Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217195 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 4 running
« Reply #1380 on: December 07, 2015, 01:33:50 pm »

I whisper at the minds of Lunatics, attempting to Convert them to my Cause.
I Send 1/2 my Cult Poking around for an Orb of Stalwart...
...and the other half looking for dragons blood.
Recruit: [5] You draw a large group of madmen to your cause. They await orders to murder things with bated breath. (+100 psycho cultists)
Orb: [3] You manage to find a Stagnant orb. It won't summon you, but if you use it for the ritual it could summon a fish-based parody of you... (found stagnant orb, discovered Salmoning ritual)
DB: [3] They find some dragon lilies growing outside the mausoleum, but they are so scattered it will take another turn to harvest enough for the ritual. (partially gathered dragon blood)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: December 07, 2015, 01:37:42 pm »

You forgot me. I am cry.

Recruit smart people.

Goons recruit more goons.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: December 07, 2015, 01:44:36 pm »

Speedo Man: Since the inquisitors now know about me and thus are able to be tracked via their thoughts about killing me/my cultists, Lets convince them that there's more to it than just a guy in a speedo and that they should be my allies, not my enemy.
Cultist Leader No.1: Practice oratory for inspiring the other cultists and convincing the inquisitors to help/not murder them.
Cultist Leader No.2: promptly scoop up half the cultists and go cult hunting, Figuratively speaking. Perhaps if we could convince them that our cult could help theirs...
Cultist Leader No.3: Go hunting for dragonsblood with the other half the cultists. with such a large number of them doing the job, this shouldn't be impossible.
Cultist Leader No.4: Start looking for combat gear and training, since if things go bad and talking does not work, it'll come to blows.
Cultist Leader No.5: Continue spreading the knowledge of my existence via the internets.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:50:31 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: December 07, 2015, 02:14:36 pm »

You forgot me. I am cry.

Recruit smart people.

Goons recruit more goons.
recruiting is one action, and you got it last turn...
[6] You and your cultists work double time to get more bodies to throw at problems, but your lack of discernment ends up dragging people with no interest n your cause into the loop. (+50 "smart" cultists, +50 cultists, +75 inquisitors)

Speedo Man: Since the inquisitors now know about me and thus are able to be tracked via their thoughts about killing me/my cultists, Lets convince them that there's more to it than just a guy in a speedo, and that they should be my allies, not my enemy.
Cultist Leader No.1: Practice oratory for inspiring the other cultists and convincing the inquisitors to help/not murder them.
Cultist Leader No.2: promptly scoop up half the cultists and go cult hunting, Figuratively speaking. Perhaps if we could convince them that our cult could help theirs...
Cultist Leader No.3: Go hunting for dragonsblood with the other half the cultists. with such a large number of them doing the job, this shouldn't be impossible.
Cultist Leader No.4: Start looking for combat gear and training, since if things go bad and talking does not work, it'll come to blows.
Cultist Leader No.5: Continue spreading the knowledge of my existence via the internets.

5 Actions per turn, so I'll just do the first 5
Steal inquisitors: [5] You manage to convince them that you're not such a bad guy. And lucky thing you did, if you'd revealed yourself like that and NOT gotten all of them then you would've just uncovered your cult to whoever was left. (75 inquisitors converted to cultists)
Practice speech: [2] He gets nervous standing in front of a mirror and just sits in the bathroom for a few hours.
Recruit: [5] They find a group of fanatical devotees without a god and convince them that teleporting speedo gods are all the rage. (+70 cultists)
Dragonblood: [3-4 > 4] They find a local distillery that's trying to sell Dragonblood as a fancy ink. They buy a box of it. (acquired dragonblood)
Get gear: [2] They check all the local pawn shops and can't find anything that would be useful in a combat scenario.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: December 07, 2015, 02:23:51 pm »

(well, the cult hunt was meant to find OTHER cults. not recruit to my own. meh, whatever. cult leader number 5 is going to take all the credit for it.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: December 07, 2015, 02:48:31 pm »

(well, the cult hunt was meant to find OTHER cults. not recruit to my own. meh, whatever. cult leader number 5 is going to take all the credit for it.)
I hope that becomes a running gag of #5 doing nothing and getting all the credit for their cohorts...

