Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 214193 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #900 on: July 22, 2015, 10:59:33 am »

i wanted to post this here now that it's closer to game 4
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Perhaps I was unclear before, you can't change your stats with abilities that results in you having more than 5 stat points. I've altered it on the waitlist to say that you can absorb abilities instead but if that doesn't suit you then change your horror

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 22, 2015, 07:44:19 pm »

Who needs to go?
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 22, 2015, 07:58:02 pm »

I'm kinda busy with real life stuff, I'll move the turn forward tomorrow...

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 23, 2015, 08:24:40 am »

Perhaps I was unclear before, you can't change your stats with abilities that results in you having more than 5 stat points. I've altered it on the waitlist to say that you can absorb abilities instead but if that doesn't suit you then change your horror
oh sorry i forgot to edit that bit i'm editing it now.
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 23, 2015, 08:27:15 am »

Nuke it
yeah that's why it spends most of it's time in space also why i put in it has to stay in atmosphere

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 23, 2015, 09:00:59 am »

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 23, 2015, 10:09:12 pm »

Humanity
Attack CARP's cult:
[2] What? Did that guy get help? Oh, we should probably do something then, right? Nah, we'll get to it later...

Blacklist Unescargot's hirelings
[5] All of Unescargot's hirelings lose their jobs and have to move to another country to start anew. Word gets out and nobody will work for Unescargot's cult for awhile. (journalist hirelings lost, cult blacklisted)

End of Turn ???.
score:
Unescargot (DEAD): summoned, getting old
-cultists: 130 cultists, 10 infiltrator cultists (infiltrating Rabe, can open gate to his base), 5 high morale empowered wealthy cultists, 5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, 10 wealthy cultists, 8 cultists in high places, 100 trained cultists, 3 veterans, limited connection to president (will badmouth Rabe), all disheartened, blacklisted (can't hire outside help)
-Items: veteran memoirs
-Inquisitors: 40 lightly armed inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual, hated by humanity, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}
--Mega Puff Puff (engorged): plush toy that looks just like him, a bunch of moist air

Tavern wench:
-cultists: a pile of corpses
-Items: Swelteringly hot base in the desert (breached, 1 turn of cool weather), has dragon blood, has mercury, access to Orb of Stability 1
-Inquisitors: 35 inquisitors, 80 well trained inquisitors, 40 lightly armed inquisitors, 5 recognizable inquisitors, Inquisitors activated
-Other: well known, moderately bad PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury, consumes orb of stability, can sub Dragon blood [causes injury]}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(lightly wounded): hallucinating

Anthaju(DEAD): summoned, resting in peace
-cultists: 55 cultists, 15 reapers
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 3 strong mummy inquisitors, 20 inquisitorial reapers, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion, bad PR

Koshu:
-Cultists: 165 cultists, 180 heavily armed cultists, 20 heavily armed cultists guarding
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up
-Inquisitors: 80 armed inquisitors, 75 armed inquisitors (guarding) 212 inquisitors, have weak siege engines set up, inquisitors activated
-Other: excellent PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}

Rabe (uninjured): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol, paranoid, hallucinating (50% chance to fail to even attempt each roll)
-Cultists: 1410 cultists, 350 heavily armed cultists, 75 trained heavily armed cultists,  30 hallucinating cultists (guarding), 50 armed cultists, 1 old cultist (guarding for Puff puff), 15 recognizable cultists, all hallucinating
-Items: has sturdy base with defenses (+lightning rods, humidifiers, and 20 gun turrets), has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, ), knows location of Lunar Orb of Stalwart, has colorful chalk, has dragon blood, has grand training center, has hidden bunker
-Inquisitors: 250 inquisitors, have ornate mansion base, inquisitors activated
-Other: posters put up, campaign for president started,  destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, mixed PR, founded Miskatonic University, created Kitten Industries, requested Koshu's permission to summon him, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, aware of power store ritual
--Miskatonic University: has book of power swap ritual, knows power swap ritual, researched Orb of Stalwart, seeking authorization to research power store ritual
--Kitten Industries: 611 cultists, 25 recognizable cultists, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones)

DF CARP: rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp
-goal: CARP LIFE
-Cultists: 150 cultists
-Items: CARP LIFE DON'T NEED MATERIAL GOODS
-Inquisitors: 30 inquisitors, inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: CARP LIFE 4 EVAR, has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, detested by humanity
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2

Rosabel:
Cultists: 301 cultists, 100 slightly healthier cultists, 50 assassin cultists
Items: has dragon blood, has gold block, has dynamite, partially gathered tallow candles
Inquisitors: 30 inquisitors, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2
Other: very good PR, has humanity's sympathy, buried the dead, knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible, everyone is on psi-net

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 23, 2015, 10:44:09 pm »

Recruit.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 24, 2015, 08:35:33 am »

