Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217222 times)

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 4 running
« Reply #1410 on: December 08, 2015, 01:34:54 pm »

OH sorry sorry i'll fix just testing there is now a majestic quote pyramid of 1 i was going to make one with all 40000 characters then i realised that just might crash peoples computers. good thing you were on.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:41:10 pm by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 08, 2015, 01:50:24 pm »

Cultist leader 1: Take half the cultists again, and go recruiting via various means. lets spread our silly ideals like wildfire!
Cultist leader 2: Continue attempting to practice oratory with speedo man's (mental) presence and maybe leader 5.
Cultist leader 3: Take the other half the cultists and go searching for a orb of stalwart. if it becomes dangerous, Protect the lives of the cultists over retrieving the orb.
Cultist leader 4: Continue searching for some weapons, armor and training. Don't worry about bringing them back, just find somewhere to get them.
Cultist leader 5: Procrastinate on the internet. Attempt to make Cultist leader 2 feel better if he fails at oration with some motivational pictures of kittens.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 08, 2015, 02:00:01 pm »

hmm okayME: attempt to get salmoning ritual from whoever has it
cultists : build the boardwalk maybe make some nice thatch huts (are lumber jack cultists good at wood working too )

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 08, 2015, 02:27:13 pm »

Repeat last turn action.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 08, 2015, 02:32:50 pm »

Cultist leader 1: Take half the cultists again, and go recruiting via various means. lets spread our silly ideals like wildfire!
Cultist leader 2: Continue attempting to practice oratory with speedo man's (mental) presence and maybe leader 5.
Cultist leader 3: Take the other half the cultists and go searching for a orb of stalwart. if it becomes dangerous, Protect the lives of the cultists over retrieving the orb.
Cultist leader 4: Continue searching for some weapons, armor and training. Don't worry about bringing them back, just find somewhere to get them.
Cultist leader 5: Procrastinate on the internet. Attempt to make Cultist leader 2 feel better if he fails at oration with some motivational pictures of kittens.

Recruit: [4] They spread the word about the power of Speedos and how they are the most powerful omnitools in existence. (+107 cultists)
Practice: [3-6 > 4] He gives a small presentation to himself in the mirror. He feels more confident at speaking in the future, which will help maintain morale in the future. Your presence has no effect due to your lack of being on Earth, and good thing too since being creeped out would've made it much harder to give a good speech. (Can restore morale as a passive ability)
Orb: [5] They find the last orb and haul it back to the stockpile, dropping it next to the cartridges of dragonblood. (obtained Orb of Stalwart 5)
Fighty stuff: [2] She can't seem to find any weapon shops, blacksmiths, sporting good stores or martial arts dojos in the area. Oh well, They'll just have to make their own weapons and invent their own creepy fighting style, and why would anyone want armor that isn't a speedo?
Slack off: [no roll] He spends the whole turn surfing the interwebs and generally being a useless bastard glorious champion of the team.

hmm okayME: attempt to get salmoning ritual from whoever has it
cultists : build the boardwalk maybe make some nice thatch huts (are lumber jack cultists good at wood working too )

Salmoning: [4] You ask Zomboss to send you the salmoning ritual and he does. It doesn't really matter that much since it's literally the summoning ritual with a different orb that you don't have. (learned Salmoning ritual)
Build boardwalk: [4] They finally get around to building that damned boardwalk. The lumberjacks grumble about the carpentry work just as much as every other cultist, seems they prefer chopping trees over woodworking. As long as you don't stumble during the summoning ritual, you *should* be able to survive it now. (boardwalk built)

Repeat last turn action.
Convince non-president cultists to move to Washington, DC. Locate suitably secret cult meeting place.
[4] They move out to DC and prepare to do dastardly cult things over there. Naturally as a cult they pick out a hidden location to make their meeting place, wouldn't want some inquisitors or police busting down the door due to lack of subtlety. (Moved to Washington DC)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 08, 2015, 02:37:17 pm »

