Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212193 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #975 on: August 13, 2015, 10:02:22 pm »

This turn actions:

Infiltrator cultists: activate the death bot and use it against Rabe!
Everybody else: research a ritual to draw a dead horror's mind into a living horror's body. Wealthy ones fund it, politicians pull up public support, everybody else does grunt research.
Puff Puff: Snipe Rabe with magic powder.

Eleet Infiltrator Akshun: [3] As it happens, they did slip into Kitten Industries with the cultists that were sent there (and avoided the hallucinogens as a result). They manage to activate the death robot, but fail to turn it against Rabe, so they basically just saved KI an action turning it on. (Infiltrators in KI, Giant death robot activated)
SAVE ME DAMMIT: [4] They discover a ritual that enables a dead horror to take control of a living horror's body. It is, of course, temporary, but all too useful for completing unfinished business and appointing chosen to lead the cult in their stead. The dead horror must unfortunately use the stats of the still living horror, but can use their own abilities through them. The ritual requires two horrors (one living, one dead), and a charm of channeling. (Learned ritual of temporary possession {req host and possessor horror, charm of channeling})
Snipper Puff puff: [4] Puff puff doesn't understand this "sniping" concept, so he just floats over and nuzzles against Rabe. Rabe starts seeing stars again, but it's not nearly as harsh now. (Rabe experiencing minor hallucinations {1/6 chance of failing to perform actions})
Edit: :-[ accidentally abandoned a sentence halfway through...

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 14, 2015, 12:12:36 am »

Me: Preferably with the horrific Glasgow Smile hidden, find somewhere to live on this planet. Preferably a cultist's house.
100 cultists: Raise money for charity.
All the other cultists: Take a break, but remember to always help those in need.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 14, 2015, 09:45:45 am »

Me: Preferably with the horrific Glasgow Smile hidden, find somewhere to live on this planet. Preferably a cultist's house.
All the other cultists: Take a break, but remember to always help those in need.

Find a home: [5] You find a large church strangely abandoned. It appears that a lot of charity functions were once done through this church. Naturally one of your followers used to be a preacher and shows you where you can hide during whatever's happening if you're not happy with people seeing your joker-esque appearance (or you are attacked for some unknown reason). (Now have Grand cathedral base)
Moneyz: [5] They are raking in teh cash! All teh pplz will be happy with them! Of course, nondescript charity organization (Nondescript charity organization, helping people in nonspecific ways for over 500 seconds) is very pleased to have such a large donation. (Nondescript charity organization social link enhanced Now adored by humanity)
Sleep it off: [1] They have horrible nightmares. Some of them don't look right when they return. (551 cultists gone mad)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 14, 2015, 09:48:21 am »

((Do my amazing healpowers work on mental illnesses?))
thincake

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 14, 2015, 09:49:31 am »

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 14, 2015, 11:15:02 am »

((Are you sure they're ill, or are they the only ones who realize what's really going on?))

Recruit.
Cultists: Heal me.
Recruit: [6] While on death's door, you do the natural thing and demand more people join to watch your funeral. It sort of works. (+100 cultists, +30 inquisitors)
Not die: [1] Oops, apparently they mixed up the healing brew meant to save you in emergencies with the poisoned lager they were going to slip into the stores of the inquisitors. (Tavern Wench is DEAD)

Heat: fuck up TW's day even more
[1] It's actually fairly nice out today, perfect weather for a game of booze jockey funeral. Perhaps the sunny season is finally  over. (no longer swelteringly hot)

Inquisitors: celebrate the recent death of the beer witch
[6] They party too hard and drink some of the poisoned lager. (-45 inquisitors, inquisitors deactivated)

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 14, 2015, 08:31:05 pm »

Koshu:
-Cultists: 1140 cultists, 50 heavily armed cultists, 50 heavily armed cultists guarding
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up
-Inquisitors: 80 armed inquisitors, 75 armed inquisitors (guarding), 512 inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: moderately good PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}

Turn Kumquat:
200 cultists: assist with Rosabel's cultists' charity work.
140 cultists: improve PR.
500 cultists and Koshu: recruit.
300 cultists: aquire Dragonblood (as always, do not drink Dragonblood).
100 heavily armed cultists: guard other cultists.

Edit:
((Are you sure they're ill, or are they the only ones who realize what's really going on?))

Well, given that Koshu and, per her character sheet, Rosabel genuinely want to help people, they would have to know only part of what is really going on.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 08:36:43 pm by InsaneRationalist »
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 14, 2015, 11:33:35 pm »

Koshu:
-Cultists: 1140 cultists, 50 heavily armed cultists, 50 heavily armed cultists guarding
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up
-Inquisitors: 80 armed inquisitors, 75 armed inquisitors (guarding), 512 inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: moderately good PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}

Turn Kumquat:
200 cultists: assist with Rosabel's cultists' charity work.
140 cultists: improve PR.
500 cultists and Koshu: recruit.
300 cultists: aquire Dragonblood (as always, do not drink Dragonblood).
100 heavily armed cultists: guard other cultists.

