Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212245 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #990 on: August 19, 2015, 02:40:07 pm »

((... finally something works.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 19, 2015, 04:23:17 pm »

Humanity
Help Rosabel: Move injured people to chapel
[2] They don't know where all the injured people are. If only they had thought to take a look in the hospital like Smiley's cultists did.

Weakness timer down 1. Healing cancelled due to additional damage.

End of Turn something.
score:
Unescargot (DEAD): summoned, getting old
-cultists: 80 cultists, 10 infiltrator cultists (infiltrating Kitten Industries, can open gate to his base), 5 high morale empowered wealthy cultists, 5 annoyed empowered wealthy cultists, 10 wealthy cultists, 4 cultists in high places, 4 recognizable cultists, 100 trained cultists, 3 veterans, limited connection to president (will badmouth Rabe), all disheartened, blacklisted (can't hire outside help), all hallucinating
-Items: veteran memoirs
-Inquisitors: 40 lightly armed inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual, hated by humanity, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows ritual of temporary possession {req host and possessor horror, charm of channeling}
--Puff Puff (uninjured): plush toy that looks just like him

Tavern wench (DEAD): summoned, sunburn [+1 to damage taken]
-cultists: 120 cultists
-Items: base in the desert (breached), has dragon blood, has mercury, access to Orb of Stability 1
-Inquisitors: 50 well trained inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, Inquisitors activated
-Other: well known, moderately good PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury, consumes orb of stability, can sub Dragon blood [causes injury]}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(moderately wounded): hallucinating, berserk

Anthaju(DEAD): summoned, resting in peace
-cultists: 55 cultists, 15 reapers
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 3 strong mummy inquisitors, 20 inquisitorial reapers, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion, bad PR

Koshu:
-Cultists: 1320 cultists, 85 heavily armed cultists (guarding)
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up
-Inquisitors: 80 trained armed inquisitors, 75 armed inquisitors (guarding), 412 inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: excellent PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}

Rabe (heavily injured): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol, paranoid, afraid of water, experiencing minor hallucinations (1/6 chance of failing to perform personal actions)
-Cultists: 50 armed cultists, 15 recognizable cultists, 25 lightly armed cultists
-Items: has sturdy base with defenses (+lightning rods, humidifiers, and 20 gun turrets), has a bunch of metal, has bricks and concrete, knows location of Lunar Orb of Stalwart, has colorful chalk, has dragon blood, has grand training center, has hidden bunker
-Inquisitors: 200 inquisitors, have ornate mansion base, know ritual of ignite mortals {req gasoline, consumes cultists}, have gasoline, inquisitors activated
-Other: posters put up, campaign for president started, reputation under fire by president, very bad PR,  requested Koshu's permission to summon him, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, aware of power store ritual
-Achievements: destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, founded Miskatonic University, created Kitten Industries
--Miskatonic University: has book of power swap ritual, knows power swap ritual, knows power store ritual {requires shoe polish and horror, consumes orb of horror's theme}, researched Orb of Stalwart, seeking authorization to research power store ritual, being investigated by authorities, Being attacked by A THING UNSEEN
--Kitten Industries: 611 cultists, 25 recognizable cultists, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), heavily armed giant death robot (2 physique, 2 power, can launch missiles), has materials for starfruit jelly

DF CARP: rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp
-goal: CARP LIFE
-Cultists: 100 cultists
-Items: Delicious sandwiches, submarine parts
-Inquisitors: 60 inquisitors, inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Other: CARP LIFE 4 EVAR, has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of),  destroyed the focus stone, going crazy, horrible PR, campaigning for mayor of Tijuana and doing very badly
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2

Rosabel (uninjured): summoned, weakened [1]
Cultists: 551 mad cultists, 50 slightly healthier cultists, 50 assassin cultists
Items: has dragon blood, has gold block, has dynamite, has tallow candles, has Grand cathedral base
Inquisitors: 30 inquisitors, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2
Other: adored by humanity, community improved, has humanity's sympathy, buried the dead, knows location of sick and injured, knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible, everyone is on psi-net

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 19, 2015, 04:58:54 pm »

SAME AS LAST TIME
((imagine that in an deep ominus voice :) ))
No, I will imagine it in a high, squeaky voice and you can't stop me!
sorry did'nt realize
ME: RECROOT
100 cultists: try to find submarine parts you know the thing the go under water
50 cultist: research a summoning ritual preferably on that involves sacrifices or ooblek.

