Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 160535 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch
« Reply #1560 on: November 07, 2017, 01:43:40 am »

It's just sad that this originally casual shooter became so toxic.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 07, 2017, 03:32:02 am »

Just queue with a friend and mute everyone else. Game will be 500% more fun.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 07, 2017, 11:05:27 am »

Just don't give a damn and do your own thing when it comes to choosing the character you want to play.  Of course, you need to also not care who your teammates play.

And eh... there is a whole lot of things to be said of Mercy gameplay down in silver.  People are really unaware of shit going on around em most of the time.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 07, 2017, 11:12:25 am »

I just don't play competitive. Much less toxic that way.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 07, 2017, 01:52:17 pm »

when I selected moira I nicked my hand on the edge

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 07, 2017, 04:27:47 pm »

I'd figure Reaper already made a bigger one, on your soul.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 07, 2017, 05:58:08 pm »

I'd figure Reaper already made a bigger one, on your soul.

Reaper is our edgelord and savior, Moira is His prophet

BriceBo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 10, 2017, 11:18:53 am »

I just don't play competitive. Much less toxic that way.

Same here. Actually, I do it from time to time, just enough to remember why I don't like it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 01:15:58 pm by BriceBo »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 10, 2017, 11:55:06 am »

I play the 10 competitive matches to get a rank and never touch it again. It's pretty bad.
Like most games though, I already accepted it that you need a pre-made if you want fun in competitive.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 10, 2017, 01:29:48 pm »

Eh, I pretty much exclusively play Competitive... even when I am still 'practicing'.  I can even afford a gold weapon by now....  but...  I don't really like gold skins.

Either way, I go into matches expecting a shitshow performance and be pleasantly surprised if we pull off victory or draw.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 27, 2018, 01:04:18 am »

I've pretty much completely cut overwatch out of my diet, save for playing around in FFA once in a blue moon. Brigitte largely killed the standard game modes for me; she's both incredibly powerful and incredibly frustrating to fight. Couple this with her being an autopick every match and you've got a recipe for disaster.

More than that though, I dont know if I like Blizzard's take on stuns. Abilities that take control away from the victim always feel bad. Any time a hero with CC becomes common, Overwatch's gameplay becomes somewhat unbearable to me. I dont see why you'd ever implement a hero with an instantly activating, low cooldown stun. There is no situation in which that is fun, whether that's coming from Brigitte or anyone else.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 27, 2018, 01:29:43 am »

To be fair, every time a new character is released, whatever they can do is moaned about endlessly since people havent figured out how to counter them. Anything that can burst down her shield is effective, and she's useless if attacked from more than one direction.

I'm a Lucio/rein main so I've learned to a) swing endlessly, rein wins that duel, b) make her head spin, either I get behind her or she turns her shield from my dps/tanks, or c) swap, the most elusive skill in Overwatch. Moira can lob an orb at her and keep distance while she zaps Baguette's shield, D.Va and Winston can burst down and zap through her barrier respectively (though Winston shouldn't 1v1 her), and most of the dps either have range or high burst damage.

Borgata's designed to hard counter a lot of the narrow focus of team comps we've had, it's going to take a bit for a community entrenched in dive and disapproving of almost any change in the game to come around to playing in a way where Borgia fits in as well as anyone else. Give it a month or two more.

All that said, I only just got back into playing regularly. The community at gold rank hurts my soul.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 27, 2018, 01:50:42 am »

I'm enjoying FFA competitive. McCree's kind of the optimal choice in almost all situations, but McCree is fun, since his potential for growth as far as skill goes is huge and basically any improvement in any kind of skill immediately leads to better results in-game, which is my kind of thing. It does slightly annoy me that if I'm feeling Ana, Zenyatta or Moira instead of McCree and there's a Brigitte or Reinhardt or Winston around I'm basically dooming myself to losing, but that's competitive.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 27, 2018, 02:51:08 am »

To be fair, every time a new character is released, whatever they can do is moaned about endlessly since people havent figured out how to counter them. Anything that can burst down her shield is effective, and she's useless if attacked from more than one direction.

I'm a Lucio/rein main so I've learned to a) swing endlessly, rein wins that duel, b) make her head spin, either I get behind her or she turns her shield from my dps/tanks, or c) swap, the most elusive skill in Overwatch. Moira can lob an orb at her and keep distance while she zaps Baguette's shield, D.Va and Winston can burst down and zap through her barrier respectively (though Winston shouldn't 1v1 her), and most of the dps either have range or high burst damage.

Borgata's designed to hard counter a lot of the narrow focus of team comps we've had, it's going to take a bit for a community entrenched in dive and disapproving of almost any change in the game to come around to playing in a way where Borgia fits in as well as anyone else. Give it a month or two more.

All that said, I only just got back into playing regularly. The community at gold rank hurts my soul.

The problem with dealing with Brigitte's shield is that she has far more control over when she takes damage than, say, Reinhardt. She can bring it up and put it down nearly instantly and without detriment to her team, so there is no reason for it to ever break. The only time you will ever see a Brig's shield break is if she's in a situation where anyone else would have died several times over.

We'll have to see what happens with her, but Brigitte's winrate has stabilized at 57% for the last month. Rein is the next best at 52%, so you can imagine how much she must be carrying to pull that much sway in her matches. The reason why I don't see that changing without further nerfs (or buffs to her counters) is because the best counter to her is communication and better aim, not knowledge of her mechanics. It's simply a matter of dealing enough damage to her quickly enough, like any other tank.

I personally think Rein is probably the least effective counter you could possibly attempt, but Sombra definitely does the job. She's just sadly almost entirely unplayed and a miserable hero if you don't know what you're doing.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 02:54:02 am by Rex_Nex »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: May 28, 2018, 11:44:04 am »

Did they ever fix the glitch where all of Rein's abilities base their collision on where everything was 1 second ago?

(I'm not joking, that was in the game for at least 6 months, they originally "fixed" it by speeding up the animation for Rein's hammer so it hit earlier)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107