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: December 07, 2015, 03:19:40 pm »

Vol-Kriit:try again, third time's the charm
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: December 07, 2015, 03:24:29 pm »

Vol-Kriit:try again, third time's the charm
Moar recrooting: [1] Son of a bitch! You're starting to think you should focus on finding a clearing from these thorny vines before you try recruiting again. (+25 inquisitors) ((What are the odds of three ones in a row?))

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: December 07, 2015, 04:16:43 pm »

Designate the most charismatic person as the klan kultist and make him the spiritual leader of the community. I shall grant him visions of the future. I shall also capture people with magical or psychic capabilities and sacrifice them so I gain strength.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: December 07, 2015, 04:32:49 pm »

Archon: Actually create some beastfolk.
Beasts: Recruit some of the nearby animals. Preferably the large-ish ones, but nobody's discriminating against chipmunks.

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: December 07, 2015, 04:38:05 pm »

ME: recruit
50 cultists : gain wood
other 50 : make a board walk to the orb production line style (build as they get the wood)
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: December 07, 2015, 05:22:18 pm »

Convince non-president cultists to move to Washington, DC. Locate suitably secret cult meeting place.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: December 07, 2015, 06:29:14 pm »

Quarken: recruit Daragon's cultists to join your own cult!
100 scholar cultists: do research to find the location of the Orbs of Stalwart(and any other Orbs you feel like researching...).
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: December 07, 2015, 07:13:19 pm »

Designate the most charismatic person as the klan kultist and make him the spiritual leader of the community. I shall grant him visions of the future. I shall also capture people with magical or psychic capabilities and sacrifice them so I gain strength.
Sorry, I didn't see that in your ability list when I copied it, you can't actually gain stats after character creation, even from sacrificing cultists. You would need to drain one of your other stats to ensure you remain at 5 total stat points. Should've said that earlier, but better I say it now than bring it up after you try to sacrifice them.

Designate: [5] Your selection process is impeccable, you pick someone with such strong faith and give him visions that allow him to inspire the rest of your cult. Nothing of particular use, but it's convincing to the more doubtful among your peons that you are real. Your other cultists suggest that naming the group "Kszipasowiernik's Klan Kult" would be a bad idea, but you insist. (Cult master designated, Morale high)
Capture: [irrelevant] You can't do that because you're busy designating your head cultist. If only you'd planned better and told your cultists to do it instead.

You already had actions this turn, so you get nothing

Archon: Actually create some beastfolk.
Beasts: Recruit some of the nearby animals. Preferably the large-ish ones, but nobody's discriminating against chipmunks.

Beastfolk: [5] You manage to summon a bunch of minotaurs, centaurs, and satyrs to serve you. They are too dumb to understand the rituals of the old gods beyond the most basic summoning ritual, but they are stronger fighters than equally equipped, equally skilled humans. (+25 minotaurs, +25 centaurs, +50 satyrs)
Recruit: [1] These guys are loyal because they're summoned, they quickly discover that the larger animals of the wild take advantage of docile creatures with no second thoughts. Perhaps next time you should use your mind control powers when you want to recruit wild animals, nature's a rough place for diplomacy after all. (-50 beasts)

ME: recruit
50 cultists : gain wood
other 50 : make a board walk to the orb production line style (build as they get the wood)

Recruit: [1] You try to get people to join you. Turns out a glorified tick isn't the boss most people want to work for. (+25 inquisitors)
Wood: [5] They harvest several trees in record time and send it back to the gathering field asap. Surely this will be useful, as long as those workers didn't get lazy. (gained wood, 50 cultists become lumberjacks)
Board walk: [2] They decide to nap until enough wood is collected to start the boardwalk, and oversleep.

Convince non-president cultists to move to Washington, DC. Locate suitably secret cult meeting place.
[2] The message gets lost in the mail so nobody comes. Stupid psionic postage, you could've sworn you put enough stamps.

Quarken: recruit Daragon's cultists to join your own cult!
100 scholar cultists: do research to find the location of the Orbs of Stalwart(and any other Orbs you feel like researching...).

Steal cultists: [5] You mend the broken minds of those poor souls and tell them of the horrible nature of the creature they were serving. They agree to help you instead. (50 cultists stolen from Daragon) ((apparently stealing cultists and inquisitors is a really successful venture this game))
Research? [4] They find rumors of the location of an orb of stalwart near the city. They have no idea is it's still there, but at least they didn't have to risk their lives hiking through the brush to find it. (found rumors of Orb of Stalwart 3)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 07, 2015, 07:33:41 pm »

Recruit.
Housewife cultists: Find dragon blood.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 121