((am i correct in think that for example if i just recruit and get a 5 i will get say a hundred cultists
however if i recruit with an incentive and get a 5 i might get 250 cultists?))
Recrut: [6] You convince more hapless scrubs to join your quest for madness CARP LIFE. Also, some haters, but who cares about them? (+50 cultists, +30 inquisitors)
Submarine parts R Us: (with 50 since you don't have enough cultists for previous levels) [4] They find more submarine parts. You now have enough parts to carry most of your cultists under da sea. (+more submarine parts)
Summonz: [2] They get lazy and start playing paper football instead of researching.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 19, 2015, 05:24:17 pm »

1/2 of cultists: Recruit
Other half: Spread the word of TW's glory.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 19, 2015, 05:33:13 pm »

Infiltrator cultists: use the giant death robot to finish Rabe off(with missiles!) Everyone else: Use the ritual of mind transfer(whatever) to send my mind into that of Rosabel! Puff Puff: Blast Koshu's cult with powders!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 19, 2015, 06:10:45 pm »

Infiltrator cultists: use the giant death robot to finish Rabe off(with missiles!) Everyone else: Use the ritual of mind transfer(whatever) to send my mind into that of Rosabel! Puff Puff: Blast Koshu's cult with powders!
You don't have any of the materials for the ritual so that action would just be changed to collecting the charm... Also, Rosabel is protected by her base now... Would you like to reconsider?

1/2 of cultists: Recruit
Other half: Spread the word of TW's glory.
Recruit: [3] They work to bring more people to the glory of the beer republic. (+30 cultists)
GLORY: [1] IT DIDN'T WORK (moderately bad PR)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 19, 2015, 06:20:57 pm »

Me: Attempt to relieve my followers of their madness.
Healthier Cultists: Research creating Chosen.
Assassin Cultists: Set up defenses.
((Can I attempt to give orders to the mad cultists?))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:32:15 pm by Adragis029 »
thincake

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 19, 2015, 06:28:32 pm »

Yes. Infiltrators do the robot thing, normals seek out charm, politicians blast Rabe's PR(so does the president), wealthies try to purchase an artifact that mind controls horrors.
Generic Arms Race.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 19, 2015, 06:46:40 pm »

Yes. Infiltrators do the robot thing, normals seek out charm, politicians blast Rabe's PR(so does the president), wealthies try to purchase an artifact that mind controls horrors.
Robot: [2] There's no piloting seat, they can't figure out how to hack it.
Charm hunt: [3] They find a charm of tunneling. It can be used to dig tunnels. That's basically the same thing, right? (charm of tunneling acquired)
PR assault: [6] They pile more onto Rabe's bad reputation than already exists. It drags your own cult's reputation through the mud as well. (Rabe now hated by humanity, your cult is now being prosecuted again despite you being gone)
Mind control artifact: [2] Such a thing doesn't seem to exist. That or humans just never found the artifact. Or it's not for sale, that's possible too...

Bad morale: make cultists leave
[5] Many of your cultists are getting tired of slaving away for no pay for a master that is dead. They quit and head for greener pastures. (-80 cultists, -50 trained cultists, -3 veterans)

Puff puff: visit Koshu
[2] He stays here instead.
Puff puff powder: [3] He spreads powder around, covering several of your cultists who were standing around the base. (politicians, recognizable cultists, and wealthy cultists hallucinating)
Me: Attempt to relieve my followers of their madness.
Healthier Cultists: Research creating Chosen.
Assassin Cultists: Set up defenses.
((Can I attempt to give orders to the mad cultists?))
((Feel free. They should still work, but they'll veer more toward otherworldly stuff now.))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 19, 2015, 07:11:40 pm »