((wait, I have a psi-net account?  i mean are there masses of carp shaped like antennae to amplify my psikik scignaltm?))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 24, 2015, 11:15:37 am »

Recruit.
A shocking maneuver that nobody saw coming.
[4] You convince more poor saps to join you while the weather is cool. (+100 cultists)
Gonna let you do this one because I'm a nice guy:
Recruited cultists: perform ze summoningz!
[3] They manage to get everything in order, but because of their rush from recruitment to performance the ritual goes a little loopy and your leave a few fingers behind. (summoned, lightly injured)

Inquisitors: kill the cultists
[1] Well... that could've gone better... (-35 inquisitors, -30 lightly armed inquisitors)
recognizable inquisitors: point out that you are working AGAINST a cult, not FOR a cult
[5] They convince the public that they are perfectly trustworthy. Damn, they must have some good lawyers. (now in high places again)
((wait, I have a psi-net account?  i mean are there masses of carp shaped like antennae to amplify my psikik scignaltm?))
Every horror has a psi-net account. It's required by the Eldritch council as per ordinance 243 and is the reason you can contact your cultists despite not having telepathy... Yep, that's the explanation I'm going with now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 24, 2015, 11:28:43 am »

Me: activate my secret spam account on psi-net(dead man's switch) and send it to attack Rabe!
130 basic cultists: do research to find a ritual that can be used to resurrect horrors(it should be possible, I resurrected one horror by hitting him with lightning).
20 wealthy cultists: fund the research.
4 cultists in high places: do speeches to boost my cultist's morale!
4 cultists in high places: boost my PR.
100 trained cultists, 3 veterans: guard the researchers.
10 infiltrator cultists: set time bombs on the training center.
Mega Puff Puff: blast KONG with hallucinogens and kite(lead) him to Rabe's base!

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 24, 2015, 01:00:08 pm »

Me: activate my secret spam account on psi-net(dead man's switch) and send it to attack Rabe!
130 basic cultists: do research to find a ritual that can be used to resurrect horrors(it should be possible, I resurrected one horror by hitting him with lightning).
20 wealthy cultists: fund the research.
4 cultists in high places: do speeches to boost my cultist's morale!
4 cultists in high places: boost my PR.
100 trained cultists, 3 veterans: guard the researchers.
10 infiltrator cultists: set time bombs on the training center.
Mega Puff Puff: blast KONG with hallucinogens and kite(lead) him to Rabe's base!

Trolling Rabe: [2] You quickly realize that you never made the spam account, it was on your to-do list right after bringing rain but you never got around to it.
research: [irrelevant] Like so many generations of mortals, you have found that reversing death is impossible. If there was some specimen of undeadness that you could study, perhaps you could find a way, but certainly no way to reform a gaseous form such as your own, so long after your grave's gone cold.
Boost morale: [2] They had something else scheduled today and couldn't make it.
PR: [6] They give a glorious speech about how amazing you are. Due to your obscenely unpopular position, they end up being kicked out of office, but they do manage to stop people from attacking your cult in broad daylight (very bad PR, cultists now merely recognizable)
guard: [4] They take up guard positions and are ready for the fight (guarding).
set bombs: [2] They don't have bombs and area of Rabe's base with explosives is being watched. They choose to keep their anonymity instead of going for the glorious downfall.

puff puff, operation crazy KONG: [6] Puff puff makes KONG go crazy, but forgot the latter part of the orders and led him back to your cult instead (KONG attacking you)

KONG: Crush tiny peanuts!
[2] They are too many! Must crush faster! *KONG is bashing the ground all around him, leaving large cracks but not hurting anyone*

Low morale: make cultists quit
[2] Nobody leaves today, but it doesn't look like people are feeling any more confident about tomorrow.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 24, 2015, 07:08:21 pm »

Recruit.
50 cultists: Improve PR.
40 cultists: Heal me.
10 cultists: Help recruit on psi-net.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:54:06 am by wipeout1024 »

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 25, 2015, 07:28:26 am »

no wonder i'm getting such bad luck i only signed up for the free eldritch translator

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 25, 2015, 10:14:20 am »

End of Turn ???.
Koshu:
-Cultists: 165 cultists, 180 heavily armed cultists, 20 heavily armed cultists guarding
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up
-Inquisitors: 80 armed inquisitors, 75 armed inquisitors (guarding) 212 inquisitors, have weak siege engines set up, inquisitors activated
-Other: excellent PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}

Turn ??@:
200 heavily armed cultists: you know what? Just go shoot the 212 inquisitors and blow up their siege engines.
Hey, we are a legitimate aerospace company, right? We should not have to have more armed guards than regular employees.
15 cultists: get the police to arrest the armed inquisitors. (Hopefully our excellent PR will help here.)
Koshu and 150 cultists: recruit.
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 121