Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212365 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #1260 on: November 12, 2015, 05:01:39 pm »

Koshu wins... I guess. By default.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 12, 2015, 09:45:05 pm »

Unescargot: ask Death to free Puff Puff from his banishment.
Puff Puff: If you are freed, serve Death's agenda by blasting Koshu with your powders of crazy.

((This game. It's incredible. For instance... at the bottom of the status, where it says "Other", it includes such gems for instance "Lunar Orb of Stalwart has a carp in it", "Everyone is on psi-net", and "has rained in California". O so funny.))
Bargain: [1] Death refuses and you call him a lazy sack of bones. He decides it's time to stop being lazy. (-2 distraction tokens)
Powder puff: [irrelevant] He's still banished.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 12, 2015, 10:54:22 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 16, 2015, 05:39:16 pm »

Phew, got that paper done so now my time is freed up again

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 17, 2015, 07:47:27 pm »

Just wanna roll for what he does with his rule?

Me: Attempt to become Koshu's spirit animal.
Rest: attempt to blow death up with nukes.

My horror:
Name: An Ideal Meme, AIM, Fred
Abilities:
-Memetic spread: Anybody who (listens to/reads/sees/feels out in braille/etc.) a certain series of concepts will become infected by the Meme
Appearance: Has no physical form.
Homeworld: Earth

Dunno how to assign my points, for example would unwilling mental takeover count as Appeal, Power or Presence?
-Presence:
-Mindlock:
-Power:
-Physique:
-Appeal:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:15:07 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 17, 2015, 10:03:24 pm »

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 18, 2015, 09:39:25 am »

nice someones horror is in scp format  :D and somebody finally tried their luck with a negative point and adding an other one curious to see how this works out.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:41:29 am by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 18, 2015, 11:54:57 am »

Just wanna roll for what he does with his rule?

Me: Attempt to become Koshu's spirit animal.
Rest: attempt to blow death up with nukes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dank memes need stats badly :P
It depends on whether it's a passive thing (presence) or an active move you make (power), and appeal is just for PR and recruiting... In this case, presence seems like the most likely thing, but it's up to you...

With no physical form you'll be forced to inhabit computers or something and will have to be fought via hackers and antivirus software :P
Spirit animal: [5] Despite being a floating rock with no need for a spirit animal, Koshu accepts your offer. You can now give advice directly without a roll to decide whether it listens or not. (Social link: GO!)
NUKES: [2] They've watched Doctor Strangelove enough to know that when it comes to nukes, the only winning move is not to play.

Koshu: Claim the astronauts as your new cult, let's get this space race moving again!
[6] He successfully claims them, but accidentally offends the local moon monsters. Their somewhat cheese-like wrath knows no end! (Stole 15 astronaut cultists from Rabe, +10 moon monster inquisitors)

I normally wouldn't recommend a -1 physique, but given the fact that this guy seems hilarious and not particularly overpowered with the extra point, I'll let it slide... Just be aware that you'll probably get one-shot by literally everything in existence...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 18, 2015, 12:43:47 pm »

that is the whole point of it. he is supposed to be absurdly weak. a person punching him in the face could kill them, if they could muster the will to overwhelm his presence.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 18, 2015, 12:44:45 pm »

Could I join?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 18, 2015, 01:39:10 pm »

you need to re-do your quote of my horror on page one. the spoiler tag held the name, and when you removed that, it was lost.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 18, 2015, 02:17:20 pm »

you need to re-do your quote of my horror on page one. the spoiler tag held the name, and when you removed that, it was lost.
I can't put a spoiler within a spoiler, so the name has to be posted separately. Just added it, but I'm probably just gonna call your guy "Speedy speedo" instead...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 18, 2015, 02:57:37 pm »

I can't put a spoiler within a spoiler, so the name has to be posted separately. Just added it, but I'm probably just gonna call your guy "Speedy speedo" instead...
you can put a spoiler within a quote though. and actually, I think you CAN put spoilers within spoilers. let me see if I can find a example.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 18, 2015, 03:47:38 pm »

you can put a spoiler within a quote though. and actually, I think you CAN put spoilers within spoilers. let me see if I can find a example.
Putting the quotes outside the spoilers would take up too much space and if you put a spoiler tag within a spoiler then the first spoiler ends and the second one gets cut off. Like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is after the second spoiler[/spoiler] This is after the first spoiler

It's better the way I've done it, I'm quite sure of that. I've already copied your name into the waitlist, so no need to freak out about it.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 121