In that case:

Healthier Cultists: Bring sick and injured to the Cathedral.
Assassin Cultists: Negotiate with the remaining inquisitors, offering care and compassion if they join or cease opposing us.
200 Mad Cultists: Research creating Chosen.
Remainder of Mad Cultists: Research mystical methods of healing, such as rituals of mass healing and the like.
Me: Create Healing Blood with which to heal these sick and injured.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 19, 2015, 08:28:59 pm »

In that case:

Healthier Cultists: Bring sick and injured to the Cathedral.
Assassin Cultists: Negotiate with the remaining inquisitors, offering care and compassion if they join or cease opposing us.
200 Mad Cultists: Research creating Chosen.
Remainder of Mad Cultists: Research mystical methods of healing, such as rituals of mass healing and the like.
Me: Create Healing Blood with which to heal these sick and injured.
Haul the wounded: [2] They are terrified they'll catch a disease if they do that and refuse.
Negotiate with Inquisitors: [6] They aren't even actively doing anything but they know where you are now. Many of them leave anyway. (-25 inquisitors, inquisitors activated)
Research chosen: [1] You already know most of what's to be known about chosen: you imbue them with power and they become able to use that power, albeit to a much lesser extent than you. Your cultists try to find out more and several of them disappear into the night. (-50 mad cultists)
Research "alternative medicine": [4] They find a circle of healing ritual. It apparently relieves maladies of disease and minor injuries through the power of prayer or something. Even better, it's practically free, all it needs is humans able to hold hands in a circle, red wine, and candles. You're not entirely certain whether this ritual is real or one of your cultists is just trying to get you out on a date. (circle of healing ritual {req cultists, wine, and candles})
Bloodletting: [1] You draw too much blood and it spills everywhere. You're also having trouble getting the wound to close (lightly injured)

Inquisitors: poison the water in the cathedral
[4] They manage to sneak into the cathedral and poison the water used for ceremonies. Several of your cultists get poisoned and die before you get close enough for your healing aura to save them. (-25 mad cultists)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 19, 2015, 10:04:00 pm »

Survivors: Recrute, somewhere far away.(glad any small group of traitors is pretty much certain to have been vaporized.)
Me: Try recruiting The Thing Unseen with the ashes(it's not like my cultists are using them anymore... sniff, if only they listened and went far away to empty the water.), not in person of course, telepathically, over distance, lots of distance.
M.U.: Make sure this doesn't happen again, so make wards, shields and other safety and preventive measures so things like being chased out of your own university or thousands of people going up in smoke doesn't happen.
K.I.:Put whatever eldritch shields M.U. come up with into mass production if practical/possible, also can you give me a few?
giant robot: herd the inquisitors into T2U (The Thing Unseen) if it's working for me, otherwise just dismember them.

"Ok no more nice kitten, before now I was fairly kind, I made alliances, I made a military arms supplier, I always sometimes once gave my enemies a chance to surrender and work for me, I founded a university of somewhat harmless eldritch lore, I rarely sent smallish heavily armed armies against outnumbered unarmed groups... ok maybe more nice kitten, right after I finish dissolving these guys(you can't say they don't deserve it.)."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:46:28 am by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

InsaneRationalist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 20, 2015, 02:37:30 am »

Koshu:
-Inquisitors: 80 trained armed inquisitors, 75 armed inquisitors (guarding), 412 inquisitors, inquisitors activated
-Other: excellent PR, satellite launched, knows "cascade" ritual, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows ritual of rain of fire {consumes dragon blood and thermite}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}
((The hell? Did I end up in the lead?))

