Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212284 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #1200 on: October 23, 2015, 01:59:19 pm »

Spoiler: Fish Of Great Size (click to show/hide)
((Two can play at that game, Carp.))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:12:00 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 23, 2015, 02:49:04 pm »

((is it possible for me to become a ghost like rabe))
Sure, but you can't use any magix from the ghostland

Spoiler: Fish Of Great Size (click to show/hide)
((Two can play at that game, Carp.))
Waitlisted, don't worry, if you get too big we'll make a bigger universe :P

My favorite part is that you have 0 physique, so you're basically a giant balloon

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 23, 2015, 03:22:43 pm »

((I can't believe you people.))

((Also, horror. Something tells me game four will be very crowded.))

Spoiler: The Archon (click to show/hide)

If the abilities are too much, I'd be happy to change them. With five power, though, I figure overkill is much better than wasting points.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:24:40 pm by Whisperling »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 23, 2015, 05:50:49 pm »

Hmh.  0 Physique does not present concentrations of mass of a big fish into a small point.
Or Summon Bigger Fish working.  Splats of fish will happen.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 23, 2015, 11:00:16 pm »

((I can't believe you people.))

((Also, horror. Something tells me game four will be very crowded.))

Spoiler: The Archon (click to show/hide)

If the abilities are too much, I'd be happy to change them. With five power, though, I figure overkill is much better than wasting points.
Don't worry, those are fine, if they aren't psi-proof enough to resist then they'll just have to deal with you occasionally choosing their actions for them...

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 23, 2015, 11:26:30 pm »

K.I.:Make remote controlled engineering drones so we don't keep losing cultists to that greatest predator of all, stupidity.
33 armored armed cultists: Train.
Goshu: Recrute for me.
Rest: Stock up on medicine and get immunized, don't want Pestilence spreading.
Me: Chat with death about the various afterlives and psychopomps(Anthaju, Death, ect.)
Has descended into madness

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 24, 2015, 10:04:17 am »

i made some modifications bigger fish  :P
this is my game 4 horror now.
the problem is to be bigger than eachother our fish will have to be bigger than many universes so i took my problem into the 15th dimension the highest dimension that exists in our universe so even if you have say 2015 dimensions in you universe once we get summoned most of you will be chopped of however i will be fine.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:13:36 am by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 24, 2015, 11:27:42 am »

K.I.:Make remote controlled engineering drones so we don't keep losing cultists to that greatest predator of all, stupidity.
33 armored armed cultists: Train.
Goshu: Recrute for me.
Rest: Stock up on medicine and get immunized, don't want Pestilence spreading.
Me: Chat with death about the various afterlives and psychopomps(Anthaju, Death, ect.)
KI: [3] Due to a clerical error in the message, they bred bees whose drones build their own hives instead of making anything remotely useful. (builder bees created)
Train: [5] They become experts at using their weapons and armor to the best of its ability. Look out world, we got some badasses coming through! (33 armored armed cultists now well trained)
Order Goshu: [1] DAMMIT GOSHU! STOP ATTACKING KOSHU AND LISTEN! (frustration increased)
Medicine: [4] They collect medicine to treat injuries and the plague, but they aren't able to get immunized
A friendly chat: [5] You get death talking about the afterlife, keeping him occupied for another turn or two. "We just sort of send whoever the person believes is going to take them to the afterlife and their spirit gets taken to an afterlife. What that afterlife is actually varies from person to person, but if their will is strong enough their afterlife can become a new world with its own populations and its own things that go bump in the night, though only a relatively few worlds have the ability to travel to others, such as this Earth." (Death distracted for [2] more turns)

Koshu: regen
[6] Koshu successfully regenerates the meager damage done by the chalk monster, but overheals, piling extra obsidian onto its body weighing it down. (now uninjured, burdened)
Goshu: attack Koshu
[3] It rubs against Koshu again, scraping more of each of them off, though somehow not knocking the extra obsidian off Koshu (Koshu lightly injured, Goshu moderately injured)
i made some modifications bigger fish  :P
this is my game 4 horror now.
the problem is to be bigger than eachother our fish will have to be bigger than many universes so i took my problem into the 15th dimension the highest dimension that exists in our universe so even if you have say 2015 dimensions in you universe once we get summoned most of you will be chopped of however i will be fine.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was just gonna leave "bigger fish" as an abililty that you have to use, so if you want to have your "who's bigger" contest you would have to keep pushing it yourself. Also, I'm not updating your waitlist entry for a specification in a single ability about being able to get bigger than a dimension >:(

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 24, 2015, 11:43:22 am »

((If it wasn't clear from the wording, Always Bigger is a passive on my ?horror?

Also: Dear carp.  The setting limits are up to the GM.))
Sigtext

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 24, 2015, 12:01:32 pm »

((If it wasn't clear from the wording, Always Bigger is a passive on my ?horror?))
Not unless you want 1 of your 5 actions every turn to be getting bigger, because that's how passives would work :P

btw, I've decided to allow 5 actions next game instead of 4, should be enough for 1 action for your horror, plus 4 for your cultists (or if you have a passive, 2 for your horror and 3 for your cultists)

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 24, 2015, 02:53:44 pm »

a passive usually means it happens every turn without taking up an action so it just happens. my getting bigger is also like that. but mine uses fifteen dimensions to get bigger. and being in fiteen dimesions doesnt't effect this dimension.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:06:20 pm by carp »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 24, 2015, 02:57:17 pm »

a passive means it happens every turn without taking up an action so it just happens. my getting bigger is also like that. but mine uses fifteen dimensions to get bigger. and being in fiteen dimesions doesnt't effect this dimension.
... Did you see what the GM said?
Sigtext

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 24, 2015, 03:36:34 pm »

a passive means it happens every turn without taking up an action so it just happens. my getting bigger is also like that. but mine uses fifteen dimensions to get bigger. and being in fiteen dimesions doesnt't effect this dimension.
Are you GMing this now? Passives take actions just like others, it's just that you as a horror can take more actions personally if some of them are passive abilities. Daragon, the golden vine thing has at least two passive effects, I certainly wouldn't give him two extra actions each turn (once he's summoned) because of it.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 24, 2015, 04:06:03 pm »

so my computer crashed mid edit i forgot to add the "usually" just check what i said again

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 24, 2015, 04:28:45 pm »

so my computer crashed mid edit i forgot to add the "usually" just check what i said again
If you're going to challenge the rules, you ought to stick with it, not just waffle as soon as I decline. Not to stomp on you for trying to change something you don't like, but it's annoying that you keep demanding changes then backtracking when I say no.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 121