Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 212238 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 4 running
« Reply #1755 on: April 25, 2016, 06:29:27 pm »

1000 cultists: get chalk
1000 cultists: get sand
Everyone else: improve PR

Chalk: [5] They grab some fine chalk, and discover a new ritual written on the back of the box! It doesn't seem that useful, but maybe if you need a lot of cheese... (acquired chalk, discovered ritual of summon cheese [req chalk])
Sand: [1] Oh dear, that's a lot of crabs... (25 cultists eaten by crabs)
PR: [5] You and your followers put on an amusing puppet show with some puppets that are definitely not actual people. (PR double up)

(now you know how I feel. I would rejoin, but I was eliminated for inactivity. if you want, you can seize my old faction and give it to banana. after all he was a close friend of speedo, who got lazy and fell asleep.)
((I'd offer to let you rejoin the game, but at this point it would probably be faster to just let this game end and sign up for the next))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 25, 2016, 07:26:31 pm »

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:28:58 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 25, 2016, 09:45:29 pm »

Here my horror for next game:
Spoiler: the flockmind (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 12:03:57 am by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: April 25, 2016, 11:22:21 pm »

Justice League: the new frontier? Maybe mixed with a bit of AM for the appearance...

You may have some trouble with -2 appeal since that means you're basically turning people into your inquisitors instead of cultists... And any cultists you somehow obtain will be turned into drooling monsters before getting anything done, including performing the summoning ritual...

Here my horror for next game:
Spoiler: the flockmind (click to show/hide)
Not sure if invincibility should be possible with 2 power, but maybe you can be a bit sturdier... Eh, I'll accept them both for now.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 26, 2016, 12:02:01 am »

(edited horror,I had new ideas for some things)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: April 26, 2016, 08:39:27 am »

Justice League: the new frontier? Maybe mixed with a bit of AM for the appearance...

You may have some trouble with -2 appeal since that means you're basically turning people into your inquisitors instead of cultists... And any cultists you somehow obtain will be turned into drooling monsters before getting anything done, including performing the summoning ritual...

One, both of those are incorrect. Sorry, try again. I even left a quote in there to help you guess.

Two, hence the presence/power reduction early on while unsummoned. It allows them to stay human a bit longer, and at the same time, press the inquisitors to open the portal/find trinkets as well if only to prevent themselves from turning. Also keep in mind that most of his "Cultists" will either be men driven insane by the realization, or inquisitors turned afflicted while navigating it's lair.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 26, 2016, 03:10:27 pm »

One, both of those are incorrect. Sorry, try again. I even left a quote in there to help you guess.

Two, hence the presence/power reduction early on while unsummoned. It allows them to stay human a bit longer, and at the same time, press the inquisitors to open the portal/find trinkets as well if only to prevent themselves from turning. Also keep in mind that most of his "Cultists" will either be men driven insane by the realization, or inquisitors turned afflicted while navigating it's lair.
If it's neither of those then I probably don't know it, they're the only ones I can think of.

Also, you can't really make your inquisitors do anything, they'd rather fight to the death or turn into monsters than help you, which is why it's harder to drag them into your service than normal people... Just knock off the two power points and we'll say the presence is your power since it only works on things in your chamber room...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 26, 2016, 04:02:03 pm »

(.... Are you telling me you have never heard of Darkest Dungeon before this point?.... I am ashamed of you aslandus, Absolutely ashamed.)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 26, 2016, 04:12:35 pm »

(.... Are you telling me you have never heard of Darkest Dungeon before this point?.... I am ashamed of you aslandus, Absolutely ashamed.)
((Heard of it, but all I've seen is the intro cinematic and that's not there))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 26, 2016, 04:43:30 pm »

(allow me to direct you to it then. Be warned, Spoilers ahead. Read the section titled "Hell is in the heart".)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:45:21 pm by Dustan Hache »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 30, 2016, 11:13:33 pm »

Archon: Mind-control the inquisitors.
Necromancers: Resurrect random people/animals.
10 cultists, leader and disaster manager 1: Perform a song-and-dance routine to amuse everyone.
20 cultists, 50 beasts, 10 satyrs, and 1 centaur scout, led by leader and disaster manager 2: Loot stuff from everyone who went to sleep.
"Lumberjack": Go chop some trees.

EDIT: By the way, I'd be perfectly fine if you declared this game a tie and moved onto the next. It seems a little unfair to the next people to hold things up like this, and my general untimeliness hasn't exactly helped.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:21:56 pm by Whisperling »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 01, 2016, 10:28:47 am »

Archon: Mind-control the inquisitors.
Necromancers: Resurrect random people/animals.
10 cultists, leader and disaster manager 1: Perform a song-and-dance routine to amuse everyone.
20 cultists, 50 beasts, 10 satyrs, and 1 centaur scout, led by leader and disaster manager 2: Loot stuff from everyone who went to sleep.
"Lumberjack": Go chop some trees.