Turn Cumulus:
120 cultists: save Rabe. (From burns or The Thing Unseen as needed.)
200 cultists: assist with Rosabel's cultists' charity work.
300 cultists: improve PR.
300 cultists: retrieve Dragonblood.
400 cultists and Koshu: recruit.
85 heavily armed cultists: continue guarding. ((Do I actually need to specify this or will they just keep going anyway unless I tell them to do something else?))
Dwarf Fortress: where an exploding unicorn death factory is a goal unto itself.
If it has cute cuddly features, it's probably safe to eat, so do not reason with it either.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 20, 2015, 04:19:51 am »

Spoiler: Waitlist, I guess. (click to show/hide)
Could the next game of horrors include more active players? I think it'd add some additional flavor to the mix
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 20, 2015, 02:52:48 pm »

Survivors: Recrute, somewhere far away.(glad any small group of traitors is pretty much certain to have been vaporized.)
Me: Try recruiting The Thing Unseen with the ashes(it's not like my cultists are using them anymore... sniff, if only they listened and went far away to empty the water.), not in person of course, telepathically, over distance, lots of distance.
M.U.: Make sure this doesn't happen again, so make wards, shields and other safety and preventive measures so things like being chased out of your own university or thousands of people going up in smoke doesn't happen.
K.I.:Put whatever eldritch shields M.U. come up with into mass production if practical/possible, also can you give me a few?
giant robot: herd the inquisitors into T2U (The Thing Unseen) if it's working for me, otherwise just dismember them.

"Ok no more nice kitten, before now I was fairly kind, I made alliances, I made a military arms supplier, I always sometimes once gave my enemies a chance to surrender and work for me, I founded a university of somewhat harmless eldritch lore, I rarely sent smallish heavily armed armies against outnumbered unarmed groups... ok maybe more nice kitten, right after I finish dissolving these guys(you can't say they don't deserve it.)."
Recruit cultists: [5] They work double time to get more people for you. It's a good day and they manage to get many to your side. (+230 cultists)
Diplomacy: [irrelevant] You can't do shit without going over there. You have no power and nothing to bargain with. At least the Thing Unseen only seems interested in destroying MU... You wisely avoid getting its attention with this foolish course of action and causing yourself future problems.

MU: research protection rituals
[1] They produce wards of enhance poison. They make toxic substances work even faster and more thoroughly. As wards, they are basically free, just being symbols drawn on the floor, though you need a lot to get any noticeable change. That's what you wanted, right? (learned ward of enhance poison)
KI: Produce more wards
[4] They produce a bunch of wards of enhance poison and spread them all around your base. This is a great idea! (wards of enhance poison covering base)
GDR: [4] It attacks the helpless fools fighting your tyranny. They manage to get into their base, but the door gets blown clean off by missiles. (inquisitor base breached)

President: Drag down PR
[3] Your cultists are being called names on the street from how bad the world sees you. Luckily they aren't being physically assaulted. Yet. (PR now horrible)
A Thing Unseen: Destroy MU
[1] It accidentally clonks its head on the rafters of the university and injures itself (ATU now lightly wounded) ((you lucky bastard))
Inquisitors: repair the base
[2] They can't put the door back up, it's too heavy.
Koshu:
((The hell? Did I end up in the lead?))

Turn Cumulus:
120 cultists: save Rabe. (From burns or The Thing Unseen as needed.)
200 cultists: assist with Rosabel's cultists' charity work.
300 cultists: improve PR.
300 cultists: retrieve Dragonblood.
400 cultists and Koshu: recruit.
85 heavily armed cultists: continue guarding. ((Do I actually need to specify this or will they just keep going anyway unless I tell them to do something else?))
((You won't be in the lead for long if you let Rabe catch up. And don't write that they continue guarding, otherwise I might roll for it and end up killing all your guards.))
Heal Rabe: [2] What was the password to get into this base again? Was it "password"? It was probably "password".
Charity: [2] They don't feel like it. Nondescript charity organization is disappointed in their laziness.
PR: [6] They are so insistent of your goodness that everyone suspects you did something horrible. (PR now good)
Dragonblood: [2] They don't know what they're doing.
recruit: [2] Sounds boring, you watch your cultists build snow forts instead.
Guard: [4] They successfully don't stop guarding. (still guarding)

Inquisitors: steal ignite mortals ritual
[2] They decide they'd rather just have hot cocoa.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 121