veterans (guarding poorly), professional journalist hirelings
-Items: has a fortress with malevolent architecture, secured Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 10 inquisitors in high places, 60 inquisitors
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows "banishing" ritual
--Puff Puff: nothing (and will probably never have anything)

Tavern wench:
-Inquisitors: 30 inquisitors, 80 well trained inquisitors, 50 lightly armed inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, inquisitors active
-Other: well known, good PR
-Crux the mad (mortally wounded): killed 10% of Earth's population

TROG (mortally wounded): summoned
-cultists: 100 aging anarchist cultists (guarding)
-Problems: afflicted with 10 plagues of egypt (8), despised by humanity, locked in by frogs
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(uninjured): 75 mummies
--KONG(uninjured): nothing

Anthaju(uninjured): summoned
-cultists: 50 cultists, 25 armed trained cultists (guarding base), 75 assassin cultists, 100 mercenaries (2)
-Items: has a pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has dragon blood, has money, prepared "banishment" ritual
-Inquisitors: 5 slow strong mummy inquisitors, 55 inquisitors
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows "banishing" ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4

Koshu:
-Cultists: 352 cultists, 250 cultists heavily armed, 80 empowered cultists
-Items: has a tool shed base with excellent defences, has a few spaceship components,
-Inquisitors: 250 armed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: very bad PR, partially researched cascade, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual

Rabe (uninjured): summoned
-Cultists: 630 cultists, 40 recognizable cultists, 10 cultists in high places
-Items: has sturdy base, metal recycler and shaper set up, has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), limited access to Orb of Stalwart 2
-Inquisitors: 65 inquisitors, 20 jailed inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: KI website and company set up, posters put up, campaign for president started,  destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction

DF CARP:
-Cultists: 15 armed cultists (final faction), 10 armored cultists (final faction)
-Items: has a bunch of fish, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity
--GOEARERKSFLES: unending hunger

Rosabel:
Cultists: 123 cultists, 15 wounded cultists, 50 cultists with cancer, 100 slightly healthier cultists, tornado minion (2)
Items: has dragon blood
Inquisitors: 22 inquisitors, inquisitors activated, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1
Other: good PR, has humanity's sympathy

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible

((Reorganized everything, hopefully this will streamline things and reduce mistakes for those who have a bazillion different things listed... Also, I've been keeping the effects of "bad rituals" a bit of a secret so it would be a surprise when you activate them and things go wrong (spoiled by the fact that you can see when you roll a 1 on research), but would you guys prefer that I tell you outright how your cultists fucked up instead?))

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 26, 2015, 10:45:49 pm »

((Also, I've been keeping the effects of "bad rituals" a bit of a secret so it would be a surprise when you activate them and things go wrong (spoiled by the fact that you can see when you roll a 1 on research), but would you guys prefer that I tell you outright how your cultists fucked up instead?))
I would prefer the outright option, but if not that just means I have to have my cultists continue researching until they figure it out the tedious way.

Semi-relatedly, is it time for the end of turn 9 summary or are there still people left to go?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 26, 2015, 10:55:14 pm »

((Also, I've been keeping the effects of "bad rituals" a bit of a secret so it would be a surprise when you activate them and things go wrong (spoiled by the fact that you can see when you roll a 1 on research), but would you guys prefer that I tell you outright how your cultists fucked up instead?))
I would prefer the outright option, but if not that just means I have to have my cultists continue researching until they figure it out the tedious way.

Semi-relatedly, is it time for the end of turn 9 summary or are there still people left to go?
I didn't quite update it right, seems like it's always something but at least this time it was just the turn counter and removing the quote... I counted 8 people though so that should be everyone

edit:
I also just realized I didn't change TROG's cultist count, fixed

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 26, 2015, 11:20:11 pm »

Recruit.
[6] You manage to get a few people to join you, though it seems your inquisitors are a tempting alternative (+100 cultists, +30 inquisitors)
Crux: Light! Why do you fade so? COME BACK LIGHT!
[7][3] CARP's cultists get targeted
[6] They are filled with the light of Chaos. They can do some chaos magyks, but on their deaths they will violently explode. Speaking of which... (Carp's followers are now Crux's chosen... they are still cultists of carp though, it's weird)
TASTE THE Rainbow...
Crux has died from his wounds. His body explodes, taking his mask with him. (Crux is dead, mask of madness destroyed)

Inquisitors: Tavern Wench has been a bit quiet, best go back to your normal lives for now (inquisitors deactivated)

Actually, It's probably going to be me.
75 Mercenaries: Do your job and Murder Trog! Hey, that rhymed. Just, uh, watch out for the frogs.
25 Mercenarios: Beat up some of my inquisitors!
Me: Recruit once again!
25 Cultists: assist in the recruiting!
25 Assassins: Ask Unescargot for a truce in the name of beating up carp! Invite him to the pyramid and give him a tour!
25 More Assassins: Assist assassination of the ascended asshole that is Trog!
Another 25 Assassins: Search for the last Orb of Stalwart!

Murder Troggy pun time!: [4] They charge into battle against Trog's cultists and fight hard. The mercenaries put up an admirable effort and the assassins manage to support well from the back lines, killing most of Trog's cultists, but then KONG chases them away. (-15 mercs, TROG loses 100 aging cultists)
ISSUE ZE BEAT-DOWN: [4] They hit and run the inquisitors and spray paint "Anthaju 4 lyf" on the inquisitors' base as per you instruction. It doesn't go over as well as you might imagine. (-25 inquisitors, inquisitors activated)
RECROOT!: [1] Fek auf wit yer fekkin desert! (+55 inquisitors) ((dat recruiting luck, man))
Trucery: [4] You manage to convince him that you mean peace. Very noble of you considering those rude things he said about your mother in that letter he most assuredly wrote (Unescargot invited to base)
Orb hunt: [1] They got shot by armed strangled by cultists while snooping outside Anthaju's Unescargot's base. Hey, he was already just got summoned, he's probably hiding the orb (-25 assassins)
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 121