EDIT: By the way, I'd be perfectly fine if you declared this game a tie and moved onto the next. It seems a little unfair to the next people to hold things up like this, and my general untimeliness hasn't exactly helped.
((Ironically, the game would've ended in about 3 hours if you'd left the actions unposted... well, assuming I actually updated on time this week. I'm not sure if there could be a draw since you haven't been summoned yet, but I'd need DAPARROT's consent to call it.))

Mind control: [5] Due to the small brains of the beasties, they offer no resistance to your influence. (100 beast inquisitors converted)
Resurrect: [5] They work quickly to prepare and raise extra undead. There's still not much they can do between two people. (+8 zombeasts)
Amuse: [4] They do a silly dance and everyone cheers up. (Boredom warded off for [2] turns)
Loot: [4] They drag every unique item the can find in the ruins of other people's bases back. Not much of it left. (acquired Stagnant orb, concrete, rebar)
Chop trees: [2] But Lumberjacks don't chop trees, they hang around in bars while wearing women's clothing!

Inquisitors: be rebellious
[irrelevant] They are too complacent to resist.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 01, 2016, 12:17:45 pm »

Banana Hammock: Purge Mist boy already
[3] The followers of banana hammock prepare the common purging ritual, but realize they don't know Archon's language. They'll need to find someone connected to him to finish it. (Archon purge started [req traitor or inquisitor])

Unlight: Recruit
[5] The lantern's glow draws many in. (+100 cultists)

Hondraason disappears into the night.
End of turn 24.
Volker-hands (uninjured):
cult: 2720 cultists, 845 marksmen, 150 bored cultists, 100 marksmen (guarding, infiltration possible)
items: dragon blood, glass, firearms, quicksilver, silver, fake Orb of Stalwart, broken glass, petroleum, meat, chalk
Rituals: Create Fake orb of Stalwart [req glass, silver; use causes weakness], Rain of Fire [consumes gasoline], Ritual of STRENGTH [consumes protein], ritual of invisibility [req quicksilver and sand], Orb creation ritual [consumes crystal orb and horror corpse], Ritual of super banishment [req chalk], Ritual of summon cheese [req chalk]
Base (sturdy fortress): pitual/wishing pit
Diplomacy: very good PR
inquisitors: 50 cattle, 995 inquisitors
-Val'Krete (uninjured):

Arcing Mist-elf:
cult (Bored [2]): 110 cultists, 1 giant "lumberjack", 2 necromancers, 8 zombeasts, 2 espers, 6 talking cats, 590 beasts, 100 large beasts, 20 satyrs, 15 minotaurs, 20 centaurs, 5 centaur scouts, 5 battle commanders (50% chance to reroll negative outcomes in combat they initiate), 2 leaders (50% chance of turning 3 into 4), 2 disaster averters (50% chance of turning 1 into 2)
Items: 2x dragonblood, Necronomicon, Improvised melee weapons, more improvised melee weapons, 25 Daragon fruit, aspirin, obviously poisoned spearmints, firearms with explosive ammo, cotton, moonshine, rough armor, Orb of Stalwart 2, discovered Orb of Storms, stagnant orb, rebar, concrete
Rituals: Summon mini-horror [req dragon blood], create Summoning Shell [req Zinc, wood; single use], Imbue knowledge [consumes Daragon's fruit],  Stalwart burning summon [consumes Orb of Stalwart, gives summoned crippling weakness], brew power potion [consumes dragon blood, damages user], Cure Psishock [req aspirin], Ritual of Sending [no cost], Ritual of sense [no cost]
Diplomacy: good PR, Allies with Happy
Base (pit):
inquisitors:
-Sharkon (uninjured): Submerged
-Beldroth (uninjured): Adult (+1 physique, +1 power)
-Some scrub fish (lightly injured): submerged
-Warband: 50 beasts, 10 satyrs, 10 minotaurs, attacking Quarken, allied with Quacken and Quarken's inquisitors

---- NPC factions
Jail: nobody relevant

Mr. Banana hammock (uninjured): 50 cultists, disturbing presence, purging Archon [req traitor or inquisitor]

Unlight (uninjured): 100 cultists

World details:
-Orb of Stalwarts 1 and 3 destroyed

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 01, 2016, 12:40:49 pm »

2720 cultists+150 bored cultists: use the ritual of super banishment on Arcing mist-elf's base
Everyone else: guard the guys performing the ritual,stay outside the circle

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: May 01, 2016, 01:06:06 pm »

2720 cultists+150 bored cultists: use the ritual of super banishment on Arcing mist-elf's base
Everyone else: guard the guys performing the ritual,stay outside the circle

Banish: [2] They botch the circle and will have to redraw it.
Guard: [5] They set up a watch and ensure the safety of the ritualists. (945 marksmen guarding effectively)
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 121