Edit:

Well, given that Koshu and, per her character sheet, Rosabel genuinely want to help people, they would have to know only part of what is really going on.
If you consider mind controlling people and wanting to turn them all into cyborgs "helping" then sure
Charity II The chariting: [6] They work alongside smiley's cultists with their funny clown makeup, but they don't get anything for it. Some of the cultists find a new hobby in the nondescript charity organization and quit the cult. (-100 cultists)
PR: [5] They make you a much more popular guy by talking up your amazingness. Everyone is super impressed by your huge obsidian muscles. (now excellent PR)
Recruut: [3] You and your peons get more pplz to halp (+280 cultists).
dwagun blud: [2] They bring you some genuine, bona fide, gourmet air! Delicious, but not very filling!
Gourd: [6] They get so obsessed with guarding that they ignore the fact that some of them have gone missing (85 heavily armed cultists guarding, -15 heavily armed cultists guarding)

Regular inquisitors: build more siege engines
[1] Their building plans are disaterous and several die in accidents (-100 inquisitors)
Nonguarding armed inquisitors: train
[4] They practice with their weapons and get better at aiming and not shooting each other on accident. (now trained)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 17, 2015, 05:20:44 pm »

PTW
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 17, 2015, 06:53:58 pm »

I think we're waiting on CARP and Rabe to take actions for the turn, any time guys...

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 18, 2015, 09:15:45 am »

sorry did'nt realize
ME: RECROOT
100 cultists: try to find submarine parts you know the thing the go under water
50 cultist: research a summoning ritual preferably on that involves sacrifices or ooblek.

((am i correct in think that for example if i just recruit and get a 5 i will get say a hundred cultists
however if i recruit with an incentive and get a 5 i might get 250 cultists?))
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 18, 2015, 06:15:08 pm »

sorry did'nt realize
ME: RECROOT
100 cultists: try to find submarine parts you know the thing the go under water
50 cultist: research a summoning ritual preferably on that involves sacrifices or ooblek.

((am i correct in think that for example if i just recruit and get a 5 i will get say a hundred cultists
however if i recruit with an incentive and get a 5 i might get 250 cultists?))
((If you recruit with your horror and you get a 5 you will get 100 cultists with your current build, if you recruit with cultists you get 2 cultists for every 1 cultist recrooting on a 5, but if you get a 1 or a 6 on recruiting you get 1 inquisitor for every cultist recruiting but only 30 inquisitors when your horror is recruiting. There are no other modifiers for recruiting, so you'll just have to make sure you don't run too low on cultists. I may consider changing it, but it would probably end badly since people would inevitably drag each other's recruitment odds down until everyone gets 5 cultists per recruitment))
Recruit: [1] You thrash about and people want you to stop. (+30 inquisitors)
We all live in a yellow submarine: [4] They finally stop thinking about sandwiches and bring the submarine parts you've been demanding for the past week. There certainly aren't enough parts for a machine big enough for your entire cult, but your undersea base shouldn't require too many people. (submarine parts acquired)
Research: [1] They accidentally banish themselves to a different dimension. Oops. (-50 cultists)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 18, 2015, 11:20:17 pm »

Me: Rest.
Rest: Take the water out of the base then pour it over one another far from my base.(and from me)
Miskatonic University: find more about the things unseen:where they will appear, if they can count as their own theme ball and if not what their theme is.
K.I.:if M.U. have succeeded then use the knowledge to set a power store trap AKA. acquire materials then prepare ritual at site then do it when they appear(remember you have a giant death robot to help you if they are uncooperative, and that you get most of the crystals for your help.)
Has descended into madness

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 19, 2015, 09:41:21 am »

SAME AS LAST TIME
((imagine that in an deep ominus voice :) ))
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 19, 2015, 11:18:22 am »

Me: Rest.
Rest: Take the water out of the base then pour it over one another far from my base.(and from me)
Miskatonic University: find more about the things unseen:where they will appear, if they can count as their own theme ball and if not what their theme is.
K.I.:if M.U. have succeeded then use the knowledge to set a power store trap AKA. acquire materials then prepare ritual at site then do it when they appear(remember you have a giant death robot to help you if they are uncooperative, and that you get most of the crystals for your help.)

Sleep, O Dreamer fair: [3-4] You ignore the voices in your head and take a nap, speeding your healing up. (heal at end of turn)
Wet T-shirt contest: [5] You aren't hallucinating badly enough to keep yourself from talking to your cultists, so they bucket out all the water and splash it all over each other. They ignore the fact that it looks like blood to them and are relieved to find weren't lying to them. (Cultists no longer hallucinating, base no longer flooded)

MU: [5] They find many things about A Thing Unseen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ATU: Tear this place to the ground
[2] It just floats there ominously. Good thing too, with nobody to defend the university any success would've destroyed all the progress they've made.

KI: [3] Rushed for time, they Collect starfruit, gelatin, and sugar, but aren't able to make the jelly OR prepare the ritual. (got materials for starfruit jelly)
The giant death robot moves to fight the THING UNSEEN:
[2] But it can't fit through the door of the university.

President: drag down Rabe's reputation
[5] He gets a national message out describing the horrible crimes performed by MU and KI under your watch. You watch your public relations sink like a rock. (very bad PR)

Inquisitors: perform ignite mortals ritual around Rabe's base ((sorry))
[5] They work double time, running around the main facility of your base where your cultists are busy moving water out. When the final rune is drawn and the gasoline is ignited, all your cultists find themselves engulfed in flames, save for a few that happened to be outside the base when the flame struck. The flames lick your fur covered skin and give you a nasty burn. (heavily injured, -1385 cultists, -350 heavily armed cultists, -75 trained heavily armed cultists, -1 old cultist)
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 121