Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 215646 times)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #885 on: July 19, 2015, 03:48:18 pm »

Nice, I would swap 1 mindlock for 1 appeal as:

1. There isn't anything piticularly nasty about you as you said 2. Many people would like to learn how to do magic and make explosions (I would be among your cultists because of that.) 3. Your talk of saving the world from a botany based apocalypse would draw support. and 4. I think that anything above one on mindlock is a waste (but that's just me)

Also can the next person wait a turn before posting a horror? It makes me nervous.
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 19, 2015, 04:35:05 pm »

Nice, I would swap 1 mindlock for 1 appeal as:

1. There isn't anything piticularly nasty about you as you said 2. Many people would like to learn how to do magic and make explosions (I would be among your cultists because of that.) 3. Your talk of saving the world from a botany based apocalypse would draw support. and 4. I think that anything above one on mindlock is a waste (but that's just me)

Also can the next person wait a turn before posting a horror? It makes me nervous.
How valuable mindlock is depends on how powerful your competitors are, right now I'm thinking -1 or 2 power for each level of mindlock, so 2 or 3 mindlock would make you nearly invincible to nonphysical attacks, but if everyone has 1-3 power than 1 is probably sufficient. That said, while stats do change how you play there is no wrong build, but cultists will be a lot less valuable next game because of the 4 action limit.

Also, no need to be nervous, the game won't end until all but one horror is dead/purged, or all the horrors are dead, and we still have some guys that haven't even been summoned yet. Btw, you should probably get on the purging, those guys are getting closer and closer to being summoned.

Also, Koshu and Rosabel need to post actions before we can move on...

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 19, 2015, 04:39:31 pm »

50 cultists: find tallow candles.
Rest of cultists: do good deeds et cetera (raise PR even further)
Me: Recruit!
thincake

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 19, 2015, 04:49:21 pm »

four... FOUR?!? it it can't be (panics)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 19, 2015, 05:04:19 pm »

50 cultists: find tallow candles.
Rest of cultists: do good deeds et cetera (raise PR even further)
Me: Recruit!

find: [3] They find more candles... these ones hopefully won't explode.... but they didn't get enough! IDIOTS! (partially gathered tallow candles)
raise PR: [3] They hand out candy to orphans and volunteer at soup kitchens. Their work goes largely unnoticed, but those who do notice really appreciate it. (PR now very good)
recruit: [3] You whisper the secrets of goodwill unto others, and they join your crew. Then you get tired and decide to take the rest of the day off. (+50 cultists)

four... FOUR?!? it it can't be (panics)
Oh no, you might be forced to prioritize rather than doing everything at once :horror:

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 19, 2015, 05:34:04 pm »

((Hm. You should compensate for only four actions by making the actions more powerful.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 19, 2015, 06:50:01 pm »

((Hm. You should compensate for only four actions by making the actions more powerful.))
((The idea is to stop people from taking 10 actions in a turn so having more than 4 people playing is less stressful, but I'll consider it))

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 19, 2015, 07:17:48 pm »

ok, I will try it next game but right now I have the resources to start the epilogue within a turn or 3 if I multitask. (Evonix)
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 19, 2015, 07:18:46 pm »

ya that was me

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 19, 2015, 07:57:04 pm »

i have two actions  :p (carp)

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 19, 2015, 08:00:15 pm »

yeah evonix got on my computer posted something on my account logged onto his account then i came back so he got off and i posted something on his account now i have logged on my account
also i wanted to add on that last post "i have two actions most turns"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:28:14 am by carp »

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 20, 2015, 01:07:32 pm »

Also, Koshu and Rosabel need to post actions before we can move on...

Sorry, I have been having internet problems.

Turn 20, I belive; perhaps we can do a bit less failing this time:
175 cultists: clear a path through spike, pitfall and deadfall traps so we can safely leave our base. (Ideally get the traps to serve as defenses like they are supposed to, but just removing them would be fine.)
200 heavily armed cultists: guard the base. (This means, if inquisitors try to build traps or siege engines or anything else around the base, you shoot at them.)
80 empowered insane cultists: continue research, it is not like you can go double-insane, right?
Koshu: recruit.
Any cultists Koshu just recruited: set up a secondary base elsewhere. Preferably with reduced amounts of horrible death.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 20, 2015, 03:17:52 pm »

Sorry, I have been having internet problems.

Turn 20, I belive; perhaps we can do a bit less failing this time:
175 cultists: clear a path through spike, pitfall and deadfall traps so we can safely leave our base. (Ideally get the traps to serve as defenses like they are supposed to, but just removing them would be fine.)
200 heavily armed cultists: guard the base. (This means, if inquisitors try to build traps or siege engines or anything else around the base, you shoot at them.)
80 empowered insane cultists: continue research, it is not like you can go double-insane, right?
Koshu: recruit.
Any cultists Koshu just recruited: set up a secondary base elsewhere. Preferably with reduced amounts of horrible death.
Clear path: [6] They find a path through the trap field the only way they know how: drawing straws and walking through it. Eventually they find a path, but it may have been more costly than would be ideal... The traps seem to have been laid specifically to make it hard to leave the base, and once they find a way out the safe path seems obvious. Stupid inquisitors, and those idiots who didn't even mark out the path when they left before. (-75 cultists, no longer booby trapped)
guard better, dammit!: [3] They are feeling lazy today so they just set up some mirrors to keep an eye on everywhere at once and leave about 20 dudes watching while the rest get snacks. Realistically, their eyesight isn't going to be up to the task of seeing a mile away inside forest cover, even if they had a watchtower which they don't. (20 heavily armed cultists guarding, watch mirrors set up)
Research II, the Researchence: [6] They find a spell that causes humans to explode. The more humans, the bigger the explosion. Don't ask how they found out. It requires that they be within a ritual circle, so it isn't as useful as it sounds. It appears that they just set them on fire with gasoline, but what would you know about magic, giant flying obelisk? (-80 insane cultists, gained ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists})
recruit: [6] You convince more poor saps awesome dudes to join your crew of incendiaries winners. For some reason others don't like the idea of dying in a glorious fire going to space. (+75 cultists, +30 inquisitors)
new base: [2] They just stay in the normal base, nothing too remarkable.

Normal Inquisitors: Fire at the base from afar with the siege engines
[4] They fire ballistas and catapults at you from the forest, some of your cultists get killed but the real damage is done to the flimsy tool shed you have been working out of. (-10 cultists, base destroyed)
Armed inquisitors: Prepare for retaliation
[3] Like their ancestors before them, they will wait for the right moment to strike when the enemy marches toward them. Unlike their ancestors, they have M-40s. Also unlike their ancestors, they have no idea what they are doing. About half of them go on break. (75 inquisitors poorly guarding)

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 22, 2015, 07:37:55 am »

i wanted to post this here now that it's closer to game 4
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:25:49 am by carp »

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 22, 2015, 09:56:00 am »

i wanted to post this here now that it's closer to game 4
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nuke it
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 121