((wait. so I can whisper into people's minds, but I can't listen to them speak? wut?))
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 08, 2015, 02:51:23 pm »

((wait. so I can whisper into people's minds, but I can't listen to them speak? wut?))
((Your presence has no effect because you're not present))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 08, 2015, 03:28:27 pm »

Vol-Kriit:apologize to the inquisitors,tell them that I wasn't trying to scream at them,try to get them to help me
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 08, 2015, 03:42:35 pm »

Vol-Kriit:apologize to the inquisitors,tell them that I wasn't trying to scream at them,try to get them to help me
[6] You make your case and convince some of them to help you, but the others are still super salty about it. (35 inquisitors converted, inquisitors activated)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 08, 2015, 04:19:52 pm »

Archon: forcibly recruit animals via mind control.
5 centaurs: train as scouts.
20 beasts: poke around for random orbs, which is to say anything but an orb of stalwart.
5 beasts: get dragon blood.
5 satyrs: recruit.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 08, 2015, 04:47:24 pm »

Everyone: Recruit enviornmentalists.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 08, 2015, 04:48:23 pm »

Grave keepers: Look for books on summoning magic

I: Attempt to choose leaders out of my cult

Psychos: look for magic summoning orbs of all types
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 08, 2015, 05:15:52 pm »

Recruit journalists, to write articles about ME.
All cultists: Find dragon blood.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 08, 2015, 05:34:31 pm »

Archon: forcibly recruit animals via mind control.
5 centaurs: train as scouts.
20 beasts: poke around for random orbs, which is to say anything but an orb of stalwart.
5 beasts: get dragon blood.
5 satyrs: recruit.

Recruit animals: [3] You use your psionic power to press the local beasts to do your bidding. It appears the local lion, tiger, and bear (oh my) population is fairly healthy. (+100 large beasts)
Train: [4] They learn how to sneak around despite their hooves and how to escape areas quickly. This should help, or it may have been a waste of time, but it's not like the horsemen have anything better to do. (5 centaurs become scouts)
Orbs: [2] They find no orbs of anything. You would think animals with intelligence equitable with dogs would have less trouble finding ball-shaped objects.
Dragunblud: [5] They find dragonblood and lap up a bunch of it, managing to carry it back in their mouths before keeling over. Maybe you should've sent someone with opposable thumbs to do this instead... (gained dragonblood, -5 beasts)
Recruit cultists: [5] They bleat at humans until they follow them and decide to help. Somehow, they successfully get several people to join. (+10 cultists)

Everyone: Recruit enviornmentalists.
[1] They seem very skeptical of a fire that claims it can clean the air. Damn skeptics, they should all take your word at face value! (+275 eco inquisitors)

Grave keepers: Look for books on summoning magic

I: Attempt to choose leaders out of my cult

Psychos: look for magic summoning orbs of all types

Books: [2] Perhaps a library would be a better place to find books than a graveyard... And to think, they stopped gathering dragon blood for this...
Leaders: [6] You pick some downright fanatical members of the cult to be leaders. Maybe you made a mistake picking them from the maniacs instead of the gravekeepers. (5 psychos become overzealous leaders [50% chance of turning 5s into 6s])
Orbs: [3] They weren't listening very hard when you gave them orders since it didn't have to do with killing things, so they got you and Orb of Summering instead. It makes the sun shine. How useful. (gained orb of summering (light))

Recruit journalists, to write articles about ME.
All cultists: Find dragon blood.

recriot: [5] You order a bunch of journalists to work for you. They agree, since they're unemployed anyway, and get some friends to join as well. (+100 journalist cultists)
Derganblerd: [3] They find the blood, but they don't gather enough for any real use. They need another turn of gathering to get it done. (partially gathered dragon blood)

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 08, 2015, 05:50:10 pm »

Salmoning: [4] You ask Zomboss to send you the salmoning ritual and he does. It doesn't really matter that much since it's literally the summoning ritual with a different orb that you don't have. (learned Salmoning ritual)

oops musta misread

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 121