Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212205 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #1320 on: December 02, 2015, 11:04:27 pm »

Vol-Kriit: whisper into the minds of mortals, telling them of my suffering
[1] You are about to tell them that, but then you scream in their ears as you accidentally jam a thorn under your fingernail. Stupid thornbushes. Stupid banishment. Stupid mortals who now want to kill you. (+25 inquisitors)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 02, 2015, 11:22:22 pm »

B.O.F. Gather some followers
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 02, 2015, 11:36:25 pm »

B.O.F. Gather some followers
[1] Shockingly, they choose not to trust the sentient flame/voice in their head that is telling them to collect poison and perform strange rituals. Clearly they hate the environment and must be purged, cleansing the land of such terribly unreasonable people. Glory to a purer, cleaner world! (+25 inquisitors)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 03, 2015, 02:27:54 am »

Start whispering into the minds of random people, generally in a small area near Washington DC.
And maybe on the side, try to get other cultists to other horrors intrested in helping me as well as a secondary goal.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:35:54 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 03, 2015, 09:04:01 am »

Hondrasaan: Figure out where my cultists live, find them a secret meeting place within 20 miles of each of their dwellings.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: December 03, 2015, 11:55:40 am »

I Whisper into the minds of Goth Teens, and Order my Cult to start looking for Large, Dark, Death-filled, underground Areas to set up Shop in.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 03, 2015, 12:45:07 pm »

I Whisper into the minds of Goth Teens, and Order my Cult to start looking for Large, Dark, Death-filled, underground Areas to set up Shop in.
Slow down there, Eager McBeaver, we need to let the rest of the players take their actions for the turn... Given how many players there are I may move the turn forward every three days even if not everyone has gone, but some people might have schedules that prevent them from posting actions every few hours...

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 03, 2015, 12:50:07 pm »

Kszipasowiernik:
I recruit cultists and assign one of them the role of the High Priest. I shall send him a vision of the future.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: December 03, 2015, 01:08:36 pm »

Kszipasowiernik:
I recruit cultists and assign one of them the role of the High Priest. I shall send him a vision of the future.
[3] You manage to recruit a few people, but there's no time to send a vision this turn and none of these guys seem worthy of being high priest to your glorious jelly-godness. Maybe you should designate one anyway, but right now there's few enough that you can just micromanage them yourself without delegating authority. (+50 cultists)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 03, 2015, 01:34:30 pm »

Start whispering into the minds of random people, generally in a small area near Washington DC.
And maybe on the side, try to get other cultists to other horrors intrested in helping me as well, as a secondary goal.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:36:24 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: December 03, 2015, 10:31:18 pm »

Sorry for not doing anything for a week, I have been very tired. can I join late?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fred after reading his own Meme: Walk though the bustling city chanting as he goes.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:37:47 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 03, 2015, 10:51:00 pm »

Sorry for not doing anything for a week, I have been very tired. can I join late?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Walk though the bustling city chanting as he goes.
Technically not late since the first turn hasn't ended yet. The physique thing will be mostly flavor with no real gameplay effect, you can still be killed like any other horror. Otherwise you would start the game dead. Also, your points should go into presence instead of power if you spread passively, otherwise you would have to put effort into spreading like a virus which would go against your concept.

Also, you can't cut the knot by starting on Earth.

Read Paper: [6] Fred reads the paper with his amazing, unthinkably-unforgettable, impossibly-infectious meme so hard that his brain gets sore. He passes out for the next turn. (+1 cultist, cultist unusable for [1] turn)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 03, 2015, 11:09:46 pm »

I think you misunderstood everything I said, could you make some suggestions so it fits in with the game? also I thought I made my concept fit in quite nicely with the rules and having as much influence as a non summoned horror without changing my origin.

On the other hand I could be misunderstanding you.
Has descended into madness

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: December 04, 2015, 12:39:45 am »

I think you misunderstood everything I said, could you make some suggestions so it fits in with the game? also I thought I made my concept fit in quite nicely with the rules and having as much influence as a non summoned horror without changing my origin.

On the other hand I could be misunderstanding you.
The first problem is that you have no physical form, not even a sheet of paper. I've changed this on your "official" character sheet because it would be impossible for you to survive the first turn without it. Fred wouldn't be able to read your nothing and then you would die due to lack of followers. I'd rather not ruin the game for you like that, and I'll redo your first action to something productive if you make the change.

The second problem is starting  on Earth, which cuts out the early game for you. Not doing the summoning ritual has almost no repercussions for you, as even with you self-inflicted restrictions there is little benefit to performing it outside of having the flavor say "now these guys look like people instead of zombies". As a result, you could go straight to smashing the Orbs of Stalwart with impunity since you have no stake in keeping them around, then constantly mauling the other cults while they try to research new ways to summon until they have enough inquisitors to purge them. I don't think you specifically would do that, but I'd rather not set a bad precedent, and there's not really any way to balance that advantage.

Your horror could work, if you want to make Fred the poet your actual horror and make the flavor that he's a lazy guy who got/discovered a way to use powers that he can unlock through the summoning ritual. Or if you insist on the meme thing, have the paper to start out and then have it disappear after you successfully get cultists, but you should probably still transfer your points from power to presence since your meme essentially spreads via proximity. In that case, you would also have to make part of your goal to perform the summoning, and have some hefty restrictions until you do, because right now there's no tangible reason for you to perform it.

Are the rules as they are too stringent for you? This isn't the first time you've pushed the boundaries on what a horror can be, nor is it the first time I've pushed back, but I'd rather figure out a solution than have another issue with character creation...

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 04, 2015, 12:58:32 am »

Game 3 Running
We're at the fourth, correct?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't