Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Companion with PTSD? ... He is being a big baby...  (Read 2919 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Companion with PTSD? ... He is being a big baby...
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 07:03:23 am »

Yeah, the families get a bit... unusual. I had a necromancer tell me about his multiple cousins who married aunts and uncles who married his siblings and so forth... I tried to find the rest of them to prune this very knotted family tree but it's harder than you might think to track people down like that.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 09:28:03 am »

One VERY nice thing that just happened:

I brought one of the kids home safely to her mother, who is the lady of Yellstender. She told me that the goblin Estrur Hexrules' army was marching towards her town, and I decided I would have none of that. So, I parked my kids in her keep, hefted my battleaxe and set off for Tundrascorpion, the dark pit where Estrur kept her foul presence. When I arrived, I found Estrur, strangled her to death, and told everyone there about it. They attacked me. Funny how far a goblin flies when you throw it out of a tower.

Anyway, I returned to Yellstender and told the lady the good news, but then I saw that she had conscripted all my kids! Instead of being named "child", their profession was now "recruit". They agreed to follow me, but kept their profession as recruits, and when I ask them about it, they say "I am a soldier".

This means I can now give them weapons and armor.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:33:34 am by Magnus »
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 07:54:39 am »

Disciplined soldiers still get horrified at killing sentients or seeing their bodies, it just doesn't stop them from acting. Harpies are considered sentients, even though they're evil and aggro. I don't know what it takes to make a hardened individual, maybe some prerequisite traits, but killing enemies and seeing them dead alone won't do it. Perhaps enough personal tragedy and/or trauma.
Pages: 1 [2]